facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2014, 03:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner
Default Colonialism back in Cricket:Big Three could control revamped ICC

I am extremely saddened by these proposals. I will not copy paste but few highlights
1. England, Australia, India will have control of ICC
2. These 3 will virtually have Veto in ICC decisions
3. In the new 2 Tier System, these 3 teams cannot be relegated
4. These 3 countries will only have the choice to appoint important posts like Chairman which have all the powers.
5. These 3 countries will have all the major revenues of ICC

Well what else to say but this will result in death of Cricket. People had always talked BCCI was evil but infact ECB and CA were always equal partners in crime, only difference was that they cared to hide their action while BCCI did not. If this is implemented trust me it is end of the game

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/710723.html

Old January 17, 2014, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

It has been like that for a while. Only difference it seems now is the fact that they're making it more obvious. Hence only these 3 countries have the luxury to have 4-5 Test match series. Even SA who has been #1 for a while got bossed by BCCI in to a 2 Test match series and now Australia are bossing Pakistan to make their Test series a 2 Test match series instead of 3.

Indeed it's very sad. Instead of trying to globalize the game, they just want cricket for themselves. WIth this kind of mindset, cricket will continue to fall behind the likes of soccer, basketball, baseball, rugby etc. in terms of popularity and diversity
Old January 17, 2014, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

This article makes me wonder if I am reading this in dream or in real life! How can this be true? This was okay for club cricket tournament like Champions trophy where but for international cricket? They are all considering cancelling the FTP and that means mainly the 3 nations will play against each other. Why cant they be relegated??? Are they the kings??? It is like these 3 will be the 1st class citizen of cricket and the other countries are on "visa". This pathetic change can only happen in cricket! Other countries should not allow this to happen and cricket to die.

Last edited by cricketboy; January 17, 2014 at 06:25 PM..
Old January 17, 2014, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
It has been like that for a while. Only difference it seems now is the fact that they're making it more obvious. Hence only these 3 countries have the luxury to have 4-5 Test match series. Even SA who has been #1 for a while got bossed by BCCI in to a 2 Test match series and now Australia are bossing Pakistan to make their Test series a 2 Test match series instead of 3.

Indeed it's very sad. Instead of trying to globalize the game, they just want cricket for themselves. WIth this kind of mindset, cricket will continue to fall behind the likes of soccer, basketball, baseball, rugby etc. in terms of popularity and diversity
I thought Pakistan wanted a 2-test match series to schedule an ODI series which will bring more money.
Old January 17, 2014, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Shouldn't there be a voting system or something? How can these 3 just decide to get up and take control of everything? The ROW has no say in it?
Old January 17, 2014, 04:27 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I don't think they will be successful at this..... Just like test championship, this will be a fail.... Other boards won't stand up to this. Specially CSA, SLC, NZC won't buy into this bunch of crap
Old January 17, 2014, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

I wonder whether these BIG 3s have an adviser from Awami League or not.

Kidding aside...this is 3-tocracy..i say lets make a different league with the 7 other nations and give Ireland the test status and make a 8 nations Test/ODI/T20 leagues...let those 3 SNOBS play each other all they want.

I hope BCB doesn't cower down and vote to this proposal to make BCCI happy...
Old January 17, 2014, 10:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
I hope BCB doesn't cower down and vote to this proposal to make BCCI happy...
Don't be surprised if the BCCI make some empty promises that will sway BCB their way.
Old January 18, 2014, 08:48 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The rest of the world needs to come to their senses and be united against these three top boards. SA, NZ, SL, Zimabwe, Pakistan, WI, BD, Afghanistan, Ireland. I see enough nations for cricket to continue in a fair manner. Let India Australia and England play each other in 15 match ODI series all year with each other.
Old January 18, 2014, 09:07 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I don't think they will be successful at this..... Just like test championship, this will be a fail.... Other boards won't stand up to this. Specially CSA, SLC, NZC won't buy into this bunch of crap
None of the other seven boards will vote for this. That is obvious. The people who drafted it also know that. Why would they still propose it ?

There is a standard tactic used in politics, and of course in cricket, to raise a very controversial issue that has no chance of getting agreement, and use this as a diversion to getting something else passed. The second issue might have got blocked if it was the only issue, but may get overlooked because of the first, bigger issue.

Another could be that the big-3 believe that they can bully the smaller boards using carrots and sticks into supporting the proposal. For eg, if the big-3 agree to tour Bangladesh in the next three years if BCB signs, or starve them otherwise. If BCB is desperately short of money and the term of the current members is going to end in three years, they may just choose to opt for the short term benefit.
Old January 18, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The rest of the world needs to come to their senses and be united against these three top boards. SA, NZ, SL, Zimabwe, Pakistan, WI, BD, Afghanistan, Ireland. I see enough nations for cricket to continue in a fair manner. Let India Australia and England play each other in 15 match ODI series all year with each other.
I think everyone is missing the fact that relegation is only for Test cricket not ODI/T20. This is just another way to eliminate Test cricket for everyone else except the top 3 + SA. For these boards they still make money when they play Test amongst each other, so they can't ban Test cricket for good. So by making a relegation system, they will continue to play against one another, and if the other boards can afford to play Test cricket against each other than go ahead top 3 board won't care as long as it doesn't cost them any money.

They are not saying we won't play ODI/T20 with other teams, that would be dumb. Than cricket will just become a 3-4 team sports. They just don't want to play Test cricket against financially weaker boards and lose money. If this goes through we will still play those top teams but only ODI/T20 and most likely only at home.
Old January 19, 2014, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

So suppose in future we have a 2 tier system of test cricket with 6 teams each. And Aus, Ind, and England are no 4, 5, 6, no 2 and no 3 will be relegated. What a joke!
Old January 19, 2014, 07:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

RIP Cricket. You will be missed.

As shocking as it sounds though, most of these proposals are already in place for the past few years, now they're just trying to make them official. The lower ranked test teams hardly get a match against the top ranked sides, the FTP has become a complete joke, and the bulk of the revenue goes into the big 3's coffers, not to mention that all the key positions in ICC are basically controlled by the 3 boards.

There's more to the story than it appears. Its highly unlikely that a draft from a closed door meeting in ICC gets leaked all by itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it was leaked intentionally, for reasons that might become clear in the coming days. Sadly, it might not be that difficult to get the proposal approved, since four members are already part of the committee, and we all know that there are some boards for sale.

The funny thing is, the media that has been the most vocal about this unholy cabal are from these 3 nations. The media from the other nations should raise their voices even more, seldom they have full and undivided support of the people.

There is a bangla word that perfectly sums up the situation: "মগের মুল্লুক"
Old January 19, 2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum_1
RIP Cricket. You will be missed.

As shocking as it sounds though, most of these proposals are already in place for the past few years, now they're just trying to make them official. The lower ranked test teams hardly get a match against the top ranked sides, the FTP has become a complete joke, and the bulk of the revenue goes into the big 3's coffers, not to mention that all the key positions in ICC are basically controlled by the 3 boards.

There's more to the story than it appears. Its highly unlikely that a draft from a closed door meeting in ICC gets leaked all by itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it was leaked intentionally, for reasons that might become clear in the coming days. Sadly, it might not be that difficult to get the proposal approved, since four members are already part of the committee, and we all know that there are some boards for sale.

The funny thing is, the media that has been the most vocal about this unholy cabal are from these 3 nations. The media from the other nations should raise their voices even more, seldom they have full and undivided support of the people.

There is a bangla word that perfectly sums up the situation: "মগের মুল্লুক"

Nicely summed up!

All other boards along with associate boards should unite and create pressure on ICC not to let cricket die.
Old January 19, 2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
None of the other seven boards will vote for this. That is obvious. The people who drafted it also know that. Why would they still propose it ?

There is a standard tactic used in politics, and of course in cricket, to raise a very controversial issue that has no chance of getting agreement, and use this as a diversion to getting something else passed. The second issue might have got blocked if it was the only issue, but may get overlooked because of the first, bigger issue.

Another could be that the big-3 believe that they can bully the smaller boards using carrots and sticks into supporting the proposal. For eg, if the big-3 agree to tour Bangladesh in the next three years if BCB signs, or starve them otherwise. If BCB is desperately short of money and the term of the current members is going to end in three years, they may just choose to opt for the short term benefit.
I fear you are so right...^^^ Tintin

Either way, we are doomed regardless we want or not. I do expect Bosses to get bigger share, but at least, show some fairness even if on paper!
Old January 20, 2014, 06:02 AM
Cricket Savant

ay thread e eshe bhablum ki shob david livingston, american vespucky, magellan tagellan der kotha porbo dhut...ki shob ajaira two tier politics icc ghanghani lagalen apnara.... thats just not cricket

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 25, 2014, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

The Indian Supreme court could not do this earlier?!??!!??
Supreme Court recommends that Srinivasan step down