facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old July 20, 2012, 03:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Whatever Kenny's doing needs to change pronto or the family must find a better GM. Looks like we've lost the Weber battle also and now that we have, better hope for Brendan Smith and Gustav Nyquist to become our future Lidstrom and Zetterberg. Time for Filppula emerge as an elite player and become a consistent 30 goal, 50 assist scorer. Once Datsyuk and Zetterberg, especially Zetterberg with his probable captaincy, also score 30+ goals each, we'll be fine offensively with Sammy back in the fold. Franzen better step up but I don't think he will. We've been waiting for him to have a breakout year for a while now. He's 32 now and that bus has left the terminal.

WTG Kenny on repeatedly missing the boat while overpaying useless underachievers. I am disgusted and this is my last post in this thread. Signing Semin will not bring me back.

Adios Beamer, Leafs Pawn, Cricman and everyone else for participating in this successful thread. It has been fun as always and let's hope that the Red Wings, Pens or the Rangers give us a real reason to celebrate by the end of the 2012-2013 SCF.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 20, 2012 at 05:01 AM..

Old July 23, 2012, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Nash + AHL'er + 3rd to the Rangers for Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, 1st. Finally some action!

The offer from the Sharks was better IMHO.
Old July 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Preds match Weber offersheet from Philly (14 Y, 110 M).

What a retarded move by Holmgren. Weber would have tested UFA market for sure. Ah well, the farther he stays away from the East, the better!
Old August 13, 2012, 10:18 AM
Test Cricketer

There better not be a lockout.
Old August 15, 2012, 06:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Smile Not Worried AT ALL!

Quote:
For the first time in a long time, the Detroit Red Wings are a team at a crossroads.

The Red Wings, who have made the playoffs an NHL-record 21 straight seasons, appear to have enough talent to still be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. However, for the first time in 20 seasons they do not have Nicklas Lidstrom, the player coach Mike Babcock referred to as "a security blanket, a guy that just makes you feel good."

They've got high-end talent, a good core of players still in their mid-to-late 20s, and a solid prospect pool. However, there are more questions about the Red Wings entering this season than there have been in a long time.

Here are six that need to be answered for Detroit to stay a dominant team in 2012-13:

READ MORE
Provided there's no lockout, I expect the Canes to contend for the Cup next year and Minny to be a greatly improved playoff team. Philly fudged up big time and I don't think Giroux alone will take them farther than he did last season, if that.

A lot of people are wondering about us but like many in the Red Wing Nation, I think we'll do better than expected. I expect Nyquist, Smith and perhaps Brunner and Kindl to respond well to the challenge facing them and become worthy of the Red Wings starting lineup. I expect Ericsson and Quincey to step up defensively, especially with blocking shots during PKs, while Hank and Pavel score more than they have been as Val continues to emerge as a 70+ scorer. Expecting ZERO from Fanzen. He is 32 and hasn't had that "breakout" season yet, and probably never will (Kenny should've signed Hossa instead). In hindsight, I'm glad he didn't overpay for players not worth what they're getting paid by other teams after this year's FA market. Not making a serious move on Weber on the other hand was pretty dumb. "The Wings don't poach" mindset should've been reconsidered in light of the fact that we no longer have the greatest pure defenseman in the history of the game (Orr was better offensively), and needed him BADLY.

Anyway, the addition of Sammy helps our O, Tootoo adds enough spark and grit to make Helmer's checking line the best in the league, and Jonas will back Howard up to provide one of the best goaltending tandems.

We've always depended on our formidable farm system to polish diamonds in the rough and create a pipeline second to none. I expect that tradition to continue and be pleasantly surprised by some of the Griffins stepping up and grabbing this opportunity with both hands. Besides, we have plenty of cash to improve our team before the next playoffs start.

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Test Cricketer

The NHL owners suck. They want way too much of the pie.

This crap better get resolved in time for the winter classic between Sohel bhai and I.