facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #226  
Old November 1, 2016, 02:18 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 4,093

Doubt those team will hire a sub continental coach.

Sri Lankan fans want him as the coach, and they would be stupid not to, given the impact he has had with Bangladesh. One cant fault him for wanting to coach his national team, even Streak jumped at the opportunity to leave a stable high paid job to coach his own country.

I dont think SLC will have any financial issue, already they are spending a whopping 250 per annum on Graham Ford.

But 2019 is far away, we shouldnt worry too much about it. Looking forward to how far the coach can take us in the next 2-3 years.
Reply With Quote

  #227  
Old November 1, 2016, 02:25 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,648

If BCB wants him, they will keep him. And they will splash the cash on him that he cant refuse. If BCB gets into any **** with him or doesnt see growth then even if no one wants him, BCB will just get rid of him.
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old November 1, 2016, 03:12 AM
abherath abherath is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 19, 2005
Posts: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Questions for Coach Chandika Hathurusinghe:

> If you can't manage one single player, how on earth you would manage eleven players?

> Did you take a course on man management? If so, why you did not sit with Shakib and talk to him one to one basis?

> You don't even got a chance to know the players well yet and you started to complain about them to BCB? Weren't you hired to manage the players rather complaining?

> Now that BCB f****d you up, how you are going to work with the other players as you might have lost their faith (in you)?

Well, I only hope now you would be courageous and intelligent enough to sort this saga between Shakib and BCB up and unite and motivate the team for a better future.

Good luck
Interesting, isn't it to look back on this ?
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old November 1, 2016, 03:28 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh

I dont think SLC will have any financial issue, already they are spending a whopping 250 per annum on Graham Ford.
Man I ddin't know cricket coaches make this low... I think this is definitely below market.

I remember back in the days, they used to release some of the money benefits offered to coaches for BD. And they used to structure the bonuses for wins/ties/series win very lucratiely.... If hathuri got something similar he is banking..

But a sole salary of 250K a year - i am surprised they don't have problem filling in the post.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old November 1, 2016, 03:42 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,982

^
I believe Hathuri's newest contract is 25 Ks a month. So that is 300 Ks a year.

And no, 250 Ks a year is not bad for the big cities of South Asia. You have to take location into account. These cricket coaches are not residing in NYC or San Francisco.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old November 1, 2016, 03:42 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 13,532

^ Dev wanted 5k a month in the 90s and BCB turned him down.

Yes, coaches are highly underpaid. Cricketers are too. Then ICL came along.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old November 1, 2016, 03:57 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
^
I believe Hathuri's newest contract is 25 Ks a month. So that is 300 Ks a year.

And no, 250 Ks a year is not bad for the big cities of South Asia. You have to take location into account. These cricket coaches are not residing in NYC or San Francisco.
THere has to be a standard market salary and up from there depending on the team. Cost of living should not weigh in this matter because these are international posts and infact you should be paid higher for moving to a "less developed" area.

If one of our boys go to IPL and he is offered less than the standard becuase his cost of living in dhaka is low - it is not really fair is it?

I think it is the bonus structure that makes BCB position lucrative, maybe also ?tax exempt :p heh).... I am pretty certain he has a good bonus structure. 300k may look like a lot of money from a Bangladeshi POV but it is not really that much money given coach is not gonna feature in lucrative tv deals.

Playing in BD national team is very lucrative because of the sponsorship - that's why no body cares about player salary and is perhaps negligible. If anything, they should focus on increasing salaries at domestic level so crickeet is a viable career even if u don't make the big national team.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old November 1, 2016, 05:26 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 4,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Man I ddin't know cricket coaches make this low... I think this is definitely below market.

I remember back in the days, they used to release some of the money benefits offered to coaches for BD. And they used to structure the bonuses for wins/ties/series win very lucratiely.... If hathuri got something similar he is banking..

But a sole salary of 250K a year - i am surprised they don't have problem filling in the post.
Well thats how it is with the non big 3 teams.

India were paying Ravi Shastri close to 90K USD per month (Yes Month!) for his role as team director. Fletcher, Kirsten were earning in the 40-50K per month bracket for India. Bayliss, Flower were also in the 40-50 range with England. Not sure about Australia.

IPL is another extreme. I think Delhi Daredevils were paying Kirsten 400,000 USD for 2 months, imagine that. No wonder Kirsten doesnt want to coach a national team.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old November 1, 2016, 10:33 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
THere has to be a standard market salary and up from there depending on the team. Cost of living should not weigh in this matter because these are international posts and infact you should be paid higher for moving to a "less developed" area.

If one of our boys go to IPL and he is offered less than the standard becuase his cost of living in dhaka is low - it is not really fair is it?

I think it is the bonus structure that makes BCB position lucrative, maybe also ?tax exempt :p heh).... I am pretty certain he has a good bonus structure. 300k may look like a lot of money from a Bangladeshi POV but it is not really that much money given coach is not gonna feature in lucrative tv deals.

Playing in BD national team is very lucrative because of the sponsorship - that's why no body cares about player salary and is perhaps negligible. If anything, they should focus on increasing salaries at domestic level so crickeet is a viable career even if u don't make the big national team.
I understand your point. It's just that everything is scaled down in Bd and other developing countries. For example, one of the most high profile companies of Bd, Grameen Phone. I am sure you heard of it. Guess how much its CEO makes? Between $174 ks to $191ks annually.(bloomberg.com, careerbliss.com) Which in the Bd context, is CEO worthy income. And most CEOS of big companies in Dhaka are foreigners, as is Grameen Phone's Rajeev Sethi who is Indian. But they still settle for the income. So it's not just a matter of where you come from, only that $200 Ks annually is considered top notch income in Bd.

It's a a good topic. I am now curious to dig up more salaries of all the CEOs, and other international coaches. Gave me a good idea to write an article on it.Thx.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old November 1, 2016, 11:29 AM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: the Hague
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 4,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I understand your point. It's just that everything is scaled down in Bd and other developing countries. For example, one of the most high profile companies of Bd, Grameen Phone. I am sure you heard of it. Guess how much its CEO makes? Between $174 ks to $191ks annually.(bloomberg.com, careerbliss.com) Which in the Bd context, is CEO worthy income. And most CEOS of big companies in Dhaka are foreigners, as is Grameen Phone's Rajeev Sethi who is Indian. But they still settle for the income. So it's not just a matter of where you come from, only that $200 Ks annually is considered top notch income in Bd.

It's a a good topic. I am now curious to dig up more salaries of all the CEOs, and other international coaches. Gave me a good idea to write an article on it.Thx.
I would be curious to read about this as well. Along with Grameen Phone, you could dig through the annual reports of British American Tobacco, Standard Chartered, Unilever....You can start with BAT here, at p. 136
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old November 5, 2016, 10:21 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 13,532

Motivator: 8.5/10
Tactics: 8/10
Managment: 9/10 (completely changed the culture of this team)
Perspective: 8/10
Selection: 2/10 (and I'm being generous)

I really hoped with him around the selection culture would change too, but it hasn't. He's just feeding it. If he's really in charge, there is no way Nanu alone is making the shots
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old November 5, 2016, 01:00 PM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,873

I said somewhere else he is a rubbish coach.

Like Dillu, I would give him identical ratings, but his selection policy ruins his reputation. There is a saying, you are only as good as your weakest quality.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old November 5, 2016, 01:15 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 13,532

^ don't think he's a rubbish coach. Don't be ridic. now. He just has trouble picking the right players. And it's hard to understand his logic at times. The whole reason why I wanted him to be part of the coaching selection so he can goo look at the players and hand pick them to plug them into his plans based on what he sees. He doesn't even go to the games! Then should not be part of the plan. But then I def don't trust Nannu Boltu running the show.

Quote:
TDS: Can you give us hints on your strategies for the New Zealand series?

CH: I really don't want to elaborate because I won't give my plans early. But I can tell you that I have made plans beyond the New Zealand series I have already been thinking about our game plan for the World Cup. For example who might we play in the final or the semifinal of the 2019 World Cup? And then I start thinking backwards from there. What will be the major obstacles for us in England in 2019, and then from there the Champions trophy. And then I come back to the New Zealand series and I try to find out what we can get from this series. I firstly ask whether we have the ammunition to be competitive there or can we win there? When we answer these questions we are not taking risks, but we come to terms with what we have.
Release the squad 52 days early.
Also, I didn't want to say anything about something I noticed on that interview, right after the Eng, because I'd have been the villain, but... lot of "I" in that interview. "I'll do this, I'll do that. I have a lot of plans. Me, me, me." England win got to his head.

Winning with a flawed team only encouraged more flawed selection.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old November 5, 2016, 01:25 PM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ don't think he's a rubbish coach. He just has trouble picking the right players. And it's hard to understand his logic at a times.



Release the squad 52 days early.
Also, I didn't want to say anything about something I noticed on that interview, right after the Eng, because I'd have been the villain, but... lot of "I" in that interview. "I'll do this, I'll do that. I have a lot of plans. Me, me, me." England win got to his head.

Winning with a flawed team only encouraged more flawed selection
.
Yes before the series he was whining about everything.

Ofcourse he is not a rubbish coach, but by making selection blunders it not only creates a weak team but also reduces the morale of the team.

We have won under Mashrafe often because of his morale boosting ability. But we look shattered in the WT20 because our captain looked down after Taskin got banned, which was also poor from Mash because your true face is revealed when you are truly under the pump. But Mash was a smart player who always tried to help everyone in the side.

Haturi never did justice to the fringe players by speaking out against them in public.

I didn't like it either how he said he won't consider BPL for selection. BPL is the best indiciator of a player's ability in LOIs. Notice how BPL is mediocre? That is because our players are mediocre but a player who can perform in BPL is definitely more capable than someone who does well in the nets.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old November 5, 2016, 07:15 PM
sadekjake sadekjake is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 22, 2012
Posts: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I understand your point. It's just that everything is scaled down in Bd and other developing countries. For example, one of the most high profile companies of Bd, Grameen Phone. I am sure you heard of it. Guess how much its CEO makes? Between $174 ks to $191ks annually.(bloomberg.com, careerbliss.com) Which in the Bd context, is CEO worthy income. And most CEOS of big companies in Dhaka are foreigners, as is Grameen Phone's Rajeev Sethi who is Indian. But they still settle for the income. So it's not just a matter of where you come from, only that $200 Ks annually is considered top notch income in Bd.

It's a a good topic. I am now curious to dig up more salaries of all the CEOs, and other international coaches. Gave me a good idea to write an article on it.Thx.
Although you found those numbers on bloomberg and careerbliss, I can say with confidence that the numbers are quite inaccurate (unless they just state the base salary).

City Bank's CEO Sohel RK Hussain gets paid around BDT 35 lac per month, which roughly converts to $540K per year. The previous CEO, KM Sattar got paid even more (~40 lac/month). During his time, KM Sattar was said to be the highest paid CEO in the country.

Former Citi NA CEO Mamun Rashid used to get paid BDT 30 lac per month.

Anyways, I don't think Haturi's salary is very high. There are hundreds of Sri Lankans in the Bangladeshi textiles industry earning higher salaries.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket