facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 5, 2018, 04:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Default Viability of a Bengali Dating App.

Evening Folks/Morning/Night

So, I am currently considering developing a software application primarily targeted to the youth of Bangladesh particularly focusing on the 17-35 year old demographic. Now moralities aside, what are the general communities thoughts on a dedicated Bangladeshi dating app, I am talking one that is modeled around Tinder, but will also encompass those that want to have more serious/genuine relationships and have unique elements that I will obviously not disclose here.

So as you all probably know the youth of Bangladesh in general are already obsessed with their phones/mobile devices, and I believe already a few startups such as AmarBike have implemented ride sharing services. I was thinking, why not exploit this addiction and get people connected and creating both meaningful/meaningless bonds.

The app will have a dedicated English and Bangla language UI, that allows seamless transition between the two.

Thoughts?

Old November 5, 2018, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Hey, great question. But whatever answers you get back will have little to no value.

If you are serious about it, you need to do some serious due diligence in order to determine the viability.

Start with defining what is it that your app is aiming to do. Solidify your product description. First do a market and competitor analysis. From what I know, there is already shaadi and muslimdating dot com. what is it that you will offer that bengalis arent get with these two?

Then you go a step further, what's your marketing plan? (How are you gonna get the word out?) What's your operations plan?
Most importantly, what does your cost structure look like? Do a basic financial plan (use aggressive and conservative projections).
Once you have the answers to all this, and you think it's worth doing, create a MVP (minimum viable product). Test, get feedback, iterate, iterate, iterate...
Hope that helps.
Old November 5, 2018, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

creating an app like that requires a some money and a team of ppl (money is not always that important). anything is viable if the product is right. Also the fact that you are asking here shows you aren't really serious. It's a race to dominate when it comes to market share in some of these space. Also product of match group (ie tinder) aren't sitting down and waiting for US or Australian market - they expand and try to grab market share world wide.. a good example is UBER.

Having said that I think it's a good idea. Bangladesh is changing socially and the growth of internet mobile device over the last decade has been exponential. HOwever no real leader came up to grab some of these addicted population - it is the foreign companies like FB who are dominating.

any product to get the already internet addicted people is a good viable option in my opinion.

Only thing is you still have to understand the culture behind us and the stigma associated with it - so u need to implement those in your product .. for exam you dating has to be female based - basically give complete control to girls for it to be successful.. something like "coffee meets bagel" but better - and perhaps integrate facebook but that's ur choice and choice of ur team...

it's not a one man project! but can be done cheaply with a group of talented friends or in Bangladesh itself.

Good luck. And when u start grabbing soem attention - money for growth will be a non issue.. ppl will line up to give u money. Venture capitalists are pocket full of dough looking to throw in money if they see a little glimmer of hope in any of these social product.

again it's not a topic to be discussed in a non tech forum or any forum.. it's a race to finsih first and grab. What u are thinking... 10 other ppl are thinking and making it u can be certain IF there is a market. Without research of any current apps.. i can tell u there is a huge potential market for right dating app in BD with current social change.
Old November 5, 2018, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Yankees and IDumb have really covered everything. Nothing to add here. I know you have the background necessary to develop such a thing. So DO it! Who cares if it fails. Success is moving from failure to failure.
Old November 5, 2018, 08:53 AM
Cricket Legend

infact if I thought you had it in you from knowing u superficially in this forum, I personally would have contacted u and invested in this for the initial set up if you had all your Ts crossed. I think the idea is that good and the market is there. But unfortunately, don't take it otherwise as I don't know u personally or your programming skill level just through forum - u are not investable just yet.

All i saw so far is passion and lot of interest in programming. while i admire that and i think is a potential multi million dollar trait... Trait is just not enough without some sort of results.
Old November 5, 2018, 10:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 5, 2018, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

LMAO!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/bangladesh/...al_experience/

This actually DOES bring up good point. If SHTF and should some girl get raped or something then entire hell on earth would be dropped on your company. At least in the Western countries there is awareness, consequences and stringent laws that prevent most damage as opposed to a land where criminals walk around scott free.

Old November 5, 2018, 10:28 AM
Cricket Savant

What a refreshingly brilliant and fluid author! Jessica by the way if you are looking...

https://www.thedailystar.net/literat...tinder-1545931

Old November 5, 2018, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

More reasons why the right product would have a market. Dating app with extensive vetting - mainly connecting via facebook and matching ppl with few degrees of separation can be a starting point etc

Other options would be to start small how facebook started.. resstricted to College, organization via .edu .gov etc where the assumption is vetting already took place.

Dating websites (not app) catering to Bangladesh have some 90% male users and 10% female users - disproportionate but when u take the data from marriage agency that are offline the number switches where 90% female are looking for suitable male. So obviously girls want access but are not using any of these products..

this is a real problem and the question is how can you bring those girls online and make it safe, comfortable and a game changer. And how to solve this problem.

Sitting in ur bedroom in Australia is not gonna work nor will listening to some of us here would do much.
Old November 5, 2018, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Meye na peye ekhon dating app khujey.
Old November 5, 2018, 03:38 PM
Cricket Savant

DinRaat you want to get laid? Inbox me. I can arrange it.

Old November 5, 2018, 03:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Predicting opponent's next move in wavelength...

"So Jeeshan how come you haven't done it?"

Conditional reply:

"If you are good at something never do it." After all a crack dealer doesn't taste his own product himself whole day. At least not the savvy ones.

Old November 6, 2018, 06:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Evening Folks/Morning/Night

So, I am currently considering developing a software application primarily targeted to the youth of Bangladesh particularly focusing on the 17-35 year old demographic. Now moralities aside, what are the general communities thoughts on a dedicated Bangladeshi dating app, I am talking one that is modeled around Tinder, but will also encompass those that want to have more serious/genuine relationships and have unique elements that I will obviously not disclose here.

So as you all probably know the youth of Bangladesh in general are already obsessed with their phones/mobile devices, and I believe already a few startups such as AmarBike have implemented ride sharing services. I was thinking, why not exploit this addiction and get people connected and creating both meaningful/meaningless bonds.

The app will have a dedicated English and Bangla language UI, that allows seamless transition between the two.

Thoughts?
The problem is you grew up abroad and think that youth in Bangladesh are backwards.
They don't need no apps to find girls. You only need such crap in the West.
And Tinder in Bangladesh .. wtf ? You want to ruin our country or what ?
Old November 6, 2018, 07:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
The problem is you grew up abroad and think that youth in Bangladesh are backwards.
They don't need no apps to find girls. You only need such crap in the West.
And Tinder in Bangladesh .. wtf ? You want to ruin our country or what ?
I think BD polapines would rather stand outside girls educational centres/ shopping centres for hooking up.

Although I guess this app will get loads of hits as alot of BD polapine akaima te ustaad.
There was this faltu marka website made by characterless BD don's grandsons where they would rate BD girls based on their hotness. Also they had an awards ceremony too.
Old November 6, 2018, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Polapan ajkal mobile phone diye meyeder potaya feley. Tarpor face-to-face , tarpor body-to-body and then blackmail korey using live 'action' videos.
Old November 18, 2018, 02:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

So dinraat, which way are you leaning? Give us a followup, it's your thread.