facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 30, 2013, 07:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
it is unprofessionalism of the BCB and the franchises. But Isam will make anything to big news, as if we don't have enough bad reputation.
Oh soo now Isam is at fault for reporting the same news that's being reported all over the country? How is this not a big news? Isam didn't had to do jack to make this a big news, the morons running BCB and BPL did. Isam doesn't work for BCB, its not his job to save BCB's reputation.

Old January 30, 2013, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru

BCB is still crap, but BPL franchises are even worse!
Old January 30, 2013, 09:16 PM
Cricket Guru

The news is all over the media, but some people here expected Isam to stay quiet!
Old January 30, 2013, 09:59 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If my understanding is correct then the current setup is
i) Franchises will pay BCB
ii) BCB will play players

If this is so then why couldn't BCB just do the contract with all players themselves? Why separate the payment and the contracting process. BCB could have handled all contracts on behalf of the franchises to prevent screw-ups.
Old January 30, 2013, 10:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I know about that chief, but thats news before league started. Besides he didn't talk for him only. Since Shakib is silent and no follow up news came from Moha Isam, its assumable that he is paid enough. Here O Shah havnt got any, and thats why this issue. Do you think, this threat to not play next match will guarantee his left due to be cleared in time?!
Erm..read what you just wrote, you are defending Shakib over the same thing Owais has done. First of all, everyone was due to be paid 25% before the tournament started, Shakib didn't get paid so he was rightfully vocal. Secondly, I highly doubt he got paid as of yet because, or anyone in the team, because this whole problem affects DG entierly, and he probably didn't expect otherwise. Owais Shah didn't get paid, and we are halfway through the tournament he has the right to be vocal, you don't seem to be making a fuss over Shakib (it doesn't matter if it was before or after, it is even worse they aren't even paid yet), but over Owais and explicitly stating he is Pakistani. So what? Stop with the conspiracies ,they are not all out to sabotage the tournament.
Old January 30, 2013, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I think we're blaming the messenger unnecessarily. Isam is just doing his job. Really, how can we expect rosy stories when the reality is mostly doom and gloom?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 30, 2013, 10:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

I agree with Z bhai here. Isam can report the news as he sees fit and in whatever tone as long as he is presenting objective facts. If this was a journo with with an "Indian" name we'd be all over CricIndo. Because he is Bangladeshi we are trying find some sort of gaddari/traitorship angle.

BCB is very unprofessional but at least they are stepping up where the franchises have fallen short. It's our overall culture of not taking ownership and accountability that's the issue here.

Now someone in the franchises and BCB better be pulling all-nighters to make sure all paperwork is complete and the payments are cleared ASAP.

Seriously we are looking like the Lankan Board!
Old January 30, 2013, 10:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Lankan board is financially weak, but they are leagues more professional than ours. Come to think of it, didn't hear much complaints from the SLPL.
Old January 30, 2013, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I think we're blaming the messenger unnecessarily. Isam is just doing his job. Really, how can we expect rosy stories when the reality is mostly doom and gloom?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Yes you are right! it is as if in Bengali films mother handing over his corrupted child to the police. Truth hurts sometimes especially when it is against us from one of us.
Old January 31, 2013, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I reckon Isam bhai knows how bad BCB are so he is trying to report this as much as possible so hopefully there is more exposure abd the problem fixes.
Old January 31, 2013, 03:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Lankan board is financially weak, but they are leagues more professional than ours. Come to think of it, didn't hear much complaints from the SLPL.
SLPL payouts were a lot smaller, something on the order of 20% of what BPL has.

Regardless, BCB and BPL franchises are solely to blame here. They should be punished in any harsh way. This being the last BPL would be a good start.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 31, 2013, 03:39 AM
MLC World Series I

Honestly, the BCB is to be blamed here. It's their show. They have the whole authoritative power and can pull the plug anytime they want regarding the franchise salary disputes. But they sit back, do nothing, just talk bullshit and extend deadlines.
Old January 31, 2013, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Honestly, the BCB is to be blamed here. It's their show. They have the whole authoritative power and can pull the plug anytime they want regarding the franchise salary disputes. But they sit back, do nothing, just talk bullshit and extend deadlines.

Agree. It's their show. Right now they are passing the buck on to the franchisees. In
Old January 31, 2013, 06:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
SLPL also faced players' revolt worse than this. If I can recall correctly one match got delayed 2-3 hours due to similar payment issue players boycott to come in the ground and organisers fell in embarrasing postion themselves, but managed the damage well and not let these news spread much. But here, CI representative Moha Isam seems very keen to find every negetive critics in opertunistic timings against BPL.
I'm posting this, just for your compairison of payment complains of SLPL with our BPL, I got no claim against biased-ness of this Bangladeshi reporter, as he is doing his job his way.
Old January 31, 2013, 06:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Erm..read what you just wrote, you are defending Shakib over the same thing Owais has done. First of all, everyone was due to be paid 25% before the tournament started, Shakib didn't get paid so he was rightfully vocal. Secondly, I highly doubt he got paid as of yet because, or anyone in the team, because this whole problem affects DG entierly, and he probably didn't expect otherwise. Owais Shah didn't get paid, and we are halfway through the tournament he has the right to be vocal, you don't seem to be making a fuss over Shakib (it doesn't matter if it was before or after, it is even worse they aren't even paid yet), but over Owais and explicitly stating he is Pakistani. So what? Stop with the conspiracies ,they are not all out to sabotage the tournament.
Dont take it otherwise bro. Just fix it in the mind for a while- These payment issues were bound to happen anyway. I aint questining for right or wrong anymore as long as its about BCB & BPL. My question is if players aint paid yet, why they are playing right now, istead of being vocal like this Pakistani bloke, O Shah. Why not join him and boycott the whole league?
Atleast It does give you different perspective, aint it? Much better than shooting the messenger, who is btw of our own.
Old January 31, 2013, 08:44 AM
Cricket Sage

^ oh so now O shah is complaining because he is Pakistani? Shabash banagali, chalaiya jaw.
Old January 31, 2013, 09:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

After this deal is resolved [if it is], BCB should give out a final warning - one more missed deadline, and you lose ownership of the team. We also need to give ownership to comapnies/individulas who have a record of displaying professionalism. We can't just hand out franchises to no name brands with $.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Adbur Razzak adds voice to payments issue

Quote:
"Truth be told, I am not confident about payment. If I say I am confident, I might not get paid, and if I say I won't get paid, they may clear the payment."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/602933.html
Old January 31, 2013, 10:35 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Adbur Razzak adds voice to payments issue

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/602933.html
DG to tao 25% payment er paperwork korse. Era to kisui joma dei nai.

Old January 31, 2013, 10:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

This year's BPL is the last. Enjoyed it while it lasted.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
This year's BPL is the last. Enjoyed it while it lasted.
there are so many who will be responsible for this. All are busy pointing fingers at each other, no one is actually working on fixing this mess. As a nation we are really fortunate to have these golden idiots
Old January 31, 2013, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
there are so many who will be responsible for this. All are busy pointing fingers at each other, no one is actually working on fixing this mess. As a nation we are really fortunate to have these golden idiots
We are a nation of golden idiots.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

What is Lotus doing now? Maybe in an AC room in ICC Dubai HQ, smoking a cigar, and planning tonight's dinner with Zaka at a new fancy restaurant by Burj Khalifa.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Can the mods please merge all the BPL non payment thread!!

I am still optimistic that the issue will get resolved..... If the money is there than the payment shall be made eventually and these owners are some of the richest men in bangladesh...
Old January 31, 2013, 01:26 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) once again extended the deadline, till February 5, for the franchises to resolve all pending financial issues. Yesterday was the last day for the franchises to complete the 25 per cent of the players' fees but only Dhaka Gladiators and Khulna Royal Bengals complied with the deadline, according to the BPL governing council.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=267349