facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2006, 05:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Well said, thebest.

Bangladesh is rapidly developing in cricket. No doubt about that.

Old February 13, 2006, 07:25 AM
Forever Bangy

Sri Lanka will definitely bounce back tomorrow. They're not a team to be scared by a freak, one-off total.
Old February 13, 2006, 09:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
what's up with you are you a big Sri Lanka hater or a big Aussie Supporter?

BTW: didn't you write that in another thread?
On top of that he is from New Zealand? how can New Zealander support Australia? I can't put 2 and 2 togetther. The sound beatings over the years hasn't had any effect I guess.

Anyways, Abherath most of BC cricket members support SL after BD and you know that. I just pray the series against SL be a little more competitive than the previous one. Say two person scoring half centuries? or is it still not time to ask that much?

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 2:04 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old February 13, 2006, 09:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mona
Sri Lanka will definitely bounce back tomorrow. They're not a team to be scared by a freak, one-off total.
Let's See What Happens and who wins the race . You gotta be the Cat in Rat race . That's what the Aussies are as kiwis shown agianst the Aussies by chasing the highest ever total made by Aussies 332 in New Zealand . So , we gotta support Australia for tomorrow and i am giving you a gurantee now , let "Ponting" win the toss and let Australia bat first and then watch who's gonna win ? Srilanka or Australia .

Australia would be winner of the VB Series , It's guaranteed . If Srilanka can stop them so they can try but that would be useless as usual .
Old February 13, 2006, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally posted by mahrookh
Quote:
Let's See What Happens and who wins the race . You gotta be the Cat in Rat race . That's what the Aussies are as kiwis shown agianst the Aussies by chasing the highest ever total made by Aussies 332 in New Zealand . So , we gotta support Australia for tomorrow and i am giving you a gurantee now , let "Ponting" win the toss and let Australia bat first and then watch who's gonna win ? Srilanka or Australia .

Australia would be winner of the VB Series , It's guaranteed . If Srilanka can stop them so they can try but that would be useless as usual .
How can you be so confident? You really like these aussies... don't you?
Old February 13, 2006, 09:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
Quote:
Quote:

How can you be so confident? You really like these aussies... don't you?
It's not only me , all the Aussies are so confiedent . If you want you can even check the bettings on Srilanka vs Australia . Who is damn favourite to win . Batting first Australia won 96% matches . Anyway whatever it's !!!!! How can you guys expect them not to win in Australia ? Is that possible . May be the some Srilankn's dareest dream . Good Luck to Srilankans if they can win it but Result would Australia is the Champion of The VB Series . Now let's wait few more hours to see how badly Srilanka will loose today
Old February 13, 2006, 10:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
How can you guys expect them not to win in Australia ? Is that possible .
Mr. Mahrookh,
May I ask who won the 1st VB series final match this year? Was it your so powerful, over confident Australian team? Or did they lose?

Word of advice, don't be cocky and over confident. It will come and haunt you. This is Cricket my friend. Anything can happen. If the mighty Australia can lose against BD batting first, (so much for your 96% stat ) then they can lose to the SL team too. The series is tied. Whoever plays a better team game will win.

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 3:02 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old February 13, 2006, 10:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Quote:
How can you guys expect them not to win in Australia ? Is that possible .
Mr. Mahrookh,
May I ask who won the 1st VB series final match this year? Was it your so powerful, over confident Australian team? Or did they lose?

Word of advice, don't be cocky and over confident. It will come and haunt you. This is Cricket my friend. Anything can happen. If the mighty Australia can lose against BD batting first, (so much for your 96% stat ) then they can lose to the SL team too. The series is tied. Whoever plays a better team game will win.

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 3:02 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Thanks for your advice i will keep quiet from now on untill the Aussies gonna win the VB final in few hours . Srilanka just won 2 matches against the Aussies . It happens once in a blue moon when Australia looses to the lower rank teams but in the final when each and every people in Australia are so confiedent they gonna win then they will win by big margins . You support whichever team you like but we will go for the Aussies . Go Aussie Go .

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 5:08 PM GMT, by mahrookh.
Old February 13, 2006, 11:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Forget the Sri Lankans who, according to mahrookh, are 'useless'.

When Bangladesh thrashed Australia, it was no flash in the pan. Bangladesh completely outclassed the Aussies that day. Ponting would have been seeing Ash in his dreams ever since then, waking up in a cold sweat !

Give the Bangladeshis just a little more time and they will beat the Kangaroos more often, until the Aussies forget cricket and concentrate on baseball, hoping that Bangladesh wouldn't take to that sport too.

So there !

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 4:23 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old February 13, 2006, 11:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Talking of watching the VB finals, I should say that the Aussie spectator behaviour has been very disappointing. South Africans almost pulled out of the current VB tour.

There are great fans around the world, like in Bangladesh and the West Indies. They have crazy but clean fun.

Cricket is a sport not 'gang war'.
Old February 14, 2006, 06:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

The Aussies were obviously fired up by their defeat in the first final. What a mighty win by them today, chasing 267 ! They got it losing just one wicket, as if they had chased just 67 !

Though the massive margin of defeat is hard to take, SL can be happy that they managed to beat the Aussies twice in the last 30 days, that too in their own backyard. It takes a lot to beat Australia, in Australia.

If you want to beat the Aussies, you need to draw them out of Australia. The Sub-continent is a good place to do that.

Anyway, a marvelous performance by the Australians.
Old February 14, 2006, 06:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by abherath
The Aussies were obviously fired up by their defeat in the first final. What a mighty win by them today, chasing 267 ! They got it losing just one wicket, as if they had chased just 67 !

Though the massive margin of defeat is hard to take, SL can be happy that they managed to beat the Aussies twice in the last 30 days, that too in their own backyard. It takes a lot to beat Australia, in Australia.

If you want to beat the Aussies, you need to draw them out of Australia. The Sub-continent is a good place to do that.

Now you agree as I have been telling it to you since yesterday . That would be another shocking defeat as Gillchrist mentioned "Good Luck Srilanka for the future series in Bangladesh" . Did Srilanka come back in this game ? Beating one or two games is not gonna help anymore unless you win in the finals and become the winner . Please don't compare any other teams with Australia . Ofcourse they won't win every single game but they will win the most as they are the world champs . You are talking about the supporters as they are very confiedent on their teams to win and when they don't then they get surprised and beahve badly but it's still acceptable , it's always been happenning in the sub - contienent .

Anyway was a good show for the Aussies to take that series into the 3rd final in last 8 years Good Luck in Bangladesh .

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 11:27 AM GMT, by mahrookh.
Old February 14, 2006, 06:23 AM
Test Cricketer

mahrookh which team do you support when Bd plays against Aussiessss?
Old February 14, 2006, 06:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-khan
I only support 3 teams in the world . Here's the following ;

1) Bangladesh
2) New Zealand
3) Australia
Old February 14, 2006, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

mahrookh which team do you support when NZ plays against Aussiessss?
Old February 14, 2006, 06:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by thebest
mahrookh which team do you support when NZ plays against Aussiessss?
Ofcourse New Zealand . Can you beleive i was cheering for the kiwis when the Aussies made 331 and it was very hard for the kiwis to win in last match in New Zealand and they won it !!!! They also won the series against the Srilankans as well by 4 matches too .

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 11:41 AM GMT, by mahrookh.
Old February 14, 2006, 06:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-khan
I only support 3 teams in the world . Here's the following ;

1) Bangladesh
2) New Zealand
3) Australia
Hard to believe..lol
Old February 14, 2006, 06:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:

Now you agree as I have been telling it to you since yesterday . That would be another shocking defeat as Gillchrist mentioned "Good Luck Srilanka for the future series in Bangladesh" . Did Srilanka come back in this game ? Beating one or two games is not gonna help anymore unless you win in the finals and become the winner . Please don't compare any other teams with Australia . Ofcourse they won't win every single game but they will win the most as they are the world champs . You are talking about the supporters as they are very confiedent on their teams to win and when they don't then they get surprised and beahve badly but it's still acceptable , it's always been happenning in the sub - contienent .

Anyway was a good show for the Aussies to take that series into the 3rd final in last 8 years Good Luck in Bangladesh .

Australia beating Sri Lanka is not news but the reverse is. As, undoubtedly, the Aussies are the greatest team on earth at the moment. So Sri Lanka beating them twice, in Australia itself, within 30 days cannot be ignored.

There can be only one winner but you cannot run down the losers.

As for comparing teams with Australia, Sri Lanka did win the World Cup beating Australia in 1996. So we have the right to brush shoulders with the other top teams. (I am sure Bangladesh will be there too, in the very near future.)

As for behaviour, you cannot justify rowdy behaviour -including yours here- by any logic.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 11:49 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old February 14, 2006, 06:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Australia beating Sri Lanka is not news but the reverse is. As, undoubtedly, the Aussies are the greatest team on earth at the moment. So Sri Lanka beating them twice, in Australia itself, within 30 days cannot be ignored.

There can be only one winner but you cannot run down the losers.

You cannot justify rowdy behaviour -including yours here- by any logic.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 11:43 AM GMT, by abherath.
Anyway it's the history now but you guys should have trusted me yesterday when i was cheering for the Aussies and I have always been saying that would be another shocking defeat as we had it already winning by 9 wickets . I have been watching cricket since last 15 years now . So , i guess I do have some ideas about that game

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 11:53 AM GMT, by mahrookh.
Old February 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Anyway it's the history now but you guys should have trusted me yesterday when i was cheering for the Aussies and I have always been saying that would another shocking defeat as we had it already winning by 9 wickets . I have been watching cricket since last 15 years now . So , i guess I do have some ideas about that game
It is not a case of trusting or otherwise. You have to see how each game goes. Did you expect the Aussies to lose when they did ?

Also, you are not the only one having watched cricket for 15 years. There are a lot of others too out there. The most important thing is they generally know how to behave.
Old February 14, 2006, 07:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Anyway it's the history now but you guys should have trusted me yesterday when i was cheering for the Aussies and I have always been saying that would another shocking defeat as we had it already winning by 9 wickets . I have been watching cricket since last 15 years now . So , i guess I do have some ideas about that game
It is not a case of trusting or otherwise. You have to see how each game goes. Did you expect the Aussies to lose when they did ?

Also, you are not the only one having watched cricket for 15 years. There are a lot of others too out there. The most important thing is they generally know how to behave.
That's an issue but none of the team behaving good these days anyway . Didn't you see "Dilshan" hitting "Katich" today infront of Ponting and he was trying to get run out by hitting him with the ball . A good captain can't be quiet on this just watching it . Ofcourse we are not prepared when Aussies loosing to the others and that's why sometimes we behave badly caz we are depressed . Behaving is not important caz Australia and New Zealand are the most "Racist" country in the world . So , you must be clear now about the behaving issue . Win or loose , it's counted in a game , who cares about their behave anyway ?

You forgot the Semi Final between India vs Srilanka in the world cup at India about the behaving of the people there . It happens everywhere mostly in the sub - contienent too .
Old February 14, 2006, 07:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

That's an issue but none of the team behaving good these days anyway . Didn't you see "Dilshan" hitting "Katich" today infront of Ponting and he was trying to get run out by hitting him with the ball . A good captain can't be quiet on this just watching it . Ofcourse we are not prepared when Aussies loosing to the others and that's why sometimes we behave badly caz we are depressed . Behaving is not important caz Australia and New Zealand are the most "Racist" country in the world . So , you must be clear now about the behaving issue . Win or loose , it's counted in a game , who cares about their behave anyway ?

You forgot the Semi Final between India vs Srilanka in the world cup at India about the behaving of the people there . It happens everywhere mostly in the sub - contienent too .
Thanks for your reply.

Bad behaviour is bad, irrespective of who does it.

Cricket is a game for humans, not animals. That is why behaviour is important.

Anyway, this thread is going too far and we are taking up space that is to be used by Bangladeshi fans to discuss their cricket. So this is my last response on this. Thanks for all your responses too. Enjoy your cricket.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 12:10 PM GMT, by abherath.
Old February 14, 2006, 07:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bottom line is about the bad behaviour you mention as I got the perfect answer for you ;

Australia and New Zealand are the most "Racist" country in the world .

I don't think you have any confusion about that bad behaviour anymore and please don't talk about it anymore as we are all cleared about it and you can't expect better than this from a "Racist" country as usual .
Old February 14, 2006, 07:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Bottom line is about the bad behaviour you mention as I got the perfect answer for you ;

I don't think you have any confusion about that bad behaviour anymore and please don't talk about it anymore as we are all cleared about it and you can't expect better than this from a "Racist" country as usual .
OK mate, that does it.

Enjoy your cricket. Are you a Bangladeshi living in Australia ?
Old February 14, 2006, 07:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:

OK mate, that does it.

Enjoy your cricket. Are you a Bangladeshi living in Australia ?
No I am from New Zealand but now I am in Australia . Let me tell you true story about the racism of these countries . In few year back there's a black guy from Sudan been killed in new Zealand in the Beaches of Christchurch by so many people . The reson was as they didn't see any black people there before . It was probably at 1991 . So , now we all clear these countries are most racist in the world . Can't expect better than this .