facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2011, 01:20 PM
Street Cricketer

BDFlag An initiative to revive the Tigers' spirits!

Hello everyone!

I'd like to share with all of you a new initiative to help the Tigers - and the fans - recover from our recent defeat!

Facebook event: Support the Tigers - Join the Movement

"After the dismal performance against the West Indies the tigers are at an all time low. Show them your support and help them get back on their feet. Let them know that that you are still backing them, that you still believe in them.

"In the darkest moments, our doubts may grow,
But in the face of disaster, our characters must show"

The makers of the 'Bangladesh Cricket - Never Stop Believing' video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBD-xL_GR98) want to show the team that the fans will be with them through thick and thin, and hence this movement was initiated. For this movement to be successful we need all your support.

Leave your message for the tigers on the wall of this page and/or send us a picture (the address for emailing your pictures is bdcricket@maverickbd.com. Just write a message, hold it up and take a picture with your message!). We will compile all of your messages and pictures, and create a collage to present to the team before the next game.

We need your messages/pictures, and we need them ASAP! The England match is on Friday, the 11th, so start sending in your messages and pictures NOW. We'll start compiling them after 12pm on the 9th, get the whole thing printed that night and send it to Chittagong the next morning, which is Thursday, the 10th.

We encourage you to take your own initiative and spread this message among all your friends. Maybe you can set yourself a target of collecting, say, 50 messages/pictures from your friends and family? Take the challenge! And of course, NEVER STOP BELIEVING!"

We need as many messages from as many fans as possible! And that's why we need YOUR help, BanglaCricket! So please, send us a motivational/supportive picture message (see the event wall for an example from a fan in Montreal ). If you can't, then just post a message on the event wall. And if you don't use facebook, then just send that message to us at bdcricket@maverickbd.com!

This is an initiative by fans, for fans, and for the Tigers. So if you have ideas, or can help out in any way... that would just be fantastic!

Old March 7, 2011, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Great initiave Sidratt. I don't have FB; otherwise, I would.
Old March 7, 2011, 02:04 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Great initiave Sidratt. I don't have FB; otherwise, I would.
You could send a picture over to bdcricket@maverickbd.com! Or better yet, just post any message and/or pic in this thread! I think that would actually be better for all BanglaCricket forumers (no need to head over to fb)!

We'll compile the pictures and messages from all sources, so it's easier for you!
Old March 7, 2011, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good job.

but i think the biggest thing is psychological and if 20,000 passionate fans turn up at the ZACS on friday afternoon, that will be enough for the Tigers to start hunting again.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 7, 2011, 02:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I support the tiger but how do I attend from London,UK.
Old March 7, 2011, 02:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Good initiative but we need to revive the fan's spirit before the Tiger's spirit. For me, WC is not as exciting as it was at the beginning of the tournament. Just waiting for QF to start and watch some real & proper cricket played by some real & well deserved teams.

Good luck Bangladesh.
Old March 7, 2011, 02:45 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I support the tiger but how do I attend from London,UK.
There is no physical event, so you can "attend" from anywhere in the world!

Just write a motivational message on a piece of paper/poster/board... take a picture with your message... and upload it to the facebook event wall OR send it to bdcricket@maverickbd.com OR post it here on the thread!

If you can't send a picture, then just post a motivational/supportive message here on the board OR on the facebook event wall!

This is the kind of image that we are hoping for, but feel free to be creative:

Hope this was useful! And looking forward to receiving your message for the Tigers!

Last edited by sidratt; March 8, 2011 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: Replaced Imageshack link with Mediafire
Old March 7, 2011, 03:36 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Good initiative. However, not everyone in the team is at FB. It might help if the members attending the game could make a few placards with some nice phrases:

"Go Tigers Go!!! We are with you till the end."

"We still BELIEVE!!!"

Add more please...
Old March 7, 2011, 03:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Good initiative. However, not everyone in the team is at FB. It might help if the members attending the game could make a few placards with some nice phrases:

"Go Tigers Go!!! We are with you till the end."

"We still BELIEVE!!!"

Add more please...

The plan is to use these photos and messages to make a motivational collage, which we will print and have hand-delivered to the Bangladesh cricket team (in a sufficiently large size for them to be able to read the individual messages in the photos) before the England game, not during it.

In addition to that, we're working on another video for the team, and we're planning on incorporating these photos and messages in it. That video will also be shown to the team before the game.

But yes, placards of this sort are definitely a good idea!

Oh, and you don't have to be on FB to be involved in this initiative! Just post a motivational picture message for the team here in this thread, or email it to us at bdcricket@maverickbd.com. And if you don't have a camera around, then a simple supportive/motivational forum post (with your name) will suffice!

Last edited by sidratt; March 7, 2011 at 03:52 PM..
Old March 7, 2011, 11:02 PM
Street Cricketer

Just a glimpse into some of the messages that we've been getting from fans:

Rakibul Hassan
I will be with the tigers forever, even if they make zero in an innings! I love u tigers...and I believe in you!

Mir Omar Shaik Abir
Was...is...and will be with the tigers no matter what!!!

Ahteshamul Karim Shaon

These are just a few... there are dozens more! But we need a LOT more! So please, post your motivational pictures (preferably you with a handwritten note in the frame) here in this thread, or just post a supportive text message here in this thread.

Come on, guys, we could really use your help!

Last edited by sidratt; March 8, 2011 at 05:30 AM..
Old March 7, 2011, 11:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Not to sound cheesy, but was hoping to see a spoof of this. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKN_QyJPf7Y

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 8, 2011, 04:50 AM
Street Cricketer

Smile More fan messages!

Some of the messages that we've been receiving for the Tigers:

Masroor Hasan
One bad game??? Does not matter!!
Just go out there, give your all.
We are and will always be with you.

Asad Karim Khan Priyo
পাশে আছি, পাশে থাকব - পরাজয়ে, বিজয়ে।
Go Tigers Go: "বাঘের বাচ্চা এগিয়ে চল্‌, গুঁড়িয়ে দিয়ে অন্য দল"

Farzana Shams
you hav always made us proud!!!!!! pashe achi shobshomoy.....shobshomoy thakbo!!!!!!!....GO TIGERS.......!!!!!!!!!!

A mini-collage:

It's in OUR hands:

There are many more! But we need AS MANY AS POSSIBLE!!!

Come on guys! Is there anyone here who would be interested enough to shoot/gather/collect photos like these from among your own social circles? Any help would be really appreciated!

Last edited by sidratt; March 8, 2011 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: Replaced Imageshack links with Mediafire
Old March 8, 2011, 04:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

why cant i see the pix ?
Old March 8, 2011, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Imageshack is forcing users to register. See the source

Source(s):

http://guidesandstuff.com/imageshack...lem_issue.html

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 8, 2011, 05:25 AM
Street Cricketer

Oh no! I didn't realize imageshack had such issues.

I've changed the photo links. Can you guys see them now?
Old March 8, 2011, 11:01 AM
Street Cricketer

Hey everyone, it would be really great if you could send supportive photos and messages from overseas!

Here are some more examples of messages that fans have been sending in:

Almost 100 people have sent in photos, and many more have posted motivational messages! But we need AS MANY AS WE CAN GET!

So please, take up this initiative! Collect photos from your friends and family! Spread the message, join the movement, and let's all show the Tiger's that the fans are still behind them!
Old March 8, 2011, 08:24 PM
Street Cricketer

Default More photos!

Get involved! Send your motivational/supportive photos to bdcricket@maverickbd.com, or post it here or on the facebook event wall! We'll make sure the Tigers see it!
Old March 8, 2011, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidratt
Loved this one. We must learn to laugh. You guys should check out the FB page - there are some very nice (and from the heart) pictures there.
Old March 8, 2011, 09:55 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Loved this one. We must learn to laugh. You guys should check out the FB page - there are some very nice (and from the heart) pictures there.
While there, don't forget to write on the wall.
Old March 8, 2011, 11:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Forget What Happened, Be True Tigers and Win Next Three. Best of luck.
Old March 9, 2011, 12:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Hope you like it. Don't have to necessarily use it.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 9, 2011, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

^ Good job!
Old March 9, 2011, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidratt
Oh no! I didn't realize imageshack had such issues.

I've changed the photo links. Can you guys see them now?
Sidrartt, Due to time shortage I cannot write a letter to our team, I wanted to write a letter to encourage them. All I can do is to send you a letter which I wrote after the Ireland win. Here, I tried to show how much support are there for the Tigers, how we supported them during the Ireland game. There are emotions, passion for the team shown in my open letter.It's in bangla. Here it is:
প্রিয় সবাই,

আমি জানি যে আয়ারল্যান্ড ম্যাচ এর উত্তেজনা অনেকখানি কমে এসেছে, কিন্তু তারপর ও আমি যে কিছু না লিখে পারছিনা!লিখব লিখব ভাবছিলাম কিন্তু অনেক কারণেই লেখা হয়ে উঠেনি আমার।আয়ারল্যান্ড ম্যাচ এর আগের রাত্রে টিকেট পাবো ভেবেছিলাম (সৌজন্য টিকেট), কিন্তু হাতে পেলাম ম্যাচের ঘন্টাখানেক আগে, আর তারপর যা প্রত্যাক্ষ করলাম তা তো ইতিহাস!

এমনিতে আয়ারল্যান্ডকে হারানো খুব বড় আনন্দের উপলক্ষ হওয়ার কথা নয়, কিন্তু খাদের কিনারা থেকে উঠে এসে যেভাবে আমরা ম্যাচটা জিতেছি- সেটাই বড় পাওয়া।সম্ভাব্য মৃত্যুর হাত থেকে বেঁচে গেলে যেরকম আনন্দ হয়, ওই হারা ম্যাচ যেতার পর আমাদেরও সেরকম আনন্দ হচ্ছিল। ২০০ রান করার পর ওই উইকেটে ম্যাচ জেতার স্বপ্ন দেখা অসম্ভব ছিল, কিন্তু আমরা যে বাংলাদেশি! আমাদের রক্তের প্রতিটা বিন্দুতেই যে আছে সংগ্রামের এক অনন্য ইতিহাস!

খুব আশা ছিল ২৬ হাজার মানুষের সাথে এক সুরে গলা মিলিয়ে গাইব 'আমার সোনার বাংলা আমি তোমায় ভালবাসি', কিন্তু পারিনি কারণ আমি মাঠে যেতে দেরি করে ফেলেছিলাম, তারপরও আমরা বাইরে থেকেই সুর মিলিয়ে গাইছিলাম......

হোম অফ ক্রিকেট-এ আমরা প্রথমে ভাল করলেও ব্যাটিং মড়ক থেকে রেহাই পাইনি সেদিনও, আর যার ফল হলো আমাদের ২০৫ রানের মামুলি সংগ্রহ। যখন ব্যাটিং এ বিপর্যয় চলছিল তখন যে কি কষ্ট লাগছিল তা বলে বোঝানো যাবেনা ভাই! মনে হচ্ছিল এত দিনের এত স্বপ্ন, আশা, আকাংক্ষা- সব মনে হয় মিথ্যে হতে চলেছে! অবশেষে আয়ারল্যান্ডের কাছে আবারো মাথা নত করতে হচ্ছে।

নাহ...সেরকম কোনো কিছু হয়নি। আয়ারল্যান্ডের কয়েকটি উইকেট পতনের পরেই ২৫ হাজার দর্শক জেগে উঠেছিল, অবশ্য তারা গর্জন করছিল পুরো ম্যাচজুড়েই। ওইদিন যে কি অবিশ্বাস্য রকমের গর্জন করছিলাম আমরা তা বোঝানো যাবেনা। আমি অনেক খেলা দেখেছি, দর্শকদের জাগিয়ে তোলার জন্য অনেক কিছু করেছি অনেক দিন, পুরো স্ট্যান্ড নেতৃত্ব দেয়ার চেষ্টা করেছি। কিন্তু শুক্রবারের সাথে কোনো কিছুর তুলনা হয়না। ওইদিন আয়ারল্যান্ডের ষষ্ঠ উইকেট পড়ার পর থেকে যেভাবে আমরা সবাই মিলে '
উইকেট' 'উইকেট' বলে কোরাস তুলছিলাম, সেরকম কোরাস আমাদের দেশে আর হয়েছে কি না তাতে সুন্দেহ আছে। ভেবে দেখুন যখন ২৬ হাজার দর্শক একসাথে 'উইকেট' 'উইকেট' বলছিল তখন কি উজ্জীবিত-ই না হচ্ছিল আমাদের ছেলেরা, কি অদ্ভূত পরিবেশই না ছিল সেখানে! শেষ দিকে আমরা 'জিতব জিতব' বলে কোরাস দিচ্ছিলাম আর আসলেই আমরা জিতে গিয়েছিলাম।আমার মনে হয় আমরা দর্শকরাই আমদের দেশকে জিতিয়ে দিয়েছি সেদিন। যখন মনে হচ্ছিল যে আমরা হেরে যাচ্ছি তখন ই আমরা নিজেদের ইচ্ছার বিরুদ্ধেই কোরাস দিচ্ছিলাম 'জিতব' 'জিতব' বলে। মৃত্যুপথযাত্রী অসহায় মানুষ যখন চেঁচিয়ে উঠে 'না' বলে, আমদের কোরাসগুলো কিন্তু অনেকটা সেরকম ছিল। অনেকটা রাজনৈতিক মিছিলের মত!একেবারে হাত উচিয়ে...মুষ্টিবদ্ধ করে সমস্বরে বলছিলাম 'জিতব জিতব' - মনের অজান্তেই, যদিও মনে হচ্ছিল আমরা হেরে যাচ্ছি!

আসলে আমাদের বুকপাঁজরে অনেক বিষবাষ্প জমা হয়েছিল এই দলের কাছে পূর্বে পরাজয়ের কারণে, আর সেদিনের জয়ের ফলে এখন আমরা আমরা অনেকটা নির্ভার, আমরা স্বস্তির নিঃশ্বাস ফেলতে পারছি। বিশ্বাস করবেন কিনা জানিনা কিন্তু জয়ের পরে আমি আমার বুকে হাত দিয়ে বলেছিলাম- 'Relieved'.

ম্যাচ পরবর্তী সংবাদ সম্মেলনে সাকিব তো বলেই ফেললেন এরকম সমর্থন এর আগে বাংলাদেশ দল কখন-ই পায়নি। এবার যেন পুরো বাংলাদেশ দলের পেছনে আছে। ম্যাচ শেষে দর্শক সমর্থনের জবাব দিতে সাকিবসহ কয়েকজন তো ল্যাপ অফ অনার দিলেন।এরকম আবেগময় সময় খুব কম ই এসেছে আমাদের ক্রিকেটে।

আমার দায়িত্ব আমি পালন করার চেষ্টা করছি, তাই আসুন আমরা সবাই মিলে নিজের দেশের পতাকা ওড়াই, নিজের দলকে সমর্থন দেই।

জানিনা কি হবে এই বিশ্বকাপে, কিন্তু আমার কেন জানি মনে হচ্ছে বিশেষ কোনো একটা কিছু ঘটবে এবার। আমি কিন্তু গৌরবের গন্ধ পাচ্ছি!আপনারা কি পাচ্ছেন?

ইতি,
হাসান

পুনশ্চঃ আমার গলা বসে গেছে, অফিসে এসেছি কিন্তু কোনো কথা বলতে পারছিনা! আগামী ম্যাচ এর টিকেট পেলেও দেখা হবে বলে মনে হচ্ছেনা।

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old March 9, 2011, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Excellent effort!
Old March 9, 2011, 06:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I have always supported them regardless if they win or lose, but feels sadness when they lose badly.