facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 29, 2018, 12:23 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Asia Cup Bangladeshi Players Report Card

Liton Das= B

Played well against Afghanistan and I dont even need to mention yesterdays game. But other then that, he was disappointing. We desperately need a more consistent partner for Tamim and so far he has kept us and the selectors in a limbo. Hopefully he works on his consistency.

Shanto= F

I dont even think he shouldve been in the squad to begin with. Asia Cup is not a stage where you debut young players. I wouldve felt bad for him if he atleast tried to bat sensibly. His dismissals were ugly and mostly suicidal and it makes me question his understanding of the game. I hope you resets his brain and comes back well against Zimbabwe. He is too good of a player to be discarded.

Mithun= B

Hands on saved us in 2 games. Looked very positive and less nervy compared to his previous stint a few years ago. But he is not 20. He is pretty experienced in the domestic level so he wouldve done better to bat a little more sensibly. But I can sort of sympathize with him since he was brought in for a finisher role and ended up playing a top order all the way. He deserves more chance but the think tank shouldnt be nearly as patient with him as some others like Liton, Shanto, Soumya and so on.

Mominul Haque= F

Not his format and for his own good, he should stay away from it and focus on tests only. I understand he didnt get a lot of chance but he didnt even pass the eye test.

Mahmudullah= B

He was a dissapointment in general. WIth Tamim gone, he was expected to bat more responsibly and take charge but he failed for the most part. Played a great knock against Afghanistan but at his level, one game heroics arent good enough. The only reason I give him a decent score is because of his bowling. Even though his bowling has discarded for a while now, with Shakib gone, he filled the void very well with some consistent bowling. But I hope he works hard on his batting. Need to be able to switch gears and play according to the situation more often.

Mushy= A+

Even though he wasnt the most consistent either, but the two games he did perform, it was a one man show for the most part. Loved the way he took responsibility specially when he wasnt even fully fit after the first game. Hope he continues the work ethic as its rewarding him now.

Imrul C

I should be a little more modest as he was a late call up and barely had time to get used to the conditions. His first game was great and as an experienced player, it was expected that he would continue the effort. Unfortunately he failed afterwards. With Liton and Mithun performing better, it might be tough for him to retain a spot when Tamim comes back.

Soumya Sarker= C+

This guy still doesnt have his batting sorted. Its almost becoming unbearable to watch him bat like this. He had so much potential and probably our best fielder at the moment. But unless he sorts out his batting issue, there is no place for him in the squad. Should play next series though as dropping him after 2 games from a sudden call up would be unfair.

Nazmul Apu= C+

Had a great game against Afghanistan and then a poor one against India. I like his bowling as he is pretty consistent compared to the army of SLAs we have seen in past few years. But still, unless he can work himself into a wicket taker, there is not enough space for him in the current lineup.

Miraz= A-

Love the way Miraz is improving in shorter formats. I initially thought he will be a longer format player only but it seems like he is working on his ODI game. His bowling was economical and took crucial wickets. His batting is also improving which is a huge plus for us. Wont really count his bowling against India as its not easy opening the bowling on a pretty good batting pitch against batsmen like Rohit and Dhawan.

Rubel= A

Loved his bowling in every single game. He was never handed the new ball but was still very effective whenever he was brought in. He was quick, accurate, smart. I just wish he worked on his yorkers a bit more. Couldve been more effective if he was bowling more yorkers but his death bowling yesterday was very good.

Mustafiz=A+

He was a bowler the team relied on and he didnt fail on a single occasion. He troubled every opposition and bowled within his field setup. If he can keep up this form, he will trouble any batting lineup anywhere. As a fan, very relieved to see him regain his form. Hope he works on his pace a little bit as he is still very young and capable of bowling quicker.

Mash= A-

His captaincy was outstanding as usual. He doesnt really make a lot of mistakes as a skipper. His was bowling was very good. Specially with his age and the insane schedule, he still managed to bowl very well and picked up decent number of wickets. His intensity on the field at this age and fitness is admirable. I just wish he batted a little better.

Honorable mentions:

Tamim Iqbal= A+++++

I dont even need to say why. Everyone knows. I will never forget the moment I saw him walk out with a cut out glove. He trained very hard for this tournament and I wish he didnt get injured. His absence showed us again how badly we rely on him to make a decent start

Shakib Al Hasan= A+++++

This tournament changed my perception of this guy. Cant believe he played all those games with his injury. Like Tamim, his absence was felt when we had to replace him with a bowler and a batsman. He would've surely made a difference in the final. Hats off for his commitment

Old September 29, 2018, 12:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I've always stated Mushfiq-Tamim-Shakib-Mashrafee should be beyond criticism because of their supreme dedication to Bangladesh. And they should never be dropped for "poor form" etc. We are lucky to have witnessed them play, and luckier still it happened at the same time.

Riyad is probably also in this group but he's only irreplaceable in ODIs and perhaps in T20s.

Younger generation, Mustafiz and Miraz are getting into that cateogry as well. Hope more players join soon.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 29, 2018, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Lol,Imrul has a C whilst Sarkar has a C+
Old September 29, 2018, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Lol,Imrul has a C whilst Sarkar has a C+
Sarkars bowling against Pak was very useful
Old September 29, 2018, 06:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Abu Hider Rony is missing.
Old September 30, 2018, 12:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Ashraful is also missing...
Old September 30, 2018, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Liton Das= B

Shanto= F

Mithun= F

Mominul Haque= F

Mahmudullah= E

Mushy= A+

Imrul E

Soumya Sarker= F

Nazmul Apu= F

Miraz= A

Rubel= B

Mustafiz=B

Mash= B

Tamim Iqbal= A

Shakib Al Hasan= B
Old September 30, 2018, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Liton Das= B

Played well against Afghanistan and I dont even need to mention yesterdays game. But other then that, he was disappointing. We desperately need a more consistent partner for Tamim and so far he has kept us and the selectors in a limbo. Hopefully he works on his consistency.

Shanto= F

I dont even think he shouldve been in the squad to begin with. Asia Cup is not a stage where you debut young players. I wouldve felt bad for him if he atleast tried to bat sensibly. His dismissals were ugly and mostly suicidal and it makes me question his understanding of the game. I hope you resets his brain and comes back well against Zimbabwe. He is too good of a player to be discarded.

Mithun= B

Hands on saved us in 2 games. Looked very positive and less nervy compared to his previous stint a few years ago. But he is not 20. He is pretty experienced in the domestic level so he wouldve done better to bat a little more sensibly. But I can sort of sympathize with him since he was brought in for a finisher role and ended up playing a top order all the way. He deserves more chance but the think tank shouldnt be nearly as patient with him as some others like Liton, Shanto, Soumya and so on.

Mominul Haque= F

Not his format and for his own good, he should stay away from it and focus on tests only. I understand he didnt get a lot of chance but he didnt even pass the eye test.

Mahmudullah= B

He was a dissapointment in general. WIth Tamim gone, he was expected to bat more responsibly and take charge but he failed for the most part. Played a great knock against Afghanistan but at his level, one game heroics arent good enough. The only reason I give him a decent score is because of his bowling. Even though his bowling has discarded for a while now, with Shakib gone, he filled the void very well with some consistent bowling. But I hope he works hard on his batting. Need to be able to switch gears and play according to the situation more often.

Mushy= A+

Even though he wasnt the most consistent either, but the two games he did perform, it was a one man show for the most part. Loved the way he took responsibility specially when he wasnt even fully fit after the first game. Hope he continues the work ethic as its rewarding him now.

Imrul C

I should be a little more modest as he was a late call up and barely had time to get used to the conditions. His first game was great and as an experienced player, it was expected that he would continue the effort. Unfortunately he failed afterwards. With Liton and Mithun performing better, it might be tough for him to retain a spot when Tamim comes back.

Soumya Sarker= C+

This guy still doesnt have his batting sorted. Its almost becoming unbearable to watch him bat like this. He had so much potential and probably our best fielder at the moment. But unless he sorts out his batting issue, there is no place for him in the squad. Should play next series though as dropping him after 2 games from a sudden call up would be unfair.

Nazmul Apu= C+

Had a great game against Afghanistan and then a poor one against India. I like his bowling as he is pretty consistent compared to the army of SLAs we have seen in past few years. But still, unless he can work himself into a wicket taker, there is not enough space for him in the current lineup.

Miraz= A-

Love the way Miraz is improving in shorter formats. I initially thought he will be a longer format player only but it seems like he is working on his ODI game. His bowling was economical and took crucial wickets. His batting is also improving which is a huge plus for us. Wont really count his bowling against India as its not easy opening the bowling on a pretty good batting pitch against batsmen like Rohit and Dhawan.

Rubel= A

Loved his bowling in every single game. He was never handed the new ball but was still very effective whenever he was brought in. He was quick, accurate, smart. I just wish he worked on his yorkers a bit more. Couldve been more effective if he was bowling more yorkers but his death bowling yesterday was very good.

Mustafiz=A+

He was a bowler the team relied on and he didnt fail on a single occasion. He troubled every opposition and bowled within his field setup. If he can keep up this form, he will trouble any batting lineup anywhere. As a fan, very relieved to see him regain his form. Hope he works on his pace a little bit as he is still very young and capable of bowling quicker.

Mash= A-

His captaincy was outstanding as usual. He doesnt really make a lot of mistakes as a skipper. His was bowling was very good. Specially with his age and the insane schedule, he still managed to bowl very well and picked up decent number of wickets. His intensity on the field at this age and fitness is admirable. I just wish he batted a little better.

Honorable mentions:

Tamim Iqbal= A+++++

I dont even need to say why. Everyone knows. I will never forget the moment I saw him walk out with a cut out glove. He trained very hard for this tournament and I wish he didnt get injured. His absence showed us again how badly we rely on him to make a decent start

Shakib Al Hasan= A+++++

This tournament changed my perception of this guy. Cant believe he played all those games with his injury. Like Tamim, his absence was felt when we had to replace him with a bowler and a batsman. He would've surely made a difference in the final. Hats off for his commitment

great analysis. agree
Old September 30, 2018, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

rubel, mustafiz, miraz was superb besides senior 5
Old September 30, 2018, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

senior 5 + rubel, mustafiz,miraz, liton==9 settled

we just need 6 players to compete for remaining world cup squad