facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 7, 2014, 01:04 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
BDFlag Playing XI for the final Test

Shamsur has been kicked out from the team. Kayes is replacing him. However, I wouldn't pick Kayes to replace Shamsur in the XI. I'll chose Bijoy.

I guess we can drop SRK (who hasn't done anything), and give Shafiul a go. Will keep Rubel who bowled well in the 2nd test, and hopefully it will give him some confidence...

Hom saved his spot by scoring the 50 in the last innings, so he survives.

1) TIK
2) Bijoy
3) Mominul
4) Riyad
5) Shakib
6) Mushy
7) Hom
8) Shafiul
9) Taijul
10) Rubel
11) Jubair

Let go for the BanglaWash boys

Old November 7, 2014, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

I would not mind a draw in the last match, so I would pick an extra batsman at the cost of SRK. Also, it's time to try out all our options for top order, so I would give Marshall another chance.

So, my XI would be -

TIK
Kaedge
Marshall
Momin
Shak
Mushfiq
Riyad
Hom
Taijul
RBX
Jubair
Old November 7, 2014, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

I would also pick an extra batsman as we might need that batsman to save the game on the final day or in the 3rd innings. If Hom failed in this test we would have been in problem.

Tamim
Imrul
Anamul
Mominul
Shakib
Mushfique
Riad
Hom
Taijul
Rubel
Jubair
Old November 7, 2014, 02:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^ and ^^, after scoring 3 half centuries from #4 position, Riyad basically cemented that position and management won't push him to lower order again. But I agree with with adding a batsmen and only one seamer (Rubel) is okay.
Old November 7, 2014, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

If Anamul to be picked, he should not bat in the top order, but as the keeper-batsman for the lower order. In that case, Mushfiq should be the one-down, even if he keeps for part of the match (as opposed to giving up gloves for good atm).

Another thing to consider is - Imrul at best is a stop gap option. Should the selectors waste another match on him? It may be more worthwhile giving Marshall a try as an opener (he is technically sound enough for the role, don't know about mentality).

So, my alternative XI would be -

Tamim
Marshall
Mushfiq
Momin
Shakib
Riyad (may be unfair to demote him atm, but he is still not a better batsman than Momin or Shak, to bat ahead of them)
Hom
Anam
Taijul
Rubel
Jubair
Old November 7, 2014, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Riyad (no need to change his order)
Shakib
Mushy
Hom
Nasir (bring him back, I miss him )
Taijul
jubayer
Rubel
Old November 7, 2014, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Anamul coming in for Shamsur would be the only change for me. I don't agree with playing 1 pacer. Let's say Rubel struggles, who do we turn too then if we want a pacer bowling at them? Our attack would lack variety then. Shahadat had an off game last game but then one before that he did pretty well. So I would stick with the same bowling lineup
Old November 7, 2014, 03:36 PM
Banned

Wanted to see Shadman get a chance! Just to give him a feel of International Cricket. Also i hope Saqlain gets a chance! Rest taijul for the ODI (hopefully his picked) If Anamul gets a chance let him Bat down the order! he had enough chance at the top. than that means Imrul has to play as no-other opener in the starting XI. For a 3-0 Whitewash, Should have stayed with same team without dropping Shamsur even though he was given chances, should have stayed for the last match.
Old November 7, 2014, 03:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

shouldve put some new guys in for experiment.
Old November 7, 2014, 04:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Will Nasiruddin hojja play?
the thing is we need him back in form before the world cup, he scored two back to back fifties in India tour, so....

And I didn't see Hom's fifty, so how good was he? was it a solid fifty or a liquid one?

Kaedge in place of Shamsu for me, he can be good in home conditions.
Old November 7, 2014, 05:43 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

So we won the series... great! But seeing how we wont be winning any test next year (just look at our opponents), Going 3-0 is a must.

hoping Shafiul returns for this match. End of Shamsur but neither Imrul nor Anamul should be back to fill that gap. Unfortunately Hom survives. That was a much needed 50 and he deserves to get last chance. Again, liked bits of Jubair but against a decent decide, he will get squashed. He needs to play more FC matches and couple of A tours before he can be trusted with the responsibility. Zim looks pretty comfy against him anyways. I dont understand why Saqlain is not considered. If you can include 2 seamers who are almost always useless, why cant you include a third SLA where the chance of success is much higher? Cant they see even after playing Taijul and Shakib for over 60-70 overs each, the Zim batsmen are simply not getting any better? Anyways i guess this would be the last match for Jubair unless he can show a significant improvement in his line and length consistency.

My squad

Tamim
Marshal
Mominul
Riyad
Mushy
Shakib
Hom
Taijul
Shafiul
Rubel
Jubair
Old November 7, 2014, 08:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Shamsur (w.k.c.v.c) , The Tamim, The Shakib, 4. The Mahmudullah 5. The Rubel 6. The Mushy 7. The Anamul 8. Taijul 9. [drop Jubair unfortunately] Al-Amin 10. Mominul 11. The Nasir
Old November 7, 2014, 08:07 PM
Banned

Nasiruddin now has absolutely no chance of coming back. Royad has taken his place and done very well.
Old November 7, 2014, 08:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Anamul coming in for Shamsur would be the only change for me. I don't agree with playing 1 pacer. Let's say Rubel struggles, who do we turn too then if we want a pacer bowling at them? Our attack would lack variety then. Shahadat had an off game last game but then one before that he did pretty well. So I would stick with the same bowling lineup
Agree, we need a 2nd pacer or even a slow medium pacer like Shujon..., if we had one. What if the pitch doesn't behave the way we expected and we still need to play 5 days.
Old November 7, 2014, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Without Nasir and Gazi, we hae a very long tail.

The team should have been unchanged. Imrul from Shamsu is like replacing one walking wicket with another. At least Shamsu is a semi-decent close-in fielder.
Old November 7, 2014, 10:15 PM
Test Cricketer

1. Tamim
2. Marshall
3. Mominul
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiq
7. Hom
8. Taijul
9. Shafiul
10. Rubel
11. Jubair

Alternatively, open with Anamul and replace Hom with Marshall, but I prefer the above. Marshall should play IMO.

I wouldn't move Riyad from 4 as he finally started producing playing in that spot, and he always looked like a top-order batsman, and this batting order has also been clicking. But soon, we may need to move Mushfiq up the order in both Test and ODIs.
Old November 8, 2014, 02:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

The lineup I'd like to see:

Tamim
Shadman
Mushfiq *
Mominul
Shakib
Riyad
Anamul +
Shafiul
Shahadat
Taijul
Jubair

What we'll likely see:

Tamim
Imrul
Momin
Riyad
Shakib
Mushy * +
Hom
Taijul
Shahadat
Rubel
Jubair

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 8, 2014, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

I think the two changes will be Imrul in place of shamshur and shafiul in place of shahadat...
Old November 8, 2014, 04:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Soumya where is he? Him and Shadman should be groomed, need to fill the opner slot for good like Mominul did to number #3. Plus soumyas medium pace could be a handy. Getting sick and tired of garbage recycling.
Old November 8, 2014, 05:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

obvious exclusion Samsu and Shahdat (why wasn't he allowed to bowl enough int he second Test?). Anamul/Imrul - both equally bad, so i don't care who. An extra batsman really depends on the pitch selection. No point in adding an extra batsman if its bowler friendly.
Old November 8, 2014, 05:34 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I wouldn't put Anamul for opening in this test. His footwork is not suited for a test opening position so it will do more harm than good in the long run. I would choose Robiul over Shahadat and Kayes in place of Shamsur. Anamul could be tried in place of Hom only if Mushy decides to bat in the top 4.
Old November 8, 2014, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I would love to see Ayub play but looks like he is not going to be selected for the opening spot.

Tamim
Ayub
Mominul
Riad
Mushfiq
Shakib
Anamul(wk)
Hom
Taijul
Rubel
Jubair

I think this is the best possible team available atm so lets go ahead with this, but I don't think Hom will be dropped after his 50 which though was very important for the team's cause when 3 quick wickets felt, should not be a big matter. He played 4 innings, and scored like 75 runs.
Old November 8, 2014, 08:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
If Anamul to be picked, he should not bat in the top order, but as the keeper-batsman for the lower order. In that case, Mushfiq should be the one-down, even if he keeps for part of the match (as opposed to giving up gloves for good atm)....
The problem is 1) Mushi's form. up and down. Mostly down. Pushing him up now may be detrimental for the team.
2) He would not give up glove work easily. He will fight tooth and nails. Unless Coach and admin becomes strict on this; this is not happening. He is blind as a bat. He can't see the big picture or can't think outside the box. He is more concerned about his position even if he is the captain for now. The rightful captain for BD is Shakib and he knows that.
Old November 8, 2014, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The problem is 1) Mushi's form. up and down. Mostly down. Pushing him up now may be detrimental for the team.
2) He would not give up glove work easily. He will fight tooth and nails. Unless Coach and admin becomes strict on this; this is not happening. He is blind as a bat. He can't see the big picture or can't think outside the box. He is more concerned about his position even if he is the captain for now. The rightful captain for BD is Shakib and he knows that.
One off Test is enough to be labelled out of form? Yes he missed out on a flat track where everyone cashed in but you only have to go as far back as the last Test in which he saved BD's *** when all these FTB superstars where nowhere to be seen and got shown up by Taijul. Mushfiq is still BD's best bat.

No reason why Mushfiq has to play out of position to accommodate Anamul who, as a natural top-order batsman, has been a failure in international cricket so far barring a few innings in ODIs.
Old November 8, 2014, 10:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I'm happy Shakib and Tamim found form with the bat again after a long time but hope they can keep it up in Chittagong where it will be more challenging to score runs. I was not at all satisfied with their performance in Dhaka, especially with the approach they took. Little bit of assistance for the bowlers and they act like they have never held a bat in their life. ZACS is notorious for making life difficult for our batsmen in the past. Mushfiq and Mominul are the only ones who have been successful at this ground. Mushfiq is the highest run-scorer at ZACS while two of Mominul's three centuries came here. Tamim, on the other hand, only averages 25 in his home ground.