facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
Test Cricketer

My recommendation is Mr. Mashrafee. The guy has great attitude, good cricket sense and capability to perform in a consistent manner.

Old April 12, 2007, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Yeah, Rafiq may not be long term solution, but considering the current situation (Bashar's pathetic captaincy and not suitable alternative), we can try Rafiq out as a captain.
Old April 12, 2007, 04:42 PM
BC Editorial Team

For those of you in management, you'd know the difference between super star indvidual contributor and leadership material candidates. Rafique is the former.

As myself only: I have to conclude that those who are espousing Rafique as skipper have
a) Not played extensive organized cricket and/or
b) Have not had senior management responsibilities in a professional environment and/or
c) Follow the Tigers with all their heart and not one iota of dispassionate, cold logic. Kinda like the player himself

Why Rafique is not suitable for captaincy has been argued to deat in the almost 4 years I've been around this forum. Do a search for Rafique captain ...
Old April 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Rafique is a brilliant, experienced cricketer who unforunately is only slightly more mature mentally than Tamim.
Old April 12, 2007, 04:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bhai, I like Rafiq.
or career e kolonko ki na dilei na?
Old April 12, 2007, 05:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
As myself only: I have to conclude that those who are espousing Rafique as skipper have
a) Not played extensive organized cricket and/or
b) Have not had senior management responsibilities in a professional environment and/or
c) Follow the Tigers with all their heart and not one iota of dispassionate, cold logic. Kinda like the player himself
Does that mean Tiger Bhaiya a) Never played organized cricket and/or b) Have not had senior management responsibilities in a professional environment and/or c) Logic Bihin ? In a one sentence, are you saying Tiger Bhaiya is a 'Bhua' ?

btw what does "As myself only" means? Does it mean you already acknowledging that except for yourself, no one will agree with you? Or, you have dual personality.
Old April 12, 2007, 08:20 PM
BC Editorial Team

"As myself" means that I'm espousing opinions that are strictly mine and does not represent an official position of BanglaCricket. It's a disclaimer that hopefully will prevent anyone thinking "... gee if this is what BC represents ... then ..."
Old April 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

I suppose even if captaincy is offered..Rafique wont take it.. everyone knows whats good for them.
Old April 12, 2007, 09:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Rafique would want to leave on a high note. He is doing good as a bowler. I doubt he will risk his reputation by being captain at this point in time of his career.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; April 12, 2007 at 09:50 PM..
Old April 12, 2007, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

English speaking ability is not a big deal here. Question is how long Rafique can continue. He is getting old so I don't think he is the best option.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 12, 2007, 11:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

how about Ashraful? hes most experienced....plus he has captained in domestic cricket.....

Last edited by Murad; April 12, 2007 at 11:42 PM..
Old April 13, 2007, 12:39 AM
Test Cricketer

I'm not sure what his captaincy record is like, but if the level of maturity, temperment and tacitcal nouse Ashraful has shown at the crease over the years is any sort of guide, he'll be a terrible captain for Bangladesh.
Old April 13, 2007, 05:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritro
I'm not sure what his captaincy record is like, but if the level of maturity, temperment and tacitcal nouse Ashraful has shown at the crease over the years is any sort of guide, he'll be a terrible captain for Bangladesh.
He wins alot, but i thought he did very good job as Sonagron Captain this past season and he has temper problem ala ponting, he was mad at Juniad for getting his prince treatment during the 20/20 game and lost some of his Match Fee for the outburst. But the question would be could he bring that same flare to international cricket. In the Domestic side Ashraful is the big dog most decorated cricket Nat'l hero etc. But in international cricket were the M word so if could bring that same passion then I wouldn't mind giving Ash a chance
Old April 13, 2007, 03:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Yes, RAFIQUE for our new Captain.

Retire korbey ken? Bhaloi to kheltesey. Chaliye jak.