facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur be stripped of captaincy?
Yes 61 42.07%
No 71 48.97%
Don't know 13 8.97%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26, 2014, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Zia to be the next captaan of bd and momin for vc

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Old March 26, 2014, 02:39 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFan07
This proves that there was a specific reason for not including Zia earlier in the team. Mushy was not included because for whatever reason Mushy does not like him. Sending him to bowl in the penultimate over is another ploy of Mushy to ruin his statistic and to announce to everybody that."You see, this is why I did not want Zia in the team to begin with". I could not believe that Mushy can go down this low. But bringing a player to the team and then asking him to bowl for only one over and that also at the most difficult time of the death overs clearly shows how vindictive a person he can be. He should be stripped of his captaincy just for this reason alone. I used to like Mushy very much in the early days of his captaincy but he proved himself to be the worst thing that Bangladesh has in its team right now. He should also be removed from the wicket keeping role. Let somebody else, like Anamul take that role for some period of time and I think they will be better at it. I think that the team is suffering because the morale of the team is low due to the dirty politics in the team and all of it stems from Mushfiqur Rahman.
I hope that we are wrong in reaching this conclusion, but if it looks like a duck...
Old March 26, 2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
He came to yesterdays match with pre planned tactics. I ll give both Masrhafee and Al Amin a go with the new ball. I wont bring in a spinner with the new ball. A pacer must start. Will remove Al Amin after one every (Even if he has a good over), bring him back on the 6th (Which he has done in all previous matches). He probably thought he would use Shakib in the last phase, but by that time the damage was already done. He also knew he wouldnt give Zia a go, and brought him on at the end of save his face, and probably though Zia would get whacked and justify Mushfiqs dislike for him. Decision to bring on Sabbir was extremely odd, so was finishing off two bowlers quota within first ten. He wasnt even willing to give Mominul a go, who is pretty handy with wicket to wicket spin. I recall Manjrekar pointing out our unwillingness to bowl SLA's against left handed batsmen, and off spinners against right handed batsmen. Sth Mohammad Isam has drilled in his cricinfo articles of late.

Absolutely no imagination whatsoever!

I ve always backed Mushfiq. And i ve always maintaned what more can he do if players dont listen. But these couple of months have really revealed his weakness and his inability to lead.

He cannot motivate or get the best out of his players. And then poor tactics. If the art of war is right, even an average team can challenge a mightier one. But unfortunately i dont see any art in our war. Just run into the open field with swords and shields. Come what may!
Good captaincy matters a lot. Remember what Pataudi, Ganguly, Imran, Benaud, and other great captains did. At this time, returning captaincy to Shakib might be the only option left.

I am totally pissed off at his giving the ball to Zia in the 19th over. That was dirty!
Old March 26, 2014, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Regardless of who captains the team, i doubt that it will make a massive difference. Pola gula catch dhorte pare na, bowling line and length korte pare na, batting o pare na, captain er dosh ki? If you ask me, the captain has been working very hard on his batting and it showed during the last couple of months. The rest needs to do the same. Even if Dhoni was our captain, the team would still loose regularly with incompetent guys like these.
Old March 26, 2014, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Regardless of who captains the team, i doubt that it will make a massive difference. Pola gula catch dhorte pare na, bowling line and length korte pare na, batting o pare na, captain er dosh ki? If you ask me, the captain has been working very hard on his batting and it showed during the last couple of months. The rest needs to do the same. Even if Dhoni was our captain, the team would still loose regularly with incompetent guys like these.
Yes - but I personally did not blame captain for the sorry state, but there are bad decisions he makes; but when I said he will resign - it is because whatever he is trying to do/or not trying to do - is not working with this team. Maybe he has come to the end of his tether and it would be better if someone carried the ball - or the lack thereof. Be it discipline or a unified coup - d'etat - so be it. He should step down. Atleast for the nation's sake there is one less variable. He is a good batsman - foster that.

If it so happens if he was the problem - fine team improved.
If it so happens that he was not the problem and the team did not improve - fine one variable down.

But if he decides that he cannot let go of the helm with the team in a tempest - then let us reassess. That would be noble - but I do not think that will unearth the fundamental problem(s).

Last edited by zsayeed; March 26, 2014 at 05:53 PM..
Old March 27, 2014, 03:49 AM
Administrator

I think we need a new edition to this book I published in 2009.

Old March 27, 2014, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I tend to disagree with this. With the right field placing and bowling changes, we could have won at least 2 of the matches against Srilanka, against Pakistan when we made 320+ as well as the matches against Afghanistan and HK.
Loosing close matches has made the players low in self confidence resulting in poor fielding.
Old March 27, 2014, 06:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
What happened against Srilanka in two T20's Mash captained tells me a different story, although Mash cannot be a captain now as we need someone long term, well that is only for T20.
Old March 28, 2014, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

No matter how many mistakes we see from Mushfiq, how can he be sacked when the next best candidate has been so irresponsible of late. His dismissal today and against West Indies shows his lack of care.
Old March 28, 2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
No matter how many mistakes we see from Mushfiq, how can he be sacked when the next best candidate has been so irresponsible of late. His dismissal today and against West Indies shows his lack of care.
Shakib has not been playing well lately. Almost all of it is due to shot selection.
Old March 28, 2014, 06:58 PM
Banned

" Mushfiqur has made it clear that he won't be leaving the job of captain. "No one wants to leave the captaincy at a bad time, leaving your responsibility," he said. "I enjoy captaincy, it is a big honour. If we do well, nobody thinks of us. But when we do badly, you have to work and come back to good form. The change is up to the administrators. "

How the times have changed. The Mushy who wanted to quit after having a whitewash in Zimboland , now doesn't want to leave after getting beaten by associates like Afghans and Hong Kong!
Old March 28, 2014, 07:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i just find it strange that he works so hard as a batsman to improve but doesn't with the captaincy. is he that inept in captaincy, does he just not have the drive to work as hard on his captaincy or does he actually think he's a decent captain therefore doesn't really do much to improve on it? maybe he's blaming his ineptitude as a captain on the players not performing rather than doing any real work to research and do homework to improve his own captaincy skills.
Old March 28, 2014, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

The problem is not with the selectors or the captain. We need a proper COACH who can guide Mushfique better and come up with better tactics. Shane Jurgensen is not good enough to be the head coach. I cant understand why don't we have a international class head coach for the last 1-2 years!
Old March 28, 2014, 09:04 PM
Banned

http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20...fiqur-rahim-pc

Post match interview with Mushy.
I recommend everyone to watch it as lot of deshi reporters grilled him in Bangla
Old March 28, 2014, 09:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
The problem is not with the selectors or the captain. We need a proper COACH who can guide Mushfique better and come up with better tactics. Shane Jurgensen is not good enough to be the head coach. I cant understand why don't we have a international class head coach for the last 1-2 years!
i've been saying this before, a coach will make all the difference in this team but bcb wont bring one in.
Old March 28, 2014, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20...fiqur-rahim-pc

Post match interview with Mushy.
I recommend everyone to watch it as lot of deshi reporters grilled him in Bangla
I saw the news conference. I do not think we have a substitute for Mushy; if you ahve one name it
Old March 28, 2014, 11:29 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

As I said in the match thread, I like Mushfiq as a player, I really do. And I know he is sincere with all his efforts. I personally think rather than facile changes some structural changes need to be made. I do not want to be India or SA or Aus. But in ICC tourneys in Sub Conti why can't we punch above our weight much like NZ or Zimbabwe of the late 90's.

By structural changes I mean change in the manner of approaching games. Change in the way individual and team goals are set. We definitely need a better coach (After the kind of bowling changes Mushy made against WI did Jurgen have a chat with him? Was it pre-planned? Was there a plan B and C? Do all our players exactly know what their roles are in the team across formats?)

Why do we see all our top 4 trying to bat the same way. All other top teams have their top 4 and they have a certain role in the team look at Kohli and look at Raina, look at the difference with which they approach the innings it is clear that they have set roles in their team, look at Amla or ABDV. Do we have set expectations? Do we set a goal/series (basic things like asking a bowler to make sure his eco rate is around 6 and the other bowler to just think of wickets and not runs, ala Ashwin and Mishra)

Chopping and changing never works, the greatest teams had the most consistency. You have to have a core and that core stays same for at least a decade, that is how teams are formed anywhere.

Fellow fans should we not be a little more thinking in our arguments that we make rather than wanting to drop and replace x,y,z after every game.
Old March 29, 2014, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I liked his answers... Really did! he had satisfactory answers for almost every question although i would have liked to see someone ask questions about his captaincy more specifically.

I liked how he said, its upto the openers and him and Shakib so the top 4 to score runs and not rely on the middle order. In a T20, it is very difficult to recover from early losses if you dont have some explosives like Dhoni or Sammy or Faulker waiting.

Our top order needs to be rearranged. Tamim has to be rested.. Bring in Mominul for opening with Anamul. Mominul is a technically capable batsman for opening the innings and I believe his steady scoring rate will help. play Riyad at no.3 and see if he can find some consistency. Than bring out Mushy and THAN shamsur. He likes to slog, bring him for slogging. I have seen him for BPL and I think he can hit pretty well. Than bring him Shakib whose role should be the same as Dhoni... if wickets are there, bring him early... if not keep him for late. than you can bring in whoever you want...
Old March 29, 2014, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Little seemingly trivial things can reflect a lot.

While the crowd passionately sang the national anthem, and the young children who walked with the players also joined in, several players had an indifferent attitude. While most sang with respect, some actually kept mum as if the whole thing is trivial. Shakib was one of them. Now most will think this is no big deal, by just looking at how the players line up one can easily say how divided the team is, and how they are all aligned in different directions. His dismissals against India and West Indies show irresponsibility and total lack of care. As if someone doesnt want to learn from mistake. Such an individual should be never given the helm of the team.

Because we have no proper alternative, Mushfiq should continue. But we might have a very good future captain in Anamul Haque-maybe in 3-4 years. Love his attitude, how well he speaks, how he tries to spur others on. His batting has also improved quite a bit.
Old March 29, 2014, 10:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I liked his answers... Really did! he had satisfactory answers for almost every question although i would have liked to see someone ask questions about his captaincy more specifically.

I liked how he said, its upto the openers and him and Shakib so the top 4 to score runs and not rely on the middle order. In a T20, it is very difficult to recover from early losses if you dont have some explosives like Dhoni or Sammy or Faulker waiting.

Our top order needs to be rearranged. Tamim has to be rested.. Bring in Mominul for opening with Anamul. Mominul is a technically capable batsman for opening the innings and I believe his steady scoring rate will help. play Riyad at no.3 and see if he can find some consistency. Than bring out Mushy and THAN shamsur. He likes to slog, bring him for slogging. I have seen him for BPL and I think he can hit pretty well. Than bring him Shakib whose role should be the same as Dhoni... if wickets are there, bring him early... if not keep him for late. than you can bring in whoever you want...
I like your idea of reshuffling batters, however isn't it true that placement of batters in the batting order have to meet their natural game to some extent? For instance how can you place M-Ullah where he never played or even with all his consistency with run rate how good Mominul would be as an opener. I observed that Tamim, Shamsur, Anamul, or even Shakib do not adjust them role or switch to plan B when wickets start falling and when they have to build partnership at the expense of run rate. In T20 a couple of good overs in which batters hit 4's and 6's can change the game. So the solution is do not give up your wickets, be it in the PP overs
Old March 30, 2014, 08:34 AM

Everyone here knows that Mash is not a good death bowler. He yielded 23 in 2 overs already in early overs. Still, the Genius skipper brings him for the 16th over. Mash yields 16. Mushfiqur brings him back for the 19th over. Predictably, Mash goes for 24. If this is not enough for dismissal, I don't know what is.

I rest my case, your honor!
Old March 30, 2014, 08:39 AM

When Mash was having issues, Zia could have been tried. But, he was held back until late. What does Mushfiqur have against Zia?
Old March 30, 2014, 08:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Can't BCB organise short overseas trips for captain and potential captains to be trained in leadership and other aspects of captaincy? May be a stint in county cricket or other prestigious leagues?
Old March 30, 2014, 08:53 AM
Test Cricketer

More than a captaincy issue with the team now. Just changing the captain will not do much.
Management, players, specialist coach are the point of failure and improvement.
Old March 31, 2014, 10:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

voting to besh jome uthce ........ amar to captain hote icha kortese ...... hoito proti khelay 11 te naime duck marbo, hoito sob catch miss korbo, onek tun dewar bhoye bowling o korbo na, but still field set ar bowling change ta hoito bhalo korte parbo