facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 30, 2013, 02:04 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Well, if you need three deadlines to get 25% of the money then think about the remaining...!

Old January 30, 2013, 02:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Is there anyone in this forum who weren't expecting another money dispute coming?!
We all knew such will happen, and I knew the first one to voice out will be most likely a Pakistani one. Well, they aint here this time arround. btw Owais Shah is a Pakistani born Brit, nuf said.

This reminds me at BPL1, Pakistani players were very high vocal to create dispute, exposer and were in front line to poop paint face of BPL, BCB & Bangladesh everywhere, although they were first to be cleared. For any reason, they were feeling insecure about these money issues more than anyone else. Here BPL2 still running against Pakistan's will & agenda. Things like these are very much expected which is already warned by FICA & ECB. This is Bangladesh, just bear it.
Old January 30, 2013, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^^ Pak agenda and Owais Shah being a Pakistani born Brit is totally irrelevant for this payment issue. Kisher moddhe ki.
Old January 30, 2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Well, if you need three deadlines to get 25% of the money then think about the rest!
r_s bhai, I am not advocating for BCB here. It is a shame that they didn't learn anything from the 1st BPL. We all know that many players and coaches including Ian weren't paid on time.

What I have expected from Isam bhai is that he would help BCB to become a professional institution by making timely and constructive criticism.

Anyway, I am sorry for my crap comments and limitations.
Old January 30, 2013, 02:27 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
r_s bhai, I am not advocating for BCB here. It is a shame that they didn't learn anything from the 1st BPL. We all know that many players and coaches including Ian weren't paid on time.

What I have expected from Isam bhai is that he would help BCB to become a professional institution by making timely and constructive criticism.
KP bhai, I don't care about Cricinfo, Isam, IPL, Pakistan issues. All are meaningless to me. The franchisees were supposed to pay 25% of the player's payment after the auctions. This is the only thing matters to me. When you fail to do so, you should not be allowed to participate in the BPL.

Old January 30, 2013, 02:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^^ Pak agenda and Owais Shah being a Pakistani born Brit is totally irrelevant for this payment issue. Kisher moddhe ki.
What I'm implying no need to get over-board to bash BCB, for a reason that we knew will happen. Story has just started for 25%, yet 75% is left there.
So who was that you were expecting to be the first one to be vocal against these payment dramas?! Shakib, Mushfiq?
Old January 30, 2013, 02:30 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
So who was that you were expecting to be the first one to be vocal against these payment dramas?! Shakib, Mushfiq?
Haven't received initial BPL fee - Shakib
Mohammad Isam
January 14, 2013

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/600856.html

Old January 30, 2013, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Lets see what happens today. BCB should sack themselves and also terminate the contracts with the franchises if they can't pay.

Quote:
“We will definitely scrap the ownership if any franchise fails to fulfil all the commitments,” said Mallick.
ar koto shunbo erokom kotha?
Old January 30, 2013, 02:48 PM
Banned

Anyone realise what meaningless Game on Sports is doing? All I hear so far Is BCB, BPL etc. I don't hear anyone say How Crap Game on Sports is! they bloody don't have any guts to show two fingers to the franchise owners after giving them so much chance's. I think we all know if this was the management group of IPL majority of the franchise would have been terminated long time ego, All the crap parties are similar be it Game on Sports, BCB, BPL committee, all have rubbish brains, three in one.
Old January 30, 2013, 02:49 PM
Club Cricketer

I thought Isam is a pakistani untill I knew from this forum. bpl is a success. so many spectators are watching. some people may be missing pakistani players.
Old January 30, 2013, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Why bcb didnt take time to write proper constitutions for bpl, confirm all payment issue and then arrange a big league like this. Why they cant follow ipl?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur86
I thought Isam is a pakistani untill I knew from this forum. bpl is a success. so many spectators are watching. some people may be missing pakistani players.
I urge you without knowing not to label anyone Pakistani. I think Isam has already got lot of bashing in the last few weeks just because he states the truth in ESPN Cricinfo. He has done enough for Bangladesh and we should thank him, we are lucky that he has not been reporting everything on day by day basis on cricinfo otherwise
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Haven't received initial BPL fee - Shakib
Mohammad Isam
January 14, 2013

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/600856.html
I know about that chief, but thats news before league started. Besides he didn't talk for him only. Since Shakib is silent and no follow up news came from Moha Isam, its assumable that he is paid enough. Here O Shah havnt got any, and thats why this issue. Do you think, this threat to not play next match will guarantee his left due to be cleared in time?!

Last edited by cricheart; January 30, 2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old January 30, 2013, 02:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Oh please cover the stories, nothing has happened. Just deny everything.
Old January 30, 2013, 03:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Hamlafan, you know very little about the management of ipl. they also had pending payments. when money is involved delay is inevitable not only in bpl also in ipl.
Old January 30, 2013, 03:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BPL/BCB not paying players on time has nothing to do with IPL or any other organisation
Old January 30, 2013, 03:23 PM

সেলিম - তাঁর দাবি, ক্রিকেটারদের চুক্তিপত্র তাঁরা বোর্ডকে আগেই দিয়েছেন (একবার বলেছেন তিনবার দিয়েছি, আরেকবার বলেছেন পাঁচবার)। কিন্তু এই দাবিকে সর্বৈব মিথ্যা বলে উড়িয়ে দিলেন বিপিএল সদস্যসচিব, ‘তারা শুধু দেশি ক্রিকেটারদের চুক্তিপত্র দিয়েছে, বিদেশিদের দেয়নি। ওদের বলার পর অকথ্য ভাষায় গালাগাল শুরু করল। পরে আমরা আরও ঘাঁটাঘাঁটি করে তাদের ম্যানেজারের সঙ্গে কথা বলে জানলাম যে আসলেই বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের চুক্তিপত্র দেয়নি। তাঁকে আবার জানানোর পর তিনি তাঁর ম্যানেজারকে গালাগাল শুরু করলেন। শেষে কাল (পরশু) ১১টার সময় আমাকে অ্যাগ্রিমেন্ট এনে দিল। ওই লোক পুরোপুরি মিথ্যে কথা বলছেন। বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের অ্যাগ্রিমেন্ট ছাড়া এক টাকাও বিদেশে পাঠানো যায় না, বাংলাদেশ ব্যাংক অনুমতি দেয় না। তিনি নাকি পাঁচবার চুক্তিপত্রের কপি দিয়েছেন, একটা কপি দেখাতে বলেন না! তাহলেই বোঝা যাবে কে মিথ্যে বলছে।’
প্রায় ৪০ মিনিটের আলোচনায় বারবারই বিসিবিকে অপেশাদার, অদক্ষ বলেছেন সেলিম, প্রশ্ন তুলেছেন এত বড় টুর্নামেন্ট আয়োজনের সামর্থ্য নিয়ে। তবে গতবার ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি সময়মতো টাকা না দেওয়াতেই আজ এই অবস্থা, সেই প্রসঙ্গ এড়িয়ে যেতে চাইলেন সেলিম, ’বাসি ব্যাপারগুলো আর না টানাই ভালো।’
বিসিবি অবশ্য এই হম্বিতম্বিকে সহজভাবে নিচ্ছে না। মল্লিক শোনালেন সতর্কবাণী, ‘পরিষ্কার বলে দিচ্ছি, তিনি বা কোনো ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি যদি টাকা না দেয়, তাহলে আমরা একবার-দুবার সময় দেব। তিনবারেও যদি না দেয়, তাহলে স্ক্র্যাচ করে দেব। বিসিবি তখনই টাকা দেবে, যখন অন্য কেউ দিতে ব্যর্থ হবে। বিসিবিই যদি টাকা দিয়ে দেয়, তাঁরা দেবেন না, এটা কিছু হলো! ঢাকায় ফিরলে সব ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজিকে আমরা সময় বেঁধে দেব, যদি টাকা না দেয়, কারও কোনো ছাড় নেই। মালিকানা কেড়ে নেব। সেটা এমনকি টুর্নামেন্ট চলার সময়ও হতে পারে।’
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...31/news/325457
Old January 30, 2013, 04:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I am questing the timing of the report here. The deadline (whatever it is 3rd or 30th) is 31st January. Why do you report today?
The report is out today because everyone knows about it now. BCB themselves had to send out a media release. If BCB themselves came out and said there are payment issues, what's so wrong if Isam/Cricinfo reports it? Isam is not trying to start anything. He is just doing his job. Cricinfo is a big deal in the cricket community, it's their job to report latest news. When someone opened that thread in Bangla Cricket section saying BD/Zim has to play in the qualifier for 2014 WC, how many of us said how come there is no report about this in Cricinfo? Because we know it's some what reliable. People outside of BD will turn to Cricinfo to read BPL news, that's why it's there.

KP bhai you are making it sound like only Cricinfo is reporting this. There were reports out from BD newspapers about this yesterday long before Isam/Cricinfo posted this.
Old January 30, 2013, 04:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

payment issues are always manageable when u have the money.
DG certainly have the money to pay 25 % but are not professional enough when it comes to pay on time.
it will be solved, BPL will continue normally , no franchise will face actions from BCB,no player is going to boycott anything, BPL's future is still intact.
But this payment issue won't stop.
Old January 30, 2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
The report is out today because everyone knows about it now. BCB themselves had to send out a media release. If BCB themselves came out and said there are payment issues, what's so wrong if Isam/Cricinfo reports it? Isam is not trying to start anything. He is just doing his job. Cricinfo is a big deal in the cricket community, it's their job to report latest news. When someone opened that thread in Bangla Cricket section saying BD/Zim has to play in the qualifier for 2014 WC, how many of us said how come there is no report about this in Cricinfo? Because we know it's some what reliable. People outside of BD will turn to Cricinfo to read BPL news, that's why it's there.

KP bhai you are making it sound like only Cricinfo is reporting this. There were reports out from BD newspapers about this yesterday long before Isam/Cricinfo posted this.
I do know that and acknowledged that CricInfo is a big deal in the cricket community and that's why my query about the timing.

I have little faith/trust what I read in Bangla papers except two or three news daily in Bangladesh.

I do NOT "hate" Isam bhai, rather I do appreciate his efforts and his passions about Bangladesh cricket. But lately, I see too many negative reports about Bangladesh cricket in CricInfo.

Isam bhai wrote - there were three deadlines for the 1st installment to pay the players at BPL2. True, but does NOT reflect the true nature of the situation.

He wrote the 1st payment was due on January 7th, then 16th and 31st.
The fact is, franchises had to clear their payments before the tournament starts which was set to start on January 18th. Due to the "PCB/Pakistan saga", we all know that one franchise couldn't even get their eleven players for their squads due to PCB's refusal to allow Pak players at BPL2 at the very last moment which put a great deal of uncertainties amongst BCB and all franchise.

I an not advocating for BCB or any other franchise. The non-payment issue is indeed a shame for all of us and BCB is responsible for this. What I expect from Isam bhai is to help BCB rather just reporting or bashing. May be I am asking too much? May be.
Old January 30, 2013, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Seriously. Why should Isam be partial to BCB? Regardless of his nationality, he is a journalist. His job is to report the news without fear or favor. And that's exactly what he has been doing. Criticizing Isam for doing is job is like criticizing me for breathing. It is not only stupid but perhaps slanderous. If BCB itself sends in a press release, what do you think Isam should be doing? Sitting on his a$s? Lets move the discussion to the real issue. The unprofessionalism of the BCB and the franchises. Not the professionalism of Isam.
Old January 30, 2013, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

it is unprofessionalism of the BCB and the franchises. But Isam will make anything to big news, as if we don't have enough bad reputation.
Old January 30, 2013, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
it is unprofessionalism of the BCB and the franchises. But Isam will make anything to big news, as if we don't have enough bad reputation.
And you know this for a fact. Don't be besmirching a man's reputation. You know what you wrote can be considered slanderous. Isam didn't make the news - BCB and the franchises did. Ar koto dhama chapa diba? That's our problem - we are in intolerant race unable to accept rightful criticism. In this case, it isn't even criticism. It's news. Seriously, some of you need to not open your mouths and remove all doubts.

Last edited by Zunaid; January 30, 2013 at 07:16 PM..
Old January 30, 2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Seriously. Why should Isam be partial to BCB? Regardless of his nationality, he is a journalist. His job is to report the news without fear or favor. And that's exactly what he has been doing.
I have never said Isam shouldn't report /write against BCB and it's unprofessionalism/corrupting etc. What I am against is the way the news is presented. If you read CricInfo regularly, you would notice the negative tone in most of the reports they published about Bangladesh cricket. Look how they make the "headlines" compare to other so called "elite" countries.

For example: Nafees scored a ton in BPL, but never made it in the headline even in Bangladesh section!

I do not expect Isam to be biased towards BCB, rather I want him to be neutral and make constructive criticism which would/might help/motivate BCB. I am not referring this particular report only rather all the news/reports made in the last several months. I hope I made myself clear or at least tried to.
Old January 30, 2013, 07:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Sunshine is a cure for many diseases. Isam is the 'Sunshine' in this case. He is doing his job as a journalist and a heck of a job at that. I would urge Isam to continue speaking the truth and bringing such issues to light. These shameless people must not be allowed to get away with their dignity intact when they clearly do not care about the dignity of the players or the fans.