facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 9, 2005, 04:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default I am pissed - this is my thread!

Lately things are not going my way. Let's omit everything but I will share the most recent one... one that happened today.

For the first time in my life, I was subjected to racial profiling and that too in a place that is dominated by us. I am sure we are all subjected to it somehow but it was so blatant that if i had anything sharp in my hand, I would have sticked it right through his rectum. I go to my school hospital to donate blood, to save lives and after getting royal treatment from old and wringly nurses, I had to endure the most hideous thing in the world - A bloody ugly illiterate white trash with an IQ of 59.25.

An unfit cop who is not good for anything but sit on his *** and indulge in self pride. Dude you are considered as a [] security guard in a place where ppl are too sick to even speak. I would be ashamed to even spit on ppl like that... That wigga should keep his voice low with respect when speaking to someone whose race is suprior to his. We dominate hospitas with doctors, biomed engineers and they get jobs in security, cleaning up the toilets.

The fact that he asked for my ID was insulting enough but his comment on 9/11 made me want to puke on his face and make him lick it. I wanted to insult his profession - so he would cry like a [] - but I found my composure and simply demanded that he shows me his ID.

Should I try to make a case out of it and make his life miserable or should i just let things go? After all, he is simply a low paid security guard (too stupid and uneducated to get a REAL job) trying to earn a living.

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 2:02 PM GMT, by chinaman.

Old March 9, 2005, 05:19 AM
Street Cricketer

i am pissed for you
Old March 9, 2005, 05:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by fat_bob
i am pissed for you
Whatever that means. If you want, I can piss unto you!
Old March 9, 2005, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

what did he say??? not clear why u r [] here?? Did u tell the guy anything or just listen to him and came back ..

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 1:32 PM GMT, by akabir77.

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 2:03 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Old March 9, 2005, 09:11 AM
Retired BC Admin

Without knowing the details and from what I can gather, If I were you, I'd seriously consider formal complaining to his boss even though it might or might not make anything happen.

But I would not push myself down to his level by counter-abusing that guy.
Old March 9, 2005, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
what did he say??? not clear why u r [] here?? Did u tell the guy anything or just listen to him and came back ..

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 1:32 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Yeah I am kinda [] here. This was what happened...

I went to the blood bank and I never been there prior to this date ... When I came out, I was looking for the men's room cuz I had blood stain on my hand. So I was looking around - and the security desk was near. The guy rudely asks me

"Can I help you?"
me: yeah I am looking for men's room
To your right.

I go there, there is only women's room.. no men's room. I got pissed cuz i don't look like a woman....

So I go further on my quest for the washing room...cuz I figured all these ppl are lost here. I find one.. get my [] done.. Now about to go out. The elevator is behind security desk. So I go toward it:

Wigga: Can I help you.
Me: what?
Wigga: What you doing here?
Me: I am going out
Wigga: out to where?
Me: Out to outside... I am gonna go to the lobby, take the door and then go out
Wigga: are you student here
Me: Yes
Wigga: Lemme see your ID
Me: I am sorry
Wigga: I wanna see your ID

**I didn't wanna show it but I was like what the hell let's not make a scene** While I am taking out my ID, I said

Why do you wanna see my ID? Do I fit the profile? Do I looks suspicious to you.
Wigga: You been walking around here for an hour
Me: Wrong, I just came from the blood bank and then was looking to wash up.. I was about to leave.
Wigga: yeah .. ID

As I gave my ID to him, I said:
you know what you are doing is totally messed up.
Wigga: SO WAS 9/11

[]: I made the fist....I was mumbling.. incomprehensible things were coming out of my mouth.... I stopped my self from saying something about his profession.... then I calmed myself ...

Me: Lemme see your ID
Wigga: What?
Me: I want your batch number.
Wigga: blah blah.. name is blah blah...university police.. blah blah blah..

So I took it and I told him, I will see you soon.

Usually these things don't bother me but when that []said it.. I felt disturbed. Anyways, later that day, me and another cop had a laugh about it!! (that's another story). I can let this go.. but one of my arab friend heard the story.. he is pissed as hell.... he is gonna mess around with his head. He once took a professor to the board and won the case..

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 2:28 PM GMT, by chinaman.

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 6:50 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Old March 9, 2005, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru

hmm dang.. is this in NY???

Well in midwest in bush country we face stuff like that all the time but fortunately not in the school area though outside... And where i live got the masque with gombuj and every thing, so most people know about the religion and they respect that but the outsider(out side the city, where i work sp) comments every now and then.
Feel sorry for you bro/sis oh sorry bro (couldn't resist )
Old March 9, 2005, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

hey orphy,

well you should definitely go ahead and complain if you feel you were subject to discrimination (on the basis of religion/race or anything else) - which you were. that's the way i look at it.
Old March 9, 2005, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

at least complain to his boss that is. if you want to take this to court - well, depends on whether you're ready for it. if you are, i say go for it.
Old March 9, 2005, 10:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Wake up people.

Reading the sequence of events as described by Orpheus, I don't see a winnable case here.

I have heard much more serious cases where a 55+ years old lady from Bangladesh was stripped searched at the airport for not understanding what they were asking and not answering the question properly; people get off-loaded from the flight just because they fit some kind of vague profile; one person,with name Islam in NY was constantly body searched by the security guards every time he entered the building where he used to work, even though he had a valid id issued by his office; where as his colleagues could just show their Id to enter the building.

I know life is not the same as it used to be before 9/11, but still if you look around, you will see there are so many unfortunate people who faces much more humiliation every day, I think you will feel better.

I feel for you though....

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 3:22 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old March 9, 2005, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Orpeous i hope you complain to the []'s boss... you just can't let this slip by. We all need to make a stand.

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 6:48 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Old March 9, 2005, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Guys,

I have been singled out for 'thorough' searching in past and usually i take it with a smile and also leave the guy with "Officer, i understand and appreciate what you are doing". If anything, the enxt time he sees someone like me, he'll be less suspicious. If not, nothing lost.

Now, remember one thing - you put yourself in their shoes and you'll do much worse. 9/11 does change a lot of things. For that matter, any event of that proportion will always have a long term repurcussions and many an innocents have to pay the price.
Old March 9, 2005, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Meh Orphy, that's a pretty mellow story. You are way too emotional, almost like a chick. Hell, in our country former ministers are being anally probed. And you are crying about an ID check?

I like DJ's attitude in this.

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 5:26 PM GMT, by Arnab.
Old March 9, 2005, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Hey orpheus, i cant believe you managed to calm yourself in such situation. If it were me, Id beat the hell out of that security guard and sit him down in a life support machine! (lol, not really) but i would have a go at him. But I do have sympathy for these sort of people like the security guard as they have an illness that they may or may never recover from as I would blame their upbringing for their narrow mindedness.
Old March 9, 2005, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Yameen
Hey orpheus, i cant believe you managed to calm yourself in such situation. If it were me, Id beat the hell out of that security guard and sit him down in a life support machine!
Good Idea. I did the same the other day. Only after coming back home and locking my room and then using my pillow as the person I was mad at ( in this case iwill be the security guard).

The only problem was, after that, I had to spend 13 bucks to buy a new pillow. Atleast its better than going to jail though...

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 6:43 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old March 9, 2005, 02:08 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

In the land of the idiots, you should blame yourself for this.. either accept it, or leave. US will continue to take harder stand against muslims, consider yourself lucky you were not arrested, they can do that and that is acceptable in USA now for security excuses.
Old March 9, 2005, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

First of all determine if he is a federal or state employee.

If not , report it to his boss. Do you have a witness?
Simply draft a letter and send it to the company he is employed by (i.e if he is acntract employee) stating explicitly what the offending remark was. I would find out the details of the security company and whether they are bound by a code of conduct. The letter you have sent should be answered and then proceed to mention to them the alternative legal means at your disposal. This letter shoild have been cc to the authority employing him(in this case the hospital board or HMO in charge of the hospital)

By this time, i.e a few days after they have received this particular letter, they will be pretty concerned to look into the case. Remember lawsuits destroys businesses.

If he is a state or federal employee you file a public complaint to the state police authority. I would cc copy to your congressman.

This is the way things are. Use the law to the max.
As a general rule every infraction I meet I will consider a legal means to get retribution. This is also the same whenever I am on the receiving end of bad service, impartial treatment from service providers whereever i go.
Old March 9, 2005, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

we r talking about a security gaurd though right? not a policeman...
Old March 9, 2005, 02:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Orpheus, the security guard had the right to ask for your i.d. and he probably would not have to justify this action if you formally complained.

You could probably complain about his 9/11 comment, though I doubt if this would even earn the guard a rebuke. At best he may be cautioned.

From your account of the events, it seems that you instigated the conversation after you were asked to show your i.d.

In the current socio-political climate of the US it is best to keep one's mouth shut in the situation that you faced. Just show your i.d., don't make a fuss and get the **** out of the place. The []is not worth it.

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 7:58 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Old March 9, 2005, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
In the current socio-political climate of the US it is best to keep one's mouth shut in the situation that you faced. Just show your i.d., don't make a fuss and get the **** out of the place. The []is not worth it.
Agree with you. I would do the same if I lived in the USA now.
Old March 9, 2005, 04:37 PM
Retired BC Admin

Too many strong words in this thread. Please be considerate to our G-rating policy. Thank you very much.
Old March 9, 2005, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
we r talking about a security gaurd though right? not a policeman...
Yeah I am confused as well. They all have similar uniforms. He acted as if he was a police man. I would have never even mistakenly took out my ID had I known he was a mere guard. I wouldn't even stopped.. cuz he called me on my way to the elevator... When he was giving me his name and batch number, he actually mentioned "University Police".

Later that day, when I went to report a Grand theft (yeah some bastard stole my laptop and 500 dollars and I bet he was a whitey too)! - I asked the police officer whether the "guards" were policemen or not. He said "No, they are actually hired by the University".

He also said, Uni gives them right to ask for ID but had I chosen not to show then he would have to call "one of us". He doesn't have rights to enforce anything.

//**all these whitey indulging in self-pride while sitting in a chair filling out paper work - sickening**

He just told me if I wanted, just make a phone call to the supervisor... and that's it. Then he starts with all the crap... you know they really have a tough job.. sometimes it's hard.. and blah blah blah!!!

By the way, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ID CHECK. I couldn't careless. But his comment was outta line......that shows I was subject of racial/religious profiling.. eventhough I think that dude was just bored and wanted to show off. I don't appreciate that kinda of attitude putting me in the spot.

No there is no witness... there were strange ppl walking around.. .. Also his last comment was in a low voice though....

And please dude, what you talking about just be quiet and not making any fuss!!! This aint no airport.. this is UNIVERSITY hospital.. I am a student.. and i was there for a good cause.. I was in a good mood! They should show me the utmost respect... I don't wanna take crap from ppl of lower class....
Old March 9, 2005, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

yes this kind of treatment inside the UNIVERSITY is not acceptable by any means. you should let the authorities know. the USA as a whole may be a place for discrimination, but not a university.
Old March 9, 2005, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Orphy, I do sympathize and empathize with you however, aren't some us exhibiting the same mentality that gives rise to profiling, prejudice and bigotry when we use words like "w**ga", "whiteys", "people of lower class"?

Just a thought.

As myself.
Old March 9, 2005, 05:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid

...when we use words like "w**ga", "whiteys", "people of lower class"?
or when we see such intensity in threads like this? Whom are we fooling?