facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 4, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Any Internal Clash?

Every body is blaming the coach and management for recent extreme poor performance of the team. Me too. But one thing comes to my mind. Why the batting became so poor all on a sudden? The middle order was more or less stable for last couple of months. Top order also became stable. Then from out of no where the batting started to collapse regularly.

On the other hand, Shakib suddenly wanted relief from captaincy. All these things tell me that there may be some dressing room clashes between the players. Otherwise I really don't see any reason for such painful performances.

Ideas?

I am not giving JS any free ride. In fact I don't wanna see him continuing his job any more. Yet ....Some thing more is there which is unknown to us. That's what I feel.

Last edited by WarWolf; July 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM..

Old July 4, 2010, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Not sure but Sid has not been able to stop the rot. He has proven to be very uninspiring. Thats the truth...Ruth!
Old July 4, 2010, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

I think it's more frustration than anything. Loss after loss takes a toll on our players, not to mention the varying conditions we are playing in month after month. I think we're just really low in confidence and feel as if we'll never win again! But a win against England can change all that .
Old July 4, 2010, 01:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default clash of the titans

Last edited by Green Tea; July 5, 2010 at 03:45 AM..
Old July 4, 2010, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea
Its more sound like a clash of headless chicken...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 4, 2010, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

লাস্ট ম্যাচে বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটিং এর সময় আর্জেন্টিনার খেলা ছিলো... জার্মানী সাইজ দিচ্ছিলো... বেশীর ভাগ প্লেয়ার ব্রাজিল ভক্ত...
তাই দুই এ দুই এ চৌদ্দ। সহজ হিসাব।

Last edited by auntu; July 4, 2010 at 03:24 PM..
Old July 4, 2010, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

It's good to ask these questions and then try to figure out the answers. "Hujuge pore chillachilli" is not a good solution. Even the highly educated fans are doing that and it's hard to keep oneself away from those but we need to think before we act, don't we?
Old July 4, 2010, 10:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I believe we are going through the darkest of moments of our cricket lives, memorries and I feel we are in a massive communal shell shock! We are speechless and we are bleeding through our eyes and nose and ears! I feel many of us are about to pass out.
Old July 5, 2010, 01:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Every body is blaming the coach and management for recent extreme poor performance of the team. Me too. But one thing comes to my mind. Why the batting became so poor all on a sudden? The middle order was more or less stable for last couple of months. Top order also became stable. Then from out of no where the batting started to collapse regularly.

On the other hand, Shakib suddenly wanted relief from captaincy. All these things tell me that there may be some dressing room clashes between the players. Otherwise I really don't see any reason for such painful performances.

Ideas?

I am not giving JS any free ride. In fact I don't wanna see him continuing his job any more. Yet ....Some thing more is there which is unknown to us. That's what I feel.

It may as well be against the coach. Like He said after the match with Pak, that it wasn't possible to win after Tamim was out. If Tamim would have scored big it was possible. That means, he forced the players to play against their will and in such painfull defensive way. These types of instructions are always hard to digest for competent players like Shakib.

More over I have reasons to believe that the coach was forcing shakib to play defensively because he was the captain (Since He Became a Captain). Just what he did with Ash, that might have put Shakib in hessitations everytime he goes to bat, we saw the same with Ash. Incompetent people like JS are always dictatorial, in every discipline.

I hate JS's attitude of trying to change peoples game. This also speaks of his lack of inter personal skills, lack of understanding human behaviours, player's psychology etc. His lack of inpirational capability also support that.

That could be the most reasonable cause of such demoralization of the team. Sakib opted to step down is definitely good for his own game. Atleast he can play according to his strength, like before. Instead of being under pressure to do things in a wrong and impossible way that JS wants.

Last edited by BANFAN; July 5, 2010 at 02:10 AM..
Old July 5, 2010, 12:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Today boys played well. Let's see if new captain can bring any change in the side.
Old July 5, 2010, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
It may as well be against the coach. Like He said after the match with Pak, that it wasn't possible to win after Tamim was out. If Tamim would have scored big it was possible. That means, he forced the players to play against their will and in such painfull defensive way. These types of instructions are always hard to digest for competent players like Shakib.

More over I have reasons to believe that the coach was forcing shakib to play defensively because he was the captain (Since He Became a Captain). Just what he did with Ash, that might have put Shakib in hessitations everytime he goes to bat, we saw the same with Ash. Incompetent people like JS are always dictatorial, in every discipline.

I hate JS's attitude of trying to change peoples game. This also speaks of his lack of inter personal skills, lack of understanding human behaviours, player's psychology etc. His lack of inpirational capability also support that.

That could be the most reasonable cause of such demoralization of the team. Sakib opted to step down is definitely good for his own game. Atleast he can play according to his strength, like before. Instead of being under pressure to do things in a wrong and impossible way that JS wants.
Mind stating the "reasons?" When did Shakib ever play "defensively?" He has been captain for around a year and all of a sudden Siddons forced him to play defensively? When he got a century in New Zealand it was his brilliance but when he fails it's coach's fault? He gets out playing ridiculous shots out of the blue not playing defensively.
Old July 5, 2010, 12:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Mind stating the "reasons?" When did Shakib ever play "defensively?" He has been captain for around a year and all of a sudden Siddons forced him to play defensively? When he got a century in New Zealand it was his brilliance but when he fails it's coach's fault? He gets out playing ridiculous shots out of the blue not playing defensively.
exactly... lol sakib is another ash like player who loves to play on the air. so now he is going down like him... no need for a coach to see that.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled