facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2010, 10:08 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Smile Congratulations to Imrul Kayes: Most runs and 50+ against the G8 in a Calender Year

Imrul Kayes: Most runs and 50+ against the G8 in a Calender Year

He beats the previous record of Tamim 579 held in 2008.

He also holds the record of the most 50+ scores against the G8 in a calender year with 6, beating the previous record held by Tamim 5 in 2008.

Has the 2nd highest average against the G8 in a calender year 35.95, the highest is Shariar Nafees 36.28 in 2005. Qual: 250 runs.

Has the record of the 4th highest overall runs in a calender year. He needs 28 more runs to get to 2nd place. Shariar Nafees holds the record with 1033 set in 2006.

Has the record of the joint 2nd most 50+ scores in a calender year with 7 equal with Shariar Nafees who acheived that in 2006. He needs 2 more to beat the current record set by Aftab Ahmed in 2006 with 8.

What makes this acheivement more remarkable is that this is his first full year with the team and most matches have been against the G8. Also it should be noted that Junaid Siddique averaged 17.26 in 2009 as an opener, meaning Imrul has added almost 19 more runs per innings. Junaid himself played most of those against Zimbabwe and Windies A team.

Old October 22, 2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Adam Gilcrist

but the guys strike rate sucks like hell!
Old October 22, 2010, 10:11 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Yet people wants to throw him out of the NAT team
Old October 22, 2010, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Congrats to Imrul..its a real shame that people still knock on the guy just because he has a slow strike rate and ask for him to be out of the team..he's been the most consistent batsman for us this year..he's shown the ability to play some nice shots..I don't want him near the test team because I believe he's just not ready for tests but he's a must for ODIs and I'm confident he will improve at a steady rate and become our version of a Ghambhir..
Old October 22, 2010, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax
but the guys strike rate sucks like hell!
If he can score runs like this, you guys really shouldn't be complaining. And I guess he'll improve eventually.
Old October 22, 2010, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If you bat like that, and play 150 ball, with a SR of as low as 40 and take no risk, even a blind man could score "the most runs in a season"
Old October 22, 2010, 10:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

very good thread & good records.
I wanted to open a thread on Imrul(specially after the "SN appreciation thread")
He knows what he is doing and as Shakibrulz said IK wil improve his SR.
it's a very good achievement so far against the top teams,many of us underrate him because of his SR,but I think it's good that he tries to stay there & sets up a platform for the players to come.
Now,I'm waiting to see him at the top of the list,he only needs 90 odd runs,and against Zim he will get the oppurtunity (unless he is only a G8 basher.)
Old October 22, 2010, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
If you bat like that, and play 150 ball, with a SR of as low as 40 and take no risk, even a blind man could score "the most runs in a season"
But apparently rockybull still couldn't muster enough runs to make it to the top 10 of the series

On a serious note, when you don't have raina's or white's you got to cope with the imruls who can bat around iceman/tamim/others. s/r of mid 60's is not half bad, he'll definitely improve from here and has shown a lot of intent in this series.
Old October 22, 2010, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He needs to score faster. They should cut the crap about anchoring innings - those days should be gone. Anchorage shouldn't be an excuse for scoring slowly. Even anchors have gotten faster these days.

Imrul is actually not as much of a sissy as, let's say Junaid or Raqibul, but he really needs to score fast. If we're going to win against better sides, we need to score 320+ more often and a slow start doesn't really help.

He could become an asset if he fixes this aspect of his game.
Old October 22, 2010, 11:28 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ I am fine with 75/80, but 50, 55 is wayyy too low for this era. Considering how regular, "non-anchor" player scores over 120, if we really need an anchor he should bat with 80/90. Like you said, anchor days are over, JS needs to change his style of play here.

But I can see why he is an anchor, because after he hit a 6s, he changed Mills on the very next ball. That was sooo dumb and ugly.
Old October 22, 2010, 11:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Imrul is not that slow. Mostly 65++ strike rate. His strike rate is fine. With tamim, our RR in the first 10 overs are always between 5-7 an over. Its the middle order starting with Zunaed and Raqibul that slow down the run rate.
Old October 22, 2010, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

I like Imrul, he is the perfect partner for TI. Just needs to increase his strike rate by 5%. Congrats anyways.
Old October 22, 2010, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

The team is perfectly built for what it is expected to do, which is score 240.

Unfortunately, the modern game calls for 100 in the first 15 (assuming all PP), 100 in the batting PP + final 20 overs and another 100 in the remaining 20 overs.

We've already shaven off 50 runs by taking the PP in the 46th over to reduce our potential total to 250.

Based on Junaid's introduction in T20 and his innings vs. IND in the 2009 WC, maybe he should become the #7 for us in ODI. He can keep his slow temperment in Tests which has been good so far.

Have the new look of the line up be (for ODI)

Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Juhurl (wk)
Shakib
Riad
Junaid
Shuvo/Naeem/Razzak (with bowling being a priority)

Last 3 bowlers to be determined by playing location if we need 3 pacers or not.
Old October 22, 2010, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Yet people wants to throw him out of the NAT team
I just don't understand that reason.
Old October 22, 2010, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ If you'd read around this thread, then you would understand the reason...
Old October 22, 2010, 12:36 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I think he is the only current opener in the world with such a poor SR. This guy can score runs no doubt about that but he must increase that SR.If you play 100 balls you have to make atleast 70-80. World cricket has changed a lot and Imrul needs to realise that...
Old October 22, 2010, 12:46 PM
Street Cricketer

Ya right. So Raqibul, javed Omar nd all the other guys have been scoring more than him against the big boys right? With Tamim blazing away on the other end, Imrul is just the player we need at the top; calm, steady nd giving the impresn that he belongs. And he is improving every passing day. Thats what matterz.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 22, 2010, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^^ I am fine with 75/80, but 50, 55 is wayyy too low for this era. Considering how regular, "non-anchor" player scores over 120, if we really need an anchor he should bat with 80/90. Like you said, anchor days are over, JS needs to change his style of play here.

But I can see why he is an anchor, because after he hit a 6s, he changed Mills on the very next ball. That was sooo dumb and ugly.
Oh you're fine with 75/80? Too low for ODI's dont you think?
Old October 22, 2010, 12:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Quote:
How many of those can you name?

He has 66.33 strike rate in ODI (all games) and 68.44 in last 12 months.
Slow for an ODI cricketer? Yes
Undesirable? Not at all
We don't have opener sitting in the sideline with 30+ average and with 80+ strike rate. We are still a developing team with a long way to go. We are in the process of developing players and their skills. Imrul has good technique and the mindset to build an innings. Tamim is a gifted player and a team will never have 11 highly gifted players.
Old October 22, 2010, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

There's no issues with bowling powerplay hitting, the issues are all with batting powerplay. Riyad even after being specially trained couldn't hit a few boundaries in the PP overs. That's what is bothersome IMO
Old October 22, 2010, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

indeed Imrul Khhayess (as Shamim calls him) is our Mr.35 and even in modern day ODI there is always a need for such a batsman. i guess when Raqibul comes out to bat when Kayes gets out we fans feel like killing ourselves going through the slow torture....

Congrats Kayes, I hope the team management will make the right decision to chuck out anyone other than Kayes in the top order when Tamim comes back...
Old October 22, 2010, 01:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

In yr 2007 .tamim's SR was only 55-60!!and now He has improved alot.so hope imrul can do the same??
Old October 22, 2010, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
I agree, the entire batting line up needs a kick up its rear end. What the heck kind of a score is 174?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 22, 2010, 02:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd
In yr 2007 .tamim's SR was only 55-60!!and now He has improved alot.so hope imrul can do the same??
Only reason Tamim was having SR issue, because he was confused about his game. He also didn't have as many shots. But one thing Tamim had, that Imrul doesn't, I doubt he ever will, is hardcore gut. Balls. Tamim had the gut to charge down the wicket to fast bowlers, at he age of 17-18. He had the intent to be aggressive. Imrul is a VG. He is too scared to score runs. He can anchor all he wants, that doesn't mean, he can take singles and rotate the strike. He blocks 1st 5 balls, then takes a single of the last ball of the over.
Old October 22, 2010, 02:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Even if the score is 210, in the 40th over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Oh you're fine with 75/80? Too low for ODI's dont you think?
I meant for Imrul, not INT ODI standard. If Imrul can up it to 75/80, I will be happy. He doesn't have to go over 90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotBall
How many of those can you name?

He has 66.33 strike rate in ODI (all games) and 68.44 in last 12 months.
Slow for an ODI cricketer? Yes
Undesirable? Not at all
We don't have opener sitting in the sideline with 30+ average and with 80+ strike rate. We are still a developing team with a long way to go. We are in the process of developing players and their skills. Imrul has good technique and the mindset to build an innings. Tamim is a gifted player and a team will never have 11 highly gifted players.
No disrespect, but I find this very ironic as this coming from a user named Dot Ball. I just thought it was funny.