facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2005, 04:37 PM
Banned

Default \"You have too much kuckoo in your head\"!!

I heard some Latino friends told others several times: “You have too much kuckoo in your head…that’s why…..”. I approached to one of the JOEs and asked him: “Joe, what is kuckoo?”

He looked at me with his big, bubbly eyes with a lot of surprise and said: “Kuckoo means somebody sometimes try to control themselves but can’t, because they have too much kuckoo in their heads”.

Okay, still I am not getting what is kuckoo. He got upset and told me, “Amigo, I told you already, but you are not simply understanding”.

So I gave up. But after watching so many BD innings, I am sure some BD batsmen have too much kuckoo in their heads and unfortunately our coach Dave does not know what it is.

Edited on, September 21, 2005, 9:37 PM GMT, by m35helal.

Old September 21, 2005, 11:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

kuckoo mane hoilo gia kak er goo.

BD player ther mathae shob prokar poshu pakhi emonki manusher goo o ache
Old September 22, 2005, 01:55 AM
Test Cricketer

i'm very very disapponted and heart broken, but i still believe bangladesh will be a much better team in a few years. ashraful, aftab, nafees duo, mashrafee, shahadat, enamul, rasel are all young. how many other countries would you see giving test caps to players this young except for pakistan?most of these players came out of HP and under-19 squad and went straight to the test team. whereas their opponents played a lot of domestic cricket and first class matches against quality opposition before playing for their nation's test side. almost all the players in the sri lankan side are much older, experienced than bangladeshis. some of them have played for more than a decade. they've played against the likes of border, gooch, botham, imran, kapil, waugh...... it is very very hard for players like ashraful, aftab, iqbal, shahriar to compete against their experience. all of them have just thrown their wickets away. not because they don't know how to play fernando, malinga, vaas or murali, but becasue they don't have any role models in the team to show them, here, this is how you play. their role models are javed and bashar. but unfortunately both javed and bashar played very irresponsibly. it was hard to tell whether they were playing 20-20 or test cricket. these same players play ODIs with much slower strike rate. so, when natural stroke players like ashraful and aftab see their captain and senior opener playing shots, how can they resist themselves? they see their captain getting out playing a silly shot and going back to pavilion in humiliation. so, when they go out there to play they probably think, i'll play shots. if i score some runs good, if not i'll get out like my captain. no one can blame me as no one is taking responsibility. Ashraul, aftab and shahriar nafees have shown in 2nd innings that they can play responsibly. they couldn't stay in the middle simply because of lack of experience. i believe in a few years time they will turn out to be more responsible players and match winners for bangladesh.

Edited on, September 22, 2005, 6:57 AM GMT, by howzatt!.
Old September 22, 2005, 07:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

I agree HOWZATT. But BD management have been very complacent even in defeats! That is the biggest mistake BCB is making. We have to look for a new coach NOW. SL just hired a new assistant batting coach and we all agree how good their batting line up is. You need coaching, discipline and practice to achieve success. And yes we have to wait and study before we play a team to keep our records getting much worse. Look, India postponed test series with Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. But chose to play with Zimbawbe. I would say management has too much kuckoo in their heads.
Old September 22, 2005, 12:16 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

We have a big problem in our hands.

We all know that everybody in our team (not only the actual national cricket team - but also the members of the BCB, their officials, the up and coming players who are now currently playing in the age group level - all of them) are being complascent at the moment.

If we look at the age group of our team - we'll see that (as hozzatt mentioned on this thread) and as many others have been saying these things over the years on different channels that we have very few experienced players, the rest are very young and inexperienced. The problem that we're now facing currently is that we can't afford to enter national players who are around 25 years old because when we have entered them into the national team, they have either poor technique (like Foisal Hossain), or are not probably fit enough physically, or are so inexpereinced (though, NOT YOUNG) at any International level that it is not worth it to give them a chance in our national team.

Then what do we do? We have come to the point when we can't give excuses of inexperience or for being young after almost 5 years' of playing Test cricket at the end of this year, and we also know what are the limits of our at least experienced players are.

For example:

Habibul Bashar will not be more consistent than what he is now - he will not be able to get a test batting average of over 50 at this age.

We can't expect Mohammad Rafique to score another test century when our team is in trouble (or not).

Khaled Mashud will not suddenly become a match-winner with the bat, no matter how committed he is while batting.

These are the limitations that we have to live up with.
Old September 22, 2005, 07:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

kakkaa means S**T in spanish
Old September 22, 2005, 08:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
Almost all the players in the sri lankan side are much older, experienced than bangladeshis. some of them have played for more than a decade.howzatt!. [/i]

How do you expalin the humuliating performance against the 3rd string SL team which had only one test cap? Those guys were just as young as the BD players.

I would like to find a rational reason for this dismal performance. But all we can come up with is that we desperately lack talent and skill to play at this level. It may sound harsh but it is the truth and I wish it was not so.