facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 16, 2010, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Default australia picks an aboriginal player for t20 squad

dan christian allrounder,hitter medium fast.
Captained the australian aboriginal team to england last year.

Old February 16, 2010, 08:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Great for experience. Symond is still the boss.
Old February 16, 2010, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

symmo is a drunkard,lazy,tourble maker.
He played t20 for qld this year awful,refused to play grade,put it this way qld not having him back next year.
Christian is a good lad,team player,not ego at all,powerful hitter,good at yorkers.
Old February 16, 2010, 09:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

symonds is about half the player he use to be atm, bad attitude that guy, probably should have given WI team a try rather than the aussie one (just would have suited his personality better plus he would have got more opportunities).
Old February 25, 2010, 01:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
symonds is about half the player he use to be atm, bad attitude that guy, probably should have given WI team a try rather than the aussie one (just would have suited his personality better plus he would have got more opportunities).
Still he was awesome, the way he used to bat oh boy. His medium pace was handy too, great player one of my favorites. I think after the racist remarks he was devastated, the whole Indian crowd chanting "monkey" did harm to the poor bloke's mindset, hope he recovers well.
Old February 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
All the best to Dan Christian!! Will be looking out for him!
Old February 25, 2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus87
Still he was awesome, the way he used to bat oh boy. His medium pace was handy too, great player one of my favorites. I think after the racist remarks he was devastated, the whole Indian crowd chanting "monkey" did harm to the poor bloke's mindset, hope he recovers well.
OMG. When did that happen? Those Indians really have the nerve to make fun of other races. The have been shitted on by the British for the past 200 years and made into slaves and now they make fun of other races.
Old February 25, 2010, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol_bd123
OMG. When did that happen? Those Indians really have the nerve to make fun of other races. The have been shitted on by the British for the past 200 years and made into slaves and now they make fun of other races.
He [Symonds] did some messed up **** though.
Old February 26, 2010, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Still he was awesome, the way he used to bat oh boy. His medium pace was handy too, great player one of my favorites. I think after the racist remarks he was devastated,
give me a break ! you are talking about a grown up professional cricketer with an alchohol abuse problem, not a cutesy 5year old kid. if this was an excuse jayasuriya would have left the game long ago when mcgrath called him a black monkey.
and what racist comments are you talking about ? suddenly the australian cricketers become the symbol of truthfulness ?
only people who are racist themselves see racism everywhere, like many (but not all) australians are wont to. how many subcontinent people even knew that symonds was of aboriginal extraction ? he looks as white as any other aussie player !

Quote:
the whole Indian crowd chanting "monkey" did harm to the poor bloke's mindset, hope he recovers well.
2 guys, that's right, 2 guys were chanting monkey, they were thrown out of the stadium and barred from attending cricket matches for life by BCCI. that becomes the whole crowd ?
also, is monkey even a racist comment in Indian/sub-continent context ?
if you have grown up in bangladesh, how many times have elders called you bandor polada (monkey kid) ? were they being racist towards you ? just because australians have been racist and still are to some extent doesn't mean their racist terms have the same meaning in another cultural context.

please try to apply your own thought and don't just blindly believe whatever aussie media publishes just because it comes from a white.

you want to know what is racism, have a look at the report earlier :
Quote:
Captained the australian aboriginal team to england last year
which civilized country has a team formed on racial grounds ? do you see an all-black team in US or UK ?
you decide which country/society is racist.
Old February 26, 2010, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol_bd123
it didn't happen. your friend read a few aussie media reports and swallowed their reports hook,line and sinker. now of course, they are white and Indians are not. obviously whites can't lie. it must be the Indian's fault right ? they are brown after all !
and einstein, "those Indians shitted on by british" includes bangladeshis and pakistanis too. you better brush up your history.
Old February 26, 2010, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
2 guys, that's right, 2 guys were chanting monkey, they were thrown out of the stadium and barred from attending cricket matches for life by BCCI. that becomes the whole crowd ?
Well, this video does not say there were only two guys.
It says different story on how Indians acted.

Old February 26, 2010, 03:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
it didn't happen. your friend read a few aussie media reports and swallowed their reports hook,line and sinker. now of course, they are white and Indians are not. obviously whites can't lie. it must be the Indian's fault right ? they are brown after all !
and einstein, "those Indians shitted on by british" includes bangladeshis and pakistanis too. you better brush up your history.
You haven't watched the video provided by Yaseer yet, have you. I have watched that a long time ago, before saying something do some research. I was referring to this incident, thanks to Yaseer. What will you do during this incident? Put yourself in Symmo's shoes, I think you won't be living with us today. If you still think only two people were chanting monkey, open your eyes and please have a glimpse of the video.

Thanks again Yaseer.
Old March 23, 2010, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You haven't watched the video provided by Yaseer yet, have you. I have watched that a long time ago, before saying something do some research. I was referring to this incident, thanks to Yaseer. What will you do during this incident? Put yourself in Symmo's shoes, I think you won't be living with us today. If you still think only two people were chanting monkey, open your eyes and please have a glimpse of the video.

Thanks again Yaseer.
my dear brother, please watch that video again, ignore the 'analysis' by the program host and the 'suggestive' title of the video. how many people did you see chanting monkey ? zero ? because what they are chanting is clearly inaudible. I can only see two people with a placard "why monkey among kangaroos".

the program host whines that the crowd was 'booing'. what a crybaby !
what did he expect ? you are playing on foreign soil against the home team and the crowd is going to cheer you on to perform against the home team ?
how does the aussie crowd behave with foreign players ?
why don't you go and ask the BD national team players about that ?
in the 1985 world championship of cricket tournament held in australia, there were placards among the crowd in the final match between Ind and Pak saying "match between the bus-conductors and the taxi-drivers". now that sir, is a racist comment.
what did the ACB do about it ? nothing ? the difference is that in India, the authorities were at least asking the crowd to behave properly and not behave aggressively.

and before I forget, symmonds is happily playing in the country in front of crowds who supposedly uttered racist chants against him and ended his career.

Last edited by Neel Here; March 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM..
Old March 27, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
So there is a aboriginal team also?
I had no idea about that!
Old March 27, 2010, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes playing papua new guinea later this season.