facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 21, 2011, 08:31 PM
Banned

Default Remembering Bangladeshi cricketers

This thread is dedicated to players who once played in the National team , have retired or were discarded and forgotten.
Everyone is welcome to add a player ( pic + cricinfo link ) and then others can talk about the last player mentioned.

I'll start :

Manjurul Islam
Before Mashrafe came, Manjurul and Shanto spearheaded our pace attack.
INACTIVE since 2004

Last edited by Crisis; August 22, 2011 at 06:25 AM..

Old August 21, 2011, 08:45 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

oh how i dearly want to add this cricketer into this list
Old August 21, 2011, 10:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
This thread is dedicated to players who once played in the National team , have retired or were discarded and forgotten.
Everyone is welcome to add a player ( pic + cricinfo link ) and then others can talk about the last player mentioned.

I'll start :

Manjurul Islam
Before Mashrafe came, Manjurul and Shanto spearheaded our pace attack.
when i first started watching BD criket it was GM nowsher prince, Jahangir Talukder Dulu and a young Saiful Islam the bowlers for BD.

Dulu and Prince were at the end of their career and soon anisur rahman become saiful's opening partner. also Khaled mahmud was knocking around

at that time bd had one of their best u-19 team that had players like Biddyut, Opi, Rokon, Sajid hasan, Zakaria (akram khan look a like), Atiar Rahman, Mustadir litu, Hasibul Hossain Shato, Morshed ali khan sumon, Sajal chowdhury, Rahul etc.

Sajal chowdhury first made a breakthrough and he and anis partnerd saiful in a tournament where BD played the subcontinent A teams ..... we beat india by 1 run where rafique bowled an excellent last over.

sajal chowdhury could not prolong his career as shanto broke into the side. he and saiful was now our main bowlers. Morshed ali khan sumon also played some games.

the next batch of pacers came from the next batch of u-19s ...... monjural islam, shafiuddin babu and bikash ranjan das. when saiful's career was over monjural made his mark. also bikash and shafiuddin babu had their time. also alamgit kabir, mofizur rahman munna were some other names.

then we saw the intake of tapash and mushfiq babu followed by mashrafe, talha jubair and shahadat ............

well its a long long story
Old August 21, 2011, 10:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

damm offstump u have good memory...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 21, 2011, 11:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Didn't we have a pace bowler name Aminul Islam Bhola or something like that? I think he played just 1 or 2 ODI's and that was it.
Old August 22, 2011, 12:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
when i first started watching BD criket it was GM nowsher prince, Jahangir Talukder Dulu and a young Saiful Islam the bowlers for BD.

Dulu and Prince were at the end of their career and soon anisur rahman become saiful's opening partner. also Khaled mahmud was knocking around

at that time bd had one of their best u-19 team that had players like Biddyut, Opi, Rokon, Sajid hasan, Zakaria (akram khan look a like), Atiar Rahman, Mustadir litu, Hasibul Hossain Shato, Morshed ali khan sumon, Sajal chowdhury, Rahul etc.

Sajal chowdhury first made a breakthrough and he and anis partnerd saiful in a tournament where BD played the subcontinent A teams ..... we beat india by 1 run where rafique bowled an excellent last over.

sajal chowdhury could not prolong his career as shanto broke into the side. he and saiful was now our main bowlers. Morshed ali khan sumon also played some games.

the next batch of pacers came from the next batch of u-19s ...... monjural islam, shafiuddin babu and bikash ranjan das. when saiful's career was over monjural made his mark. also bikash and shafiuddin babu had their time. also alamgit kabir, mofizur rahman munna were some other names.

then we saw the intake of tapash and mushfiq babu followed by mashrafe, talha jubair and shahadat ............

well its a long long story
Excellent, and thanks for reminding all the old memories.
Jahangir Shah Badshah is one pacer, who had the right attitude on field and very hard working. Although he wasn't exposed to all these modern day coachings, served us very well. Together with Prince...
Old August 22, 2011, 01:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Excellent, and thanks for reminding all the old memories.
Jahangir Shah Badshah is one pacer, who had the right attitude on field and very hard working. Although he wasn't exposed to all these modern day coachings, served us very well. Together with Prince...
actually i never saw him playing .......
Old August 22, 2011, 02:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Darn Offstump. good memory! Now Can you do a similar recap with our spinners? Start with Sharfuddoulah Shoikot and Plabon LOL
Old August 22, 2011, 02:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Md. "All-rounder" Sharif was considered to be a top prospect after his tour of Southern Africa with the team, that's how much we sucked in the pace department, until Mashrafe debuted against Zimbabwe. I was there live.

Ekei baule "bhat-mara" ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 22, 2011, 02:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/56074.html
what a start he had to his international career but alas!! he is only 27 but discarded , his SR got better of him
Old August 22, 2011, 02:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Half-volley and full-toss blockers like Rajn are always there to infect our team right alongside brain-farters like Ashraful and Aftab. Rkibul was Rajn 2.0 and "prospect" Myskur is Rajn 3.0.

GOD have mercy on us so that we may NEVER see players like Saleh in top flight ever again!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 22, 2011, 02:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Half-volley and full-toss blockers like Rajn are always there to infect our team right alongside brain-farters like Ashraful and Aftab. Rkibul was Rajn 2.0 and Myskur is Rajn 3.0.
Old August 22, 2011, 02:54 AM
Test Cricketer

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/56255.html
played only one ODI scored 42 vs wi THEN CALLED UP FOR A TEST AND DISCARDED after failure
Old August 22, 2011, 02:57 AM
Cricket Savant

^ ... I remember this bhodai well. Add Alamgir Kabir and Mushfik "All-rounder" Babu to the list.
Old August 22, 2011, 03:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
oh how i dearly want to add this cricketer into this list
Old August 22, 2011, 03:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
^ ... I remember this bhodai well. Add Alamgir Kabir and Mushfik "All-rounder" Babu to the list.
yeah i also remember..he played in the same game where alok kapali scored that majestic 89
Old August 22, 2011, 03:05 AM
Test Cricketer

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/55982.html
KHALED MASUD"S replacement after 2003 WC failure
Old August 22, 2011, 03:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Guys I'd like see in this thread ASAP:

1. Motin

2. Mofees

3. Imroze

4. Imrul

5. Nayeem

6. Rokibul

7. Razzak

8. Mysukur (oops, he's not in the team yet).
Old August 22, 2011, 03:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Guys I'd like see in this thread ASAP:

1. Motin

2. Mofees

3. Imroze

4. Imrul

5. Nayeem

6. Rokibul

7. Mysukur
MAN !! IMRUL is just out of form.be kind to him.

mysukur?? dont discard him before seeing him
Old August 22, 2011, 03:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd
MAN !! IMRUL is just out of form.be kind to him.

mysukur?? dont discard him before seeing him
I've seen too much of both already. Imrul Kaedge has HaBatitis without the luck, and Mysukur has fatal and contagious Rajinitis.
Old August 22, 2011, 06:24 AM
Banned

I don't remember Mohammad Salim at all! He must have been in and out of the team rather quick

Don't remember Anwar Hossain either. It seems he had a good knock of 42 in his first and only ODI. Shouldn't have been disacrded that quick!

Yeah, I remember the shaved-headed Rajin Saleh. His average in Tests look good m should have let him stay in the Test team only.
Old August 22, 2011, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Talha Jubair... What happened to him?
Old August 22, 2011, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

First ever i saw any Bangladeshi in action was Jahangir Dulu with his left arm pace.He was a mediocre but i was impressed with Golam Nowsher Prince.He was a real swinger of the ball.He just came to bangladesh in wrong time.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 22, 2011, 06:59 AM
Banned

Hasibul Hossain Shanto
Shanto is one of the fatest ballers we have produced. I particularly remember his heroics during the Test match we had vs MCC in which he was close to wrapping up the match and winning it for us. His line and length suffered badly later on in his career and he was dropped.
INACTIVE since 2004
Old August 22, 2011, 07:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Md. "All-rounder" Sharif was considered to be a top prospect after his tour of Southern Africa with the team, that's how much we sucked in the pace department, until Mashrafe debuted against Zimbabwe. I was there live.

Ekei baule "bhat-mara" ...
thanks Sohel bhai .... i could not remember Sharif's name he talha and mashrafe were the trio of pacers in our u-19s which also had another extremely talented player named ashraful.

i went to watch an india u-19 vs bd u-19 game. india u-19 hade, dhawan, uthappa, raina, vrv singh, piyush chawla in their team. although i felt mashrafe and talha were better bowlers sharif along with ashraful made the national team very soon