facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 1, 2010, 02:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default লুলা-ল্যাংড়া বোলীং!

জানি না আমার মত আর কেও ভাবছেন কিনা...
আর কেও না ভাবলেও আমি না বলে পারছি না...বাংলাদেশের ইদানিংকার বোলীং দেখলে আত্মহত্যার সুগভীর ইচ্ছা জাগে মনে! সেই ২০০৭ এর কোন এক বিশ্বকাপে বাংলাদেশ আবিষ্কার করেছিল, যে ১১ জনার দলে পারলে ১৫ জন SLA খেলানো উচিৎ...জয় সুনিশ্চিত! তার পর থেকে চলছে এই দলটার এসব কুৎসিত বোলীং কম্বিনেশন। প্রপার ক্রিকেটীয় ভাষায় যাকে বলা যায় Complete negative approach!

কমেন্টেটররা যতই এটাকে ভদ্রতাবশতঃ ‘Decent gang of left arm-spinners’ নামে ডাকুকনা কেন...বাংলাদেশের এই ধরনের স্পীনার-ডমিনেটেড বোলীং কম্বিনেশন দেখলে ইদানিং আমার মুখে আজে বাজে গালাগালি আসতে চায়! উইকেট নেবার কোন স্ট্রাটেজী নাই...ফাস্ট বোলারদেরকে যথেষ্ট মর্যাদা দেবার কোন সুযোগ নাই...খালি নেগেটিভ চিন্তা আর তার ফল হিসেবে ‘রান ঠেকানোর’ আপ্রাণ ব্যার্থ প্রচেষ্টা!

তাও বুঝতাম... যদি দেখতাম মোঃ রফিকের মত দুজন বাঘা স্পিনার রয়েছে আমাদের দলে! বাংলাদেশের প্রতিপক্ষ যেকোন দলকেই এখন আর কোন চিন্তা-ভাবনা করতে হয়না খেলতে। সবাই আগে থেকেই জানে...কে বোলীং করবে...কি বোলীং হবে।

টেস্ট ম্যাচ হোক, ওয়ান-ডে হোক...আর টি-টোয়েন্টি-ই হোক...জঘন্য এই লেফ্‌ট-আর্ম-স্পীনার কম্বিনেশন এর হাত থেকে মুক্তি চাই! প্রপার বোলীং কম্বিনেশন চাই...যেখানে হার্ড-ওয়ার্কিং তিনজন পেসার থাকবে...স্পীনার বড়জোর ২ জন!

মাফ্‌ চাই ভাই...এই লুলা-ল্যাংড়া বোলীং কম্বিনেশন আর না প্লীজ্‌।!!
Old May 1, 2010, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

"একটা উইকেট দিয়া যান, আমরা গরীব ইনসান
দুইডা রান কম খান, আমরা গরীব ইনসান"

আমাদের বোলিং বর্তমনে সঠিক দিক নির্দেশনার আভাবে পথভ্রান্ত......জনাব প্রাক্তন বোলিং কোচ আরো ক্ষতি করে গেছে...আগে তাপস বৈশ্য+মাশরাফি জুটি বিদ্যতদ গতিময় লাগতো...এখন খ্যত খ্যত লাগে
Old May 1, 2010, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

what annoys me more, even more the our bowling is how we open celebration threads even before the start of the match.

It looks so bad from the outside..
Old May 3, 2010, 12:39 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
what annoys me more, even more the our bowling is how we open celebration threads even before the start of the match.

It looks so bad from the outside..
And its more shamefull when they open those kinda thread again!
Old May 1, 2010, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Our batting isn't there yet. What makes me sad is that our bowling used to be, or at least had shown glimpses of it in the past. These days, our only hope of winning in the shorter formats is by restricting the opposition to around 250 in ODIs and 150 in T20s. But with this bowling, we won't win anything. We're still looking for our first win in 2010 and frankly it shouldn't have taken so long. We were supposed to be better than this post '07.

I'm losing my patience and beginning to think we'll have to start looking for a new coach after the '11 world cup.
Old May 1, 2010, 03:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

This Langra Bowling killed us! Langra Mangoes are good, not Langra bowling!!
Old May 1, 2010, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Its time for us to look beyond SLAs. We do have one decent SLA in Shakib. So no SLA atm unless he is Rafique kind of bowler. We leg spin variation, genuine offspinner(not type of Riad, Nayeem type allrndr) and definitely pacer with active brain.
Old May 1, 2010, 04:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Negative mindset will yield only negative results. Pure and simple.
I thought days of the containment approach should have been the thing of the past by now.
Old May 1, 2010, 04:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

জোর করে খেলানো এই তিন বাঁহাতির কোন কারন খুজে পাচ্ছি না।

যে খানে দলে সাকিব এবং রাজ্জাকের মতো বাঁহাতি আছে সেখানে শুভর মতো মিডিওকারের কোন সুযোগ আমি দেখিনা। ছেলেটা ব্যাটিংও পারে না।

রিয়াদ যে পজিশনে নেমে ব্যাটিং করবে তাতে ওর মতো ব্যাটসম্যানের টিটোয়েন্টিতে কোন সুযোগ নাই। ওর বোলিংটাও টিটোয়ান্টির সাথে যায় না।

আর কতদিন এই সব বালখিল্যতা দেখবো কে জানে!

আমি বশির ভাইয়ের মতামতের সাথে একমত।
Old May 1, 2010, 04:19 PM
Street Cricketer

ফরমূলা -> মূলা
Old May 1, 2010, 06:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Mo Rafique smiles. What type of match today's match could have been. 41 runs zero wickets of Abdur Razzak's could have been 25/3 type of out put. The game result could have changed. Hindsight BCB is to be blamed.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Mo Rafique smiles. What type of match today's match could have been. 41 runs zero wickets of Abdur Razzak's could have been 25/3 type of out put. The game result could have changed. Hindsight BCB is to be blamed.
What does that have to say about our Cricket that we still need a 40 year old man to save our hinds?
Old May 1, 2010, 06:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I must regretfully say, BCB is synonymous to "Chorom Murkhota"!
Old May 2, 2010, 09:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I must regretfully say, BCB is synonymous to "Chorom Murkhota"!
You got it! Better late than never
Old May 1, 2010, 11:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

As long as we dont have proper seamers, BD can never compete with international team on continuous basis, it can only create "upsets"
I regard this topic as one of the greatest eye opener here. we really in desperate need of proper seam bowling from good fast bowlers. India Sri Lanka Pak every subcontinet nations produced more than just decent fast bowlers, i dont understand why its a hard to find commodity in our country only.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I have said this before, the BD spinners[barring Shakib] are just slow bowlers. They don't get any turn whatsoever. Rarely they have the ****s to flight the ball, and even more unusual is to see them get any drift. We need some actual spinners of the ball, unless someone can actually turn the ball, they are likely to fail in the long run.
Seamers did alright in this game, and have been doing average, just-below average now. But we need some decent turner of the ball to assist Shakib. It really hurt me to see Mohd. Hafeez get more turn than Abdur Razzak.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Rather change in bowling combination, we need to increase our professionalism in attitude, game planning and of course game play (strategy). Right combination will come up automatically.
Old May 2, 2010, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Yes, the standard and quality of bowling in display nowadays from Bangladesh is very low.

But question is, are we selecting our best quality bowlers available? If the answer is YES, then we have no option but to live with it.

For yesterday's match, it was a tough call whether to go with Shuvo or Russell/Rubel. I think considering the fact that pitch is slow and Shuvo offers some batting ability, they went for Shuvo. Rubel is always expensive, Russell is not bowler he used to be. So, quality wise Shuvo/Russell/Rubel does not have much difference. Yes, considering experience and past performance, we could have gone with Russell.
Old May 2, 2010, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Yesterday we didnt have any planning against Pakistan. Why Shakib brought up with Razzak in opening spell with new ball? What was his strategy when Pakistani opening stands last for 6+ overs? All the wickets Bangladesh got for ambitious shot from Pak batters. No credit goes to bowlers.

The difference is prominent if we check the catch of Imrul that Misbah (Pak) took and the catch Ashraful missed of Kamran Akmal. Same type of catch difference is Misbah do not think himself a star so he kept his eyes on the ball and moved his body behind but Ashraful is a STAR of the team, how he move behind and work hard!!!!

Old May 2, 2010, 09:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
But question is, are we selecting our best quality bowlers available? If the answer is YES, then we have no option but to live with it.
Well..the question is not about 'best bowlers' anymore. its more about our 'bowling strategy' lately. I have been uncomfortable about the 'spinner-based' bowling attack for long now...but lately i'm really getting highly annoyed about this ploy.

We are actually shattering the confidence of our pacers by making them 'side-liners' by default. We've always had ordinary sort of pacers. But never before the last few years..we have put them on secondary roles so very much. As if they are there just to occupy the team. When we put them in that sort of role already...its natural that they wont get their usual deserved spells. They wont be given tough jobs like getting early breakthroughs or containing the opposition in death-overs. This has been happening for 2-3 years now...and already our pacers have lost all moral strength and self-belief that they can actually do those jobs.

This strategy..IMO..is seriously damaging our team-balance and this will hurt the team for years to come. Time to wake up and smell the coffee immediately..or our bowling is on its way to become a serious laughing stock in front of the world pretty soon.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Well..the question is not about 'best bowlers' anymore. its more about our 'bowling strategy' lately. I have been uncomfortable about the 'spinner-based' bowling attack for long now...but lately i'm really getting highly annoyed about this ploy.

We are actually shattering the confidence of our pacers by making them 'side-liners' by default. We've always had ordinary sort of pacers. But never before the last few years..we have put them on secondary roles so very much. As if they are there just to occupy the team. When we put them in that sort of role already...its natural that they wont get their usual deserved spells. They wont be given tough jobs like getting early breakthroughs or containing the opposition in death-overs. This has been happening for 2-3 years now...and already our pacers have lost all moral strength and self-belief that they can actually do those jobs.

This strategy..IMO..is seriously damaging our team-balance and this will hurt the team for years to come. Time to wake up and smell the coffee immediately..or our bowling is on its way to become a serious laughing stock in front of the world pretty soon.
+1 great post
but i would also add to that the fact our fast bowlers arent so competent even if they are given leading roles. We need some new faces. Rubel can be deadly if he can bowl those reverse swings but he gives away way too many runs due to his lack of control in bowling, i think shafiul is turning to be a good on the money bowler, rasel just doesnt click at some time (he aint a fast bowler anyhow). i want to see someone like mashrafe back in form or a second of his caliber like he was before the injuries.
Old May 4, 2010, 06:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B

Yes, on the strategy of using the bowlers we are not doing well. Like, why you need to open the bowling with Razzak against Pakistan, who are good players of spin. We need some thinking to do here.

But in strategy of picking up the spinner/pacer combination, so far it is not that bad. Like, in NZ, as condition demanded, we had 3 pace bowlers in all the ODIs. Though I always thought we should play one extra bowler (spinner/pacer depending on condition) in ODI and sometimes even in Test.
Old May 2, 2010, 09:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Ahmed_B that is a top post!

Bowling performances in St. Lucia:
Shafiul Islam: 4-25-1
Mohammad Amir: 4-16-2
Mohammad Sami: 4-29-3
Rory Kleinveldt: 2-8-1
Dale Steyn: 1-4-0
M Morkel: 2-14-0
A Morkel: 1-7-0
---------------------
Abdur Razzak: 4-41-0
Naeem Islam: 2-18-0
Shuvo: 1-12-0
Afridi: 4-37-0
Saeed Ajmal: 2-18-1

Anyone get what I'm trying to say? We lost the match before it started. Completely BS team selection. We overloaded with spinners on a pacer's wicket. Yet another failure from the management.
Old May 2, 2010, 09:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Ahmed_B that is a top post!

Bowling performances in St. Lucia:
Shafiul Islam: 4-25-1
Mohammad Amir: 4-16-2
Mohammad Sami: 4-29-3
Rory Kleinveldt: 2-8-1
Dale Steyn: 1-4-0
M Morkel: 2-14-0
A Morkel: 1-7-0
---------------------
Abdur Razzak: 4-41-0
Naeem Islam: 2-18-0
Shuvo: 1-12-0
Afridi: 4-37-0
Saeed Ajmal: 2-18-1

Anyone get what I'm trying to say? We lost the match before it started. Completely BS team selection. We overloaded with spinners on a pacer's wicket. Yet another failure from the management.
Rubel should have played!
Old May 2, 2010, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

You cannot win any form of cricket games with bits and bobs players.

Naeem, Riyad, Shuvo just too many of them. I really dont understand our moronic selectors and management- they pick Aftab for Tests and drop him from T20...lets not even talk about the non-selection of Alok! Only in Bangladesh!