facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 10, 2013, 12:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

These seem to be pretty "alien" conditions...from what I understand its really cold and that track is pretty green. At any rate, to be able to keep focus over 3 different days says a lot. Bowlers aren't total crap either since Test level bowlers Enamul and Abul are there.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old January 10, 2013, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Missed out on 300! Oh well.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:20 AM
Cricket Guru

The situation demanded him to be aggressive and he did so (and got out in the process), instead of playing selfishly for his own milestone. My respect for Ayub for being a team player.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

very good sign for our future, I hope he can take this milestone as as a new standard habit for him and continue to do so..
Old January 10, 2013, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Don't see any merit behind the call for his inclusion in the national team as one down though. He always played as a middle order batsman. All those tons of runs in domestic leagues only says he may be a decent player against spin, we still have no idea how he will fare against quality pace.
Only place up for grab I see, for him, is that of Mominul.
You can't choose anyone who is good in decent pace attack. Because our domestic pacers do not deserve a good quality but we have to choose batsmen from there. We don't have any other options to verify batsmen. How do we justify Mominul? He also bats middle order. So we only select him who perform better among others.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The situation demanded him to be aggressive and he did so (and got out in the process), instead of playing selfishly for his own milestone. My respect for Ayub for being a team player.
What situation are you talking about? There's hardly one and a half sessions left. All academic really, at the moment.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
What situation are you talking about? There's hardly one and a half sessions left. All academic really, at the moment.
This is a four day game, not three days. If Central declared at luch, they would have 5 sessions to bowl East out twice (which is not impossible considering how tired East players may be at this point, and that the pitch may break on the fourth day), instead of four and a half.

Marshall played the way one should have before a declaration.
Old January 10, 2013, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This is a four day game, not three days. If Central declared at luch, they would have 5 sessions to bowl East out twice (which is not impossible considering how tired East players may be at this point, and that the pitch may break on the fourth day), instead of four and a half.

Marshall played the way one should have before a declaration.
One and a half days left - which is what I meant, not sessions.. And I'd think you would still need more time to bowl out Zimbabwe U-10 team on that pitch. He batted quicker yesterday too, if I recall correct. Don't read too much into it, he got out, and missed the landmark. They still batted on. No biggie.
Old January 10, 2013, 03:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Default Congratulation!

My heartiest congratulation to Marshall Ayub and Mehrab Jr. for this gargantuan batting performance.

Now, I was thinking if he was named after then Pak Army chief it could be a daunting factor when he will play against Pak. AFAIK, from parents this Ayub guy was a genuine fearsome tyrant. His name with sharp batting may cause Azmal check his pants in between spells, who knows.

Anyway, I think he has shown ability enough. Mind that country recorded the lowest temperature yesterday since independence and today is not comparatively warmer either. The condition itself was tortuous to keep concentration while batting. Adding to the greenish wicket it all sounds to be finest achievement ever in BD FC.
Old January 10, 2013, 10:12 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Old January 10, 2013, 10:47 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

They should have declared the moment Ayub got out. I don't see what the team gained by batting on. It would be difficult to get any team out twice in less than two days, but you have to try.
Old January 10, 2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

Well done ayub, 3rd highest run scored in FC matches by a bangali. I think we are finally getting to seem quality cricket
Old January 10, 2013, 11:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

from cricinfo, be proud tigers

Quote:
Fifth Wicket
Partnership
520* CA Pujara and RA Jadeja Saurashtra v Orissa Rajkot 2008-09
494 Marshall Ayub and Mehrab Hossain jnr Cent Zone (BD) v East Zone (BD) Bogra 2012-13
464* ME Waugh and SR Waugh New South Wales v Western Australia Perth 1990-91
410* A Chopra and S Badrinath India A v South Africa A New Delhi 2007-08
405 SG Barnes and DG Bradman Australia v England Sydney 1946-47
401 MB Loye and D Ripley Northamptonshire v Glamorgan Northampton 1998
397 W Bardsley and C Kelleway New South Wales v South Australia Sydney 1920-21
393 EG Arnold and WB Burns Worcestershire v Warwickshire Birmingham 1909
391 A Malhotra and S Dogra Delhi v Services New Delhi 1995-96
385 SR Waugh and GS Blewett Australia v South Africa Johannesburg 1996-97
381 R Nayyar and V Sehwag North Zone v South Zone Agartala 1999-2000
377* GP Thorpe and MR Ramprakash England XI v South Australia Adelaide 1998-99
376 VVS Laxman and R Dravid India v Australia Kolkata 2000-01
Old January 10, 2013, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Right he was trying to accelerate and got out. Yes he played like a team player.
But his captain did a rubbish job.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Central only needs a point for a berth at the final. So, there was no need for any hurry or a sporting decleration. On that belter of a pitch it would be almost impossible to bowl a side out TWICE in a day and half. Unless, of course, a team self-implodes.

I think both Mehrab and Ayub just couldn't get to those milestones or records. Unfortunately, they got out. Simple.

But, congrats to the both, anyway. They sit pretty above the Waugh bros and Bradman and pardner in the record list. A huge achievement in itself!
Old January 10, 2013, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

He did well, but question of unselfish for what purpose? He probably thought captain would declare - so poor comm. We see after the fact that there was no declaration.
Old January 10, 2013, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

even after marshall is out, they batted and hom got half century. i think its not matter of selfishness, he just got out and couldnt make 300, but whatever he got--he deserve to be in the test team alongside mehrab jr. new test line up

tamim
anamul
mehrab jr (allrounder)
marshall (allrounder)
mushfiq
mahmudullah (all rounder)
shakib (number #1)
nasir
sohag gazi (bowler)
sajedul (bowler)---- he is back
rubel/shafiul/shahadat (bowler)

now we have SLA, offie, leg spinner--so all variety is there plus batsman who has mentality to bat longer version. may be we just found right combo for test match
Old January 10, 2013, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

marshall now have perfect age, good form, enough experience, strong mentality---- there is no better time than now for him to debut
Old January 10, 2013, 05:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Is he in a BPL team? Have him tested against seaming swinging pacers - could be a simple test. especially in the first few deliveries which he should use to acclimatize. If not in BPL - have him face some deliveries as such on a practice basis while the pacers are in BD. Not local pacers but world-class pacers. That would do it. Until then - wait.

That leads me to the idea of having and exhibition match between BD XI vs. RoW organized by BCB as a bi-product of this tournament to try out our locals on a seaming pitch.
Old January 10, 2013, 06:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Is he in a BPL team? Have him tested against seaming swinging pacers - could be a simple test. especially in the first few deliveries which he should use to acclimatize. If not in BPL - have him face some deliveries as such on a practice basis while the pacers are in BD. Not local pacers but world-class pacers. That would do it. Until then - wait.

That leads me to the idea of having and exhibition match between BD XI vs. RoW organized by BCB as a bi-product of this tournament to try out our locals on a seaming pitch.
he and mehra jr. both on ctg kings. looking at their local player collection i'm sure marshall will get his chances. lets see what happens
Old January 10, 2013, 11:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Central only needs a point for a berth at the final. So, there was no need for any hurry or a sporting decleration. On that belter of a pitch it would be almost impossible to bowl a side out TWICE in a day and half. Unless, of course, a team self-implodes.

I think both Mehrab and Ayub just couldn't get to those milestones or records. Unfortunately, they got out. Simple.

But, congrats to the both, anyway. They sit pretty above the Waugh bros and Bradman and pardner in the record list. A huge achievement in itself!
Exactly! According to today's PA report, Ayub got out playing a premeditated sweep on a full length delivery from Enam on a batting pitch. I can think of no "match situation" on day 3 of a 4 day match where such a low percentage, across the line shot is required, especially during the middle of the day. Our batsmen do implode on a regular basis but surely that sort of unforced batting error cannot be integral to a winning strategy on this kind of pitch.

Having said all that, he put 289 and not 89 up on the board and that sort of sustained focus deserves its due praise. Too bad he couldn't convert because as he has said so himself, such great chances for a triple hundred don't present themselves everyday.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM..
Old January 10, 2013, 11:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Exactly! According to today's PA report, Ayub got out playing a premeditated sweep on a full length delivery from Enam on a batting pitch. I can think of no "match situation" on day 3 of 4 day match where such a low percentage, across the line shot is required, especially during the middle of the day. Our batsmen do implode on a regular basis but surely that sort of unforced batting error cannot be integral to a winning strategy on this kind of pitch.

Having said all that, he put 289 and not 89 on the board and that sort of sustained focus deserves its due praise. Too bad he couldn't convert because as he has said so himself, such great chances for a triple hundred don't present themselves everyday.
People play sweep shots in Test cricket all the time, including slog sweeps. I'm quite sure that it also wasn't the first sweep shot he played after 289 runs. Its always entirely possible to play the right shot at the right time and still get out. Batsman will get dismissed in the game of cricket, whats important is the overall picture. In that picture Ayub has broken enough records on the domestic scene to warrant closer scrutiny, if not necessarily a senior call up for the SL tour (not saying he's good enough).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 10, 2013, 11:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

whatever flat the track may be, whatever poor the bowling it may be ....... its still a tough job to stay focused and continue batting for a long time.

deserved the 300 and now lets just hope he is not another ROCKIBULL
Old January 14, 2013, 06:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Some guys putting up impressive numbers on our flat tracks in semi to non competitive cricket farcically called "FC" are not international cricket material once you actually watch them bat with a clear understanding as to what good batting is. Good batting isn't always easy on the eyes but is always defined by sustainable success. Apparently Ayub worked very hard on his own to prepare for the next level. Sadly, I'm not prepared to say that about crappy players like Faisal Hossain "Decans", Nazimuddin and Omi, or simply not good enough for the highest level, LBW candidates like Mehrab, Nayeem or Rocky and walking wickets like Junaid and Kayes no matter what they do in the domestic circuit. That being said, Myshukur Rahman Rial makes Rocky look like Ricky Ponting. Guys like that can make you begin to hate the game you love.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 14, 2013, 01:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Tora jey jai bolish bhai, amar marshal Ayub chai... this is the time for him a chance... now or it will be never.