facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should the Players Playing in ICL be Banned
Yes 18 28.57%
No 45 71.43%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 3, 2009, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Default ICL-bd players

i personally dont think that there is alot of difference between ICL and IPL. does any of you think that the players should be banned because there playing for ICL. banning players doesnt help bangladesh progress in cricket and i dont see how ICL can cause problems to bangladesh the only country that i think ICL effects badly is india.

Do you think theres a difference between ICL and IPL furthermore do you thing ICL effects bangladesh in a bad way. i think ICL helps the players play more aggresivley so i think it helps the players in the shorter versions of the game.
Old February 3, 2009, 12:28 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

i don't think ICL affected BD at all..since those player gone in ICL we player better cricket in both test and ODI......
Old February 3, 2009, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
i don't think ICL affected BD at all..since those player gone in ICL we player better cricket in both test and ODI......
exactly my point. they left by free will for money and left their country. thats their choice and they dont deserve another chance.
Old February 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
exactly my point. they left by free will for money and left their country. thats their choice and they dont deserve another chance.
Thats true
Old February 3, 2009, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
wth? u r thinking in one side way.......if a bd player gets offer from a english county team with high salaries( khawa thaka free, gari bari free)..and that guy left the country to play county cricket...what u gonna say that? county legal? icl illegal?

if u think in another way, ICL is just the hindi version of 20-20 county cricket..icl got problems with bcci, not icc.....ei simple beparta na bhuje apnara jodi bolen icl nishiddho league...tatea bhoja jachhe amader desh koto unnotomaner......
Old February 3, 2009, 11:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
wth? u r thinking in one side way.......if a bd player gets offer from a english county team with high salaries( khawa thaka free, gari bari free)..and that guy left the country to play county cricket...what u gonna say that? county legal? icl illegal?

if u think in another way, ICL is just the hindi version of 20-20 county cricket..icl got problems with bcci, not icc.....ei simple beparta na bhuje apnara jodi bolen icl nishiddho league...tatea bhoja jachhe amader desh koto unnotomaner......
Naved read Mahmood bhai's post few posts above yours. He explained it nicely.
Old February 3, 2009, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

well ICL didn't effect drastically or visibly in Bd team but it would have been very nice to have some of those guys back who really performed in ICLvery well.
Old February 3, 2009, 12:33 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If anyone can create tournaments that will take such revenue like ICL does, any board will have problem to find sponsors. IPL may have been a success, but India is 70% market for cricket revenues. Other boards will have much harder time. Also, the national board maintains calender so there is no conflict, but a 3rd party tournament will create conflict of interest who is paid much more playing tournaments like ICL. So ICC implied, as long as that country board allows it, its okey, but if it does not allow, its illegal to play in those tournaments.

Pakistan board banned its players based on that, and now awaiting clarification from ICC on this. If ICC has no problem, then PCB will lift the ban and many other countries, including Bangladesh may follow. But untill its clear, boards can not risk breaking ICC policy.

If you feel, even if the policy stays such and BCB should still let them play in domestic leagues, that also creates problem, as more players may go to ICL, as they will only give up right to play for the national team, but can still use BCB facilities and play local cricket and make money. And we will end up with weaker and weaker national team.

So at this point, we should keep banning them untill ICC changes its stand.
Old February 3, 2009, 07:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
If you feel, even if the policy stays such and BCB should still let them play in domestic leagues, that also creates problem, as more players may go to ICL, as they will only give up right to play for the national team, but can still use BCB facilities and play local cricket and make money. And we will end up with weaker and weaker national team.

Naked truth very well put by Mahmood bhai...we could face huge deficiency in pipeline players
Old February 3, 2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
If anyone can create tournaments that will take such revenue like ICL does, any board will have problem to find sponsors. IPL may have been a success, but India is 70% market for cricket revenues. Other boards will have much harder time. Also, the national board maintains calender so there is no conflict, but a 3rd party tournament will create conflict of interest who is paid much more playing tournaments like ICL. So ICC implied, as long as that country board allows it, its okey, but if it does not allow, its illegal to play in those tournaments.

Pakistan board banned its players based on that, and now awaiting clarification from ICC on this. If ICC has no problem, then PCB will lift the ban and many other countries, including Bangladesh may follow. But untill its clear, boards can not risk breaking ICC policy.

Agreed...
Old February 4, 2009, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

beofre icl/ipl..what was it? county cricket! right? players from different countries go to england, and play county their....they still use their board's facilities...but now, only few percent of in'tl players are interested about county....players now look for icl/ipl.......if ecb had problems with county league...so u gonna ban the county? i don't think so....the only decision maker is icc...if they say yes, then it's yes, if they say no, then it's no..if ecb did that, then other players from other could play county, but the players from england couldn't play county.....so bcci banned icl, that means only indians players can't play icl, if they play, they will be banned....players from other countries will not be banned, because they are not the part of bcci....icc is the main controller of all the cricket boards...it's like u can ban ur own country players, but u can't ban other foreign players....u don't have rights to do that...icc does
Old February 4, 2009, 08:54 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
beofre icl/ipl..what was it? county cricket! right? players from different countries go to england, and play county their....they still use their board's facilities...but now, only few percent of in'tl players are interested about county....players now look for icl/ipl.......if ecb had problems with county league...so u gonna ban the county? i don't think so....the only decision maker is icc...if they say yes, then it's yes, if they say no, then it's no..if ecb did that, then other players from other could play county, but the players from england couldn't play county.....so bcci banned icl, that means only indians players can't play icl, if they play, they will be banned....players from other countries will not be banned, because they are not the part of bcci....icc is the main controller of all the cricket boards...it's like u can ban ur own country players, but u can't ban other foreign players....u don't have rights to do that...icc does
County is a tournament approved by ECB, thus ICC, and it requires you to get clearance from your board to play. So there is no conflict. If any board feels the player will be needed in the national team, they either does not give the clearance or allow them to play few matches.

Players going to ICL do not have the clearance. None never had.
Old February 4, 2009, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
County is a tournament approved by ECB, thus ICC, and it requires you to get clearance from your board to play. So there is no conflict. If any board feels the player will be needed in the national team, they either does not give the clearance or allow them to play few matches.

by that logic, any players under contract by their respective boards could not play for their local club.
Old February 4, 2009, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

now u'r on the right track...........

ICL is not approved by bcci, but approved by icc...thus means if indian players play in icl, then they will be banned by bcci, but in case of foreign players, the decision taker is icc..not bcci...so whether it's approved by icc, foreign players can't be banned...now, 14-17 players can play for an icl team..so that doesn't mean tht all the bangladeshi players are gonna look for icl...if board feels the player will be needed in the national team, then that icl player will be replaced by another player who is not in the national team...if u think in a county formula...u will see the same result.....again, the main decision taker is icc, not bcci...icc has the power to ban foriegn players, not bcci....
Old February 3, 2009, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

In the long term and the broader picture this is obviously hurting Bangladeshi cricket. Domestic cricket is much much weaker. Most of the players in the current team don't have any back-ups. If someone gets injured or has a horrific slump in form we will have to call a new player who most likely isn't ready for International cricket. ''A'' team will be much weaker and so will the Academy. Plus if we have them back no one will take their places for granted and will always be under pressure to perform. Two of the players can be potential captaincy options. Bashar and Rafique can perform mentoring roles. All in all Bangladesh cricket is basically cutting itself by continuing this idiotic ban to please someone else. It has no benefits for us.
Old February 3, 2009, 05:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
... i think ICL helps the players play more aggresivley so i think it helps the players in the shorter versions of the game.
And that is why I dislike ICL and IPL. How much more aggressive players you guys want in BD national team? Now we are crossing 120. Soon with all boom boom type players that will be 50 all out team or one session team in test.

By the way, IMO, this thread needs to be redirected to another Sub-forum.
Old February 4, 2009, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
And that is why I dislike ICL and IPL. How much more aggressive players you guys want in BD national team? Now we are crossing 120. Soon with all boom boom type players that will be 50 all out team or one session team in test.

in 50/50 overs they can get more time to settle in but when they need to attack they will be better at doing so.

Alok kaplai improved his batting alot in ICL and his shots were not slogs. he played well timed shots. he can played well timed shots in 50 over games, he doesnt have to slog
Old February 4, 2009, 12:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Quote:

in 50/50 overs they can get more time to settle in but when they need to attack they will be better at doing so.

Alok kaplai improved his batting alot in ICL and his shots were not slogs. he played well timed shots. he can played well timed shots in 50 over games, he doesnt have to slog
I don't what you meant by saying all that and quoting me but in any form you are suggesting T20 allows batsmen to laern real cricket then ...

And who really cares about T20 and 50/50? We get to play other nations because of our TEST STATUS. We get all the money from ICC, sponsors because of our TEST STATUS. We are here discussing ab-jab because of our TEST STATUS. You guys still don't get it? T20 allows batsmen to skip all the technic and go for all or go broke. Gambling is bad. T20 batting is gambling for our players who don't know the basic of being patience.
OUT OF HOW MANY TEST???
We have only one win to show for against a weak Zim team and how proud are you for that?

We have one genuine draw against WI to show for how proud are you for that?

Test is everything. Our online board, our BCB, our dream, our stadiums, our everything. Don't promote something that will delay our learning to be a better test nation. 80% members here would trade all the ODI winnings for that one test win against Australia or South Africa. By fluke or because of opponents not feeling that a weaker team (associate) can beat a stronger team (test) in ODIs or T20.

Winning test is no fluke. That seperates men from the boys. That means you have arrived.
Old February 4, 2009, 07:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
I don't what you meant by saying all that and quoting me but in any form you are suggesting T20 allows batsmen to laern real cricket then ...

And who really cares about T20 and 50/50? We get to play other nations because of our TEST STATUS. We get all the money from ICC, sponsors because of our TEST STATUS. We are here discussing ab-jab because of our TEST STATUS. You guys still don't get it? T20 allows batsmen to skip all the technic and go for all or go broke. Gambling is bad. T20 batting is gambling for our players who don't know the basic of being patience.
OUT OF HOW MANY TEST???
We have only one win to show for against a weak Zim team and how proud are you for that?

We have one genuine draw against WI to show for how proud are you for that?

Test is everything. Our online board, our BCB, our dream, our stadiums, our everything. Don't promote something that will delay our learning to be a better test nation. 80% members here would trade all the ODI winnings for that one test win against Australia or South Africa. By fluke or because of opponents not feeling that a weaker team (associate) can beat a stronger team (test) in ODIs or T20.

Winning test is no fluke. That seperates men from the boys. That means you have arrived.
shabash. nice analysis
Old February 3, 2009, 05:54 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

No it doesn't Tiger's Eye. It has every right to be in the BD section. We are not talking of some foreign players here, we are talking about players that has represented BD and will represent BD in the future. It has everything to do with Bangladesh cricket.
Old February 3, 2009, 08:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
No it doesn't Tiger's Eye. It has every right to be in the BD section. We are not talking of some foreign players here, we are talking about players that has represented BD and will represent BD in the future. It has everything to do with Bangladesh cricket.
That is your opinion.

After all we are talking about ICL players, correct? We have ICL Sub-forum. Then what is the use of having that? Instead of trying to get more hits, simply answer the question and you will know if the thread belongs here or not.
Old February 3, 2009, 09:05 PM
Test Cricketer

money talks here.. if BCB can't make any money from ICL why would they bother? those players had damn good reason to leave their country and again it was about money.. you tell me why we're so poor? when you have big family to support and you're out of form... that could be real disaster...
Old February 3, 2009, 05:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

is this poll going to BCB?
Old February 3, 2009, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

c'mooon! it's so easy just to point at them saying 'rajakar'; did anyone see what the reasons were? We guys, eating in dad's hotel 7 times a day, having a life of princes, do most of us who're talking think of anything else; but those people? they've got loads of things to think about, financial stuff, their future and things....just the emotion of playing for BD isn't going to be enough for them to survive, ....you might say wat abt the rest of the players? well, they didn't; maybe bcoz their situations wer different...c'mon letz not think one dimensionally

Last edited by Purbasha T; February 3, 2009 at 07:58 PM..
Old February 3, 2009, 08:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Although we don't feel the difference
i would still say we lost players like AFTAB...NAZIMUDDIN...ALOK...MOSHARRAF and in Some extent SHAHREER NAFIS and DHIMAN.