facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur be stripped of captaincy?
Yes 61 42.07%
No 71 48.97%
Don't know 13 8.97%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 22, 2014, 06:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

What are the signs of a good captain in cricket?

• Hunger for the victory.
  • Leading from the front.
  • Installing killer instinct in the team.
  • Ability to take critical decisions.
  • When the game is 50/50, having the ability is make victory out of it by putting enough pressure on the opponent.
  • When the team is under too much pressure, bringing the team out of it by gambling with logical intuition.
  • Being accountable and taking responsibility of the performance of the team.
  • Giving shelters to the team-mates in the public.
  • Good man management.
The list can go on and on.

Unfortunately I don't see Mushy having any other these criterion except "Leading from the front".

Old March 22, 2014, 09:55 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

as much as i want musfik to get striped of captaincy we have some points to think about:-

1. Without shakib there is nobody in this team atm who can replace him, Shakib is still not ready to be captain of a team. he is still arrogant and hot headed, remember how he behaved when he was captain and see what he did just weeks ago to get banned.

2. Mushfik doesn't look like a guy who is arrogant and doesn't listen to others. i am sure the on field decisions are not his only(i might be wrong). so getting a new captain might not help if mushy is listening to his senior players(i.e Shakib) about bowling rotation and field placing
Old March 22, 2014, 04:02 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I think Herr Capitan should be required to read Bradman's farewell to cricket, Brearley's art of captaincy, and this article by Warne.
Old March 22, 2014, 06:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

i think BCB needs to hire a hand to teach mushfiqur the art of captaincy...if you have batting, bowling and fielding coaches then why not have a leadership coach?
Old March 22, 2014, 08:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
as much as i want musfik to get striped of captaincy we have some points to think about:-

1. Without shakib there is nobody in this team atm who can replace him, Shakib is still not ready to be captain of a team. he is still arrogant and hot headed, remember how he behaved when he was captain and see what he did just weeks ago to get banned.

2. Mushfik doesn't look like a guy who is arrogant and doesn't listen to others. i am sure the on field decisions are not his only(i might be wrong). so getting a new captain might not help if mushy is listening to his senior players(i.e Shakib) about bowling rotation and field placing
In your sig, can you list under which skipper we lost to whom, I think Rahim leads that.
Old March 22, 2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
In your sig, can you list under which skipper we lost to whom, I think Rahim leads that.
1st 3 is in bashar's term..ireland also beat us in ash and mushfik's term..after that its all mushfik

there's a reason why we compare HaBa with Choto Gadha
Old March 22, 2014, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

BCB should look for a good head coach. That should solve lot of captaincy problems. Even if you give the best bowling lineup the coach and captain won't know how to use them. Don't forget National Team led by Jurgensen actually got whitewashed by our A team in December. That's how poor the current head coach is. He just don't know how to make a dynamic gameplan. There was a reason he was let go from Newzealand bowling coaching job.
Old March 22, 2014, 11:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Before getting fixated on coaches again, BCB needs to reassess which players are truly coachable, and have what it takes to work hard on their own.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 23, 2014, 01:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

A lot of us can agree that we will have more respect for Mushfiqur if he focuses on his batting. This captaincy thing is just smearing his performance. I can look past his wicket keeping ability, he's not that bad, despite high factor, he took a good catch last game. His stumping is decent. But if anything, his complacency, and favoritism, is just hindering us from seeing the potential in this guy. He does have a good work ethic and did improve his batting by a margin. Feel bad for him that his captaincy is just as crap as Razzak's bowling. This captaincy thing has turned out to be like a venom, slowly destroying him. Even if he performs well with the bat in the coming games, we will all complain cuz he couldn't do anything to win the game.
Old March 23, 2014, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I honestly think Bangladesh needs to have a different captain for atleast the T20 format. Mushfique's defensive mindset might be good for some format but not T20, where he needs to be proactive like the Afghanistan game. I would give someone else a shot. Don't know why selectors don't have the slightest brain to try this method, I would give someone like Tamim/Shakib the captaincy. I think they will turn this team into a more competitive unit also the power struggle won't be there as everyone is happy in a way.
Old March 23, 2014, 03:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

please, no tamim. shakib is the one to move this team forward.
Old March 23, 2014, 11:02 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I think we might have to suffer a while longer and hope that one of the youngsters have the brains to be a good captain. Mushfiqur does not have what it takes.
Old March 23, 2014, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Before getting fixated on coaches again, BCB needs to reassess which players are truly coachable, and have what it takes to work hard on their own.
this
Old March 23, 2014, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
1st 3 is in bashar's term..ireland also beat us in ash and mushfik's term..after that its all mushfik

there's a reason why we compare HaBa with Choto Gadha
We never lost under Shakib's term?
Old March 23, 2014, 03:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Shakib should be our flag bearer and lead the team with Mominul, Anamul, Shamsur, Taskin, Taijul, Al Amin and all these young guys.
Old March 23, 2014, 04:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, mushy

Damn U R not dropping players because of 'manobik' reason. R U for real?
Old March 23, 2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
We never lost under Shakib's term?
yes i think shakib never lost to associates, and one of the 3 Ireland losses came in Mash's term not Mushfiks..and one of two losses vs the dutch also came in mash's term other in mushfik's term..my bad

after gaining test status BD have lost 10 matches vs associates out of 37..so there is always close to 30% chance of BD losing

this is why associates target us
Old March 23, 2014, 08:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Watching Hafeez's captaincy broke my heart. ..Is it tok much to ask for a captain like him?
Old March 23, 2014, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Watching Hafeez's captaincy broke my heart. ..Is it tok much to ask for a captain like him?
What'd he do? Rotating bowlers and applying pressure on the Aussies just when they were about to win?
Old March 23, 2014, 11:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Hafeez did the basics right. Nothing extra ordinary

Mushfiqur needs to get the basics right

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 23, 2014, 11:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

So, for some god freaking reason if we win against the WIndies, will this discussion get withheld as now the skipper will deserve a pat on the back for job well done.
Old March 24, 2014, 02:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Hafeez did the basics right. Nothing extra ordinary

Mushfiqur needs to get the basics right

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
That won't happen until we can get the right coach for this team. Mushy will make the same mistakes and the coach won't have any reaction and will watch all the games from the dressing room...

If it was mustafa kamal he would have interfered by now and put a stop to this stupidity and ineptness!
Old March 24, 2014, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Well then how come we did not see this bizarre form of stupidity in BPL or domestics where the same set of players were playing under various coaches. I don't recall this kind of out of control body language or coaching issue during Siddons or whatmore. If a player is not coachable or don't listen to the coach, them the coach should and must drop him. If Razzak is no longer coachable then bring in Taijul, Sunny, enamul...heck bring in as many players you want and pick the one who is most suitable. It is coaches job to prepare a team and have the bench ready. But this coach hardly spends any time with this team, he never worked on creating a backup team. Hence his team got whitewashed by the A team, remember...he got fired by the NZ team for a good reason and now you see why. A hardworking, passionate, experienced coach can make a huge difference even with the exact same set of players while having a backup team ready. Give this very team to a domestic team coach and I bet he will bring better results...I never seen these issues among BPL teams...
Old March 24, 2014, 03:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Well then how come we did not see this bizarre form of stupidity in BPL or domestics where the same set of players were playing under various coaches. I don't recall this kind of out of control body language or coaching issue during Siddons or whatmore. If a player is not coachable or don't listen to the coach, them the coach should and must drop him. If Razzak is no longer coachable then bring in Taijul, Sunny, enamul...heck bring in as many players you want and pick the one who is most suitable. It is coaches job to prepare a team and have the bench ready. But this coach hardly spends any time with this team, he never worked on creating a backup team. Hence his team got whitewashed by the A team, remember...he got fired by the NZ team for a good reason and now you see why. A hardworking, passionate, experienced coach can make a huge difference even with the exact same set of players while having a backup team ready. Give this very team to a domestic team coach and I bet he will bring better results...I never seen these issues among BPL teams...
i agree coaches can make a big difference but at the same time it also comes down to how much the player cares. those who have that internal motivation to push themselves and that have the desire to be the best tend to become the best because well, that's the correct attitude to have if you want to succeed. players that say i want to be the best but don't implement anything to achieve that or implement something at a minimal or average level don't really want it, they're in denial if they think they do.

if the talent is there and they want to be the best then they will be because they'll do what it takes to achieve that level and yes coaches make a difference but if the mentality is there to be the best then the coach is going to have more of an impact with the technical things so the mental side of it as much of an issue.

put it this way, do you think guys like tendulkar, ponting, bradman, kallis, marshall, warne, murali etc wouldn't have made it as great players if they had had different coaches or average coaches? i don't believe so, i think they would have made it anyway because they had the right attitude and motivation within themselves.
Old March 24, 2014, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
What'd he do? Rotating bowlers and applying pressure on the Aussies just when they were about to win?
What did Hafeez do right? Let's see

- He rotated bowlers, he took out his best bowlers when they were going for runs but brought them back at crucial times, never losing faith on them.

- Once a fielder was not running hard, he urged them to run harder, it was the attitude he showed when he communicated that message. He was forceful but he wasn't rude. He urged them, spurred them on, encouraged them.

- Most important of all, he was talking to the bowler ball after ball, reminding them the field that was set, the line he wants the bowler to ball. He constantly encouraged them. It was so good to see. It was his captaincy that won the match, period!

- He was proactive, he was calm and confident. He never for a moment put his head down, he didn't swear at anybody, even as Kamran Akmal let down catches he didn't scream at him and knew that would lower the morale of the team.

I don't know where to begin or end, just the fact that I was heart broken to not see a captain like that in our side ever. Mind you, Hafeez is not even one of the greats! But, we have not even come close to a captain like that. Don't we deserve someone who believes in the team?