facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 21, 2014, 08:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The Pens rally from a 1-3 deficit to beat the BJs 4-3 in regulation. Wonderful display of resilience and character. I wonder if the feisty thugs from Ohio can bounce back from this morale crushing defeat.

Goalie duel in progress in MInny at 0-0, and the Hawks are leading the Blues 1-0 after Miller let in a soft goal.

Varlamov has been way better than Bobrovsky as excellent Russian goaltenders go. 44 saves, 0 conceded after three periods of playoff hockey.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old April 22, 2014, 12:03 AM
Cricket Savant

What a night for goalies! Outstanding shutouts from Lehtonen and Crawford to deliver wins in must-win games for Dallas and Chicago. Great game from Varlamov in a losing effort, but did he ever keep the Avs in the game. Koivu and Granlund were something else tonight. Impressive defensive play from Brodin and Hejda.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 22, 2014, 12:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Babcock on his message to Smith about challenging Chara:-

Quote:
You walk into the bar and there's this beautiful young gal standing next to this 6-foot-5 monster, who you know makes his living fighting for a living and you're the best pool player in the bar. Are you going to play pool or are you going to fight?
Old April 22, 2014, 03:22 AM
Cricket Savant

As this series progresses, one begins to get just why so many teams in the East hate the Bruins so much. No, "envy" has nothing to do with it. If you're not playing them, they're sort of the admirable, big, physical team that turns out to be a bunch of really big, really mean Iginla-Lucic-and-Marchand-style @$$holes when they actually play against your team. Julien, as good a coach as he is, shares and encourages their incessant thuggery, whining and double standards.

They like to beat you by beating you up; for a physical team, they're surprisingly vocal in their insistent that it's the other team that's playing dirty; and they generally know that, against Detroit, anyway, provoking the Wings is something they can get away with, especially against an 0-and-8 power play.

The Bruins may be the winning version of the team from the "center of the hockey universe" and the loser, crackhead culture surrounding it, but their behavior and utter lack of class simply cannot make them "winners" in anyone's book no matter how many regular season games they win in a conference featuring substandard and totally hopeless teams such as Asgard, Ottawa, Buffalo and Florida. These teams should thank the gods that there's no relegation in the NHL. No other way to preserve the Asgardian idiocy, delusions, xenophobia and panoramic retardation worthy of its arrogant, hostile, ignorant and douchey media. Call it bad karma, but I don't see Boston winning the Cup again anytime soon. Rask and Bergeron are great players and classy guys who need to leave Boston to touch another Cup they deserve.

Ruin the Bruins I say. Won't be easy, but can be done InshAllah!

Last edited by Sohel; April 22, 2014 at 06:10 AM..
Old April 22, 2014, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I still don't know how we won the game. I mean its not exactly the right recipe to be behind 1-3 and win ( exact same thing in game 1 ). But, they did it, and for the first time I can say that we really turned it on from second period on. It was an onslaught on Bob and when Pens are in sync and firing, they are a beautiful sight to see. And, we played playoff style. Cycled with speed, short crisp passing to enter the zone, dump it with speed if denied entry and retrieve, throw it back to point then screen the goalie. Only if they do it all the time. Total bi polar hockey team. 3 goals in 2 + min span just doesn't happen. BJ's sat too much on the lead and trapped us. But, in the process, they gave up the neutral zone and backed up too much, which let us in scott free with speed.

Both Dallas and Wild did what they had to do to stay relevant. I am so impressed with Avs squad. Man, they have some young studs and perfect coach in Roy to shape them ( just as we had with MT when our squad was young ).
Old April 22, 2014, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

I have been saying this very exact thing about the Bruins for a long time. They have adopted the perfect victim mentality. Its always somebody else, but if you do it to them what they do to you, its dirty. If its them- its just hockey. They have a legion of reporters who are programmed the exact same way. The whole Thornton-Orpik saga was unbearable. What Thornton did was assault on an unsuspecting individual. You would be in jail if you did that on street. Orpik's fault- He refused to fight after the hit on Erricson ( which was clean- no penalty , never left his skates, shoulder to the upper body ). In fact they were saying, had he fought, this would not have happened! From the same game, Neal kneed Marchand ( who is a despicable being ) and Disco blamed Neal for being irresponsible. Anyway..crush those guys tonight. Go Wings !!

I am in shock of what has happened to Quick and L A. If they don't get a win today, they will get swept. SJ is a force. Equally shocked by Habs - Bolts series. Habs are a good team with great structure-speed-skill. Total darkhorse.

Philly-Rangers will go the distance. Game 7 coming !
Old April 22, 2014, 08:02 PM
Cricket Savant

We're being outplayed, outclassed and schooled by a vastly superior team. Talk about being exposed! They haven't allowed us to skate and get going yet. Our pitifully small number of shots on goal are being handled by Rask easily. This series will end in 5 if we continue to "play" the way we are
Old April 22, 2014, 08:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Finally we're generating some sort of offense although not threatening enough to trouble Rask or the exceptional defensive structure in front of him. The Bruins have gotten to Smith and it shows in his shaky, erratic plays. He's playing like the top assist scorer for the opposition.
Old April 22, 2014, 08:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Bowman as HC/GM/De Facto GM always found the right pieces of the puzzle. Shanahan and Larry Murphy, or Hull and Chelios for example. Even the 2008 team had Rafalski. Who do we have now? Quincey, Bertuzzi, Legwand, Alfie, Samuelsson, Tootoo and Weiss!

This type of mismanagement simply isn't fair to an amazing coach like Babcock.
Old April 22, 2014, 09:26 PM
Cricket Savant

We've got to find a way to play three competitive periods of hockey and beat Rask. Phenomenal goalie playing as well as Lundqvist ATM. If we can't beat him, the Bruins will continue to own us. Every match is a do-or-die match for us at this point, now that we've give home ice right back to Boston. Can we be more poised than our opponents in the next game and win? I'll never root against my team although it'll be all heart and very little mind.
Old April 22, 2014, 09:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Los Tiburones de San Jose put another one past Quick to take an early lead in LA. Their PP looks scary. Habs complete the only sweep of the first round against Tampa, still recovering from the loss of #s 4 and 26. Bishop's absence also tuned out to be a major factor.
Old April 22, 2014, 09:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I have been saying this very exact thing about the Bruins for a long time. They have adopted the perfect victim mentality. Its always somebody else, but if you do it to them what they do to you, its dirty. If its them- its just hockey. They have a legion of reporters who are programmed the exact same way. The whole Thornton-Orpik saga was unbearable. What Thornton did was assault on an unsuspecting individual. You would be in jail if you did that on street. Orpik's fault- He refused to fight after the hit on Erricson ( which was clean- no penalty , never left his skates, shoulder to the upper body ). In fact they were saying, had he fought, this would not have happened! From the same game, Neal kneed Marchand ( who is a despicable being ) and Disco blamed Neal for being irresponsible. Anyway..crush those guys tonight. Go Wings !!
It's baffling really. Other than the unnecessary BS, they're a well-coached and drilled team that consistently epitomizes unit cohesion more than any other team in the league. No need for any of the thuggery, whining and hypocrisy that I can see. Kinda like the Argentinian soccer team. No need to dive and cheat but they do it anyway! I suppose they've not been able to recover their class ever since Bobby Orr retired or Ray Bourque moved to the Avs to win his Cup.
Old April 22, 2014, 10:06 PM
Cricket Savant

This Sharks team reminds me of the Kings team from two years ago, minus the seeding of course. Big, fast, first to the loose puck, scoring from good chances created by 3-zone teamwork, and being backstopped by a tremendous goalie. 1-0 Northern Cali after 1.

Boston media has already started to rub it in. Can't say we don't deserve it after tonight's awful effort. I still believe this Red Wings team has some heart left in it and has some players who will be just as angry and upset and humiliated by the loss as we feel.

That, and it's human nature to look ahead -- and that makes the Wings quite dangerous to another team that is not themselves. Oh the stories we tell ourselves to keep hope alive! Not much else to fall back on when Rask is behind that exceptional defense of theirs, ready to stop everything and making it all look easy.
Old April 22, 2014, 10:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Strong comeback in the second as Gaborik finally decides to play. He's a streaky player and the Sharks better pray that this isn't the beginning of a hot streak.

Wonderful deflection from Cali player Nieto! 2-2 Sharks just about a minute after Gaborik put LA ahead. What a fierce game this has been!
Old April 22, 2014, 11:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Wonderful game 3 in Cali going into OT.
Old April 23, 2014, 12:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Sharks win in OT against the tide. Incredible pressure from the Kings stonewalled by Niemi after Quick did the same for the Kings in the third. Sharks in 5 max.
Old April 23, 2014, 02:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Babcock's postgame presser:-

Old April 23, 2014, 02:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Postgame presser from Kronwall, our stand-in captain and undisputed leader in the locker room:-

Old April 23, 2014, 02:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Postgame presser from two leaders of the future:-

DeKeyser

Sheahan

Looking at all the postgame pressers I've posted here, I'm still moved by witnessing no shortage of class. Never ceases to amaze me that only the names have changed over the years. This is the way we were even during what the Asgardians popularized as the "Dead Things" years. I just love the Red Wings for so many reasons.

An overly enthusiastic novice to the game and its deeply resonant culture, I became a fan of the Winged Wheel during the 80-81 season. We sucked and the Asgardians took it upon themselves to remind us of our reality 24/7/365 since 1956 in the meanest, most xenophobic, aggressive and malicious ways possible. We'd lose but blame nobody but ourselves. We'd do exactly the same during the Yzerman and Lidstrom eras of greatness. Always self-critical and true, always respectful of the opponent's credit, always humble, always patient and always grateful to play for the people and city of Detroit. That's what I call true class from guys who are not allowed to forget where they've come from. I cannot help but admire and love my team.
Old April 23, 2014, 09:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
It's baffling really. Other than the unnecessary BS, they're a well-coached and drilled team that consistently epitomizes unit cohesion more than any other team in the league. No need for any of the thuggery, whining and hypocrisy that I can see. Kinda like the Argentinian soccer team. No need to dive and cheat but they do it anyway! I suppose they've not been able to recover their class ever since Bobby Orr retired or Ray Bourque moved to the Avs to win his Cup.
There is no question about how great of a team they are. And, they play together as a unit. All four lines play the way they are supposed to in their capacity. Defense is great. Forwards backcheck and help out. And, Rask is top notch. So, its very difficult to beat them. Its a tall task ahead for Wings. That said only task ahead is to take Game 4. I saw some of the game and highlights. I thought Howard could have done better on the first goal, and the second goal Wings got caught in the line change. Once they have the lead, its almost impossible to beat them. We know the feeling.
Old April 23, 2014, 09:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Rangers continue to play well against the Flyers. Another great win for them. There is something about this Rangers team. AV should get kudos for Jack Adams. After that start to the season, when they spent a month on the road, and then for players to buy into his new system and execute is tremendous. Flyers start thugging when the game is out of hand. Its in their DNA. Priceless to see Carcillo interaction with Philly fan and his two handed salute. Lol. Always liked Carcillo as a fourth liner. Pens should have kept him after drafting him.

Habs are on a roll. They have such speedy wingers. Briere is a playoff guy. Marleau is another good playoff player. Always scores. Kings looked totally outmatched in speed dept. They are toast.

Game 4 for Pens tonight. It will be interesting to see which Pens team show up tonight. The one that coasts for half a period or the other one that wakes up after half a period ? Pens should not let a young upcoming inexperienced team come back and get momentum back in the series. But, they do and I won't be surprised if its tied 2-2 after tonight.
Old April 23, 2014, 01:22 PM
Cricket Guru

: : Teemu Selane a healthy scratch ! WOW! Takes enormous ba**s to scratch a future HOF. Disco won't even scratch Adams- his favorite pet and the worst skater/PK guy/ hockey player in all of 30 teams.

: : Zetterberg practiced But Datsyuk and Kronwall were excused as their wives are giving birth ! I was just listening to radio and a local sports shock jock followed by this : " Poor timing to give birth during playoffs, unless you are procreating with a Leaf player"...LOL.Thought is was funny.
Old April 23, 2014, 02:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Yep, we gave them two early goals and it's tough to come back from that against the Boston Bruins especially when they prevent you from playing your game the first 35 minutes! They were clearly the better team in game 3 but I have no doubt we'll bounce back strong in game 4 InshAllah. Gotta screen Rask to get pucks past him and in the back of the net, as simple as that.

Zetterberg will skate tomorrow morning, talk to the doctors and if good to go, may play tomorrow night. Xavier Ouellet, one of our top defensive prospects practiced with the team.

Rooting for the Pens, Stars and the Blues tonight.
Old April 24, 2014, 01:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Man, what a heartbreaking loss for the Pens! OT losses are always heartbreaking but losing after a 3-0 lead is simply too much. Four unanswered goals to tie the series at two a piece! Fleury should've had it. No doubt this was a major morale boost for the BJs but I'm not sure they have what it takes to win the series. They may push it to 7 games but I don't see them winning.

Four unanswered goals and a comeback in Dallas also! I expected the Stars to win and they did to tie the series at two. They're a feisty team capable of upsetting the Ducks and I won't be surprised when they do. Benn is a fine young player and Lehtonen is hard to beat. I said it before and I'll say it again, Dallas in 7.

Another battle in the Midwest and Chicago holds at home. Great comeback for the Blues down 0-2 before Tarasenko gave them the lead for a few minutes. Chicago dug deep and forced OT a few minutes later before Kane simply dissected the Blues D and Miller to deliver a memorable win. As I predicted before, Blues in 7.
Old April 24, 2014, 01:44 AM
Cricket Savant

The Boston press thinks it's over but we think not. A must win game for us at the Joe, a place where being over-amped spells defeat. The formula is simple enough:-

1) Pay attention to details and execute, so that they cannot box us out and take the middle of the ice away from us.

2) Enter with speed, screen Rask, and pepper him with high velocity shots.

3) Eliminate defensive turnovers and help Howard put together a .930+ performance.

LGRW!