facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: What is your opinion?
Yes, it has been a blessing in disguise 13 56.52%
No, Pakistani players are important for our future. 3 13.04%
Neutral 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 22, 2013, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Pakistani Players no longer playing in our leagues. Blessing in disguise for us?

The title says it all.

I remember a time when 3-4 of Pakistanis would occupy the foreign player quota among the big teams in the past so at point of time, it became monotonous. Our leagues were basically a Bangladesh-Pakistan friendship league.

Now that these players are no longer available, clubs have been FORCED to pick out players from other nations. Lankans, Zimbabwe players, Afghans, and few others which is only better for our league because it provides variety. The same way a good meal consist of a wide variety of dishes. This also creates an environment where our players are able to mix with players of different races. The case is applicable for both BPL and DPL.

Old September 22, 2013, 09:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

I don't think so. Pakistan players brought quality along with them. At one time legends like Wasim Akram played in the league and Mohammad Yusuf. Younger players can learn a lot from them even unknown paki players are stronger than all these unknown players from other countries.

I m not some blind follower of Pakistani cricket and nor do I support that team but the fact is they brought quality. I mean just look at the previous league records paki players would almost always occupy ghe top spots which would make our player strive to better their own records as their ego gets hurt too.
Old September 22, 2013, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Some Pakistani players are Zombie. One paki batsman peed beside sight screen while batting. Sometimes they pollute environment. To me this is blessing in disguise.
Old September 22, 2013, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Now it became bangla-lanka league, and only 5-6 players outside sl is playing as far i know. so its no difference rather players like raja from zim and so are doing no good and learning all the tricks about our bowlers and getting habituated with the situation. If they could have brought players from SA/WI/Eng it would have been different. I don't think its a blessing in any way.
Old September 22, 2013, 11:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

on the other hand, zim, sl national players are getting accustomed to our condition.....
Old September 22, 2013, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
I don't think so. Pakistan players brought quality along with them. At one time legends like Wasim Akram played in the league and Mohammad Yusuf. Younger players can learn a lot from them even unknown paki players are stronger than all these unknown players from other countries.

I m not some blind follower of Pakistani cricket and nor do I support that team but the fact is they brought quality. I mean just look at the previous league records paki players would almost always occupy ghe top spots which would make our player strive to better their own records as their ego gets hurt too.
But these are not the same quality players as they were in the past. Even deluded people will say that Pakistan players these days Pakistan are quite ordinary
Old September 22, 2013, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

This is a total disaster for our cricket.
ZIM, AFG players are getting used our conditions, batting, bowling everything.
We are already behind ZIM in test ranking. At least we had chance to beat them at home, now all of them will BEAT us in our own backyard!

Missing out PAK players has not been blessing in disguise, it's a curse in disguise. And it's all Lotta/Papons fault.

I can't believe people forgot how BPL 2 flopped revenue wise due to the absence of PAK players. I firmly believe we need players from PAK.
Old September 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

And that's one more reason Saber needs to come back so that he can amend relationship with all cricket board, primarily PCB. Papon is nothing but disaster. He is clueless how to play cricket politics. Under him it won't be too long before he destroys relationship with every board and lose our test status in the process. We will be then playing with china and Malaysia as friendship cricket.
Old September 22, 2013, 02:00 PM
Street Cricketer

I agree on this
Old September 22, 2013, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
This is a total disaster for our cricket.
ZIM, AFG players are getting used our conditions, batting, bowling everything.
We are already behind ZIM in test ranking. At least we had chance to beat them at home, now all of them will BEAT us in our own backyard!

Missing out PAK players has not been blessing in disguise, it's a curse in disguise. And it's all Lotta/Papons fault.

I can't believe people forgot how BPL 2 flopped revenue wise due to the absence of PAK players. I firmly believe we need players from PAK.
I agree that BPL 2 was flop due to absence of Pakistan players but this idea of ZIM-AFG getting used to our conditions really bothering us? Its only 3-4 players to begin with and if we cant beat these 2 teams in our home conditions we should stick to playing ludu, since then we would suck in every sport not that we dont suck in cricket just that we suck less at it.
Old September 22, 2013, 08:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

We don't need them to survive.
Old September 22, 2013, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

^

on the other hand their players are missing out on good money. Average players in Pakistan domestic circuit earns not more than 50K pakistan rupees. PCB should put their ego aside and let their players participate in our leagues, otherwise there are chances that many more players take the route of Azhar mahmood who currently owns a lot of money playing in IPL/BPL/FLT20 and is even participating in our dhaka league lol!
Old September 23, 2013, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Well, I'm what you call a Bengali neo-con , so yes, I enjoy immensely when we succeed at the expense of Pakistanis. From a cricketing point of view however, I don't know if their absence will help or harm us. I would like to believe it will help us.

Either ways, BPL aside, our players should always strive to get selected by other international club teams and not just depend on BPL for their only chance of international exposure.
Old September 25, 2013, 09:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Since PCB keeps acting daddy dom over BCB barring their players to attend here, not completely sure if it is "blessing in disguise", neither its beneficiary for our cricket or cricketing image. I hope after election things will change, or else I cant see much hope to warm up this brotherhood relation back in hug in near future. Maybe our most beloved ex-chief Lota could use some of his Pak-love skills here to fix this issue being a ICC chair person.
Old September 25, 2013, 11:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Pakistan players no ipl,no bangla cricket,where are they to go,some we're playing in kenyas' comp lol.
Old September 28, 2013, 04:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Like I said before, they're the ones that'll miss out more than us. I knew that we could get other players if Pakistanis decide not to come and turns that is what exactly happened. Sri Lankans, Afghans, and Zimbabweans have came back and they've been better IMO. A lot of the Pakistani players that came seemed to be average domestic players, although there were some national teamers that came as well. The SL, Zim and Afg OTOH have brought their best players and it's made the league still very competitive.

That being said, I hope they can mend the relationship with each other. They have a lot of quality players and can only make our league more competitive.
Old October 2, 2013, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

We got great players from AFG and ZIM, true.
But these teams are our main competitors.

We should have pursued players from second string West Indies, SA players at least as I think they are same quality or cost around the same...

PAK players are losing out for sure, but they won't be the national or A team players. We really need good relationship with PCB, it's important for our cricket.
Old October 5, 2013, 09:49 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I don't think it is either is blessing or disaster. There are pluses and minuses.