facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 28, 2003, 10:49 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default 98/6

We have done the impossible, again.

All hands, brace for impact.

A big humiliation coming up.

Old June 28, 2003, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

yeah I saw that poll on the home page this morning and decided not to vote yes if that counts for anything.

going just by crickinfo commentary, this looks like an ugly innings both ways - we have been swiping, edging, and mistiming as well as running poorly between the wickets. they have been dropping all sorts of catches. wonder if it is nerves - must be on our side as they can't remember the last time they won a match.

i think kapali should be man of the match if we win, although had he stuck around for a bit more it would have been more certain.

there's too many overs to panic, they just have to stay at the crease to win this match.
Old June 28, 2003, 11:22 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

un-freakin(excuse me)-believable

Queensland Academy of Sport Invitation 201 & 176
Bangladeshis 203/9d & 111/7 (54.0/84 ov)

How can you mess this up ?
Old June 28, 2003, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

maybe it comes from not wining enough to know how to win. the boys played horribly throughtout the innings if the text commentary is to be believed. only kapali and maybe mashud has looked composed.

i think sanwar was the last straw (why was he frustrated, he had only faced 26 balls). now we enter the familiar terrain of being statistically within reach of a good performance (in this case a victory) but knowing the team will fall short as usual. it will be truly incredible if they can still win this match despite the current adversity - then we will really know whatmore has been a positive influence. otherwise it's same old...
Old June 29, 2003, 12:16 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Bangladesh is 8 down now - Sujon out.

Pilot and Tapash are on the crease.
Old June 29, 2003, 01:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib
Default Down but not without a fight

Even though we lost I have to say this was one of the most exciting match I saw BD play. At 98/6 I thought it was practically over. But when we got to 138/8 and pilot was hitting boundaries it got pretty exciting. Other than Sanwar needlessly going for big shot, they all tried. I still think it could be a very different story with us winning by 3/4 wickets if Hannan did not make Ash run out. After Bashar we just needed two stable partnerships. We got one with Kapali-Hannan for 45. Ash could easily fill out the other and we only lost by 29 runs in the end. Since this was a practice match I feel this has been a good learning lesson. Of course the next practice matches will be a better benchmark to see if we improved. But I liked how the lower order just didnt give up.

Old June 29, 2003, 01:30 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Same'ol same'ol

As usual. we lost. So whats new? This probably was the one match we had any chance of winning. Rest of the matches in the tour are just out of our reach. We can't even beat an invitation xi! Oh, God please help us.

On another note, cricinfo seems to be extra sympathetic towards us. Heading reads, "Bangladesh lost narrowly..." Thats the most positive thing I saw from (wisden) cricinfo in a long time. Hope it stays like that.

[Edited on 29-6-2003 by nasif]
Old June 29, 2003, 04:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
I still think it could be a very different story with us winning by 3/4 wickets if Hannan did not make Ash run out
I haven't watched the game - just like none of you have but this is from the cricinfo commentator himself.

He said that it was Ashraful's own fault that he was run out. It could have been easy two... (Nascer can confirm that )

And as most of you have noticed, the running between wickets were awful! I am just wondering -what might have been the problem!

Perhaps it's Dave's overdoing of this "individual performance" thing! He has to set the message right! The players might be getting the wrong signal here!
Old June 29, 2003, 01:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Next match is against the KIDS of CBCA - if we can't beat them, shame on the batsmen. Our batsmen let us down ... not a ig surprise though. If yu look back at the world cup - it was a same thing ... the bowlers did well to bowl Canada under 200 and could have had Kenya under 200 if the fielding and bowling rotation were good. We completely blew it with our batting. So, nothing has changed.

Let e just say that I will not hold this match against Dav- nor will I hold any ther match in this series against him because he is NOT god. Our bowlers are doing what they are supposed to ... it's our batsmen who failed and will keep on doing so unless they start listening to their head -- and not their heart. Their heart is simply not there.