facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old May 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrina
Want more cricket pic. And need to know how i can post some Pic? I have some rare(?) pic want to share.
Aray apu, that's why we have the following thread:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=18497

As it mentions there, if you have some pics you wanna share, you can email them to us at submissions.banglacricket@gmail.com and I can put it up on my server for you to post the images.

If the images are already in a server, you can use the "Insert Image".

Old May 20, 2007, 06:44 AM
Street Cricketer

I think that BanglaCricket can have a link on how to bowl/or bat effectively in real life. It is good for the youngsters that are eager to learn how to play cricket in a professional way. It is only a suggestion but I think it is a good idea.
Old May 20, 2007, 07:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Good suggestion BanglaSele.
Old May 20, 2007, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Adding to BanglaSele's idea...we could have a link on cricketing skills where it will cover all of them like how to bat/bowl,proper captaincy and etc!!!!
Old May 20, 2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Adding to BanglaSele's idea...we could have a link on cricketing skills where it will cover all of them like how to bat/bowl,proper captaincy and etc!!!!
Go to the footer of our site. There is a section called useful links. Please suggest new and useful sites and that section may graduate from the footer to the header. Thanks.

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links |
Old May 20, 2007, 05:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

There are some vidoes on youtube about how to bat/ball and etc, the basics. It's meant for the american public so you can understand the pace of the lessons. Should still be good watch for youngstars.
Old May 24, 2007, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Why does it say BC -ites in the introduction title of the "get together" section. It should be BC-ans. Someone correct it please.
Old May 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think it should be BC-ers.
Old May 26, 2007, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Can we have a subforum or a sticky thread titled link and we could all get links to watch the game free online/PPV?? We could all share our links their and etc u know!!!Also can the mods/admins pls add the emoticons box and link for the Quick Post option??
Old May 26, 2007, 06:10 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Quote:
Can we have a subforum or a sticky thread titled link and we could all get links to watch the game free online/PPV?? We could all share our links their and etc u know!!!Also can the mods/admins pls add the emoticons box and link for the Quick Post option??
Unfortunately no, due to legal reasons.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old May 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Can ridiculous threads be deleted like :

Sakib should be dropped
Mashrafe should play as an opener.

Also, I have noticed that some of the new breed of members continually divert Match-threads to off-topic discussions such as their fantasies about a player or Dating , etc. Can the Mods please ban them or warn them.
Old May 26, 2007, 09:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Unfortunately no, due to legal reasons.
Awww but what about the emoticons for the quick post option?
Old May 26, 2007, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Zahid, whats with you about banning every one whos going little bit off from the typical bc members we had before the WC? this is test match. the match threads are boring without some kind of juice to it.
Old May 27, 2007, 07:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Zahid, whats with you about banning every one whos going little bit off from the typical bc members we had before the WC? this is test match. the match threads are boring without some kind of juice to it.
I am sure you will appreciate the fact that it wastes considerable amount of our time to read 5 or 10 pages on Match threads about other non-relevant stuff other than the Match or even Cricket!
Old May 27, 2007, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
I am sure you will appreciate the fact that it wastes considerable amount of our time to read 5 or 10 pages on Match threads about other non-relevant stuff other than the Match or even Cricket!
Yes, but a regular member should never bully other members in public by saying they should be banned, etc. Don't do it again.
Old May 27, 2007, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Yes, but a regular member should never bully other members in public by saying they should be banned, etc. Don't do it again.
What all this about bullying in BC???
Old May 27, 2007, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Yes. That's exactly how I feel.

Some members keep complaining about other members being this and that...come on guys, just live with it. The max you can do is ask them to not get into other discussions in match threads. And for the people who type in those funny languages, we were also kids, and that's their norm. The max you can do is request them to not do that just to keep it a mature forum.

I see that such requests have helped a few members already. Some of them are already showing great attitude and writing well. Kudos to those members.

While we're at it, I see a few members keep saying "you girls are good for cheerleading" or that "what do girls know about cricket". Such comments are downright sexist, and I would request members to stop commenting that way. In fact, posts such as these should be reported to admins and mods...coz they're of bad taste and discriminatory to someone's gender.
Old May 28, 2007, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
While we're at it, I see a few members keep saying "you girls are good for cheerleading" or that "what do girls know about cricket". Such comments are downright sexist, and I would request members to stop commenting that way. In fact, posts such as these should be reported to admins and mods...coz they're of bad taste and discriminatory to someone's gender.
Well said Kabir bhai. Maybe the forum rules should stress this facet of negative discrimination and condescension - not just to sex and gender, but also religious orientations, nationality, etc, to be outright unacceptable. -it would deal in a good way with mudslinging that goes on against and by some foreign members of the BC forum.

Current Rule A.1.4 says:
Quote:
A.1.4: Avoid posting about your personal hatred toward any country, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion and gender.

Last edited by ammark; May 28, 2007 at 03:34 AM..
Old May 31, 2007, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Awww but what about the emoticons for the quick post option?
seconded.
Old June 3, 2007, 12:23 AM

Referring to this thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=21857 and disturbed by the formatting on the signature, of a certain poster. Increasingly I've been noticing plenty of users, both new and not so new sporting colourful, variable sized and/or picture/emoticon inclusive signatures. I actually appreciate chinaman's stern no-tolerance policy now seeing these, and am raising the issue to the mods. Perhaps mods ought to give a warning to such posters. I'm also contemplating on being b*tch and reporting around posts/users who have distracting sigs.
Old June 3, 2007, 01:57 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Referring to this thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=21857 and disturbed by the formatting on the signature, of a certain poster. Increasingly I've been noticing plenty of users, both new and not so new sporting colourful, variable sized and/or picture/emoticon inclusive signatures. I actually appreciate chinaman's stern no-tolerance policy now seeing these, and am raising the issue to the mods. Perhaps mods ought to give a warning to such posters. I'm also contemplating on being b*tch and reporting around posts/users who have distracting sigs.
Policy has not changed. We might seem lenient on not so "in your face" signatures; but rules are still the same. This doesn't mean members should take it into their head and start with all sort of rubbish signature formatting.

Anyway, thanks ammark for notifying. Members are encouraged to use the report post button whenever they see kind of forum rule violation.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; June 3, 2007 at 02:02 AM..
Old June 3, 2007, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

No links were allowed in sigs for ordinary members,is this changing,because now I can see a lot,I believe there actually was a thread for member's personal sites.
Old June 4, 2007, 01:30 AM

Yikes, I'm becoming a suggestion box wh*re! Now to announce my intentions anyways. (warning: this post borders on being YAAP)

In a week's time, maybe we should do a poll on whether sticky-ing the Bangladesh breaking News thread on Forget Cricket is/was a good idea.

For the record, I liked it better when it kept getting bumped up. Was more attention-grabbing I guess. Lets see if I get used to the new sticky. And then howabout a poll?
Old June 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Hi I have noticed that recently quite a few people got banned and etc so I was thinking why doesn't BC create a subforum or something like that which will contain the name of people who got banned and why the guy/girl got banned.......this will give the guys who are likely to get banned a warning so they won't do what the people in the subforum did!!!I just had this in my mind so if you guys like it or have anyway of improving it then pls post your comments!!!
Old June 7, 2007, 03:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hi I have noticed that recently quite a few people got banned and etc so I was thinking why doesn't BC create a subforum or something like that which will contain the name of people who got banned and why the guy/girl got banned.......this will give the guys who are likely to get banned a warning so they won't do what the people in the subforum did!!!I just had this in my mind so if you guys like it or have anyway of improving it then pls post your comments!!!
That would serve the wrong perception that BC is a dictatorial site