facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 19, 2013, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Passport renewal in Bangladesh

A family member would like to get their passport renewed; it's the old handwritten passport, which expired only recently.

How do you go about getting the passport renewed? We got the renewal form from Agargaon. What do we do from here?

Old March 19, 2013, 05:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Passport office have appointed army to check the dalals who used to roam around. So, forget about having it in 2/3 days through the back door. Just fill up the form and go drop it (along with fees) in agargaon office. They will give you a day to take digital picture. After than you will receive another date to pick up the "machine readable" renewed passport. I guess it takes approx 15 days.
Old March 19, 2013, 05:56 AM
MLC World Series I

Get all the required documents and stand in the long queue which seems to extend for a km!
Old March 19, 2013, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonglababu
Passport office have appointed army to check the dalals who used to roam around.
The dalals are still there. A dalal asked for TEN thousand taka today, for a simple renewal. Gate er baire dalal ar dalal.

I don't want to pay bribes. I don't want to deal with dalals. I just want to get it done the way it would be done anywhere else in the world, but in Bangladesh, maybe that's a bit much to ask for.

Kichu na hoile onno channel dhorbo. Bhalo laage na ar ei deshe.
Old March 19, 2013, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
Get all the required documents and stand in the long queue which seems to extend for a km!
What I meant is could you possibly get it all done without using the dalals, or without asking a minister/state minister/secretary's intervention?

Dalal ar dalal passport office er char pashe. Applicants er cheye dalal beshi. Ei hoilo Bangladesh.
Old March 19, 2013, 01:30 PM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Manual form fill up na kore online e fill up kore otar print out attested kore niye jaben tahole er lomba line e darate hobena. Online er jonno alada room ase okhane line thake na temon. Parle bank draft aage kore niye jaben. Tahole khub taratari sob kisu hoye jabe.
Old March 19, 2013, 06:13 PM
Banned

Jonmo nibondhon certificate lagbey kintu!

Notun ain deshey
Old March 19, 2013, 11:35 PM
MLC World Series I

Oh and the birth certificate has to have a certain format, for example, when I submitted my 'original' birth certificate unlike many others, they were like, "Our system doesn't support this serial number on the certificate. Go get another one" And I stood there stunned for sometime.