facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 15, 2006, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Well done boys. After zimbabwe tour, I was kinda worried about this Kenya series eventhough I know we are way better than them. Forhad and Sakib performed really well but the man of the tournament was definately Mashrafee. What a comeback. He showed a lot of character. Top order batting still worries me but hey, lets celebrate for now.

Old August 15, 2006, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Congrats for the win. But loosing 4 wickets to get 100 odd runs is not good. We should have won it by 9 wickets or 10.
because still transitional generation occupy the top slots. The way these two new kids play may clear some reservation of those who think they are not ready yet. They may be(not) need another 1-2 yr before facing the fire, but still better than the present lot. It would be interesting if BCB arrange a match with McInness kid againest rest of Bangladesh. national team might win at the end because of better fire power of national team

Last edited by thebest; August 15, 2006 at 08:46 AM..
Old August 15, 2006, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Guys.. I really would love to see our team in next two years with the following lineups for ODI:

Shahriyar
Mahrab Jr.
Aftab (Bashar in Test)
Asharaful
Sakib
Reza
Mushfiq
Rafiq
Mashrafee
Rajib
Razzak / Rasel

I still opting for Aftab and AShraful. Simply beacuase, they both are classy players and we just need to see them getting consisitent. Ashraful, even though, he is so much unreliable, I would still pick him.. coz, he is actaulyl our Arvinda. May be one day, he will start to deliver the promise that he made. To me, class is alwaays a parmanent feature and a batsman alawys gets my card if he has a sound technik. So.. Ash.. will definitely be in my team. Aftab might be dropped in Test and Bashar should take that place .
Old August 15, 2006, 08:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Congrats for the win. But loosing 4 wickets to get 100 odd runs is not good. We should have won it by 9 wickets or 10.
Make it losing 4 wickets within 55. That's the top order batting for BD. Know I am seriously thinking about Fazal's analogy of changing the starting lineup upside down.

Congrates to BD bowlers, all of them. Specially Rafiq for his 100 ODI. Mash for 26/6. Is this the best performance by BD player in ODIs?
Old August 15, 2006, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaj
I still opting for Aftab and AShraful. Simply beacuase, they both are classy players and we just need to see them getting consisitent.
"Classy" is a premature word. At best Athar Ali Khan and Aminul Islam Bubul were classy. Class was also demonstrated by Tikolo. They played with more consistency, patience and played masterful strokes off good balls - making it look all effortless. It is hard to say that Aftab and Ashraful have been patient and genuinely paced their innings very flexibly in quite a while. If they can do that, then we can be rest assured they are classy. Just like Aravinda De Silva, Saeed Anwar, Rahul Dravid, Lara, etc
Old August 15, 2006, 08:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Congrats to BD team for first-ever series win at foreign soil...Though the way our top-order , specially Aftab and Ash is batting makes me worried about the future.Today with same style of getting out, both of them have shown how they are trying to copy the irresponsibility of each other.Whereas, fresh-bloods like Reza and Sakib is showing really good temperment and responsibility.I think, as a rising team, we need more of the consistent and responsible players than so-called genius batsmen who performs once or twice a year.I hope Mehrab Jr. will be tried in the place of Ash-fool or Aftab.If the same tenderness continues on October, we will have some very sorry memories.

Anyways, for now...Lets celebrate the first-ever series win at foreign soil!!
Old August 15, 2006, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
Mash for 26/6. Is this the best performance by BD player in ODIs?
So say the commentators. Congratulations to the team on their first overseas ODI series win. Our bowling has really become top notch. We have moved far forward from the days of Shanto-Saiful-Moni, but our batting needs desperate improvement. It is good to see the youngsters playing so well. I just hope they dont turn out to be rotting eggs like Ashraful and Aftab. Anyways hats off to Mashrafee. He has done us proud, and has more than redeemed himself (even though the umpires were blind)
Old August 15, 2006, 09:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
"Classy" is a premature word. At best Athar Ali Khan and Aminul Islam Bubul were classy. Class was also demonstrated by Tikolo. They played with more consistency, patience and played masterful strokes off good balls - making it look all effortless. It is hard to say that Aftab and Ashraful have been patient and genuinely paced their innings very flexibly in quite a while. If they can do that, then we can be rest assured they are classy. Just like Aravinda De Silva, Saeed Anwar, Rahul Dravid, Lara, etc
I am sorry, cant agree with the two example you had given me for BD players. Athar was Probably stylish. but, never classy. And Bulbul.. sorry.. he was never any quality batman, let alone classy. U or many might disagree with Bulbul , but, I never considered anyone of that generation were classy. In simple words, they were totally horirble with their technique, tempertment and worst, always used to play pre-meditated shots rather playing on merits. Bulbul played shots when the ball wasnt something to hit, and got defence when it shoudl be punished. So, I am sorry if I cant agree with your definition of classy act. Aftab..yes, he is sussecptable against Spin, but, he is really excellent against pace. You can say that immediately, the way he faces the ball, staraight bat , chest in line with the ball. Bulbul always played as if he is playing just to face the ball.. not to play it. Ashraful, if you think, he is not a class act, then, you might look into the world review abt him. Its really kinda difficult to write what a class act really is. U can only feel it when u see someone playing like tha. Once example,

Tendulkar, Dravid are classy players, but, Sewag isnt. He is more flambyont one. So, class comes with the technique and mentality to me.
Old August 15, 2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
these guys show how to play under different condition. all our senior useless talent should learnd from them.
They will never learn!
Old August 15, 2006, 09:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
It would be interesting if BCB arrange a match with McInness kid againest rest of Bangladesh. national team might win at the end because of better fire power of national team
Saqib, Farhad, Mehrab, Nazmus, Tamim, Mushfiqur, Shuvo were under Allister de Winter not McInnes. Our U-19 team was turned into a winning unit by Winter though he got a good crop of young players. People really dont give Winter the credit he deserves. May be McInnes poting in this forum had something to do with it.
Old August 15, 2006, 09:38 AM
Cricket Savant

ammark,
I would side with you. slogging balls don't make a player classy. AA and MA are at best glorified sloggers.
Old August 15, 2006, 09:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
ammark,
I would side with you. slogging balls don't make a player classy. AA and MA are at best glorified sloggers.
But when someone says Aminul Islam was classy then all the current Bangladeshi batsmen by default become classy. All our current batsmen are way better than Bulbul.

Last edited by HawkEye000; August 15, 2006 at 10:25 AM..
Old August 15, 2006, 10:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
They will never learn!
Its true that they will never learn and meant to be in that way. by this time we should understand this that if they had the ability to learn, they would have learnt a long time ago! So, we have to wait untill we find some quality players who will have the ability to learn and perform consistently against the giants.
Old August 15, 2006, 02:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Talented matchwinner Aftab averaged 22.8 in this african tour. Wow!! Considering the opponents bowling strength this is just laughable. Beloved Ash fair a bit with a 67 not out. He stands at 28.17. If we take that one inning out of the equation then it becames a rosy 17.6

Getting a production of 40 to 50 from the main two guys of our batting and we dream to 250? How? Song? what song? Cherey dey ma kedey bachi. Apnader jonno rainhill'e projojjo.
Old August 15, 2006, 02:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

the three consecutive MOM was taken by Murali before right?
Old August 15, 2006, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhferdaus
the three consecutive MOM was taken by Murali before right?
Today's prothom alo says Ganguly won 4 consecutive MOM awards
Old August 15, 2006, 06:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Today's prothom alo says Ganguly won 4 consecutive MOM awards
may be against pakistan in sahara cup in canada
Old August 15, 2006, 06:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

our new chacha (reza) rocks
Old August 15, 2006, 06:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
our new chacha (reza) rocks
As a ODI batsman, Reza is already 100% better than ChaCha. Maturity (how to pace a innings while batting) wise he is already 100% better than Ashraful and Aftab, Capability (batting) wise looks like he is much better (ODi batsman) than Gullu/Alok/Pilot or Rajin. Only question mark to me is how good a ODI bowler he will be? He is still a very young kid... so time is on his side... so just hope and pray that he turns out to be 100% better than any ODI all-rounder we may have before.
Old August 15, 2006, 10:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

I think , in one of my topic i asked everybody 'why not sakib?"..............and in another thread i wrote ' farhad and sakib must nedded"...............

i think they can be perfect middle orders...they have the ability...now we have to see if they can sustain against big teams!! i wish that!!