facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 25, 2012, 04:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Those are microcosms of what's indicative of issues within the team:

1. Certain players think they are better than they are
2. Some players feel they have 'made it' by simply being in the team
3. As long as some individuals do well, they are not worried if the team lose
4. The team do not believe they can win such matches
5. People confuse aggression and rashness in batting with positive intent
6. Responsibility, understanding and strength of character are sometimes missing

I feel this is why things aren't improving
That's clear to every open eyes. Question is, what's the solution? We expected that these will be balanced out with better skill and professionalism over the years under pro coaches.... Looks like, coaches are having no impact in these areas... Who can solve it?? Coach, Psychologist, BCB .......?? And how ??

Old November 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
That's clear to every open eyes. Question is, what's the solution? We expected that these will be balanced out with better skill and professionalism over the years under pro coaches.... Looks like, coaches are having no impact in these areas... Who can solve it?? Coach, Psychologist, BCB .......?? And how ??
The solution is a professional system. An unprofessional system like ours creates too much chaos and everybody thinks that s/he has done enough without doing anything actually. Everybody feels burdened and unhappy.

We all know what to do. Ian himself suggested a couple of times.

it's upto BCB to fix the problem. But the question is who will fix BCB?
Old November 25, 2012, 01:47 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Checking my emails... but nothing from the BCB at this stage
Old November 25, 2012, 03:19 PM
Banned

JS should Leave and Mushfiq should resign. Bring in Mashrafe as captain (Limited) and a dedicated coach.
Old November 25, 2012, 03:31 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Checking my emails... but nothing from the BCB at this stage
You don't want that job so why should BCB waste their and more importantly your time?
Old November 25, 2012, 03:33 PM
Banned

@ Ian Pont, Zimbabwe has a Head Position role Available, should try your luck

BCB and ZIM board, not so different. I wish you best of luck!
Old November 25, 2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
You don't want that job so why should BCB waste their and more importantly your time?
Nadim bhai, have some fun bro... chill out.
Old November 25, 2012, 03:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

This guy Jergusen is crap... probably worse than even Duncan fletcher. We need someone like tom moody or Stephen fleming
Old November 25, 2012, 04:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

I think Coach is n't a major issue. There is a mystery about our team. We need Sherlock Holmes !
Old November 25, 2012, 04:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
I think Coach is n't a major issue. There is a mystery about our team. We need Sherlock Holmes !
Not even father of SHerlock holmes and feluda can fix these idiots. We need 6 bradmans, 1 Gilchrist, 1 Warne and 3 Malcolm Marshall in our team.
Old November 26, 2012, 10:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Come to think of it, Saqlain would make a good head coach. He was known as a thinking cricketer and has a good brain and wasn't plagued by any scandals and corruptions like other EX- pak players. There is also the fact that most of our players are a big fan of his and is more likely to listen to what he has to say and he is someone who understands the subcontinent culture. Has quite abit of western influence too as he worked with England and New Zealand as well as having played in the county for so long. He also knows something about batting as he was pretty handy with the bat himself and has seen how greats like Saeed Anwar, Inzamam and fast bowlers like Wasim and Waqar used to train. Given how most of our players grew up watching them play, stories about their training schedule won't go unheeded.

Why go for an Aussie coach who have so many demands?

I know a good player doesn't always make a good coach but there's a fact that some of our more arrogant cricketers think they know better than the coach if it's not someone famous.

If we really want some western guy, I hope it's someone like Ian, Siddons, Barlow, Mcinnes who are genuinely passionate about our cricket and ready to take the hands-on approach with our players and willing to improve on what he has on his hands while knowing that he can't get something like transparent selections, good people to help him, etc but somehow make the best of the given situation like Siddons tried to do. Not someone who would Just sit back and strategise and lament about the inadequate facilities, player skills and administration. Someone who can earn respect and trust from our players like Siddons and Barlow but Saqlain has the advantage where this respect is already ingrained in our players minds.

But given the fact how inept BCB is they will probably go after someone unwilling and beg them to take the job like Klusener or our Ex-coach. After all what would a dumb fan like me know?
Old November 26, 2012, 03:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Just noticed that Alan Butcher will be leaving the position of Zimbabwe Head Coach.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/591280.html

Bangladesh would do well if they could persuade him to join them. I was impressed with how he dealt with Zimbabwe's return to Test cricket, how can anyone forget the beating they gave us. Zimbabwe looked a more professional outfit than us.
He shouldn't have too much trouble with BCB's shenanigans as he probably has had to deal with plenty of those in his tenure with Zimbabwe. As far as I'm aware all his children are grown up so he shouldn't have any family relocation issues as our previous head coach had, in fact if he could bring his son Mark (who was a gritty Test batsmen for England) with him, maybe as a batting consultant, that'd be even better as I've been impressed with his work as a pundit on Sky, he seems very knowledgeable.
The position of Bangladesh Head Coach would offer a challenge and also would have it's attractions to him; It would be a higher status than his previous position, he would be financially rewarded, he would have a young and talented squad to work with, and in general there would be better resources. I think he would be suited to us and could take us to the next step: being a decent Test side.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Nadim bhai, have some fun bro... chill out.
Coach, have that passport ready? We need you to help us out with our batting - Anamul has terrible footwork. Now that Shane has proven that he's one of the greatest bowling head coaches of the modern era in the first ODI, he's obviously the right man for the job. I'm sure he would be delighted to have you assist with our batting.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

^ Why can't Jurgensen assist Ian with the bowling?
Old November 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Not so sure about Alan Butcher holden. He had a very good support team featuring Heath Streak, Grant Flower. Even guys like Alaistar Campbell gets involved. All their ex cricketers are extremely enthusiastic about their cricket and all do their bit to help. Not sure Butcher will have the same support in BD.

Wonder what BCB's reaction would be if we can pull off a couple more victories in this series. They will probably want SJ to continue.
Old November 30, 2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Coach, have that passport ready? We need you to help us out with our batting - Anamul has terrible footwork. Now that Shane has proven that he's one of the greatest bowling head coaches of the modern era in the first ODI, he's obviously the right man for the job. I'm sure he would be delighted to have you assist with our batting.
You mean like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-FXRAkMV7I
Old November 30, 2012, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Wonder what BCB's reaction would be if we can pull off a couple more victories in this series. They will probably want SJ to continue.
I dunno, enough is enough and we need to find a proper bowling coach and/or a proper head coach.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'd hire 2 coaches this time around. Head coach and assistant coach. I prefer the head coach to be a Motivator and Assistant coach to be a Strategist. (I have been playing too much madden in franchise mode)

5-0 could be the worst thing that can happen us right now. New Prez will just relax seeing the results and not hire someone asap. And before you know it WC15 will be here.
Old November 30, 2012, 04:04 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO, Law was the best coach BCB ever hired, and he recommended SJ when he left. IMO, we should trust Law's judgement and stick with SJ for now.

We still need to look for a batting coach though.
Old November 30, 2012, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
IMO, Law was the best coach BCB ever hired, and he recommended SJ when he left. IMO, we should trust Law's judgement and stick with SJ for now.

We still need to look for a batting coach though.
W C B after a long time.
Old November 30, 2012, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
W C B after a long time.
Thanks!
Old November 30, 2012, 04:15 PM
BC Editorial Team

SJ was the kiwi bowling coach when we got NZ bangla-washed. 'Nuff sed.
Old November 30, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
SJ was the coach when we got NZ bangla-washed. 'Nuff sed.
Where's the like button?!
Old November 30, 2012, 04:28 PM
BC Editorial Team

click on the green quote icon on the top right