facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2013, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur86
Another man has confirmed that he is a bangladeshi

Posted by Warm_Coffee on (January 17 2013, 16:25 PM GMT) @Rahman: Dude Mohammad Isam is a Bangladeshi not a Pakistani.

I wanted the pakistan tour go ahead like Mr. Isam. However he does not say anything in our favour. His writings have full of negative comments by pakistanis. He tolerates these. He is like sad that pakistani players are not coming.
Lol. Ankur bhai, you don't need to find any more proof of him being Bangladeshi. Isam bhai, is a member here at BC. Just not as regular as he was before.

Old January 17, 2013, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur86
Another man has confirmed that he is a bangladeshi

Posted by Warm_Coffee on (January 17 2013, 16:25 PM GMT) @Rahman: Dude Mohammad Isam is a Bangladeshi not a Pakistani.

I wanted the pakistan tour go ahead like Mr. Isam. However he does not say anything in our favour. His writings have full of negative comments by pakistanis. He tolerates these. He is like sad that pakistani players are not coming.
Isam Vai is a Bangladeshi and cricinfo Bangladesh Correspondent. He was the reporter of The Daily Star before.
Old January 17, 2013, 05:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

To solve a problem first you need to find out that there is one. And islam is doing the right thing. By criticizing BCB hes actually putting pressure on them to not to do the mistakes again. Last time BCB said first BPL so we were unprepared but we have learnt from the mistakes and we wont do the same mistakes next time. now look at BPL2. its 10 times worse than first edition. yes we want our tournament to be successful but the people in charge not going professionaly about it. its every journalist's duty to find out their mistakes and put pressure on them. you cant take a million dollar tournament lightly and get away with it. BPL2 so far is a joke and deserve to be criticized, if we see good cricket when tournament begins i am sure islam will write good things about it but if theres payment issue again i expect islam or any bangladeshi journalist for that matter to be vocal against BCB and BPL. we should learn to criticize ourselves otherwise we will never go ahead.
Old January 17, 2013, 06:09 PM
Banned

The egg is really on Bangaldesh's face. In re: too Carl Hooper's response, we clearly again see how non professional BD administrators are, and how incompetant they are. Sadly enough, Paks has out manuevered BD. Yes, many BDs are repeatedly questioning why is Pakistan important ? That may or may not be true. But who cares (about Pakistan). The main issue here is BD's handling of the situation vs. them. After Pakistan, it is BD who is at the bottom of the pit in regards to what the country can offer to the cricketing world. I cannot grasp how people think it is better to play an associate vs. Pakistan. Being able to play against any full team is a bonus for BD, considering what our schedule was last year. But I firmly believe it is not worth touring that country just for 2 ODIs. Risk reward is to unfair.
Old January 17, 2013, 06:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
I have found Isam's recent articles quite strange to be perfectly honest. For example, why does he publish an article five days before the tournament saying that Shakib hasn't received his 25% upfront fee from Dhaka Gladiators (when they had time until today to make that payment), and why does he publish nothing when Dhaka Gladiators subsequently come out and say that they made the 25% advance yesterday? I think this is irresponsible journalism. If you're going to pursue a story, then pursue it fully. By doing what Isam did, the world is left with only half the story.
Regarding this specific news, I'll take a side with the reporter. Cause this actually helped Shakib to make an indirect threat along with his claim for rightful demand on behalf of other cricketers as well. I dont know yet if every players have got paid that 25% or not. Since cricketers dont have any recognised professional burgaining agent in BD, this sorta reporter is sometimes their only hope to get attention.
Old January 17, 2013, 06:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
PCB is way more powerful and financially stronger than BCB. Sure the PAK players lost money, but the cash rich PSL will allow them make a whole lot more. PSL teams would be bought by middle eastern billionaires and trust me they will pay a whole lot more.

I won't be surprised PCB manages to host ZIM or WI somehow this year. Money talks and after PSL PCB will have lot of it.

PCB might arrange a PAK IND tour in Dubai. PCB and BCCI are close.

I hate to say this but I have a feeling BPL won't be same without PAK players. Why? People in BD show up in stadiums to see subcontinent players, not to see no name players from other countries. That's why stadium is empty even when SA national team visit.
I think this is way over the top, IMO.

PCB, is not financially better off than BCB. In fact, I would estimate with a fair degree of certainty that BCB ranks right after the major cricket powers in terms of finances. NZ, SL and probably WI boards are all loss-making ventures. SL survives solely on BCCI subsidies/charity/loans. PCB has NOT been able to give their contracted players a raise. BCB gives its contracted players raises EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Plus PCB benefits from playing series vs India every year when relations are good. Take that away, and PCB are probably little higher than Zimbabwe status in terms of money.

Lets see if PSL will actually take off. The country may not exist (as we know it) in 5 years time and they're planning their own IPL. Even dreams have limits. Very few international players will go there for 3 weeks. Lets see if oil sheikhs buy PSL teams.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 17, 2013, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Regarding this specific news, I'll take a side with the reporter. Cause this actually helped Shakib to make an indirect threat along with his claim for rightful demand on behalf of other cricketers as well. I dont know yet if every players have got paid that 25% or not. Since cricketers dont have any recognised professional burgaining agent in BD, this sorta reporter is sometimes their only hope to get attention.
You make a valid point. However, he can still report on whether or not Dhaka Gladiators have indeed made the 25% payment. That way people have the full story.
Old January 17, 2013, 06:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Seems Matribhasha joined Isam's club. Most BD fans who are showing excessive zealot over the fact that PCB not letting Pak players get NOC's are probably pissed by the too much arrogant reaction of Zaka and few of their fans who are relentlessly posting negative comments about BD cricket. Constructive criticism is one thing, but bullying and showing exaggerated hatred is another. Cricinfo articles are full of such comments which are direct insults and full of nationalistic repugnance. I wonder why CI allowing those to pass through and open online. Hope they had and buttons for each comments like yahoo. Comparing BD cricket with the associates, undermining and questioning test status, old debate on top-tier and "minnow" bashing - those actually reveal what they truly think about our cricket. But look at the tweets from their top players. They wanted to participate and make a mark to prove their potential for other similar leagues. After all the controversy, so far most international first class players are willing to give it a go. I do not think ICC or the member countries took this tit for tat from PCB normally and their refusal to comment about it justifies that most parties are disturbed from such foolish decision.

Among all the flip-flopping of messages, unique comment that caught my eye was made by one countryman saying "One BPL made BD so good that they almost won the Asia Cup and also won the home series against WI, now afraid of what a successful BPL-2 could do, both BCCI and PCB are scared."
Old January 17, 2013, 06:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

hahaha funny some people excluding BCCI, BCB is one of the richest boards in Cricket which is why they don't even have any debt problems. PCB have to play all their home matches abroad which cost an awful lot of money especially in places like UAE where they have to pay so much for their facilities, stadiums, accommodation and so on and make less revenue. That's why they wanted to play Bangladesh at home and play their International matches there because it will get them a lot of needed income. Sri Lanka has massive problems cancelling tests, made pointless big capacity stadiums where hardly anyone shows up all resulting in a big loss.
Old January 17, 2013, 07:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

Some of us here need to give our Bangladesh brothers a hand on Cricinfo conversations and take these fans of other teams on especially Pakistani's. I really like these Bangladesh people users azab, rising team, raqibul, r0ketman, extremespeed and a few others very interesting comments.

I'm so disappointed of Isam, for some reason in the last 5 months since that world T20, his articles on Bangladesh Cricket has shown negative points.
Old January 17, 2013, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Some of us here need to give our Bangladesh brothers a hand on Cricinfo conversations and take these fans of other teams on especially Pakistani's. I really like these Bangladesh people users azab, rising team, raqibul, r0ketman, extremespeed and a few others very interesting comments.

I'm so disappointed of Isam, for some reason in the last 5 months since that world T20, his articles on Bangladesh Cricket has shown negative points.
atm we should less concentrate on what people saying about us and focus on making BPL2 a success. like encourage ur friends and the people you know to go to stadium. many fb pages cursing pcb and pakistan but yet to see a campaign like lets go to stadium or join us and make bpl a success.
Old January 17, 2013, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
atm we should less concentrate on what people saying about us and focus on making BPL2 a success. like encourage ur friends and the people you know to go to stadium. many fb pages cursing pcb and pakistan but yet to see a campaign like lets go to stadium or join us and make bpl a success.
Great point. Oh how I wish I was in the country right now...
Old January 17, 2013, 08:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Exactly. BD fans got what we wanted, and from their reaction seems like Pak fans got what they wanted. So everyone should be happy, just leave it at that and let's focus on BPL. Despite not having any Pak players (well except Azhar) I'm sure people in Pakistan will follow BPL just so that they can talk crap on every small things that go wrong.

I think if we can pull off a somewhat successful BPL this year, we will get a lot more international players next season. Don't forget we are hosting the T20 WC in 2014, a lot of young players might decide to take this opportunity and get familiar with the condition.
Old January 17, 2013, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Seems Matribhasha joined Isam's club. Most BD fans who are showing excessive zealot over the fact that PCB not letting Pak players get NOC's are probably pissed by the too much arrogant reaction of Zaka and few of their fans who are relentlessly posting negative comments about BD cricket. Constructive criticism is one thing, but bullying and showing exaggerated hatred is another. Cricinfo articles are full of such comments which are direct insults and full of nationalistic repugnance. I wonder why CI allowing those to pass through and open online. Hope they had and buttons for each comments like yahoo. Comparing BD cricket with the associates, undermining and questioning test status, old debate on top-tier and "minnow" bashing - those actually reveal what they truly think about our cricket. But look at the tweets from their top players. They wanted to participate and make a mark to prove their potential for other similar leagues. After all the controversy, so far most international first class players are willing to give it a go. I do not think ICC or the member countries took this tit for tat from PCB normally and their refusal to comment about it justifies that most parties are disturbed from such foolish decision.

Among all the flip-flopping of messages, unique comment that caught my eye was made by one countryman saying "One BPL made BD so good that they almost won the Asia Cup and also won the home series against WI, now afraid of what a successful BPL-2 could do, both BCCI and PCB are scared."
Yes, I was referring to people like you, no doubt. I want BPL to be even more successful then it is. The more the foreign players, more is its international stamp of approval. These tournamnets are judged ALSO by the amount of foreign FLAVOR. I am focusing on how BCB cana administrate better, how to make BPL better, and we can bang heads with foreign players from any of the top tier nations. Your focus is Pakistan...your love for it or hate for it. I don't knwo and neither do I care.
Old January 17, 2013, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Exactly. BD fans got what we wanted, and from their reaction
I think if we can pull off a somewhat successful BPL this year, we will get a lot more international players next season. Don't forget we are hosting the T20 WC in 2014, a lot of young players might decide to take this opportunity and get familiar with the condition.
TBH going by our political situation i am little bit concerned about T20 WC next year. as you guys should know 5 years of running govt will be up and it will be election time. God help us
Old January 17, 2013, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Pakistan is a stronger team but BCB is much much richer board than PCB...This may change in future given the promise of PSL but atleast your claim is false for now...
It is silly to say BCB has more money than PCB. How do we know that? PCB might have less savings but they definitely make more than BCB. Just look at the number of games they play each year and with big name sponsors like Pepsi they are bound to make a whole lot more. Now only reason they could have less savings is due to corruption. They are probably tied with more spot fixers network than anyone else, making their officials earn even more, at least individually.

They will get money, somehow someway, they are close to middle eastern sheiks and they love gambling. If you have not figure this out as what really goes behind the scene of these glamorous tournament like IPL, then I have nothing else to say. One word: Vegas. Next word: Money. You fill up the blanks.
Old January 17, 2013, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
sorry if i sound harsh...but why are you always so unhappy and disappointed with you post...those claims you make doesn't have any solid base....ind and pak are close to another war like situation..and years of being an outcast has meant that pcb is not financially or politically as powerful that you presume....
Pakistan played 5 times more ODI, Tests than BD. they have brand name sponsors. They have multiple TV channels. They played all the top nations last year. Why they would make less than BCB I don't know. And if PSL takes off they will make a lot more. BPL teams were bought for $1 Million. SL teams were bought for $5 M each. And if IPL can be bought for $300 M each, I don't see why PSL teams won't be bought anything less than $10 Million.

How BCB can still be richer than PCB I don't understand...
Old January 17, 2013, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

After reading some comments section about PAK fans I am really glad BD cancelled the tour. Those numbskulls don't deserve any cricket in their terrorist land
Old January 17, 2013, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Pakistan played 5 times more ODI, Tests than BD. they have brand name sponsors. They have multiple TV channels. They played all the top nations last year. Why they would make less than BCB I don't know. And if PSL takes off they will make a lot more. BPL teams were bought for $1 Million. SL teams were bought for $5 M each. And if IPL can be bought for $300 M each, I don't see why PSL teams won't be bought anything less than $10 Million.

so how you guys doing with your campaign 'Rajbondider Mukti Chai'
Old January 17, 2013, 10:21 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:

Let's ask BCB and PCB to open their books. Then we can compare.
Old January 17, 2013, 10:24 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Lol..ekhon isam bhai er chouddo ghusti uddhar cholche ekhane..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 18, 2013, 12:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

Playing at home gives you X times more than playing abroad...
Old January 18, 2013, 04:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matribhasha
Yes, I was referring to people like you, no doubt. I want BPL to be even more successful then it is. The more the foreign players, more is its international stamp of approval. These tournamnets are judged ALSO by the amount of foreign FLAVOR. I am focusing on how BCB cana administrate better, how to make BPL better, and we can bang heads with foreign players from any of the top tier nations. Your focus is Pakistan...your love for it or hate for it. I don't knwo and neither do I care.
I guess your blind love for Pak is well exposed. I say it was somewhat a bold announcement with a nick like that. At least, I possess a cosmopolitan view and do not fall into the old myth of BD that anything foreign is better. Perhaps my skin are not immune enough to digest shameful direct insults that has been alive and kicking all through different cricket websites and major message boards.

Should I grow a pair for that?
Old January 18, 2013, 06:17 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i have a feeling eve though pak withdrew its players from BPL, BCB would still end up sending the national team to tour pak
Old January 18, 2013, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

-5 times more ODI outside your country doesnt generate the same revenue
-No one's got multiple TV channels (God knows what u mean by that
-Everyones got brand name sponsor (boom boom or CA is not really a great brand tbh), Pepsi maybe..

Also if PCB was that rich they would pay their players a lot more than 35 dollars as match fee...