facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2011, 02:15 PM
Club Cricketer

If fitness is the issue, we should encourage them to eat for "vaat". But I think its ridiculous that fitness is an issue when we haven't included icon player like Mashrafee in the squad just for the fitness.

Old March 21, 2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Fitness may be an issue but lack of talent is the primary issue.

the likes of Inzi, Warne, Ranatunga, De Silva, Freddy, Sehwag are, were all not very physically fit however were the best cricketers of their times. They were the best due to natural talent that they possessed.
Old March 21, 2011, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
I cannot say it anymore gently than this. "We do not have the talent yet to compete consitently against the G8 teams". That is the truth and we are afraid to articulate this simple fact. Blaming the coaches or the players would not alter this basic truth.
I can understand that and I am ok with this logic, which has some truth.

But after staying four years with the team and on his own insistence and authority he sticked with a core of 16+ players (including his favorites), when a coach says now (4 years of training):

1. "Player X is not performing, but we don't have any replacement for him. thats why he is playing". Or,

2. "The players are not listening to me and making mistakes repeatedly".

I have serious issue with that kind reasoning. These kind of resoning after 4 years raises serious questions about Coach's authority in the team, his vision, his question about picking the right players and his insistence of having too small a pool of players; and not considering the fact that a player or two may be off-form at the last moment before WC, or a player or two can be injured at the last moment.

Yes BCB has lot to blame. But the issues we have is beyond the players, some significant balme has to go to the head coach.

I am sorry to say that... I was a Siddon fan, but the more I see back.... I see a coach who try to take all the glories and divert the balme to others. He had enough time and authority to build this team for WC (thats was his primary task), he used favoritism ... that is fine as long as they produce. But they didn't produced, so he have to get most of the blame... it come both ways....glory and blame.... there is no hiding behind the players.

Last edited by Fazal; March 21, 2011 at 02:33 PM..
Old March 21, 2011, 03:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Our Bangladesh public is not exactly known for fitness.....
Old March 21, 2011, 11:07 PM
Cricket Guru

আলোচনায় তাঁদের জীবনযাত্রাও

Quote:
বাংলাদেশ দলের ঘনিষ্ঠ একটি সূত্র জানিয়েছে, দলের অনেক ক্রিকেটারই ব্যক্তিগত জীবনের নিয়মশৃঙ্খলাগুলো ঠিক মানেন না। রাত জাগার অভ্যাস আছে অনেকের, সকালে ঘুম থেকে উঠতেও তাই দেরি হয়। সময়মতো খাওয়া-টাওয়া নিয়েও অনেকের গাফিলতি আছে। দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা ম্যাচের আগের রাতে ম্যানেজারের অনুমতি না নিয়ে দলের দুই ক্রিকেটার অনেক রাত পর্যন্ত একজন ক্লাব কর্মকর্তার আত্মীয়ের বিয়ের অনুষ্ঠানে উপস্থিত ছিলেন বলে অভিযোগ আছে।

ঢাকায় ৫৮ আর ৭৮-এর অঘটন ঘটলেও চট্টগ্রামে বাংলাদেশ দলের বিশ্বকাপ সাফল্য এক শতে এক শ। চট্টগ্রামে খেলার বাইরের দিনগুলোতেও বেশির ভাগ সময় দলের সবাই একসঙ্গে কাটিয়েছেন। কোথাও গেলে দল বেঁধে গেছেন। দুই ম্যাচ জেতার পর অনেক খেলোয়াড়ও বলেছেন, চট্টগ্রাম তাঁদের অন্য রকম অভিজ্ঞতা দিয়েছে। একসঙ্গে থাকায় পারস্পরিক বোঝাপড়াটা দৃঢ় ছিল সেখানে। ঢাকায় সেটারই অভাব থেকে গেছে। দলীয় বন্ধন এখানে কিছুটা যেন শিথিল। একই শহরে বলে ছুটির দিনগুলোতে বেশির ভাগ ক্রিকেটার, টিম স্টাফ্রচলে গেছেন নিজ নিজ বাসায়। সারা দিন বাসায় থেকে রাতে ফিরেছেন হোটেলে। টিম ডিনার, খেলা আর অনুশীলন ছাড়া ক্রিকেটাররা একজন আরেকজনের খোঁজখবর খুব কমই রেখেছেন। মাঠের বাইরে ‘টিম বাংলাদেশ’ হয়ে ওঠাটা সে কারণেই হয়তো হয়নি। কে জানে, মাঠের পারফরম্যান্সেও হয়তো প্রভাব পড়েছে এসবের।

বাংলাদেশ দলের ম্যানেজার তানজীব আহসানের অভিজ্ঞতা বলছে, দলের কোনো ক্রিকেটার কখনোই শৃঙ্খলাবহির্ভূত কিছু করেন না। অন্য দলের অনেক খেলোয়াড়ের শৃঙ্খলা নিয়ে হাজারো প্রশ্ন থাকলেও বাংলাদেশ দলে সে রকম ক্রিকেটার একজনও নেই। তবে খেলোয়াড়দের ব্যক্তিগত জীবনের প্রশ্নটা তিনিও এড়িয়ে যেতে চাইলেন, ‘একেক জনের জীবন একেক রকম হবে, এটাই স্বাভাবিক। আমাদের সময়ে আমরা বই পড়ে, একসঙ্গে আড্ডা দিয়ে সময় কাটিয়েছি। এখন হয়তো ছেলেরা রুমে বসে গেমস খেলে। এখানে তো কিছু বলার নেই।’