facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 26, 2016, 07:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Sabbir k dhorse...

Quote:
Sabbir Rahman of Bangladesh has been fined 30 per cent of his match fee and has also received two demerit points for breaching Level 1 of the ICC Code of Conduct during his side’s seven runs victory over Afghanistan in the first One-Day International in Mirpur on Sunday.
Sabbir was found to have breached Article 2.1.4 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “using language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting during an International Match”.
In accordance with Article 7.3 of the revised Code, which came into effect on 22 September, in addition to the sanction imposed for his breach of Article 2.1.4, two demerit points have been added to Sabbir’s disciplinary record.
Pursuant to Article 7.6 of the Code, if Sabbir reaches four or more demerit points within a 24-month period his demerit points will be converted into, at least, two suspension points which will equate to a ban from his next match or matches. Two suspension points equate to a ban from one Test or two ODIs or two T20Is, whatever comes first for the player.
The incident happened during Afghanistan’s run-chase when, after a drinks interval, Sabbir questioned umpire Sharfuddoula’s LBW decision and also made inappropriate comments.
Sabbir admitted the offence and accepted the sanctions proposed by Richie Richardson of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees and, as such, there was no need for a formal hearing.
The charge was levelled by on-field umpires Chettithody Shamshuddin and Sharfuddoula, third umpire Anisur Rehman and fourth umpire Tanvir Ahmed.
For all first offences, Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand, a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee, and one or two demerit points.
(Source: ICC)

My books My video

Old September 26, 2016, 07:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Umpire's decision is final.

If want to question it, do it after the match in a polite and civil manner.
Old September 26, 2016, 07:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Well I missed it. What happened? More specially what was the cuss word he cussed umpire that got him riled up so much? LOL I want to learn.

My books My video
Old September 26, 2016, 07:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Sabbir probably one of the cool headed bd cricket ..i am surprised to hear he was fined
Old September 28, 2016, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I always felt that he has a good role in the side, but as a lower order hitter.

I have said it time and again, he doesn't have the technical skills to play quality bowling. Today he was at see against quality bowling.

He cannot rotate the strike at all. Look at Mosaddek or Shakib, how easily they put the ball in the gap to get the runs. Sabbir has no place in the side apart from no. 7 or no. 8. We need a no. 7 who can atleast rotate the Strike. Sabbir's inability to do so has hurt us in ODIs
Old September 28, 2016, 07:46 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Two controversial decision in a row.

Not his fault
Old September 28, 2016, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I always felt that he has a good role in the side, but as a lower order hitter.

I have said it time and again, he doesn't have the technical skills to play quality bowling. Today he was at see against quality bowling.

He cannot rotate the strike at all. Look at Mosaddek or Shakib, how easily they put the ball in the gap to get the runs. Sabbir has no place in the side apart from no. 7 or no. 8. We need a no. 7 who can atleast rotate the Strike. Sabbir's inability to do so has hurt us in ODIs
You really dont like him do you :P
Old September 28, 2016, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
You really dont like him do you :P
I have nothing against him, but I realized that he is not the solution to our lower order woes.

He has had very minimal contribution when our team needed runs from him. So far he hasn't performed at all under pressure, except for his cameos against NZ and scotland in the world cup. Aside that, he has been mediocre with the bat.

His fielding is excellent but that cannot makeup for his poor batting or non-penetrative bowling. Obviously, we need his ability to get some quick runs down the order but we don't need his failure when it comes to rotating the strike or bailing us out from a difficult situation.
Old September 28, 2016, 12:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

In the shadow of Soumya's poor performance..we have forgot or 'ignored' Shabbir's lack of performance in odis for long time now.
Old September 28, 2016, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Either he bats at 3 or gets dropped for Nasir.. and this is coming from one of the Sabbir fanboys..
Old September 28, 2016, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

I know I have said it a million times
But Sabbir doesn't have the skill for longer formats.

Okay that didn't rhyme tho
Old September 28, 2016, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Either he bats at 3 or gets dropped for Nasir.. and this is coming from one of the Sabbir fanboys..
Number 3 position is for the team's best batsman who has both the technical skills and the mental prowess to handle tough situations.

Sabbir fails in both aspects
Old September 28, 2016, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Number 3 position is for the team's best batsman who has both the technical skills and the mental prowess to handle tough situations.

Sabbir fails in both aspects
Id rather him at 3 than tried and tested failures and players who can't play there (Kaedge, Riyad, Mushy) He has 3 pinned down in T20s and excels..Yes it's a different ball game but it suits him and our team more..

TI, SS, Sabbir, Riyad, Shak, Mushy, Mossadek, Nasir
Old September 28, 2016, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Id rather him at 3 than tried and tested failures and players who can't play there (Kaedge, Riyad, Mushy) He has 3 pinned down in T20s and excels..Yes it's a different ball game but it suits him and our team more..

TI, SS, Sabbir, Riyad, Shak, Mushy, Mossadek, Nasir

Anyone who watches our match will understand how Sabbir struggles to rotate the strike. A no. 3 batsman needs to be able to rotate the strike. Mushy, Riad haven't done too badly in the top of the order.

T20 and ODIs should NEVER be compared. Tests and ODIs yes, but never with T20s. You see, in T20s a no. 3 batsman doesn't need to have a specific role in the side. He can be a dasher, or a batsman who prefers to consolidate. Sabbir can fit in their easily because he has a good hand eye coordination and power game. But in ODIs, its about maturity, strike rotation, knowing how to play tough bowlers in tough circumstances.

If I am going to put someone at no. 3 then I would put Mosaddek over there. Not because of his talent but his maturity
Old September 28, 2016, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Everyone has their weaknesses. Sabbir's is rotating strike. But he is a class act regardless and calling to drop him is frankly very amateurish thing to say.
Old September 28, 2016, 08:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Our solution is to drop every player, soon we won't have any left to play.

If we persisted with Tamim, Rahim and Riyad for years when their form was that of a walking wicket, we can afford to give Soumya and Sabbir time as well
Old September 28, 2016, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Everyone has their weaknesses. Sabbir's is rotating strike. But he is a class act regardless and calling to drop him is frankly very amateurish thing to say.
Two things about him 1. Very vulnerable against quality spin specially leg spin and dont think he can't do well in 7 while the pitch is rusty and slow. He should try in no 3.
Old September 28, 2016, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

While he does deserve an extended run, its upto the team to see how much he provides for the team.

If he cannot rotate strike, struggle against leg spin, unable to play the long innings then its hard for him to fit into the team. The point is, he isn't getting any runs under his belt. If he did, then there would be no criticism.
Old September 28, 2016, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Buddy, why does it feel like you havent been paying attention.

In 2015, he averaged 33 in ODI's batting at 6 or 7. This year he has only played 2 games, both of which he got out via dodgy decisions.

He's been an absolute revelation in T20's this year (2016), probably best batsman in the side averaging 35 and scoring close to 400 runs.

Or maybe you are pissed of with him, because he had an impostor in this forum? Haha.

But seriously, if you are so critical of one of your best performing players, then might as well dump the rest of the team too
Old September 28, 2016, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Buddy, why does it feel like you havent been paying attention.

In 2015, he averaged 33 in ODI's batting at 6 or 7. This year he has only played 2 games, both of which he got out via dodgy decisions.

He's been an absolute revelation in T20's this year (2016), probably best batsman in the side averaging 35 and scoring close to 400 runs.

Or maybe you are pissed of with him, because he had an impostor in this forum? Haha.

But seriously, if you are so critical of one of your best performing players, then might as well dump the rest of the team too
I am a big fan of him in the T20Is. I loved his batting, and he helped us in our Asia Cup campaign. He failed in the world cup though. But I am disliking the Sabbir of ODIs.

Its not only about averaging less or getting out to dodgy decision, from my observation, I have noticed that he struggles a lot to get the singles. Now, in the current era, your no. 7 should be able to rotate the strike almost effortlessly. Mosaddek did it. Sabbir needs to do too. The role of Sabbir isn't only to crash bang, but help the team out when it precaurious positions like yesterday. He failed twice. He was also unable to do so on several occassions previously.

A player's true hall-mark is, how he delivers when his team needs him to. Unfortunately, Sabbir couldn't deliver. Dumping the whole team obviously isn't the way to go, but if someone isn't providing much to the team then team has to think about alternatives
Old September 28, 2016, 11:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

#3 is the main problem position for us in terms of batting order . I would put either Mosaddek or Sabbir in that position for 3rd ODI against Afghanistan and for entire ENG series. Mosaddek is the best batsman in the XI at the moment in terms of form/confidence though he never played at # 3 in domestic games. Sabbir has a good record at #3 in T20Is which he might be able to translate in ODIs as well.

We will be able to slot in Nasir, who plays spin well and a handy spinner himself, if we play Mosaddek or Sabbir at #3.
Old September 29, 2016, 05:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Can't really blame Sabbir for looking clueless against a leggie, even the seniors like Rahim can't play a part time leggie like that Rahmat guy. Blame it on the lack of exposure to a decent leggie in our domestic circuit
Old September 29, 2016, 11:45 AM
Test Cricketer

We need to do some talent hunt for quality leg spinner... Remember those days when srilanka came to play in bd and we all popped against murali ?
Old September 29, 2016, 03:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

England ashuk nah. 300 ken, ekkere 400 chase kore felbo. Jottoshob!!

Afg er shathe 200 kortei pant noshto hoiya jai, abar 400 chase korbe!! Eid er moddhe talk show kore, celebetty mone kore nijeke, fashion mare!! Pitani dorkar egula re.

#RantOver
Old September 29, 2016, 05:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Are we sure that this is the real Sabbir Rahman?

Remember a few weeks ago, someone joined this forum and self declared himself as the real Sabbir Rahman...he was found out later not to be the reAl sabbir...

And then a few days after, a claim was made by Sabbir that 400 is chaseable....

Hmmmm...