facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 30, 2012, 04:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Imran Khan speech about 71

I have always admired this gentleman. One of the few Pakistanis who is respected all over the world for his social work. I became even a bigger admirer when I found out about his top class cancer hospital where 70% people are given free treatment. He collects millions of dollars in charity from all over the world every year to run that hospital. He was the only person donors trusted with their money during the 2010 flood.

Anyways, this video is not about his social work rather his experience and views about the atrocities committed by Pakistan army in 71. This is in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FA7JlfDdkDM

Old July 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

I hope he wins Pakistani election and lives upto his words. I don't think we are going to be best of friends with Pakistan anytime soon nor do we need to be, but hopefully we will finally get an official apology from them as promised by Imran Khan and finish the 1971 chapter once an for all. Let India and pakistan continue with their rivalry, we already have enough on our plates with poverty, corruption etc.
Old July 30, 2012, 06:27 PM
Cricket Guru

I also hope Imran Khan wins the election. I've read an analysis on him on newsweek, and whilst he has some short commings in regards to economy and what not, he does seem like a best person for Pakistan. And yes, we may even get that appology
Old July 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

In our country also we need some change in politics from our both two major parties and should take the rule a different person as Pakistan will change soon taken by Imran probable.
Old July 31, 2012, 12:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Pakistan will change soon - Imran won't be changing squat, if he somehow manages to get into power....But, yes, he says mostly the right things and has always taken a more conciliatory tone than the establishment when it comes to '71

As for settling the Pakistan issue once and for all....no chance, you notice how the Israelis are forcing people to prosecute nazis who are in their mid 90s?
Old August 1, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I saw the whole video-footage and I, as a Bangladeshi, did not sense any kind of remourse in the voice, but I did see compassion. I say it is a good start and I hope it grows further and a genuine remourse eventually comes out from great athletes like Imran Khan. But I feel the same way as Dr. Turbo feels, won't change or do squat regarding the war and atrocities commited by Pakistani forces in Bangladesh in 1971 and a genuine, official, remourseful apology by the Pakistan government. After that being said, nobody's going to hold their breathe and wait for that moment with a violin on the shoulder. We, Bangladesh moves on as Pakistan moves on own way.
Old August 1, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Not to derail this thread on a different direction or anything...but watching the Imran Khan video on youtube made me see other Pakistani current political footages and videos and thus brought me to this video....I found it to be very entertaining....I do not undersatnd most of it, as there are a lot of Arabic sub-titles at the beginning and then the language was in a Pakistani language, but it remainded me of Bombay comedy films with Amzad Khan and the Hardballs with Chris Matthews...hehehehehehe..please if you can watch it...and you will know why post it here...

Watch from 2:45......

First guy, who I think is a CROOK got grilled by the host whose(the host's) attitude I liked, and then the Crook got all nice BUT before the Crook was grilling the host at the beginning....then came this man from PPP I think, and that is another case...just watch him, he is at the very end, he got 2 minutes only, and he goes, everything, "Bhai, whatever I do I do for Pakistan, Inshallah, Mashallah, I give everything to Pakistan, heheheh I am hjust guessing it....but I get the keywords guys....then he goes, "Arrey bhai, Tum suno!" The Host goes, "Arrey bhai, I am not your bhai, do not me your bhai!" The PPP goes, "Arrey bhai, tum mera bhai ho, let me speak!" Then he calls smoehting like uo mera bhai ho, the people mere Baap ho!!" Hehehehehheeh...maybe I am understanding it all wrong....then goes the host, "We have to take a Break, please stop!" He(PPP) goes, "Arrey bhai, "Chore dow tumara uo break Freak, let it go!!"...hahahahahh!
Old August 2, 2012, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

yawn, imran khan and his cronies seems to have embezzled money meant for the cancer hospital in his mother's name.

as for the people who are hoping for 'Im the dim' as some great saviour, I can only say
Im is the puppet candidate of pakistan army who are fed up with both nawaz sharif's PML and PPP. if he comes to power army will re-start shotgun driving instead of the backseat driving they are having to do today.

I remember saying the same thing when people were waxing eloquent about the egypt movement, that unless the military loses political power *nothing* will change in egypt. a lot of people attacked me then calling me biased and what not.
what do they have to say about egypt's current situation now ?
Old August 2, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I like & respect IK as a cricketer, don't know much about IK the politician, but would like to see him leading Pak & hope he does good to his country but from where Pak is now,it will be mighty hard.
As for the 71 speech, I'll clap when he says it after winning the elections.
A politician before election and after election are usually not the same.
Old August 2, 2012, 01:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
yawn, imran khan and his cronies seems to have embezzled money meant for the cancer hospital in his mother's name.

as for the people who are hoping for 'Im the dim' as some great saviour, I can only say
Im is the puppet candidate of pakistan army who are fed up with both nawaz sharif's PML and PPP. if he comes to power army will re-start shotgun driving instead of the backseat driving they are having to do today.

I remember saying the same thing when people were waxing eloquent about the egypt movement, that unless the military loses political power *nothing* will change in egypt. a lot of people attacked me then calling me biased and what not.
what do they have to say about egypt's current situation now ?
The way you are saying it as if they have already been found guilty of this. I do not know the truth. However, similar allegations have been thrown at him before by his political opponents. Every time he came out clean. We should not spread misinformation without knowing the whole truth.

Now, if you want to talk about politics. I have been following subcontinent politics very closely over the last five years. Particularly, Indian politics, and to some extent Pakistani politics. As far as I know, Imran being a puppet of Army is also political propaganda by opponents. If he was a puppet he would never have the guts to talk about atrocities committed by the army in 1971. Mind you, Pakistanis in general like to deny any kind of wrong doing by the army in 71. Imran on a number of occasions (one example being WC 2011) criticized the army and demanded Pakistan Gov should apologize. It is a very unpopular statement to make specially if you are a politician. If you want to get a neutral view of Imran's politics, then watch this Al-Jazera documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I7LeKbPGZs

Now, do I think he will make it to the PM office? No, because Pakistanis are way too thick skulled to elect someone honest. If Imran was an Indian or Bangladeshi and he did what he did in Pakistan, he would be serving his second term as PM.

Our immense hatred for Pakistani mentality should not blind us from appreciating a great human being born in that country. I do not care whether Pak apologizes or not. It is not going to stop us from progressing as a country. And I doubt there would be a country called Pakistan in 10 or 15 years. Nor do I care if they progress and change as a country. Even if they apologize it would hardly change anything.

However, my regret is that dude was born in the wrong country. I do not understand urdu much but that video touched my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ftei...layer_embedded

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; August 2, 2012 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: mod.edit
Old August 3, 2012, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

sufism, I have been following pakistani politics very closely since 2006 or so. current public perception of army in pakistan is not as robust as it used to be, although it is substantial. im is simply using some of that anti-army sentiment to gain popularity.

that he will never criticize army if he is PA's candidate is a simplistic view. he WILL criticize army because he will want to avoid that tag.
but please note that while doing so he carefully avoids the issues that matter to PA. and frankly speaking, the '71 genocide is irrelevant in today's pakistan, other than a few vets who may be fuming it's no skin off anybody's nose. but with that little speech Im gets to shore up his moderate credentials, while from the rest of public posturing he is an out an out hardline pro-taliban politician.
one way to confirm that im is pro-PA is to check how much effort PA is expending against him. so far, none. while all the other politicians are getting a lot of tough love from ISI.

coming to his teary eyed speeches, I am far too old and cynical to be swayed by emotional rhetoric. I am not asking you to believe me, just keep what I say in mind, 2-3 years from now.
cheers !
Old August 3, 2012, 11:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Not that I give a rat's @$$ as to what happens in and to Pakistan, I don't see Imran Khan Niazi doing the right thing for a variety of reasons. The right thing to do would be to:

1. Acknowledge the whole truth. Stop saying "East Pakistan" nahole abar hat bhangbo, mone achhe Chittagong-er kahini? Bangalir mair bhuli g'esosni beyadober hola beyadob?

2. Educate your people about the real truth, not the watered down version.

3. Stop harassing and and in some cases killing and terrorizing the tiny number of people in your own country, namely Karachi, who want the truth to be told. My pious and devout friend and soul-sister Saadiya Ahmed, 25 and an ethnic Sindhi, is one such HR activist and truth seeker who even at this age has survived no less than 11 assassination attempts on her young life from Army backed Islamist death squads.

4. Hold war crimes trials as per the Simla Agreement.

5. Get what remains of your country to formally apologize to Bangladesh and the world for your crimes against humanity and the Bangladeshi people.

6. Offer reparation, the type Germany pays to Israel.

7. Take your people, including Bangali Razakars and Razpols, out of Bangladesh because they love to wave the Pakistani flag and don't believe in Bangladesh anyway.

It is shameful that we actually maintain diplomatic relations with Pakistan despite the fact that NONE of the above has happened. It is amusing however to observe how a certain type gets all touched and ready to cuddle when any Pakistani politician has anything halfway decent to say about us, no matter how much it falls short of the real necessity. That particular type has the typical Bangali petit bourgeois sweet tooth with strong preference for foreign, in this case Pakistani, sweets on their eager and salivating tongues.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 4, 2012, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

He's basically saying that he feels that Bangladeshis still feel attached to Pakistan. I don't think he has any real feelings towards the atrocities our people faced, besides the typical "Yeah, that was pretty rough/crime against our muslim brothers" bullcrap attitude that the very few knowledgeable Pakistanis have toward '71. The events he was referring to took place in the early 90s, and from my experience, aside from rajakars and their offspring, you won't find that kind of support for Pakistan in Bangladesh any more. The slogans of "Pakistan Zindabad" from Bangladeshis made me sick to my stomach to be frank.