facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 30, 2002, 07:18 PM
Banned

Louisville - 15 miles south of Denton.

Old September 30, 2002, 07:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Grand Prairie

Grand Prairie and UT Arlington ring any bell ? It's actually an hour south of Denton. The name's Sheikh Tehsin Ali (Moyeen).
Old September 30, 2002, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Shiznit...tehsin bhai, do something about the edit option.
Old September 30, 2002, 09:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Default moni the eldest

I must be moni, although I'm not balding yet. unfortunately I am halfway through my 30s and need to find a life. no need for "bhai" salutations, please. i work with small tech companies, helping them get off the ground. I make coffee for large tech companies if they pay me enough.

tehsin, i should have looked you up earlier in the summer, was in las colinas near dallas for work off and on.

i live in chicago, which no longer feels so cold and actually more like texas with each passing year...
Old September 30, 2002, 10:54 PM
Club Cricketer

I am a mechanical engineer working
for General Motors in Michigan.

I big fan of Bangladeshi sports and
a Mohammedan supporter. Also enjoy
American College Football.
Old October 1, 2002, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

American Football Sucks!!
Old October 1, 2002, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Yeah American footy sux

Ice Hockey's the sport to play
Old October 1, 2002, 07:56 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Zakir, welcome to the board. I like football too, like you. And also, a big mohammedan fan.

AS for cricket, I am a lousy bowler but somewhat a opener, like Golla. I can hold on, oh ya.

about 4 years ago, I gathered 5/6 guys on a parking lot, started playing cricket, soon I created a team. named it the Houston Bengals. As it grew, politics came it. Which is typical for BD. I quit and gave it to the others. The team is still there, split into 2. Both plays in the Houston Cricket League 2nd division as the only 2 BD teams.

Last year, The Houston Bengals won the 2nd Division League and move to the first division.
Old October 1, 2002, 04:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Lol. I\'m an opening batsman fast bowler

I can see off the fast bowlers and push the ball around a little but I don't usually end up with big scores. Sooner or later I might loose the opener spot but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen this year. However I fansy myself as a bit of a bowler. I'll have to clock myself for Pundit I think around 120-125km/h maybe that's a little high. And that's all about me
Old October 2, 2002, 03:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Am I too late to introduce myself

I was out for 4 days and now finding everybody is introducing themselves. Actually i was always wondering about all of you, about your age, where are you from etc etc.... I don't write in this forum too much - but I definitely read the postings made to this forum and enjoy the discussion - because I consider myself as a big time Bangladesh Cricket fan - even though they suck - but always awaiting for there improvement. Anyway, I am working in a semiconductor company in US and by the way, after reading all the postings in this thread - I feel that may be I am the oldest one so far. I live in Phoenix, Arizona.

When Bangladesh is playing - I don't miss those matches following or watching (not always possible in US). Sometime I have big fight with my wife for that waste of time (to her).

Anyway, tehsin really have done a very good job..... tanks for that.

Old October 2, 2002, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Hey, Tehsin - I just heard on tv Hurricane Lilli is heading to texas within 24 hours. Be Careful man...Don't get whitewashed like BD cricket.

85 gone 14 to go....before my 'demise'
Old October 2, 2002, 11:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default I am back!

hey everyone
I am finally back from the wilderness...was away from the net for a while...kept checking the site once in a while... though wasnot inspired enough to reply...must say our tigers have literally bitten my heart out with their 'fierce' performances!

my introduction...22 years...McGill University, Montreal Canada....undergrad...Economics and Finance... 2nd rate middle-order batsman and a wannabe leg-spinner...lol

been following tehsin bhai's page for over a year now...one of my prime and authoritative sources of info on Bangladesh Cricket...plus some of the best-natured people you will come across anywhere happen to be the members of this site.
Old August 9, 2003, 04:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Shafi\'s introduction

Hii,
Have to reopen this thread and thanks Habibul fan for opening such a wonderful topic. It's amazing.

About Me:

I am 21. Doing my B.Sc. In Computer Science and Engineering in BUET(Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.)
Govt. Laboratory High School is my school and Notredame College is my college.

I think I am one of the few BD loving and also BD living members of this amazing site.
I am a good batsman. :P Usually played at 1/2 down. Was in the first 15 of my school but my mom didn't allow me to play in School cricket
I am not that good bowler having a medium pace..But I give rare wide/no's and When I bowl batsmen like me very much because they can easily hit sixes over my head.

That's it. I love this site.
Old August 9, 2003, 05:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Hey Did I Introduce myself??? lol

This topic came in and went off many time but I didn't post an intro but I just realized that an intro is important, it lets you know a person better.

I'm Ehsan,18, from Toronto. I'm a Canadian Bangladeshi. Proud to be a desi.
I'm one of the yougest MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer). I also hold certifications like MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), MCP+I (Microsoft Certified Profession+Internet) and Hardware technician.

Just this summer I finished my high School and pursuing my studies in Computer Engineering. I chose Ryerson University for my higher education.

About Cricket, I'm an all rounder. I'm a middle order batsman and I bowl leg spin.

Edited on, December 30, 2004, 5:42 PM GMT, by ehsan.
Old August 10, 2003, 06:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Hey Arnab

How r u? I am 24 years old.I am also like 2 play cricket and also do the same thing as a medium first.I am also a batsman of middle position.But i did not play cricket for a long.

Bye and thxzz
Old August 10, 2003, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

I accidently joined the chat room recently while following the BD aus tour. I left BD at an early age and spent most of my time abroad. Cricket passion for me began at university level in England. As it was the early eighties and late nineties, I was not familiar with BD cricket.
Most of the time following county cricket; supporter of Sussex while Imran was bowling. Used to wicket keep for a small college team in Surrey and always admire a good wicketkeeper.
Right now I live in New York and occassionally participate in the NJ cricket scene, wicketkeeping again. I am 37 so I guess one of the burra bhais here. Although I live abroad I travel to BD nearly every year and sometimes more frequently so I would consider myself well informed. As I am a regular follower of Eng cricket I am planning to visit Dhaka to coincide with the Eng/BD series.
Old August 10, 2003, 09:20 AM
Club Cricketer

I might as well put my 2 takas worth in.

I am 27 years old living in London, UK. Born and bred here, but been to Bd about 6 times including getting married there. Working as a computer analyst.

I still play sometimes cricket, but not that often, thats why I have moved from number 4 batman to 6/7. I am mainly used as a wicketkeeper now. My teams website is www.oldcentralians.play-cricket.com

I went to a couple of Bd games here during the 1999 World Cup including the famous win over Pakistan. Will go again during next years ICC Champions Trophy.
Old August 10, 2003, 10:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default WOW

Ehsan and Habibul Fan prepare yourselves. I hope inshallah someday you 2 will play for us.

Shafi
Old August 10, 2003, 07:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Now, on to the more important question, Fab: Are you a fab hottie?

Oh damn...I was supposed to stay away from this thread.
Old August 11, 2003, 10:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Oh, dear....everyone here (or almost everyone) is so young...
Am 29, currently in Bangalore waiting for the Indian team to start their training camp. Heading out to Aus this winter to cover the Test matches.
Have been working for Wisden for two years now, but football's my first love. Grew up in the north of England, support Liverpool.
Favourite cricketers: Imran Khan , Sunil Gavaskar, Viv Richards, Steve Waugh and Barry Richards.
Best match watched: No-brainer....India v Aus at Eden Gardens, 2001...greatest Test match ever.
Old August 12, 2003, 10:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Well I think I'm the oldest. I'm 38, llive in El Paso, Texas. Had an uncle who was wicketkeeper for Azad Boys (contemporary of Shamim Kabir) took me to a test match in Karachi to watch Mushtaq, Intekhab, Bari Sarfraz and co. Hooked on cricket ever since. Lived in Dhaka 72-85, followed national selection everywhere within BD during the Kabir, Raquibul, Heera days. Now, alas apart for annual visits to England, don't get to watch cricket live. Was/am a huge fan of Nizam Shirazi, Barry Richards, Garth Leroux, and Imran Khan.
Old August 12, 2003, 01:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Sounds like you were a Sussex fan. Pity more people didn't get to watch Garth Le Roux. What a player...
As for Imran, my all-time fave...
Old August 12, 2003, 02:23 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

What is going on here? 80 replies before I am writing this post. Since everybody is introducing themselves, so I might as well do that.

I am Fahmida Waliullah, I am one of the few Bangladeshis in this board who live in Bangladesh. Currently, I am now visiting my brother in UK for a couple of months.

I've been watching cricket since around '96 World Cup and trying to be a writer by writing on the main page.
Old August 12, 2003, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Fahmida i introduced you for us.....i dont know how i did it though.....first post....or maybe second
Old August 12, 2003, 08:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

I'm Tipu,Sultan from LA, married with a 2yr old daughter & another on the way. I play cricket with Nazem here in the wooley park.