facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 15, 2011, 04:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I don't want Hom or Nasir making there Test debut's in foreign conditions, Zim may just pepper them short stuff that jump off the pitch.

We have 6 consecutive Home Tests vs after this Zim test. West Indies, Pakistan and New Zealand.

What's one more single digit score from Ash gonna do for you?

Ash fails than BD wins in the long term (as he'll be done), Ash does well BD wins in the short term (as we'll win)
They won't. They're there for ODI's apparently.

Old July 15, 2011, 04:47 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Why Ashraful Always has to be in the Team!

WHY WHY WHY?
Old July 15, 2011, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Finally the squad has been selected. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. This is the perfect tour to try out some new players and plug them in our holes. Ash is the only exception but seeing that Alok isn't much better. So doesn't matter much.

In batting, the #4 and #7 are our biggest concerns so it'll be interesting to see how Hom and Nasir play out. Also good to see that they picked 4 pacers. We need a lot of pacers for the tour as Zimbabwean pitches have more bounce. Good to see also they did not select too many spinners.

As for Rock, Shuvo and Naeem, they should understand that they have gotten many chances to prove themselves but have failed to be consistent. That goes espicially for Rock and Naeem. Whatever issues they have, they need to sort it out and come with big scores in the A team as there's big competition for spots. There aren't anymore free rides and there are some good players coming from the pipeline.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old July 15, 2011, 06:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
ash is enjoying d last life line of his life..
who knows....

zimbabwete shuru.... zimbabwetei shesh....
politics e jemon shesh kotha bolte kichu nai Ash ero shesh match bolte kichu nai.
Ash hochchey Horror movies er villain er moto........
Old July 15, 2011, 06:16 PM
Banned

Ash is a genius. Glad to see him in team. w/o him Bangladesh cricket team is nothing!
He will answer all your questions by bat, ball, dancing o yeah and by misfielding. I wonder
why he is not announced as the captain! He should also be chosen as the head of the selectors.
Akram and gong did a great job. Thumbs up for Ash, Akram and Lotus Kamal they are the symbols of Bangladesh cricket.
Old July 15, 2011, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtiger
Ash is a genius. Glad to see him in team. w/o him Bangladesh cricket team is nothing!
He will answer all your questions by bat, ball, dancing o yeah and by misfielding. I wonder
why he is not announced as the captain! He should also be chosen as the head of the selectors.
Akram and gong did a great job. Thumbs up for Ash, Akram and Lotus Kamal they are the symbols of Bangladesh cricket.
Lol, I love sarcasm that involves BD cricket... Like when LBW103 said Raqibul is twice the player Shuvagoto is on a bad day! Oh wait, that wasn't sarcasm...
Old July 15, 2011, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtiger
What a great appraciation it is!
Old July 15, 2011, 07:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Rubu mode on:

Yes, Ash sucks. He's 10x crappier than he was 2004-2007...but what is all this "Alok is better" chokkor bokkor? Alok is even worse. Ash is a single digit, ball wasting extraordinaire...Alok is golden duck conniseur. I would have been willing to give alok a go in the ODI middle order, tho. But he's a terrible test bat. Even worse than Ashraful, and thats bad.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 15, 2011, 07:28 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Rubu mode on:

Yes, Ash sucks. He's 10x crappier than he was 2004-2007...but what is all this "Alok is better" chokkor bokkor? Alok is even worse. Ash is a single digit, ball wasting extraordinaire...Alok is golden duck conniseur. I would have been willing to give alok a go in the ODI middle order, tho. But he's a terrible test bat. Even worse than Ashraful, and thats bad.
Um no, he played a much better domestics season. U can't say Ash is better than him by any means. Maybe Alok doesn't have a great record but I don't remember Alok getting himself stumped in test cricket like Ash. Tells u how far off Ash is where long format is concerned.
Plus Alok never had the chances Ash did......
Anyways I don't want Alok or Ash in test. None of them are test materials. Although I would rather have Alok than Ash any day.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 15, 2011, 10:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

gah ash is there.....would have much prefered naeem....still going with nazmul? i know he's done well in some ODIs but should have developed some better options by now...plus we need to find a replacement for razzak.
Old July 15, 2011, 10:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
gah ash is there.....would have much prefered naeem....still going with nazmul? i know he's done well in some ODIs but should have developed some better options by now...plus we need to find a replacement for razzak.
I would prefer Naeem as well. Not really upset at his exclusion because he had a chance to play for the A team and instead he went to get married. I know its his personal business, but if he had played in the A team and did well, he couldve made the team instead of Ash.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old July 16, 2011, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I can understand bringing experience in the test squad but leaving out Alok, Naeem like allrounders in the 15, I was surprised by it, given Mashrafee, Shahadat, Rasel,, who tormented Zimbabwan team, is not in the squad. My bet is on Tamim, Shakib, Nafees to bring the winning trophy but the spin department will be tested this time as Bulawo/Harrare is not for spinners and ZIM team has practiced SLA attack for months for this tour..

One thing Zimbabwe definitely has worked on is their ability to play spin,, because they know BD team will bring their Spin squad to the attack. Rasel's swing ( or butterfly), Shahadat's short pitch ball against inexperienced Zim team or Alok's leg couldve been useful.

My prediction is the score is not going to be 5-0 or 4-1.. it will be a closely fought contest in ODIs and BD must rely on their pacers more than Shakib only to restrains the Zimbabwan team..Razzaque has half his total wickets due to Zimbabwans and I hope he delivers that again, if selected.
Old July 16, 2011, 01:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
ODI Squad should be.

Tamim Iqbal (vc)
Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Mahmudullah Riyad
Nasir Hossain
Shakib Al Hassan (c)
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak
Rubel Hossain
Nazmul Hossain
excelent chose
Old July 16, 2011, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

SN finally in against Zimbabwe!! Poor Zimbabweans!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 16, 2011, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

The ultimate Minnow Basher is about to boost his average big time!
Old July 16, 2011, 06:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Hope that Rok does not take early retirement again. He should learn to take disappointment, then work harder and make his way back into the team based on performance. He is still a good batsman and i hope that under Stuart Law's tutelage, he can really improve and find himself again.
Lots of cricketers go through rough patches, but they struggle and make it.
Old July 16, 2011, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Uncapped Nasir, Shuvagoto in squad for Zimbabwe

Quote:
Nasir Hossain earned his first call-up to the Bangladesh side after the BCB announced a 15-member squad for the Zimbabwe tour late on Friday evening. Mohammad Ashraful has been preferred over Raqibul Hasan in the squad, which also includes another uncapped player Shuvagoto Hom.

The announcement came two days after BCB chief Mustafa Kamal received the names of the selected players from chief selector Akram Khan, who had called for a change in the process which allows the board's technical committee to discuss the selectors' choices.

Nasir, a 19-year-old from Rangpur, was highly rated after outperforming most allrounders in the country for the past few years. Since he graduated from the sports institute BKSP, Nasir has regularly attracted big-money moves to the top Premier League clubs.

"It was my dream to play for Bangladesh," Nasir told ESPNcricinfo. "I told my family and I think they are happier than I am."

Considered for the ODI series alongside Shuvagoto, Nasir is being propped up for a role in the lower middle-order, according to Akram, while Shuvagoto will be tested at the No. 4 position, a spot that has been Bangladesh's scourge.

"Nasir has a bright future and we have picked him and Shuvagoto for the ODI series," Akram said. "I think he is far ahead of all the other good allrounders and we have considered him for his positive frame of mind."

Predictably, Ashraful and Junaid Siddique made comebacks, though both played Bangladesh's previous Test match in England last year. Ashraful showed poor form during the 2011 World Cup and was dropped for the Australia ODIs in April. "We considered both Ashraful and Raqibul for the same position and I think Ashraful won the spot for his experience and some good knocks in South Africa (for Bangladesh A earlier this year)," Akram said.

The squad will be led by Shakib Al Hasan, with Tamim Iqbal as vice-captain. Former captain and fast bowler Mashrafe Mortaza, who had another knee surgery in May, is undergoing rehabilitation and continues to miss out.

Bangladesh are visiting Zimbabwe for one Test and five ODIs. The tour starts with a three-day game against a Zimbabwe XI from July 30.

Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Tamim Iqbal (vc), Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mahmudullah, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Shahriar Nafees, Robiul Islam, Shuvagoto Hom, Nasir Hossain.

Reserves: Naeem Islam, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Alok Kopali, Syed Rasel, Sahagir Hossain (wk)
Source.
Old July 16, 2011, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Um no, he played a much better domestics season. U can't say Ash is better than him by any means. Maybe Alok doesn't have a great record but I don't remember Alok getting himself stumped in test cricket like Ash. Tells u how far off Ash is where long format is concerned.
Plus Alok never had the chances Ash did......
Anyways I don't want Alok or Ash in test. None of them are test materials. Although I would rather have Alok than Ash any day.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Why are you arguing with Alok and Ash. Both have records in tes cricket! Ash is the youngest Test centurian!! So if he gets chance after ten years he can make a triple century!!!

And Alok, he is our "Sobe Dhon Nilmony" Test hatrickman!!! If he get chance again after eight years, he can take four wickets ia four consecutive balls!!!! Sorry for Alok. No chance for record breaking!
Old July 16, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Why Bangladeshi selectors are in love with Sir Ash??
jodi laigga jay...
Old July 16, 2011, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

rokibul retire kor nai ekhono?
Old July 16, 2011, 08:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Hope that Rok does not take early retirement again. He should learn to take disappointment, then work harder and make his way back into the team based on performance. He is still a good batsman and i hope that under Stuart Law's tutelage, he can really improve and find himself again.
Lots of cricketers go through rough patches, but they struggle and make it.
Great post. He'll cope with it a lot better this time I'm sure. He's still very young so he still has lots of time to improve himself. I still have belief in him and hopefully we see the Rock from the rookie season. Not the damaged Rock we've been seeing for the last 2 years.
Old July 17, 2011, 04:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

প্রমাণের জন্য এক ম্যাচ যথেষ্ট নয়: কাপালী
ঢাকা, জুলাই ১৭ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) - নিজেকে প্রমাণ করার জন্য এক ম্যাচ যথেষ্ট নয় বলে মনে করছেন অলক কাপালী।

আড়াই বছর পর গত এপ্রিলে অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিপক্ষে 'হোম' সিরিজে খেলেছিলেন। আর এবার জিম্বাবুয়েগামী ১৫ সদস্যের দলে জায়গা হয়নি। রয়েছেন স্ট্যান্ডবাই তালিকায়। তবে আশা করছেন শেষ পর্যন্ত জিম্বাবুয়েতে একদিনের সিরিজের জন্য ডাকা হতে পারে তাকে।

শের-ই-বাংলা জাতীয় ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামের ইনডোরে রোববার বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকমকে কাপালী বলেন, "অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিপক্ষে আড়াই বছর পর আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচ খেলি। ব্যাট করেছিলাম সাতে। ৭/৮ ওভারে ১৫০ এর মতো রান প্রয়োজন ছিল। ওই অবস্থায় খুব ভালো কিছু করা সম্ভব ছিল না। "

অস্ট্রেলিয়ার সঙ্গে সিরিজের শেষ ম্যাচ ছিল সেটা। এরপরই জিম্বাবুয়ে সিরিজের জন্য ঘোষিত মূল দলে নাম নেই তার। তাই হতাশা চেপে রাখতে পারেননি কাপালী, "এক ম্যাচ পরেই পরীক্ষা-নিরীক্ষার কারণে বাদ পড়ে গেলে খারাপ লাগে।"

জিপি-বিসিবি একাডেমি দলের বিপক্ষে জাতীয় দল যখন প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেলছে তখন ইনডোরে অনুশীলন নিয়ে ব্যস্ত ছিলেন স্ট্যান্ডবাই থাকা পাঁচ ক্রিকেটার অলক কাপালী, সৈয়দ রাসেল, নাঈম ইসলাম, সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ ও সগির হোসেন।

কাপালী বলেন, "জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে একদিনের সিরিজে সুযোগ না পেলে আবারো নতুন করে শুরু করতে হবে। এটা খুব কঠিন। ধারাবাহিকতা থাকলে ছন্দ পেতে সমস্যা হয় না। দু'য়েকটা সিরিজ খেললেই নিজের ছন্দ ফিরে পাবো বলে আশা করছি।"

ছন্দের সঙ্গে দলে জায়গাও ফিরে পাওয়ার আশায় দিন গুনছেন কাপালী, "শেষ সিরিজে ছিলাম। আশা করছি জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে একদিনের সিরিজে খেলার সুযোগ পাবো। নিজেকে প্রমাণ করার জন্য এক ম্যাচ যথেষ্ট নয়। অনুশীলনে কঠোর পরিশ্রম করছি। সুযোগ পেলে 'পারফর্ম' করার চেষ্টা করবো।"

তিনি বলেন, "ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে ৪ থেকে ৬ নম্বরে ব্যাট করি। বাংলাদেশ দলেও ছয় নম্বরেই বেশি খেলেছি। এখানে খেলতেই সবচেয়ে স্বচ্ছন্দ্য বোধ করি। আমার শতকও আছে ওই ছয় নম্বরে। তবে ওই পজিশনে এ মুহূর্তে জাতীয় দলে যারা খেলছেন তারাও খুব ভালো করছেন।"

পাওয়ার প্লেতে ব্যাটিং নিয়ে বেশ সমস্যায় আছে বাংলাদেশ। কাপালী জানান এটা নিয়ে কাজ করছেন তিনি, "গত মৌসুমে গাজী ট্যাঙ্কের হয়ে ছয় নম্বরে ভালো খেলেছি। ওই সময় পাওয়ার প্লেতে ব্যাট করে একটা ম্যাচে মোহামেডানকে হারিয়েছি। পাওয়ার প্লেতে আমার সেরাটা বের হয়ে আসে। আমি আমার স্বাভাবিক খেলাই খেলি। অতিরিক্ত মারতে চাই না। একটা দুইটা চার-ছয় বাকিগুলো এক-দুই করে নিলেই হয়।"

তিনি বলেন, "শেষ ম্যাচে বল হাতেও বেশি সুযোগ পাইনি। দুই ওভার বল করে আট রান দিয়েছিলাম। বাংলাদেশের বোলিং নিয়ে জিম্বাবুয়ের ভাবনার বেশি অংশ জুড়ে থাকবে সাকিব আল হাসান ও আব্দুর রাজ্জাক। জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে তারা বেশ সফলও। এ ক্ষেত্রে তাদের পাশাপাশি অফস্পিন ও লেগস্পিনও খুব কার্যকর হতে পারে।"

১৫ সদস্যের দল জিম্বাবুয়ে যাওয়ার আগ পর্যন্ত দলের সঙ্গেই আছেন বলে জানান কাপালী। তিনি বলেন, "আপাতত আমরা জাতীয় দলের সঙ্গেই অনুশীলন করছি। সিঙ্গাপুরে টি-টোয়েন্টি খেলতে যাওয়ার একটা সম্ভাবনা রয়েছে। এখনো ঠিক হয়নি। তবে যেতে পারি।"

ফিটনেস প্রসঙ্গে বলেন, "আগে ফিটনেস নিয়ে একটু সমস্যা ছিল। তবে কঠোর পরিশ্রম করে নিজেকে সম্পূর্ণ ফিট করতে পেরেছি। জাতীয় দলের চিকিৎসক ডা. দেবাশীষ চৌধুরীও আমাকে ফিট বলেছেন।"

http://sport.bdnews24.com/newsDetail...tailsid=165285
Old July 19, 2011, 12:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Sometime it feels like BD cricket would have been in much better condition if there were no Ashraful at all. His persistent failures really undoing what he has done earliar in his career. Selectors need to come back to sanity...they have to understand BD cricket passed the era of occasionality and now its time for consistency to take over. Ashraful should be overlooked and considering his state he should be treated as like a new player coming through domestic system. He should perform consistently for atleast two season for coming into consideration for national team like Shuvagot, Nasir, Johurul, Imrul and others.
Wrong; we would have lost our test status by now and be playing Namibia & Kenya today, if there was no Ash. He has done one job single handedly. Ash has instilled belief in our young generation and TIK / Shak are all products of that belief.

But off course that shouldnt guarantee him a position in the team for eternity. We need consistant players, but who is consistant? We have seen many domestic champ players coming and going like bellow average players.

So, Even by Ash's recent approach, performances and experience, he is the best choice before anyone else you can name. I completely agree with the sellectors and I'm happy to see that these guys (Sellectors) are able to take the best decisions, against so much odds & criticism of chosing Ash. It was so easy to drop him and be termed intelligent sellectors by many Ash haters. But they could stand up against odds to take the best decision for the country.

Weldone sellectors, overall it was a very well thought team sellection.