facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Is he ready to play ODI?
Yes. now is the best time 30 65.22%
No. He is not Ready for ODI cricket 7 15.22%
it doesn't matter/I don't care 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Default Should Anamul Haque Debut in the West Indies ODI series?

I just wanted to open this thread to see what BC members think about Debuting Anamul Haque in the upcoming ODI series against West Indies? What do you guys think. I think He is ready.

Old November 22, 2012, 05:02 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Without a doubt he should play. He should play in the warm up match first to ease his nerves and get accustomed to the opposition. Considering what happened in the Asia cup and our struggles to find #s 2 and 3, he should play. He is the future. I can't see anyone else other than him at #3. I would be quite annoyed if he doesn't start. It's time to unleash the Anamul.
Old November 22, 2012, 06:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Yeap like most fans our minds say its about time and minimum in this series 2 games and even if he does fail so be he'll just learn from it and comeback stronger when he plays full-time against Zimbabwe early next year. Don't forget he's a fantastic fielder and overall on its own, fielding will be much better for the team naturally considering our history shows fielding wasn't our strong point. I'll put him at Number 3 after Tamim and Kayes followed by Shakib/Nasir whoever. Should've been playing in this Test match instead of Nazimuddin as he was in form and Bangladesh had nothing to lose.
Old November 22, 2012, 06:54 PM
Banned

Besides, there's no one else to select for these missing position(s) as players like Zunaed, Aftab, Raqibul etc have proven to be failures. So really might as well groom in a young fresh prospect and who no better than Bijoy
Old November 22, 2012, 06:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Heard he is much better in tests than ODI's.
Old November 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Yeah but he was the top run scorer by a long distance at Under-19 50 over a few months back averaging over 60 in the tournament.
Old November 22, 2012, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Either way we're screwed. I mean, our pacers are Abul and Mashrafe. We can't possibly chase down 450, even Ashraful can't.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 22, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Either way we're screwed. I mean, our pacers are Abul and Mashrafe. We can't possibly chase down 450, even Ashraful can't.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
no rubel? rubel is actually a decent ODI pacer and with mash and nazmul the ODI pace unit is quite decent.

as for anamul coming into the ODI team this series, i want to say yes and i want to say no. he is a better longer format player so i reckon ideally it would have been better to give him a few test matches first, but then we don't have many other options. but if he is to play i think it should be at #3.
Old November 23, 2012, 01:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We can even forget Mash and go with Abul and Rubel in ODI...
Old November 23, 2012, 01:22 AM

So far debutant making their mark in this series, so I guess why not? SN, Imrul, Big Z wont make much different either.
Old November 23, 2012, 02:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
We can even forget Mash and go with Abul and Rubel in ODI...
Rubel and Nazmul would be a better choice for ODIs IMO.
On topic- Anamul should have played in this test series since it's his best format, but knowing our selectors he has a pretty good chance of playing in the ODI series.
Old November 23, 2012, 03:32 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

He was the 12th man during Asia cup anyway. plus we stil dont have no 2 and 3 for ODI so don't see why he shouldn't...
Old November 23, 2012, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
He was the highest run scorer in U-19 World cup which was an One Day tournament. So he plays well ODI as well.
Old November 23, 2012, 06:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
How do you hear that, he hasn't played test ever. Our FC is no standard for test...it's only FC by name...they score at the rate of ODI ven in FC...so they have to just play that FC innings in ODI...

For tests...we have to see who is playing long innings in terms of time than runs...
Old November 23, 2012, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Okay just to clarify, I 'mistakenly' voted with option 2 (Wrong click). I too want him in the team! So, option 2 still remains null.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 23, 2012, 06:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Looks like he'll debut at the expense of more experienced worldbeaters like Nazza! and Rocky.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 23, 2012, 02:08 PM
Banned

Well you can't let him play at Under-19 level anymore considering he's going to turn 20 soon so there's really no option for him but to represent at the highest level now. Some question he's still very young and needs time blah blah blah Tamim made his debut when he was 17 this Anamul is almost 20 and we're still not sure of he's ready? common guys! at least give him a few games in the coming ODIs and make his official full-time debut early next year preferably against Zimbabwe for a first start.
Old November 23, 2012, 03:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Do you remember the final of BPL ? He was solid to handle the pressure and world class stars . Its not a joke to become highest scorer in under19 WC ! Blindly he should be in the 1st eleven. If not in the eleven then we think of conspiracy of Mushy ( He is scared to lose his position to Anamul)!!
Old November 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Well you can't let him play at Under-19 level anymore considering he's going to turn 20 soon so there's really no option for him but to represent at the highest level now. Some question he's still very young and needs time blah blah blah Tamim made his debut when he was 17 this Anamul is almost 20 and we're still not sure of he's ready? common guys! at least give him a few games in the coming ODIs and make his official full-time debut early next year preferably against Zimbabwe for a first start.
shakib and rahim were very young when they debuted to and look at them 2 of BD's best, nasir and rubel were both under 20 as well when they got the call-up. so even though some talents come in young and turn out not so good, the ones that have become our best players have also come in very young. most have come in younger than anamul is and they've turned out quite well and are still improving. even naeem, he's 25 now and made his debut in 2008 so he was 20 when he debuted.

BD is in a very unique situation, you can't really compare BD to other cricket nations when it comes to selection and development of the team because in other countries they're structure is very well developed and the talent is generally about the same generation to generation give or take a great player or two.

in BD the structure isn't very good, the cricket hasn't been taken very seriously and the talent generation to generation is still improving. tbh the BD selectors have one of the toughest jobs in world cricket and it's still tough because their selection policy is constantly changing and this is mainly due to domestic quality and coach quality.

but i think finally the domestic quality and talent in BD cricket is getting to a level where the selectors can start looking at performance and consistency a lot more rather than pure talent which is what they've had to go for over the last decade.
Old November 23, 2012, 04:16 PM
Cricket Guru

but really if the selectors want to select him in these ODIs i really think they should have played him in the test series since that is his best format and it would have given him a better chance of finding his feet more easily.
Old November 23, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

IMO Anamul will play from the first match if he will do well in the 2nd practice match. Otherwise he may have to wait for any one's worse performance.
Old November 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
but really if the selectors want to select him in these ODIs i really think they should have played him in the test series since that is his best format and it would have given him a better chance of finding his feet more easily.
Your assuming the think tank can actually think. Mistake numero uno sir.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 23, 2012, 05:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Your assuming the think tank can actually think. Mistake numero uno sir.
i think it would be quite interesting and possibly very demoralising if we got to view one of the selections panels selection meetings.
Old November 23, 2012, 05:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Might as well try Anamul at #3 since we have no one else. Let Imrul be opener for now.
Old November 23, 2012, 05:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Might as well try Anamul at #3 since we have no one else. Let Imrul be opener for now.
yes, imrul and tamim had a good partnership in ODIs, imrul has been our 2nd most successful ODI opener after tamim so i think at this point he should still be there opening and play anamul at #3 as you say. better than playing nazimuddin, junaid or nafees, and i'm not sold on jahurul either.