facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 12, 2009, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default Us open - golf

This year's US open is going to be interesting one. Waiting to see TW in full form defending his title.

Quote:
Competitors On The Course

Tiger Woods considers Rocco Mediate a friend. But on Monday morning at Torrey Pines Golf Course, he is one more obstacle on the road to his 14th major championship and third U.S. Open.

“He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet,” Woods said of his opponent in Monday’s 18-hole playoff at the 108th U.S. Open. “He's been a friend of mine ever since I've been out here on Tour. We'll talk. But we'll also understand we're try to win a U.S. Open. And we'll have our moments where we'll go our separate ways and be focused for each and every shot.”

Mediate, 45, can’t help but think himself fortunate to be in this position, given his struggles with back injuries and his record in majors. He can’t help but be impressed by Woods. Who isn’t? He can’t help but think that this is all a dream.

But so close to his first major, he isn’t backing down. Considering that he has hit as many greens as Woods (46) and struck the same number of putts (115), Mediate actually has to feel good about what he’s done so far. After all, despite Woods’ surgically repaired and still sore knee, he’s averaging nearly 40 more yards off the tee than Mediate.

But there they are at 1 under 283 after Mediate shot even-par 71 and Woods 73 – on a course on which Woods has won six pro titles and seven tournaments overall (including a Junior World). Mediate pushed him to the limit, forcing Woods to make one last key shot. Of course, he came through. But Mediate wasn’t disappointed.
Quote:
“To go up against the best player in the world and have a chance to beat him, there's nothing else you can ask for, period,” said Mediate, who actually has beaten Woods head to head, in 1999, at the FBR Open.

The way Mediate has talked this week, his demeanor, it suggests that the playoff will be a Tiger against a stuffed bear. But Mediate is a competitor, too. Very much so. And he’s feeling the clock ticking, so he’s more dangerous than he lets on.

“Of course I want to win. Of course I do. I wanted to win [Sunday] and I thought I had a pretty good shot at it. And I made him do something today and he did it, which is amazing.”

Now, perhaps, it’s Mediate’s turn. He’ll be the nice guy he is, talk Woods' ears off, and play to the crowd. He’ll smile.

Woods is expecting no less. “He's played well in U.S. Opens before, and he hits that nice little draw out there and it's good to see him healthy again,” Woods said. “I know this is one of the very few times that ‑‑ last year he wasn't in the situation where he could play. Now he's healthy enough to play pain free, and he's got all the talent in the world. Now he's shown us.”

But he wants to show a bit more. And have something to show for it – the national title, the oldest to win it, the highest ranked player to ever win it since the Official World Golf Ranking was created in 1986, when Woods was 11 and Mediate was a PGA Tour rookie with dreams.

“The competitiveness, of course I'm going to try to win,” Mediate said. “He wants to kill me. I want to kill him. That's just how it is. But it's going to be a very entertaining day, I can assure you of that.”

Ref: Official Site of US Open
First Round Grouping & T Times

Last edited by BANFAN; June 12, 2009 at 03:27 PM..

Old June 12, 2009, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Last Time at Bethpage Tiger Won it on Friday, Him and Lefty were the only ones to Break Par.

Bethpage Black is a Public Links Course which is cool, If I ever practice and Pick up Golf I'll see if I can Break 110.

Old June 17, 2009, 10:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Big Ben shot 81 there last week as a challenge from Tiger Woods who told him that he couldn't pass 100. Thats how City of Champions roll. Ben, Sid..yay..
Old June 17, 2009, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09163/976987-100.stm

Here you go..
Old June 17, 2009, 12:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I have a lot of respect for Rocco Mediate. His easy going, care free smile makes him very humble. Actually golf makes people humble. However, I am sorry to say, I don't think he can make the cut this time around.

If not Tiger...

In Columbia they call me "Spiderman". I want him to win or at least compete in the last day. That boy is not only flair but has serious game.
+++
Haven't been following golf around lately. The entire weekend have engagements. So will see the score after wards.
+++
City of winners lately, Congrats. How is Pirates are doing? Can they get a NBA team? Sacto wants to move.
Old June 17, 2009, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Pirates? Pirates? thats a AAA team man. Don't belong here.

City of champions for sure. 11 pro championships since '73 for a moderate size city. 6-Steelers 3-Pens
2-Pirates ( they were good at one point ). Not many cities can boast of that number in that time span.

NBA won't survive here. It is a College basketball town.
Old June 17, 2009, 04:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Boston: Redsox, Bruins, Patriots, Celtics.

NY: Giants, Knicks, Rangers, Yankees.

LA: Raiders, Lakers, Dodgers, Rams, Angels, Ducks.

Certainly Pittsburgh is among the top ones. I wasn't disrespecting. Just wanted to know how Pirates were doing. It been long time since I followed MLB. Roids and cork bats have driven me out.
Old June 17, 2009, 04:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Early tee time for Tiger. What a group he is in.

Harrington and Cabrera. Upclose and personal. Hoping to read on small battles with the 3 way war.
Old June 18, 2009, 05:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Golf is watchable again now that Tiger's back. Amazing how that works ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 18, 2009, 10:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Rain intrruption. Most of those who started finished 5/6 holes. These are some amazing scores at Bethpage.

+7 Edwardo Romereo after 5.
+5 Luke Donald after 5, Jeev Singh after 8, Chad Campbell after 7.
+4 Harrington (Tiger's group) after 6.

Tiger made a double (par 4) at 5. Came back with a birdie (par 4) and sitting +1 after 6. First four holes were par.
Old June 19, 2009, 11:26 AM
Cricket Savant

four holes to go he was at even. finishes 4 over??? Come on Tiger. Don't make a game out of nothing. Finish them now so that sunday I don't have sweat.
Old June 19, 2009, 03:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Poor show from Tiger so far. He is 10 shots away from the leader. Very difficult to cover this up but if someone can come up from this position, it's tiger. Let's see what he does in third round
Old June 19, 2009, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

10 shot and he made the cut? Lucky I must say.
Old June 19, 2009, 04:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Tiger tied on 81 in the leaderboard at +4 & Mediate on 6 position at -2. Come on Tiger ...
Old June 19, 2009, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Poor show from Tiger so far. He is 10 shots away from the leader. Very difficult to cover this up but if someone can come up from this position, it's tiger. Let's see what he does in third round
they just finished the 1st round 2nd round in progress

Tigers 2nd round is 1:36 PM tommorow

US OPen will finish on Tuesday with the Rain were going to get here in NYC
Old June 23, 2009, 02:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Annoying to see Barnes blow that -7. Tiger's charge never materialized. Was rooting for Phil at point but to no avail. 5-time runner up now. The now pear shaped Duval's play was interesting also. I guess any decent golfer has a better than decent shot at winning in such an unplayable course.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 23, 2009, 12:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Tiger was no where, so lost interest

@ # 6, 4 shots away from the leader. Today he played well though, -1 not bad in this course.

Glover takes the title, experienced Mickelson is # 2.

Last edited by BANFAN; June 23, 2009 at 01:06 PM..
Old June 23, 2009, 12:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Was pleased to see Duval in contention. He was the Mini Tiger before Tiger. Or more like he was the Shark after Shark.
Old July 3, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Tiger wins AT&T National......Looking forward towards is comeback in a Major..

Golf is far less competitive without an inform Tiger..

(Not the appropriate thread)

Last edited by BANFAN; July 3, 2012 at 03:44 PM..