facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2012, 03:53 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default গভীর রাতে নাটকীয় সিদ্ধান্ত, বরিশাল সেমিতে!

গভীর রাতে নাটকীয় সিদ্ধান্ত, বরিশাল সেমিতে!

ঢাকা: টেলিভিশনের স্ক্রিনে ভেসে উঠেছিলো বরিশাল সেমিফাইনালে। বিপিএল ওয়েব সাইটেও তাই প্রচার করা হয়। বিসিবি স্কোরারদের কাছ থেকেও পাওয়া যায় একই তথ্য। এরপর কোন সংশয় ছিলো না বরিশাল বার্নার্সের। চিটাগং কিংসকে ১৫ ওভারে হারিয়ে সেমিফাইনাল নিশ্চিত জেনে মুহূর্তটি উদযাপন করে বরিশাল।

একদিন পরে সোমবার বিকেলে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের কর্মকর্তারা জানান বরিশাল সেমিফাইনালে যাচ্ছে না! বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু তখন পর্যন্ত বাইলজের ধারা মনযোগ দিয়ে পড়ে দেখেননি! ফ্রেঞ্চাইজি দলগুলোও ওই বিষয়ে পরিষ্কার ছিলো না।

সোমবার সন্ধ্যায় প্রেসবক্সে সাংবাদিকদের ব্যাখ্যা দিয়ে লিপু বোঝান হেড-টু-হেডে এগিয়ে থাকায় বরিশাল নয় চিটাগং কিংস সেমিফাইনালে। আপত্তি তোলে বরিশালের কর্মকর্তারা। লিগ পর্বের খেলা শেষ হলে জরুরী বৈঠকে বসেন বিপিএল টেকনিক্যাল কমিটি ও বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের কর্মকর্তারা। টুর্নামেন্টের বাইলজের ধারা-উপধারাগুলো খতিয়ে দেখার পর শেষে সিদ্ধান্তে আসে চিটাগং নয় বরিশাল সেমিফাইনালে!

গভীর রাতের সিদ্ধান্ত অনুযায়ী মঙ্গলবার বিপিএলের সেমিফাইনাল খেলছে দুরন্ত রাজশাহী, খুলনা রয়েল বেঙ্গলস, ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরস ও বরিশাল বার্নার্স।

হেট-টু-হেড এবং রনগড়ের জটিল সমীকরণের ধোয়াশা এবং বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের চেয়ারম্যান লিপুর ভুলের মাশুল গুণতে হয় সংবাদ মাধ্যমকে। বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের ভুলে পুরো জাতির কাছে পৌঁছে যায় বিভ্রান্তিকর তথ্য।

অতএব মঙ্গলবার প্রথম সেমিফাইনাল হবে দুপুর ২টায় রাজশাহীর বিপক্ষে বরিশাল বার্নার্সের। দ্বিতীয় সেমিফাইনাল হবে সন্ধ্যা সাড়ে ছয়টায় খুলনা ও ঢাকার মধ্যে।

বাংলাদেশ সময়: ২০১১ ঘণ্টা, ফেব্রুয়ারি ২৭, ২০১২

Source>>

Old February 27, 2012, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Default The Semi-Final conundrum - apparently BB is in semis!

Quote:
Governing Council & Technical Committee rule Barisal Burners are 4th qualifier for semis

The BPL Governing Council and the event Technical Committee for BPL T20 have ruled that Barisal Burners are the 4th qualifiers for today's semifinals. The decision was taken after an issue had been raised in regards to the positions of the three teams (Dhaka Gladiators, Barisal Burners & Chittagong Kings) finishing on equal points behind Duronto Rajshahi and Khulna Royal Bengals. The top four teams qualify for the semifinals with number one playing the fourth positioned side and number two taking on the third placed team.

In a joint meeting the BPL Governing Council and Technical Committee examined the playing conditions and its interpretations and made the following ruling:

1. Duronto Rajshahi (14 points) and Khulna Royal Bengals (12 points) finished top two on points and qualify for the semis as the 1st and 2nd placed teams respectively.

2. Three teams - Dhaka Gladiators, Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings are on equal (10) points. Dhaka Gladiators have most wins from meetings with Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings and therefore qualify as the 3rd semifinalist.

3. With Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings both having one win against each other the 4th qualifier had to be decided on the basis of superior net run rate. Barisal edged ahead of Chittagong on net run rate to become the 4th semifinalist.

The BPL Governing Council and Technical Committee sincerely regret any misunderstanding that may have risen regarding this issue.

Semifinal Lineup

1st Semifinal: Duronto Rajshahi (1) v Barisal Burners (4)

Match starts at 2pm

1st Semifinal: Khulna Royal Bengals (2) v Dhaka Gladiators (3)

Match starts at 6:30pm
Courtesy: SAJ from PakPassion, reliable enough so.
Old February 27, 2012, 04:17 PM

Ha! Ha!! Thanks for the laugh BCB!!!
Old February 27, 2012, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

eita ekdom 100% deshi natok.... india/pakistan keu parbena emon jinish dite.... BPL ki emni emni no 1 naki.....

p.s: have to wait till the toss tomorrow to see who's actually playing. dekha jabe Duronto Rajshahi re baad diye Chittagong Barisal semi-final kheltese....
Old February 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
eita ekdom 100% deshi natok.... india/pakistan keu parbena emon jinish dite.... BPL ki emni emni no 1 naki.....

p.s: have to wait till the toss tomorrow to see who's actually playing. dekha jabe Duronto Rajshahi re baad diye Chittagong Barisal semi-final kheltese....
etao ekta boro achievement
Old February 27, 2012, 04:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
etao ekta boro achievement
The greatest entertainment currently held in Dhaka.

Shere Bangla National Comedy Studio-m
Old February 27, 2012, 04:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু

Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu beta ekta incompetent chagol.
Old February 27, 2012, 04:50 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু

Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu beta ekta incompetent chagol.
chagol ke eto choto koren keno??
kubanir somoy chagol onek kaje lage, lipu to tao na
Old February 27, 2012, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Niomito, natok .
Documented Drama.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...postcount=1741
Old February 27, 2012, 04:56 PM
Chief Moderator

Cricinfo >> Barisal Burners vs Duronto Rajshahi
BPLT20 >> duronto rajshahi vs chittagong kings 1st Semi Final Feb 28, 2012 14:30:00 pm (2:30 PM BDT | 8:30 AM GMT)

Old February 27, 2012, 04:58 PM
Chief Moderator

Barisal named as 4th semi-finalist

In quite the U-turn, the BPL Governing Council and the event Technical Committee for BPL T20 have ruled early today morning that Barisal Burners are to be the 4th qualifiers for today's semifinals.
The decision was taken after an issue had been raised in regards to the positions of the three teams (Dhaka Gladiators, Barisal Burners & Chittagong Kings) finishing on equal points behind Duronto Rajshahi and Khulna Royal Bengals. The top four teams qualify for the semifinals with number one playing the fourth positioned side and number two taking on the third placed team.
After an earlier meeting on Monday evening, it was announced that Chittagong Kings would go through on the basis of a superior head-to-head record compared to Barisal’s among the three teams tied on ten points.
But later the same day a joint meeting by the BPL Governing Council and Technical Committee examined the playing conditions and its interpretations and made the following ruling:
1. Duronto Rajshahi (14 points) and Khulna Royal Bengals (12 points) finished top two on points and qualify for the semis as the 1st and 2nd placed teams respectively.
2. Three teams - Dhaka Gladiators, Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings are on equal (10) points. Dhaka Gladiators have most wins from meetings with Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings and therefore qualify as the 3rd semifinalist.
3. With Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings both having one win against each other the 4th qualifier had to be decided on the basis of superior net run rate. Barisal edged ahead of Chittagong on net run rate to become the 4th semifinalist.
The BPL Governing Council and Technical Committee sincerely regret any misunderstanding that may have risen regarding this issue.
Semifinal Lineup
1st Semifinal: Duronto Rajshahi (1) v Barisal Burners (4)
Match starts at 2pm
1st Semifinal: Khulna Royal Bengals (2) v Dhaka Gladiators (3)
Match starts at 6:30pm

http://bplt20.com.bd/news/barisal-na...alist-bpl.html

Old February 27, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Cricinfo >> Barisal Burners vs Duronto Rajshahi
BPLT20 >> duronto rajshahi vs chittagong kings 1st Semi Final Feb 28, 2012 14:30:00 pm (2:30 PM BDT | 8:30 AM GMT)
Old February 27, 2012, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Ai hai, aitato shanghatik.
Old February 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
It works for me.

Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

This H2H is pretty darn confusing.

What if Dhaka had the same number of wins as the other two ? What would be the deciding factor there. NRR ? So the highest NRR goes thru and we are down to H2H between the remaining two. if their no of wins also matches we do a NRR again. So technically the H2H is only interfereing when there are two teams so therefore its not the following deciding factor after points if three or more teams have the same no of points.(H2H between three, as previous, is ridiculus. What were they thinking?)

And now since Dhaka is thru with most no of wins out of three, we are doing a H2h between kings and burners.

So basically no one knows which would be the deciding factor, the NRR or H2H if you have the same points. To know that you also have to take into account the no of teams who have the same points and additionally the no of wins you have with each other.

Intresting if we knew about this before but it looks pretty stupid right now.
Cricket Legend

Old February 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

CAS Switzerland lagbey
Old February 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It works for me.
Things are changing so fast the www is failing. In the link should be current, not currenat.
Old February 27, 2012, 05:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Niomito, natok .
Documented Drama.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...postcount=1741
Just saw this, interesting the clause only talks about three teams having the same points, what if they also have the same no of wins ? cant that happen ?

edit: read again carfully, it says it right there. Okay I am satisfied understanding the creterion or "documented natok".
Old February 27, 2012, 05:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Law's Lineup limited in longevity by lurking lines in League Law
thought I would add this alliteration
Old February 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Barisal named as 4th semi-finalist

But later the same day a joint meeting by the BPL Governing Council and Technical Committee examined the playing conditions and its interpretations and made the following ruling:

http://bplt20.com.bd/news/barisal-na...alist-bpl.html
"Dhaka Gladiators have most wins from meetings with Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings and therefore qualify as the 3rd semifinalist"

Hang on, so here they are taking into account DG's result against both CK and BB. DG have 3 win out of 4.

"With Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings both having one win against each other the 4th qualifier had to be decided on the basis of superior net run rate. "

CK have 2 win out of 4 against DG and BB. BB have only 1 win out of 4 against DG & CK.Now how come they are considering BB and CK's result only against each other and not against DG.

The dcocument of rules clearly states that the number of wins in between multiple teams tied on the same point would come ahead of NRR. The number of win being considered here is not against each other, it's against the rest of the two or more teams tied on the same point. If it was only against each other as they are pointing out for CK & BB, then DG wouldn't qualify ahead of CK as they are 1-1 against each other.

After reading the rules, now i feel that CK have been robbed.

Lipu and the BPL Governing Council are pure jokes. Also how come they were allowing teams to fly in players at this stage of the tournament? CK were supposed to fly in Wahab Riaz and Umar Akmal. I know they provided an window to sign in 4 additional players in the middle of the tournament, but that window was closed on the 22nd of Feb. As it stands,any team can essentially bring in any player at any time. Then what's the point of an auction?
Old February 27, 2012, 06:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Oh my my!! Gah Lipu would beat circus jokers hands down.
Old February 27, 2012, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Law's Lineup limited in longevity by lurking lines in League Law
thought I would add this alliteration
Brilliant!

Cricket canon conundrum confuses correspondents.
Old February 27, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

not sure what BPL committee can do at this point. Any decision will be a mess unless they choose to make CTG and BRSL playoff against each other with a mutual decision and alter the schedule (or force them to play an early game).

Per the written law it really should be CTG, but a big mess has been made by not notifying/clarifying with officials and broadcasters.
Old February 27, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Brilliant!

Cricket canon conundrum confuses correspondents.
Heh heh touche! And C for Chittagone , I mean, Chittagong as well.