facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 26, 2014, 01:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib
Talking Ya we got whitewashed. So? Back to old habits - lets find positives!

Fast bowling - Has to top the list. Must say Heath Streak has done a good job in this short span of time.

Taskin - Judging by how Streak is doing his work, we can be hopeful that Taskin will be in good hands and coming out as a deadly bowler by next year WC.

Tamim - Ya he is no longer a positive..buuuut, hes finally getting started. 20-30 odd now. Lets hope he regularly gets 50 odd by the WC15.

Hathurusinghe - Well, you can be glad that Hathuru Da did not have a pleasant/dreamy start. This will actually plant his feet on the ground and realize that these players need to be spanked even harder to produce results - unlike the case with SJ where back to back series wins dawned a period of 'ohwearewinningsoallisgood', which actually started this downfall.

Shakib - Lets hope Papon understands, with this result, how badly Shakib needs to be playing.

Got anymore? Shoot up..

Old August 26, 2014, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

There is nothing positive about chasing a score of 300+ with an avg rr of around 4.5 throughout 50 overs. Only one that had over 100 SR was mash. Mr captain who always pin points at "no one wants to win badly" played with a SR of under 70. WTF kind of attitude is that ...
Old August 26, 2014, 02:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

We've had many moral victories in the tour so far. Let me focus on the third and final ODI as an example.

1. We restricted them below 350.

2. We denied Ramdin an ODI 200.

3. We denied Bravo an ODI 150.

4. We took care of Gayle and Pollard like gangstahz.

5. We had them worried for a few overs when both Mortaza and AA Hossain were bowling their opening spell with venom and perfect length.

6. Unlike Chuck and Rex, Sissypuss didn't concede 50 runs.

7. Mrs. Benson and Mrs. Bogura (rtd.) scored 50s to add to their international runs in this format. When 30 is the new 100 for us, and only us, their combined 132 was really like scoring almost 300 runs in a single match! By the same logic, Mrs. Mahjabeen Has-been, Sissypuss, and Chuck were very close to their ODI 100s also.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 26, 2014, 02:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

@Jadukor - I feel you bro. But well, its for good. Guess its time Coach realizes that Mushy cant captain this side. Its either Coach not doing his work with him or Mushy isnt ready to listen. I'll bet on the latter though.
Old August 26, 2014, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

No one seems to be giving Windies any credit. Even without a coach they seem to be in good shape and form, probably due to CPL. While we did have a shout at some point in the first two games, overall we were beaten by a far superior team. The way Narine got the ball to spin, bound to trouble even the best in the business.

My positives:
1) Improved pace bowling. At least they appear to be bowling with a plan. Al Amin is a real find.
2) Fielding is better than how it was in Asia Cup, WCT20, India series. Maybe the players are fitter, and maybe early signs of Halsall.
3) Good to see Tamim Iqbal find some confidence, and spend some time in the crease. Remember the Tamim a couple of months ago? He didnt know what he was doing and wouldnt even

Negatives
1) Still we are clueless about batting order. Imrul Kayes and Shamsur Rahman shouldnt be a part of Bangladesh's squad. Mahmudullah also shouldnt bat so high, as he again proved he is unreliable
2) Condition of our spin attack is woeful. There was turn in the track and it seemed like Riyad was getting more rip than Gazi or Razzak. We have a spin attack to save runs, but not to take wickets. But T20 has changed cricket in such a way saving runs is not an option. An opposition can change the match in ten overs
3) Bowling often lacks killer instict, while batting lacks backbone. Captain also has a role here with his decision making. We could have easily won the first game had we attacked with 5 wickets down, or at least we could have clogged the runs. Second game was also winnable.
4) Ugly collapse- We seem to be becoming master of collapses. Losing 7 wickets for 10-15 runs. Becoming a familiar story.

We must brace for a difficult test series and t20 match. Judging by our confidence and their form, we should just aim at individual and team improvements rather than having any remote expectations of repeating 2009.
Old August 26, 2014, 03:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Yes we did.. We did...

Avoided our lowest ever score
Old August 26, 2014, 03:45 AM
Banned

Positives?

Mash once again takes wickets in the first few overs.
Anamul's 100
Tamim's back to form
Mushfiq uses part-time bowlers when nothing's working
Old August 26, 2014, 03:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Tamim scoring something cause let's face it he'll be I'm the team even if scoring 0s and 1s consistently. Might as well have him score something.

Al Amin is a decent death overs bowler

That's about it? One can hope Mushfiq's intent with the bat in this game shows how hopeless he is to the BCB.
Old August 26, 2014, 06:01 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

No one is giving any credit to west indies because they would have lost the series to a stronger opposition. They played quality cricket in the third ODI but they were not convincing in the first two. Of course against us it didn't matter because we are the worst team in cricket history. Even Zimbabwe had their glory days at some point but not us. From youth championships to ICC tournaments we have done jack and even though we used to defend ourselves that it will all change over time but the sad truth is it wont. I hoped when kapali ash and aftab came along... the change did not happen... then shakib tamim mushy came along and still we are back to zero. So why should taskin, anamul and mominul be any better? Yes they are more skilled than shujon rokon and co... But the rest of the world is also skilled than Artherton and co. The rest of the world is advancing at a better rate than us because otherwise at least at u19 level we would have won something. Look at our u19 team now.. another one trick pony led by mosaddek and bunch of spinners with no mystery
Old August 26, 2014, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Man you summarized our 14 years of international cricket so masterfully!

There was a time i used to argue with my SL friends, when Vaas, Murali retire, we ll see how you ll fare. Then it became when Mahela and Sanga retire, we ll see how you fare against Bangladesh. I guess my hope of Bangladesh surpassing Sri Lanka will perennially remain in the future.
Old August 26, 2014, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Positive(s): I didn't waste my time watching any of these games live.
Old August 26, 2014, 08:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Positives

Al Amin bowled well and looks a class act
Bowling wise there are some positives to take, the first ODI especially. You lost but had Windies in a heap.
Anamul can play well on tough surfaces and isnt just an FTB. Has great potential
Fielding was pretty decent
Nice jersey (still counts )

Negatives
Pathetic batting in the 2nd ODI.
Death bowling let you down.
Poor captaincy.
A full member nation batting an entire 50 overs with absolutely 0 intent to even challenge the total was embarrassing to watch. A waste of everyone's time
Questions already about the new set up
Old August 26, 2014, 08:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Man you summarized our 14 years of international cricket so masterfully!

There was a time i used to argue with my SL friends, when Vaas, Murali retire, we ll see how you ll fare. Then it became when Mahela and Sanga retire, we ll see how you fare against Bangladesh. I guess my hope of Bangladesh surpassing Sri Lanka will perennially remain in the future.
Our only hope is to restart the BPL which will likely come back this season. The BPL I thought really did wonders for our team regarding their self belief and it showed in their results. Nearly won the Asia Cup, beat the WI at home, tied SL away and whitewashed NZ. As soon as the BPL was gone this same team has gotten miserable. Just goes to show how some quality domestic cricket and can push tour players to do better.

I don't think we'll ever be a top 3 or 4 team but this team can do better.
Old August 26, 2014, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Absolutely correct. The intensity, pressure of BPL was similar to international cricket. Also players got exposed to quality foreign cricketers even if many of them were B or C Grade. The confidence of players skyrocketed, and the fear factor was reduced. This is also how India has risen to the top imo.

Now imagine if a visionary President can develop a similar competitive first class format bringing in foreign players, increasing funds, competition. Sad thing is BCB knows this, yet dont do anything about it.
Old August 26, 2014, 10:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Absolutely correct. The intensity, pressure of BPL was similar to international cricket. Also players got exposed to quality foreign cricketers even if many of them were B or C Grade. The confidence of players skyrocketed, and the fear factor was reduced. This is also how India has risen to the top imo.

Now imagine if a visionary President can develop a similar competitive first class format bringing in foreign players, increasing funds, competition. Sad thing is BCB knows this, yet dont do anything about it.
This is why I don't want to place all the blame on our players. Their not excused for their performances obviously but at the same time you need to give them help so that they can adapt to international cricket easier. The problem back in the days before the BPL was that as soon as international tours were done, they'd go back to picnic cricket and therefore once they went on their next international tour, they were not close to being prepared. BPL bridged that gap and our players were far more prepared going in to international tours. Our players aren't the greatest but they proved on more than a few tours that with the right help they can perform.

For example on this tour, what cricket did they play to get them ready? A few BCL matches? Sorry but that's not enough for an away tour against a team like the WI. So let's hope BPL can make a comeback
Old August 26, 2014, 10:53 AM
Cricket Guru

We are back to where we are at 2003..all negatives supercede any one or two force koira positives (e.g. shommajonok porajoy, batting with 70 avg to chase 340 run)
Players Changed -> didn't work
Coaches Changed -> didn't work
Staff Changed -> didn't work
BCB Changed? -> only this is left but they will never change the way they run our cricket.
Old August 26, 2014, 01:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

positives are:
Tamim back in form
Anamul's one good innings
Mushy managing a 50+
Mash and Al Amin's bowling.
Old August 26, 2014, 01:25 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

It's hard to find positives from a series where everything went wrong. Selection, captaincy, shot selections..you name it.

But if you want positives out of this disastrous tour so far, I could come up with only 2 things.

1. Heath Streak--Made a positive impact on our bowlers. They did really well during death overs apart from Mash's one over. Hope they will keep up the good work.

2--Mushy's captaincy came under the radar..Every one realized how foolish of a captain Mushfiq really is. Well..Don't know about BCB, but most fans even the media started to talk about his shortcomings. Hope BCB will apprehend it and will take actions
Old August 26, 2014, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

We are lucky to have Heath Streak. He ll be a world class head coach in future following the footsteps of Andy Flower, Dave Houghton and Duncan Fletcher.

I hope BCB has him in our long term plans and doesnt end with misunderstanding which it has with so many past coaches.
Old August 27, 2014, 04:51 AM
Cricket Guru

^ lol I wonder if the Indians will agree with you on Fletcher
Old August 27, 2014, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Lol. Indians wont even mind sending Dhoni to the guillotine. But Fletcher did a terrific job with England. If India only play home matches, then they will once again put Fletcher back on the throne.
Old August 27, 2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

eto negative - r moddhe amra fan ra positive khojar chestha kori, ai karoney ajke amader ai oboshta.
1 positive pailey amra triptir dekhor toli, ar bad baki 1000000000000 negatives bhule jai. Ai shamless cricketer der ke follow korte korte amra FAN rao shameless hoie gechi (including me).