facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 18, 2013, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

even chandler got a rebound lol...

Old May 18, 2013, 09:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

And Chandler has fouled out. Only Melo, Shumpert, and Copeland have come to play. Lets hope it's enough
Old May 18, 2013, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

carmelo hero to zero....poor passes..... momemtum lost
Old May 18, 2013, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

In the end Indiana deserved the victory. They played the better game and were the better team this series. Knicks will need to bring in some changes.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Disappointing game and series for Knicks. Really upsetting. They don't attack the rim and afraid to go even to the paint. The jump shots and 3 pointers can't win a game. And let's not talk about rebounds.

Carmelo had a good game but clearly lacked support. He reminds me of Shakib. A player far better than the rest of the team but just can't alone make the team win. And Woodson is maybe like Shane Jurgs. Good performance coz most players fired in reg season (JR smith, 6th man of the year)

After such a good regular season, it's heart breaking to go out this way.
Old May 19, 2013, 12:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

That block on Melo's dunk attempt in the 4th Qtr defined everything. Miami series will be interesting. Had it was LeBron I wonder would he even try to attempt to block it? Clearly Indiana was the better team tonight. Slashing in the middle, rebounding ROTATING the ball (missed many yet, Knicks had to work hard on defense - which took their legs out in the 4th)

Some of the calls were iffy, yet there was several in the 4th the ref didn't call for Indiana.
Old May 19, 2013, 01:10 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Breaking News:
Quote:
Heat swept the Pacers
Heat in 4. I got money on that. Knicks unlucky to not get game 7. Refs screwed that **** up.
Old May 19, 2013, 03:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Knicks are a team built to win by gunning away - how many teams have succeeded like that in the playoffs?

-Kono D khele na - or they don't know how to(Carmelo certainly doesn't - worst superstar defensively)
-No inside/interior game, Tyson Chandler ke kanna korai-a chaarse Hibbert
-options B and C just aren't very good.

Knicks good enough for the playoffs, but not much else. Ami bolbo not a disappointing ending, more par for course.
Old May 19, 2013, 08:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiators
Knicks are a team built to win by gunning away - how many teams have succeeded like that in the playoffs?

-Kono D khele na - or they don't know how to(Carmelo certainly doesn't - worst superstar defensively)
-No inside/interior game, Tyson Chandler ke kanna korai-a chaarse Hibbert
-options B and C just aren't very good.

Knicks good enough for the playoffs, but not much else. Ami bolbo not a disappointing ending, more par for course.
The only team gunning away and winning in recent times was Dallas. Dirk is 10 times better in playing the team game. A mismatch problem for all forwards yet can shoot lights out.

Amare not playing did them. Next year similar thing will happen because Indiana, Miami are going nowhere. Plus the Bulls will be scary strong. First series home court then gets knocked out.
Old May 19, 2013, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Indiana will only get better next year when they get their best player Danny Granger back.

As for Tyson, I'm still hesitant to throw in the towel on him. He was the heart and soul of the Dallas team that won the Championship couple of years ago. He singlehandedly defended the paint night in and night out. Dallas has been a mediocre team ever since they let him go. Tyson was playing at a pretty decent level with the Knicks last year and this, until he injured his neck with few weeks left in the regular season. Ever since he's looked a totally different player. I have a feeling his neck injury is more serious than what people think and it's throwing his balance off. He's just toughing it out and we'll learn more about it soon. If he's able to make a full recovery during the off season he can't be considered past his prime at the age of 30.

J.R. is supposed to be the sixth man coming off the bench. Can't expect him to play like a superstar every night.

For me Amare is the big concern. He's had so many surgeries on his back, knees and even eye, not sure any team would be willing to take him for half the 20 million he'll be making next year. Offensively he's alright, but he won't get better defensively at this stage of his career. And his biggest concern is staying healthy.

Knicks are developing some good young players, but not sure why they signed a bunch of 40 year olds to 2-3 year contracts, which will be hard to discard. These should've been only 1 year contracts.
Old May 19, 2013, 08:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Bottom line is the Knicks will have to reload. This team needs more pieces in order to make a run. 1st step is to get rid of JR. The guy does more harm than good. Hope the older players also retire and we get new fresh bodies. I'd love for them to get another star player alongsides Melo but with Amare and Chandlers huge contracts, that'll be unlikely.
Old May 20, 2013, 09:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

good analysis by both zman and tiger444 bhai. nice to see some knicks fan here . Even if we won against the pacers, there was no way we were getting past Miami with this offense. Beating Miami 4 times would be just impossible.

But I am conflicted about JR. He was playing superbly and after that one match suspension he just lost it. I wasn't impressed with Felton. As a PG he should move the ball more. I really wish they get Curry from Golden State. Amare is just useless now.

Knicks now should get some young players.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
good analysis by both zman and tiger444 bhai. nice to see some knicks fan here . Even if we won against the pacers, there was no way we were getting past Miami with this offense. Beating Miami 4 times would be just impossible.

But I am conflicted about JR. He was playing superbly and after that one match suspension he just lost it. I wasn't impressed with Felton. As a PG he should move the ball more. I really wish they get Curry from Golden State. Amare is just useless now.

Knicks now should get some young players.
JR has always been an underachiever. At times, he shows how much talent he's got but he can never really play up to his potential. Yet another player coming straight from high school who was clearly not ready to make the jump. We just have to move on from him. He's not a 2nd or 3rd option we're looking for.

Felton isn't bad either but again, not the answer to being our 3rd option or starting PG. He can be a serviceable backup but he's always been a good backup PG, fringe starter.

We have the 24th pick in the draft and we should be looking for a guy that can help us straight away. We can go for any player really due to the lack of depth on the team.

Bottom line, Carmelo needs help. He needs better 2nd and 3rd options. So that's where I want to see improvements for next year's team.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Knicks are a spoiled team with no team chemistry. Melo has Amare and Chandler already, so what more do Knicks fans want? If you can't gel, you can't do well. Can't just bring in new players every season.

But anyway, what caused them their downfall this playoffs is the disappearance of JR. He was the reason they finished no. 2 in the east anyway, so can't just yank out one huge variable and expect the same side.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Spurs khub ekta bhalo khelche naa, but OT and crucial moments-e experience and class is showing. 3-0

Pacers playing very well against Miami - unlucky to be 1-1 and not 2-0. Wade toh shesh - NBA TV old highlights dekhai, and Wade completely different player chilo, quicker and more willing to go inside.

LeBron against Pacers - if anyone can do it, he can. But it doesn't look like this will be easy.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:53 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Spurs in 4, Heat in 6. Mmw
Old May 26, 2013, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiators

Pacers playing very well against Miami - unlucky to be 1-1 and not 2-0. y.
totally supporting pacers all the way. they are just a gritty cool team. very frustating for opposing supporters... i was at te end of it... nw gonna enjoy..

any team that passed this knicks team deserves to win the title.
Old May 26, 2013, 01:31 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
totally supporting pacers all the way. they are just a gritty cool team. very frustating for opposing supporters... i was at te end of it... nw gonna enjoy..

any team that passed this knicks team deserves to win the title.
hate the heat, but I want them to win it, so I don't have to hear people whine and bitch so much about lebron!
Old May 26, 2013, 06:36 PM
Cricket Guru

I honestly don't see the Heat winning. Theyre just overmatched inside. Handling Hibbert is hard enough but they have West whose also very good inside. Miami only has Bosh and he's not even a real big man. Bird man is trying his best but he can't do it alone inside. If Miami wants to continue to win championships, then they need a few decent big men. Right now they just seem a better version of the Knicks

And Memphis really blew it last night. They've been overmatched by the Spurs' experience.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Heat have LeBron - seriously as long as they have him...they can and will beat anyone
Old May 27, 2013, 08:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Haslem made a big difference inside in this game. Without his contribution, it would be a tight game again. Also George disappeared which didn't help the Pacers.

Do or die game for Indiana next up. Just shows how quickly scenarios can change in the playoffs
Old May 27, 2013, 09:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I honestly don't see the Heat winning. Theyre just overmatched inside. Handling Hibbert is hard enough but they have West whose also very good inside. Miami only has Bosh and he's not even a real big man. Bird man is trying his best but he can't do it alone inside. If Miami wants to continue to win championships, then they need a few decent big men. Right now they just seem a better version of the Knicks

And Memphis really blew it last night. They've been overmatched by the Spurs' experience.
The playoff starts when a team gets a road win. Just so that you know many of these games are already pre-determind. Talk about match fixing... in Vegas.

Heat had the capability to go 16-0 in the playoffs. However, home games generate tremendous amount of money. Sometimes teams make deal privately. Everything is about MONEY. A better version of WWE. I was surprized the Lakers losing 4 straight.
Old May 27, 2013, 09:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The playoff starts when a team gets a road win. Just so that you know many of these games are already pre-determind. Talk about match fixing... in Vegas.

Heat had the capability to go 16-0 in the playoffs. However, home games generate tremendous amount of money. Sometimes teams make deal privately. Everything is about MONEY. A better version of WWE. I was surprized the Lakers losing 4 straight.
That's why there just isn't as much passion in sports anymore. Everything just seems to be about money.
Old May 28, 2013, 10:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Pacers tie the series - 2-2

Best of 3 now - mini series
Old May 30, 2013, 10:03 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

LbJ's speech at the half. That's right! Who from our BD team can do that and charge up the whole team? LOL Rahim? Only Shakib could, he had the fire. Too bad people are used to sissy BS so they couldn't handle it.