facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 13, 2012, 02:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Countdown to Shahadat and Rubel's milestones

We are soon going to be fortunate enough to be the only test team in history to have two "bowlers" with a test average of over 50 and 100. Shahadat's current average is 49.79 and very soon he will reach his half century while Rubel is currently averaging 84 and if he keeps up his good work then will soon reach his hundred by the end of the 2nd test (his 14th test). Bradman who?

Old November 13, 2012, 03:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Update: I am happy to tell you guys that Shahadat has managed to reach his half century within 3 balls of his new spell giving 3 fours. He now proudly averages 50 in test cricket in 33 tests.
Old November 13, 2012, 03:19 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Congrats Shahadat. Well done. You've worked really hard to achieve this milestone. It's a proud feeling having a 50+ average player in our team. It brings a tear to my eyes.
Old November 13, 2012, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Who's this BrianLara7? He looks like a West Indian supporter but Bangladeshi. Because he said in his first post ''We are soon going to be fortunate enough to be the only test team in history to have two "bowlers" with a test average of over 50 and 100.''
Old November 13, 2012, 03:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
Who's this BrianLara7? He looks like a West Indian supporter but Bangladeshi. Because he said in his first post ''We are soon going to be fortunate enough to be the only test team in history to have two "bowlers" with a test average of over 50 and 100.''
I am Bangladeshi but Lara is my favorite player ever. Asha kori apni amar kotha bujhe chen, naki west indies accent e bolbo?
Old November 13, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Hopefully this is the last Test cap they get. They need to be dropped for the next test and replaced with Nazmul and Sunny.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 13, 2012, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

agei bolchhilam 2ta okejo pacer newar kono maane hoina... ..
Old November 13, 2012, 06:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

many of us were jumping for Rubel to come back & this is what we get
can't really blame him, shows the quality of our Pacers.
WE hv good spinners to replace,like if Razzaq under performs Elias will come in his place or if Gazim fails Elias will come in.
But for our fast bowlers our options are so limited.
One mediocre fast bowler will replace another one.
And that's how it will continue.
I think we can afford to go without any pacer at all or take one pacer.
Old November 13, 2012, 08:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
many of us were jumping for rubel to come back & this is what we get
i think we can afford to go without any pacer at all or take one pacer.
ছোড বেলায় শুনছিলাম কেউ দেইখা শিখে কেউ ঠেইকা শিখে
দেখা যাক আমগো অবস্হাডা কি !!

সেই তখন থেইক্কা কইতাছি ভাই আমগো স্পিনার আছে ভালোই
পেসার মোটেও নাইক্কা
পেসার ছাড়া খেল্লে আমরা বরং ভালো খেলবো

বুঝিকম বইল্লা কেউ চিল্লানি-টা শুনতাছে না

এফসিতে ৬০ গড় এমন বোলার টেস্টে কেমনে সুযোগ পায় !!!!!!!
মাথাডা খারাপ হই যাইতাছে
Old November 13, 2012, 08:39 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Shahadat had enough time, but I am still willing to cut Rubel some slack.
Old November 13, 2012, 08:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib

I do not get why Shahadat keeps on getting selected. He is making fast bowling look as tiring as hitting a tennis ball when you are quite tired. He should cut down on the no balls and grunting as well. I think he should realize that grunting does not help a bit, infact, its bad for him because a lot of energy is wasted in making such a noise
Old November 13, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boka
ছোড বেলায় শুনছিলাম কেউ দেইখা শিখে কেউ ঠেইকা শিখে
দেখা যাক আমগো অবস্হাডা কি !!

সেই তখন থেইক্কা কইতাছি ভাই আমগো স্পিনার আছে ভালোই
পেসার মোটেও নাইক্কা
পেসার ছাড়া খেল্লে আমরা বরং ভালো খেলবো

বুঝিকম বইল্লা কেউ চিল্লানি-টা শুনতাছে না

এফসিতে ৬০ গড় এমন বোলার টেস্টে কেমনে সুযোগ পায় !!!!!!!
মাথাডা খারাপ হই যাইতাছে
True and Fact! I wish you were the selector or the coach. We have some idiots got selected as the selectors.
Old November 13, 2012, 10:57 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

They all pathetic! Brainless idiot, bowls with no plan. They don't even know the basics and you would expect them to take wickets???

SRK is all about his style and Grunt now. He needs to retire for Good.

Rubel: Pls stop playing Test...I know you can be a gd bowler but pls go back to NCL and come back once you can bring your FC avg down to <40. Not before that. Selectors should be blame too. Why pick him if he is not 100%?? And he completely looked out of sort.
Old November 13, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
They all pathetic! Brainless idiot, bowls with no plan. They don't even know the basics and you would expect them to take wickets???

SRK is all about his style and Grunt now. He needs to retire for Good.

Rubel: Pls stop playing Test...I know you can be a gd bowler but pls go back to NCL and come back once you can bring your FC avg down to <40. Not before that. Selectors should be blame too. Why pick him if he is not 100%?? And he completely looked out of sort.
I still watch this guy bowl...I lost my emotions as so many years I am saying the same but nothing is happening..nobody cares when I said these pathetic idiot bowlers think they are something...Shahadat had potential but he probably lacks professionalism, not extra hard worker to lead the pace dept, and probably has Sir like mindset...still knowing this fact for over several years BCB failed to develop a good replacement...and Rubel if you are not fit why play...things are going so horrible with team selection, overal players' forms and work ethics, national leagues, management...I think all I now do is to totally give up and just visit BC forum to talk with BC ppl, nothing else...totally frustrated with BD cricket
Old November 13, 2012, 11:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Shahadat had enough time, but I am still willing to cut Rubel some slack.
Yes, sure thing. Let's wait till his average hits 100.

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Banglar Bradman(s)

Shahdat: in his last 10 Test matches, picked ONLY 10 wickets; Avg:101.9...Bradman Who

Rubel(im a big fan of him, but can't take it any more, kill me!): in his last 8 test matches, he got ONLY 8 wickets; Average: 109...Even Better His career avg is 85+
ODI Cricketer

Rubel is a good bowler in limited overs cricket but in Test cricket he hasn't looked capable even when fully fit so why he is selected when coming off a long lay-off, I will never know.
Nazmul Hossain may not have pace but he isn't that much slower than Shahadat but he has much more control, and with the new ball he is capable of taking wickets and providing pressure by not giving easy runs to help his bowling partner, just look at the last test match he played:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/538073.html

his match figures were:

29 Overs, 6 Maidens, 80 Run, 3 Wickets, 2.75 Economy, 26.6 Ave, 58.0 SR

All 3 wickets were with the new ball. Here is the commentary from cricinfo of those wickets: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...iew=commentary

A bowling change, Nazmul Hossain will bowl now.
Nazmul Hossain to Mohammad Hafeez, OUT, gets a wicket off his first ball in Test cricket in seven years, the faintest of nicks to the keeper, good length outside off, just a hint of away movement, Hafeez got forward and played at it and edged it to the keeper
Mohammad Hafeez c †Mushfiqur Rahim b Nazmul Hossain 14 (22m 17b 3x4 0x6) SR: 82.35

His first ball after a 7 year gap from Test cricket produces a wicket!

Nazmul Hossain to Taufeeq Umar, no run, beaten outside off. Nazmul nips this one away from Umar off the seam - this looks like it could be a really good spell. Umar was sucked into driving into the off side, but the ball did too much for him.
Nazmul Hossain to Taufeeq Umar, no run, keeps it outside off, Umar leaves.
Nazmul Hossain to Taufeeq Umar, OUT, edged, and taken! Well bowled Nazmul, he's worked Umar over with his relentlessness. A spark of excellence this from Bangladesh. Pitched well up on middle and off, once again lands on the threadwork and angles across sharply. Umar was forward and had to play at it. He got a low outside edge that shot across towards second slip, who held on at shin height. Very well taken.
Taufeeq Umar c Shahriar Nafees b Nazmul Hossain 130 (361m 256b 16x4 0x6) SR: 50.78

Another wicket this time with the second new ball, see how he makes the Pakistani batsmen play and miss.

Nazmul Hossain to Taufeeq Umar, OUT, a wicket! Taufeeq was looking to up the tempo as Pakistan race against the light, he charges out and miscues an attempted big hit to midwicket, Taufeeq's stay ends early, the bat turns in his hand as he plays that shot, that stroke was prompted by a string of 24 dot balls

Another wicket in the second innings with the new ball.

All these were wickets were genuine batsmen not tail-enders which makes his performance even more impressive.
Now compare that to what Rubel and Shahadat offer, this should be a no brainer, but apparently not to our selectors, they prefer Rubel and Shahadat's "lethal" pace.
But the selectors aren't alone in their "thinking" as some people on this forum claim that line and length doesn't create wickets, and that Shahadat is more likely to take wickets with his short balls that once in a blue moon aren't dispatched by the batsmen, like yesterday.
Old November 13, 2012, 11:24 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Yes, sure thing. Let's wait till his average hits 100.
No but what's the plan?

He was brought in because someone before him 'needed the replacement'. What is the point of just running the circle?
Old November 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
Banned

its mind-numbing to see players like shahadat and rubel play ahead of nazmul. Nazmul has been playing for a long time and even with the limited oppurtunity he got, why is he overlooked?
Old November 13, 2012, 11:54 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin

Well Done Boys, Next time, SRK should use blindfold during bowling ( Mulla already using invisible one in fielding) , Have no idea where's he bowling, whats the point of bowl with your eye open !! And, Rubel simply needed more time to gain his full fitness to bowl in a test
Old November 13, 2012, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Old November 13, 2012, 12:20 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Can't bowl decent line or length, can't use the new ball, bowls no balls far too frequently, can't field. bowled crap throughout the tournament and in the end lost us a the only trophy we ever came close to winning with a nightmarish last over.

everyone knows who i am talking about except the selectors
Old November 13, 2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Can't bowl decent line or length, can't use the new ball, bowls no balls far too frequently, can't field. bowled crap throughout the tournament and in the end lost us a the only trophy we ever came close to winning with a nightmarish last over.

everyone knows who i am talking about except the selectors
the shameful thing is not why shahadat hossain is being picked, the big question is, why our selectors have no other options? We have had plenty of So-called talents, none of them are in the picture now(robiul, mahbubul alam robin). Guys like shafiul and rubel where crap anyway
Old November 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Je jai bolen na keno, Shahadat er dance ta kintu bhaloi chilo. Ar grunt tao bhalo hocche idaning. Eishob dance/grunt o practice korte hoy, bowling practice korar time koi.
Old November 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Hopefully this is the last Test cap they get. They need to be dropped for the next test and replaced with Nazmul and Sunny.
This is getting ridiculous now, unless Nazmul has some kind of inability to play test cricket that we don't know about there is no reason why likes of Shahadat and Rubel are playing ahead of him. This guy has a FC average of 27 which is years ahead of Rubel (60 avg). I would rather go with no pacers than these guys.