facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 25, 2010, 04:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Talking Hahahaah...Game Over!...Drug Dealer, Kidnapper, Convict Lalit Kumar Modi is Suspended by BCCI

BCCI suspends Lalit Modi

Cricinfo staff

April 25, 2010

The BCCI will prevent Lalit Modi from attending the IPL governing council meeting © Indian Premier League

The BCCI has suspended Lalit Modi, the IPL chairman, following several allegations of financial misconduct over the past fortnight. The suspension notice was served on him by Rajeev Shukla, a BCCI vice-president, at the conclusion of Sunday's tournament final in Mumbai, with Shashank Manohar, the board president, sending an email to the same effect. It is understood Modi - who has not signalled his intentions but is likely to go to court - will be given 48 hours to answer the charges levelled at him.

In a release issued shortly after the end of the IPL final, the BCCI president Shashank Manohar said the "alleged acts of individual misdemeanors of Mr Lalit K Modi, chairman IPL and vice president BCCI, have brought a bad name to the administration of cricket and the game itself.

"I have waited for IPL 3 - 2010 to conclude in order to respond to the situation as I did not want the event to be disrupted in any manner. Immediately after the conclusion of the IPL final, the secretary, BCCI Mr N Srinivasan has in consultation with me issued a show cause notice to Mr. Lalit K Modi under Rule 32 (iv) calling upon him to show cause within 15 days why disciplinary action should not be taken against him. Simultaneously in exercise of the powers vested in me under Rule 32 (vii), I have suspended Mr. Lalit K Modi from participating in the affairs of the Board, the IPL, the working committee and any other committee of the Board of Control for Cricket in India."

Modi, however, he made a strong statement at the post-match ceremony in a speech that dwelt on the controversy. "We have had some off field unpleasant dramas only based on innuendo, half truths and motivated leaks from all kinds of sources," he said. "I assure you all decisions have been taken jointly by the governing council ... Still, as the leader of the team, if there is any flouting of rules or any other financial irregularity, I will take full responsibility."

Earlier, before he received the notice, he had taken a similar combative stand while talking to NDTV. Informed of the imminent suspension, he said: ""Good for them. Are they so scared of me attending? Are they so scared of the truth?"

The IPL governing council is due to meet on Monday and, though the meeting was called by BCCI president Shashank Manohar, Modi sent out an agenda that included asking all those filing charges to bring documentary evidence. It now appears that Modi will not be allowed to attend that meeting.

The meeting is likely to pick an interim IPL chairman and work out a plan for the future - not just for the league but also for tackling Modi, who does not appear likely to leave quietly. The BCCI would have preferred Modi resigning, as that would have ended the matter there; a suspension means, at some stage, documents and transactions being scrutinised.

Modi now has 48 hours to respond to the charges. If his response is deemed unsatisfactory, the board will pass a resolution to terminate him at the working committee meeting on May 2. That will then go to vote at the special AGM, which can be held a week after the working committee meeting.

Through much of the past two days negotiators - including two franchise owners - have been working on Modi to resign. On Sunday evening, though, the die appeared cast - hours before the final got under way, Modi tweeted his decision to attend Monday's meeting, a reversal of his earlier stand. Later in the evening the IPL secretariat sent out a mail from Modi.

"On the agenda will be a discussion on any complaints received in writing from members of the governing council against the chairman, other members of the council and/or the BCCI," it said. "Members of the governing council have been requested to give all such complaints in writing with the requisite supporting documents at the meeting to the chairman so they can be replied in full."

Now that seems to be irrelevant. One member of the governing council told Cricinfo the BCCI president was vested with the powers to suspend any member. "Under the provisions of the BCCI constitution, the president can utilise Article 32 to suspend a member and an enquiry committee will be instituted to probe the matter further."

Rule 32, Clause VII of the Board's constitution states: "Pending enquiry and proceeding into complaints or charges of misconduct or any act of indiscipline or violation of any Rules and Regulations, the concerned administrator may be suspended by the president from participating in any of the affairs of the Board until final adjudication."

cricinfo:
http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/cont...ry/457273.html

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 25, 2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old April 25, 2010, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Now we need to suspend Lotus.
Old April 25, 2010, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricinfo

It has gone very smoothly, without incident.

Lalit Modi overlooks bomb explosions minutes before the start of a match, Twitter controversies, corruption charges, et al, in his appraisal of the third edition of the IPL
Apr 25, 2010

Old April 25, 2010, 10:54 PM
Cricket Sage

what ever goes up must come down. that was bound to happen.
Old April 26, 2010, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Agreed but wont happen before 2014. He is here to earn money. And he will do that with his political power. Also he will continue doing "Ja Icha Tai".
Old April 26, 2010, 04:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nur,Sabbir,Anam,Shuvogoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Is it possible? Who can do it?
Old April 26, 2010, 05:01 AM
Cricket Legend

the night long boom-boom garden party is over. eh Asif bhai?

ICL ka kufa lagenga..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 26, 2010, 01:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What will Modi do if his BCCI post is curtailed? May be join the enemy ranks and shake hands with Kapil and revive ICL?

I never understand the connection between Mauritius and India and smuggling and drugs!!
Old April 26, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Modi won't go down alone, he'll drag others with him. beta shoitan ase
Old April 27, 2010, 01:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
What will Modi do if his BCCI post is curtailed? May be join the enemy ranks and shake hands with Kapil and revive ICL?
That definitely will be

Quote:
I never understand the connection between Mauritius and India and smuggling and drugs!!
That's an unofficial indian territory.

Last edited by BANFAN; August 15, 2010 at 03:38 AM..
Old April 27, 2010, 03:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Modi and his ramkhyat Bollywood @$$clowns demonstrate the fact that you don't have look like a Hudmah to be one. Good riddance. Fudge him, his type, all those hoes who like him for his money, and their type everywhere.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 27, 2010 at 07:43 AM..
Old April 27, 2010, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Modi is not different from other BCCI officials. He is busted because of conflict with some ministers. In bigger perspective, the BCCI has already done enough damage to cricket.
Old April 27, 2010, 05:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Modi is not different from other BCCI officials. He is busted because of conflict with some ministers. In bigger perspective, the BCCI has already done enough damage to cricket.
I see your "in principle" point but don't buy the conflation. Degrees matter in the real world, at least my own ...

For example, there is a tangible difference between thieves like Md Nasim/Amu/Rehana/Iqbal etc and Tareq/Falu/Mamun/Koko etc. There's also a difference between a crypto sectarian political party that has a war criminal in its leadership AND has such genocidal murderers, torturers, rapists and pimps as their neo-Khariji allies, and a party that does not. Cannot equate genocide with the anti-democratic measures and crimes of BAKSAL, Mushtaq, Zia, Ershad and the rest. Also the criminal transgressions from one group neither justify nor mitigate transgressions from another. They all need to be brought to justice and will be InshAllah, but in the meantime, we need to accept what we can get. Sorry to digress but the emerging facts would expose the degree over time ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 27, 2010 at 07:45 AM..
Old April 27, 2010, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Sohel bhai, aggree with you.
Old April 27, 2010, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

modi and i think dawood ibrahim are partner in crime
Old April 30, 2010, 09:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

এক মাঘে শীত যায় না রে পাগলা।
Old May 9, 2010, 11:53 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

WTH happened with Modi? can somebody summarize the charges for me?
Old May 9, 2010, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol_bd123
wth happened with modi? Can somebody summarize the charges for me?
"ধুর্তবাজ ললিত মোদি
ছিলেন খুবই আমোদি
করিয়া ব্যাপক দূর্নীতি
হারাইলেন নিজ গদি"
Old May 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Club Cricketer

lol
Old May 17, 2010, 09:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
He is busted because of conflict with some ministers. ....
I agree with this part. One of the minister had to resign because of Modi. You think he (the minister) would not pull all his strings to get rid of Modi or least get "ma kali ink" on his face?
Old May 18, 2010, 06:42 AM
Test Cricketer

I find a flavor of sadism in this thread. The way it starts- hahahaha. People have a tendency of taking pleasure when a big man falls or even gets into trouble. Can't see how he may have hurt anyone here to deserve this hatred.
Old May 18, 2010, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
I find a flavor of sadism in this thread. The way it starts- hahahaha. People have a tendency of taking pleasure when a big man falls or even gets into trouble. Can't see how he may have hurt anyone here to deserve this hatred.
Are you talking about the thread title?
Those allegations are true, so what is wrong?

It is shameful that a man with such negative reputation became a "big man" in India. But that should not restrict us to speak the truth.
Old May 18, 2010, 02:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Surfer,

I wrote that post ("hahahahah....") and started the thread. Yes you are right, what does any of the BCites that are posting in this thread have anything to do with Lait Kumar getting finally a little taste of the long due consequence of his sveere criminal past in North Carolina. But this is a thread about celebrating the Indian Law and showing some respect to the Indian system, some ballsy ministers to bring this scum down (let the ministers be corrupt or whatever, those ministers are not being judged for their past here, here we are talking about Lit Kumar and his one specific very bad Karma!!

This thread is about one of the great concepts in the great reliegion of Hinduism - "Karma" -"What goes around comes aorund", this is a celebration for thousands of years of Indian social justice, spiritual justice and justice for the powerless victims who can not speak.

Surfer bhai, this thread is about the great Indian law that I respect so very highly.

I took personal satisfaction in this issue as I myself saw the copies of the North Carolina judicial/court papers and the Durhum County Police report (this are public, if one tries, he/she can access these reletively easily) on Lalit Kumar's case (the specific case where he was convicted and felonized as he commited a federal crime - while attending Duke University) - This is how I feel about it, Lalit Kumar Modi can snort all the cocaine he wants, he can even sell some cocaine to soem people and even it is against the law and a direct violation of the law, still I can see these as his personal choice and his friends private party, having a good time stuff. But the case changes the moment Lalit Kumar Modi took part in
1. Shifting a kilo-gram (it's a federal crime) of cocaine and selling it to buyer X (2 victims) within the State of North Carolina.
2. Robbed the buyer X at gun point. (Took the money and the Coke, then abducted/kidnapped buyer X and the victim's abandoned car was found in the parling lot with the vicitm's blood inside)
3. kidnapped (it's a federal crime)and hid buyer X and tortured them in a Durham house.
4. Possessing illigal fire-arms and threatened to kill with it.
5. Intention to kill and put fear in the abductee's (Buyer X) mind.

When La Famiglia cartel, Juarez cartel kill or killed and many other Miami/Colombian/Mexiacn cartels kill ruthlessly or kidnapp, torture ruthlessly, they continue to do so as they remain low lives criminal scum as they are and they remain in the dark alley and shady locations (yes, may be in fancy expansive hotels, riviera, but still a coke dealer is a coke dealer, a killer is a killer and a criminal is just a criminal), but they cannot go up high and pretend to be normal and good and people's leader in a country like India! Lalit Kumar Modi does not reflect or represent the great majority of good, kind, peaceful and loving people of India, and Karma catches up with you sooner or later. It gives me some peace of mind.

Last edited by bujhee kom; May 18, 2010 at 02:52 PM..
Old August 8, 2010, 11:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

So who is going to lead IPL?
Old August 8, 2010, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
So who is going to lead IPL?
Its Chirayu Amin you backdated people:-):-)