facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 16, 2011, 01:15 PM
Banned

I am dumbstruck.

5 runs left, 6 balls left and you go for a 6 to finish the match ?

Could have stayed there and attempted 4's. Had you failed, you could have gone for a 6 in 5th or 6th ball!

This is is the area where Dhoni excels and is a match-winner.

Old August 16, 2011, 01:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

how come Nazmul didn't bowl his last over? He was very economical.
Old August 16, 2011, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Ei dhoroner batting dhos ghotle r joyer asha kora jai na.
Old August 16, 2011, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
What a load of tripe! That ball was there to be hit. Mushy just couldn't get under it as much as he needed to. Realize that that was the last over, 5 runs were still needed, and he couldn't afford to take a single.

Mushy did the best he could... and doesn't deserve to be blamed for being caught out on that stroke.
light was terrible too.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 16, 2011, 03:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
I am dumbstruck.

Could have stayed there and attempted 4's. Had you failed, you could have gone for a 6 in 5th or 6th ball!

It was a length ball, it was there to be hit. There would be only four more balls left and he had Nazmul on the other end so he could exactly wait and try and take singles and also since it was not a powerplay over, fours would not have been easy to hit. Dhoni always goes after length balls so not sure why bring him into this.
Old August 16, 2011, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
I am dumbstruck.

I agree with you... No doubt Mushfique is the winner and he tried his best. But he couldve just smacked that ball down and not do anything, wait for the next couple of deliveries and then go for 3rd man or something... He still had the balls left that he couldve scored that boundary without slog hitting that ball. But I think he was cramping and lost his plan. He just didnt finish it off as a 'top level professional' would do it...

Great innings by the man but it was of no use, it didnt finish and was still short.
Old August 16, 2011, 04:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Okay here's my question...why we get excited about a nail biter against zimbabwe....

This is ZIMBABOOWE we are talking about ffs. We shouldn't even have to be in this defeatist position. Let it go. Accept and wish a 3-2. And hope for a 4th match drubbing and come to my thread.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 16, 2011, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Okay here's my question...why we get excited about a nail biter against zimbabwe....

This is ZIMBABOOWE we are talking about ffs. We shouldn't even have to be in this defeatist position. Let it go. Accept and wish a 3-2. And hope for a 4th match drubbing and come to my thread.
We are desperate for a win dude from our losers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
It was a length ball, it was there to be hit. There would be only four more balls left and he had Nazmul on the other end so he could exactly wait and try and take singles and also since it was not a powerplay over, fours would not have been easy to hit. Dhoni always goes after length balls so not sure why bring him into this.
Mush should have taken a bunch of two's. All fielders were on the boundary line and it would have been easy. The Zim bowler deliberately threw the ball that way so that Mushfiq goes for a big one and gets out. And, Mush fell for it.
Old August 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM

BD looking like chokers now. You get nothing for second place or glorious defeat against the world's worst team. It's getting beyond an embarrassment now.

When NZ lost 4-0 to BD, 3 people lost their jobs on the coaching staff and there was a major shake up of the coaching protocols. It served as a wake up call to NZC who came back and made the WC Semi-Finals. BD are now 3-0 down to a team reckoned to be 'a minnow' and certainly easy pickings for a side like Ireland.

For all the 'well done on trying' postings and 'weren't we unlucky' messages, the one thing we know is that BD have LOST ALL FIVE MATCHES IN ZIMBABWE so far on this tour.
Old August 16, 2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

Agree with LBW. We are supposed to be better than them. Yet, we are the minnows here and inferior to them.
Old August 16, 2011, 07:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
What a load of tripe! That ball was there to be hit. Mushy just couldn't get under it as much as he needed to. Realize that that was the last over, 5 runs were still needed, and he couldn't afford to take a single.

Mushy did the best he could... and doesn't deserve to be blamed for being caught out on that stroke.
দীর্ঘনিশ্বাস...I know mate. This is the best I've seen from Mushy personally. I know exactly why he went for that shot. He did the very best he could...kintu, tarpor-o mon mane na...
Old August 16, 2011, 07:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
"You can't blame him [Mushfiqur]. He's played one of the best innings of his career. It's just a shame that a guy who plays an innings like that ends up in the losing team. He's absolutely distraught in the dressing room," said Law at the post-match press conference.
Source

Mushy...next time we'll win inshAllah!
Old August 16, 2011, 10:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
BD looking like chokers now. You get nothing for second place or glorious defeat against the world's worst team. It's getting beyond an embarrassment now.

When NZ lost 4-0 to BD, 3 people lost their jobs on the coaching staff and there was a major shake up of the coaching protocols. It served as a wake up call to NZC who came back and made the WC Semi-Finals. BD are now 3-0 down to a team reckoned to be 'a minnow' and certainly easy pickings for a side like Ireland.

For all the 'well done on trying' postings and 'weren't we unlucky' messages, the one thing we know is that BD have LOST ALL FIVE MATCHES IN ZIMBABWE so far on this tour.

We have changed the entire coaching staff after the WC performance. Unortunately we also removed the people who have worked hard and has shown improvements.

We need to have a closer look at the team environment, if that's affecting players motivation and performance, adversely.
Old August 17, 2011, 01:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

Quote:
You get nothing for second place or glorious defeat against the world's worst team...

...BD are now 3-0 down to a team reckoned to be 'a minnow' and certainly easy pickings for a side like Ireland...

hmm... interesting. when did Zimbabwe become,"the world's WORST team"?... and, aren't BD and Zim both considered the 'minnows' of cricket's elite?... lastly, when did Zim become easy pickings for IRELAND?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 17, 2011, 01:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimSlog
hmm... interesting. when did Zimbabwe become,"the world's WORST team"?... and, aren't BD and Zim both considered the 'minnows' of cricket's elite?... lastly, when did Zim become easy pickings for IRELAND?

1. Zim are the world's worst team in Tests and ODI from the full-time cricket nations of the world, FACT

2. Zim are considered minnows because they have had more than six years of losing Test status, FACT and were effectively in the same level as Ireland and NL. BD has never lost Test status

3. Alan Butcher, head coach, said Ireland outplayed and are a far better side than ZIM when they last played each other in the WC warm up. Niall O'Brien said in a press interview that Ireland viewed Zimbabwe as the 'easiset pickings' in relative terms against the full-time teams, FACT. This was as recent as February

Whilst ZIM has enjoyed a few small gains against a very poor BD team, let's get this into perspective
Old August 17, 2011, 01:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimSlog

I think he said that because Ire is above Zim in Ranking and we have been beating you convincingly for some years, until this series.... But yes, Zim is supposed to have a even better cricketing culture than BD, so I expect them to come up and compete with us on regular basis. Good for us as well. we cannot improve playing a weak Zim and vice versa. But i'm sure he didnt mean to undermine Zimbos.
Old August 17, 2011, 03:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i liked the team that we played with yesterday.we should stick with this team for the rest of the series.
Old August 17, 2011, 04:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

Quote:
1. Zim are the world's worst team in Tests...
mate, I don't know where you get your information from, but if you check the current ICC test rankings Zim is currently NOT RANKED. This doesn't mean they are the "worst test team". As for Ireland considering Zim the easiest amongst the test playing nations, well, that's what they think and noone can change that. This is just their opinion and this doesn't mean that IRE is better than ZIM.