facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old September 15, 2004, 02:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default UEFA Champions League

Has anyone been following the UEFA Champions League? Last night Celtic took on Barcelona in Celtic Park and lost.

Deco scored an impressive early goal for Barcelona and it looked as though they were dominating the match. In the second half a fatal mistake by McNamara saw Ronalidinho take a penalty which was eventually saved by the young Celtic goalkeeper. Chris Sutton then scored a great equaliser and Celtic were back in the game.

The Spanish team was all over the place and play began to get scrappy. Then Guily struck to make the scores 2-1 but still Celtic were threatening. The game was ended in tears for Celtic as their former star skillfully put the ball behind the net to make it 3-1 but Larson did not celebrate his goal, possibly not wanting to anger the Celtic crowed.

They will play the second leg in Barcelona.

Old September 15, 2004, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

yes I am. I have been following Champions League for many years. as far as Celtic losing to Barcelona not a big deal. they are not champions League materials. The only thing they can do is to win the lame duck Scottish league and beating on Ranger and other sorry team. Anyway, Chelsea seems to on fire beating PSG 0-3 on their own backyard. Bravo to arsenal for beating PSV. I see either Chelsea or Arsenal going further in the leaguer, but Man U no chance in hell. They sucked now days. Their glory days are over. Btw big fan of Arsenal and the King.

Edited on, September 15, 2004, 10:26 PM GMT, by rassel.
Old September 16, 2004, 05:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Yeah, I follow the Champions League every year. I support Real Madrid.
I know Barcelona won the match. Play played great football.
But my team Real Madrid lost yesterday night. Real Madrid beaten by Bayer Luverkusen by 3-0. Real Madrid beat Bayer Luverkusen in 2001's Champions League Final by 1-0. But Bayer Luverkusen win this time at home.
Old September 16, 2004, 06:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Real Madrid lost? What with all the talent of the world they still managed to lose.... I suppose Bayer Luverkusen played better football on the night and so deserved the win.
Old September 17, 2004, 05:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Real Madrid are simply not real...there stars are all past thier sell-by-date...including the OVER-RATED Beckham...who i think is a waste of space in the England squad and in football generally.
Old September 17, 2004, 05:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

I agree. I do not like Beckham at all he is just over hyped by the media. They make him more than he really is.
Old October 4, 2004, 07:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Watched the Real Madrid game against Roma. Roma took an early lead scoring in the third minute and were set to win when they made it 2-0 soon afterwards.

Raul scored luckily with the aid of a deflection to make scores stand at 2-1. Real kept up the pressure on Roma and it payed dividends when they were awarded a penalty from which Figo capitalised. It was 2-2. Madrid were back in the game and piled on immense pressure and soon a third goal came from Raul from a superb ball by Figo.

Roberto Carlos finished the game up with a great shot at the right post curling inwards, the goal keeper tried his best but could not get it. Real Madrid won 4-2 from being down 2-0.