facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Bad Company 2.

MAG is a good game but has a steep learning curve and puts a lot of emphasis on team work and coordination which players used to playing shooters like MW2 may not appreciate so much. Bad Company 2 also requires team work but more often than not you can easily change the tide of a battle on your own with a bit of persistence.

Old March 13, 2010, 11:39 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

BTW, Sony officially announced the name for their new motion controller- Playstation 'Move'

Here is the full press conference from the Game Developers Conference-

Some articles talking about the controller in more detail-

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/11/p...anted-to-know/

http://kotaku.com/5490632/playstatio...u-need-to-know
Old March 14, 2010, 07:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Some questions:
Can a PS3 be modded?

How much is a PS3 in Bangladesh? Is it pre-modded?

I know 360 can be modded but how much are pirated 360 games in Bangladesh? Are latest games available in BD?
Old March 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Some questions:
Can a PS3 be modded?

How much is a PS3 in Bangladesh? Is it pre-modded?

I know 360 can be modded but how much are pirated 360 games in Bangladesh? Are latest games available in BD?
No. As of now, there is no mod for ps3. Sony has done immense amount of research before PS3 and also learned from earlier mistakes. There is still no holes from initiation to code execution. Almost all hardware is protected by Hypervisor. It is very unlikely that there will be hypervisor hack anytime in near future. There is always rumors that an "all powerful" hack is just around the corner.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 15, 2010, 08:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

I downloaded a bunch of demo from PlayStation store for my kids last week and was amazed to see how much good free stuff they have now out there. I listed below some I liked. If anyone has full version of these please comment if it's worth buying that.

- Little Big Planet (simulation/adventure)
- Need For Speed: Shift (motorsports)
- Blazing Angels (aerial combat simulator)
- FIFA Soccer (soccer)
- Red Baron (WW1 era aerial combat)
Old March 15, 2010, 01:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

ps3 slims go about for around 27000 here in dhaka and a bit more for the larger version. Games go anywhere between 3500 to 5000

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old March 15, 2010, 01:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

incidentally has anyone had problems with the ps3 bluray player? I have asian alim version and its almost perfect with all bluray discs except that sometimes it skips with certain discs. are there region compatibily is issues with certain discs?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old April 4, 2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Lost all my respect for Sony. Latest update released on April 1 stops "Other OS" feature in all PS3 models. Apparently, this is in response to a Hypervisor hack(dump) that was released few weeks ago.

Lot of research facilities and govt. orgs have paid good money to get parallel ps3 executions (super computer). I wonder how they would react.

Its like someone sold you a chair; and few months later decided to take away couple of legs. Personally, I do use the Other OS linux from time to time. It is a crippled linux, no doubt, but it is a feature that I don't want to part with. Initially, Sony marketed the linux running feature as one of its top selling point (I think its on the box label also).

If you have a security leak in hypervisor; fix it. Why kill other os? With same analogy, I guess, if you have brain tumor, you are going to cut off your head!

I paid $400 for my PS3. Now that Sony decided to cripple half of its existence; do I get my $200 back? I want my $200 back.

Sony sucks!
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 4, 2010, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Lost all my respect for Sony. Latest update released on April 1 stops "Other OS" feature in all PS3 models. Apparently, this is in response to a Hypervisor hack(dump) that was released few weeks ago.

Lot of research facilities and govt. orgs have paid good money to get parallel ps3 executions (super computer). I wonder how they would react.

Its like someone sold you a chair; and few months later decided to take away couple of legs. Personally, I do use the Other OS linux from time to time. It is a crippled linux, no doubt, but it is a feature that I don't want to part with. Initially, Sony marketed the linux running feature as one of its top selling point (I think its on the box label also).

If you have a security leak in hypervisor; fix it. Why kill other os? With same analogy, I guess, if you have brain tumor, you are going to cut off your head!

I paid $400 for my PS3. Now that Sony decided to cripple half of its existence; do I get my $200 back? I want my $200 back.

Sony sucks!
I wanna know Hatebreed's thoughts on this.
Old April 5, 2010, 02:26 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif

I don't think third-party organisations that use PS3 for scientific purposes need access to the Playstation Network to do whatever they do, so they should continue to be able to use those machines as they wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
I wanna know Hatebreed's thoughts on this.
Although I never got around to installing Linux on my PS3, I don't agree with Sony's decision to remove this feature completely just because of a hack. They should have come up with a defence to prevent the hack from affecting the system.

That said, I can kind of see why they acted as they did. Until now Sony did a pretty good job at preventing PS3 from being hacked/modded unlike their previous consoles and the PSP, which probably cost them hundreds of millions of $, may be more, in revenue through piracy. The reality is, PS3 is in last place; Sony spend lot of money on this machine and they can't afford to let it fall prey to piracy. All the gamers that I know never cared for this feature so I doubt it's going to affect them in the grand scheme of things.

But I still hope they will find a way to bring the feature back.
Old April 5, 2010, 10:17 PM
Administrator

March first week press release says, Sony is fully behind supporting "Other OS" and has no plans to remove it! 3 weeks later gone!

It doesn't really matter if someone uses it or not; its a matter of keeping the product's advertised functionality. I want my $200 back

Its also childish to think that stopping Other OS now would stop the hack from spreading. One way or the other; if there is a mod/hack it will get out. Disabling access to PSN is not going to stop anything. I think there is already a mod for accessing psn without updating.

Anyway. thats my 2 cents.
Old April 6, 2010, 05:58 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Well unfortunately I doubt there is any legal grounds for you to claim your money back as Sony's terms & conditions probably allow them to remove any feature they want if they deem it necessary.

Also, Microsoft bans anyone from using their gametag ever from machine level if they are using a modded 360. Sony will do the same when if detect people using mods to access PSN without updating.
Old April 7, 2010, 03:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

So...what's the next release you guys are looking forward to? I'm really itching to play Red Dead Redemption. From what I've read/seen so far, looks like my kinda game!
Old April 7, 2010, 07:14 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Red Read Redemption is the main game on my radar too. Another game I'm looking forward to is 3D Dot Game Heroes, which is going to be a 3D-fied love letter to the all the retro games like Zelda.

Here's a preview-

Old April 30, 2010, 05:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ok PS3 buddies, I have a question. I have an international credit card that's been issued to me from Bangladesh. However, I can't seem to use it in my PS3 cos it's not issued in the US. I want to buy downloadable contents, but can't seem to get around the fact that I don't have an american credit card. Is there no other way I can buy stuff from the PS3 store? Please help!
Old April 30, 2010, 02:51 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

I know not of a way around this. Don't you know anyone in the US who might able to buy a PSN card and email you the code, and then you could just transfer the money to their account?