facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 6, 2007, 08:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
So are we gonna win or are we gonna lose tell me whats your prediction my prediction is that we will lose to the southies and win against the indies.
i think we shud be able to win atleast one of them...
i use the word atleast!! lmao...meaning possibly mre...but nothing less...(agen wit the optimism..lmao!!)

Old August 8, 2007, 03:19 PM
Cricket Sage

according to newAgeBD, here is the probable 15

Probable squad: Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafee bin Murtaza, Tamim Iqbal, Junaed Siddique, Aftab Ahmed, Sakib al Hasan, Alok Kapali, Nadif Chowdhury, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim, Farhad Reza, Abdur Razzak, Tapash Baishya, Syed Rasel and Nazmul Hossain.

If its true then:

1. The following players are out: Bashar, Pilot, Gullu, Mehrab, Rafiq, SN, Shahadat.
2. The follwoing new playes are in: Junaed, Alok, Nadif, Tapash, Nazmul
Old August 8, 2007, 03:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
according to newAgeBD, here is the probable 15

Probable squad: Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafee bin Murtaza, Tamim Iqbal, Junaed Siddique, Aftab Ahmed, Sakib al Hasan, Alok Kapali, Nadif Chowdhury, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim, Farhad Reza, Abdur Razzak, Tapash Baishya, Syed Rasel and Nazmul Hossain.

If its true then:

1. The following players are out: Bashar, Pilot, Gullu, Mehrab, Rafiq, SN, Shahadat.
2. The follwoing new playes are in: Junaed, Alok, Nadif, Tapash, Nazmul
YES !!! Now let's hope they deliver.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 8, 2007, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Tapash was a bad decision,he gives away alot of runs even in tests.
Old August 8, 2007, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Which Nazmul Hossain is this? And I'm not too sure about Taposh - while he can bat, he can't bowl
Old August 8, 2007, 04:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Which Nazmul Hossain is this? And I'm not too sure about Taposh - while he can bat, he can't bowl
I think it might be nazmus sadat,me too i think tapash was a bad idea.
Old August 8, 2007, 05:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Nazmul Hossain Milon.. the hard hitter..

Hes an allrounder.
Old August 8, 2007, 06:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Ha ha ha.

The F-word and Ata have to provide reasons for their selection for the first time, and it shows in their most reasonably justifiable selection to date ... peachy.

BTW the New Age report contains their list, leaked without too much difficulty.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 8, 2007, 06:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Nazmul Hossain Milon.. the hard hitter..

Hes an allrounder.
From what I've seen of him in the NCL, he's an ordinary bowler on the expensive side like Farhad. The term "all-rounder" maybe a bit out of place with both. The less said about their fielding and fluctuating attention span on the field, the better.

That said, despite some of the front footwork-related technical flaws and less than 5 innings of List A batting under his belt, he's certainly seems the more gifted batsman. He'll have a good future once he learns to field better. His selection maybe a couple of years too premature, but then again, this is T20 cricket and even Farhad can be useful down the batting order with those boundaries, slogged and otherwise.

Anyway, I'm going on some flood relief work for a few days now, so this is possibly my last post for a while.
Old August 8, 2007, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Posted to another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3

Source: http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html
Old August 9, 2007, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

tapash really sucks that was a bad move to take him in the 20 20 wc
Old August 9, 2007, 07:31 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
From what I've seen of him in the NCL, he's an ordinary bowler on the expensive side like Farhad. The term "all-rounder" maybe a bit out of place with both. The less said about their fielding and fluctuating attention span on the field, the better.

That said, despite some of the front footwork-related technical flaws and less than 5 innings of List A batting under his belt, he's certainly seems the more gifted batsman. He'll have a good future once he learns to field better. His selection maybe a couple of years too premature, but then again, this is T20 cricket and even Farhad can be useful down the batting order with those boundaries, slogged and otherwise.

Anyway, I'm going on some flood relief work for a few days now, so this is possibly my last post for a while.
Sohel, you should take up the coaching job.

You have seen almost every player anyone names with every detail of his batting (including technical flaws, feet movement etc..), bowling and fielding. Even the lack of attentions span in the field is within your observation, it shows you were spending tremendous amount of time to watch FC cricket and were traveling around the country as domestic cricket is not telecasted in Bangladesh.

I am really impressed to see your presence in the field starting from the era of Dipu Roy Chowdhury to recent Nazmul Hossain Milon, that covers a well 25-30 years time span.

BTW, Milon is 21 now and was known as one of the best fielder of Bangladesh U-19 side that played in Afro-Asia U19 tournament in 2005. He must have deteriorated his fielding skills recently.
Old August 9, 2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Default great team selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
according to form and hitting ability, i made a team for 20/20, plz add ur valuable opinion

Tamim Iqbal
Junaid Siddiqui
nazim uddin
Mohammad ashraful
Aftab ahmed
farhad reza
Mahmudullah Riad
+Mushfiq Rahim/ Dheeman Ghosh (I think dheeman will be better choice( g keeper)
Mohammad Rafiq
Mashrafi Mortaza
Syed Rasel

extra
nadif Chowdhury
Abdur razzaq (he can replace rafiq in the main 11)
Alok Kapali
Tapash Baisya/ shahadat Hossain
wow. looks like team selectors read my article. except rafiq (becz of injury) and Shahadat (the give chance to fresh face Ziaur rahman) all are almost same. Great selection. I am sure, BD will do good in this tournament. they might beat west indies and SAF, who knows?
Old August 9, 2007, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Great prediction by wisewah,can you predict what will bd do in the 20 twenty wc how far will they go.
Old August 11, 2007, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh will play a few 20 20 matches in kenya before the wc pakistan and uae are also going to be in the tour.
Old August 11, 2007, 10:11 AM
Banned

Default i think we have a chance to go second round

Quote:
Great prediction by wisewah,can you predict what will bd do in the 20 twenty wc how far will they go.

hey bro, thanks for ur comments. I hope we will go to second round atleast. Most probably we will beat west Indies. Its a dashing BD team over all. the team selection is best and good job done by faruq and co. Though I dont know about Ziaur rahman. I still beleive shahadat would be better but who knows? I dont know much abt Zia, may be he will come as a surprise package. I think Junaid will be surprise like tamim in the worldcup. It will be great to see junaid and tamim together as a opening partner. I think main 11 will be

Junaid
Tamim
Aftab
nazimuddin (alok/sakib/nadif)
Ashraful
farhad
Mahmudulah
Mushfiq
mashrafi
razzaq
Rasel (zia, chance is less, becz rasel is in best form)

except Mushfiq all are hard hitter. But Mushfiq can hit 6ix, which is imp in 20/20. a great team selection.
Old August 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
hey bro, thanks for ur comments. I hope we will go to second round atleast. Most probably we will beat west Indies20/20. a great team selection.
hey you welcome,do you like bananna's or do you prefer jack fruit "kathal"lol!! just kidding.
Old August 13, 2007, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

How can we not post about this earlier the launching of the 20 twenty wc
ICC
Old August 17, 2007, 08:36 PM
Cricket Savant

The best BD selection to date. A bit apprehensive about Zia's inclusion, but then again, it's an apprehension I can live with without any difficulty.
Old August 18, 2007, 06:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rasel, Mortaza, Ashraful

Quote:
in 20/20 bangldesh will go to the semis atleast
At least! Dhrubo bhaiya you should be saying at the most.
Old August 18, 2007, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord AK
At least! Dhrubo bhaiya you should be saying at the most.
O come on i was just trying to be positive.
Old September 6, 2007, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Default tigers are currently in south africa

Tigers reach South Africa
TigerCricket.com Report
06-September-2007

JOHANNESBURG: The Bangladesh squad reached Johannesburg today (Thursday) for the ICC World Twenty20 competition. The Kenyan Airways flight carrying the Tigers touched down at the Oliver Tambo International Airport around 11:30am local time (3:30pm BST).
The Tigers were received at the Airport by tournament officials. An hour's bus ride later the team arrived at the Southern Sun Grayston Hotel, their address for the next seven days. There was no training today but the players had a stretching session at the hotel in the afternoon.
The Bangladesh team will pass a busy day tomorrow. They have practice for two and a half hours at the Wanderers in the morning. In the afternoon four players including captain Mohammad Ashraful and his deputy Mashrafe Bin Mortaza are scheduled to appear at the official open media session which will be followed by bat-signing and other promotional events.
The side plays two warm-up matches on September 8 and 9 against Scotland and Kenya respectively. the first game will be held at Centurion in Pretoria while the second will be at Willowmore Park in Benoni. Bangladesh's first group match is against the West Indies at the Wanderers on September 13. Their last group fixture is against the hosts South Africa at Cape town on September 15.

Old September 11, 2007, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Alright guys bd's match is on thursday
hope we can do our best InshAllah
Old September 13, 2007, 07:09 AM
Banned

Default i am surprised with my prediction

Quote:
wow. looks like team selectors read my article. except rafiq (becz of injury) and Shahadat (the give chance to fresh face Ziaur rahman) all are almost same. Great selection. I am sure, BD will do good in this tournament. they might beat west indies and SAF, who knows?

wow. its great and i am surprised with my own prediction of team selections and winning against west indies. wow, what a coincidence...
Old October 1, 2007, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

okay india won the 20/20 wc,congrats india for winning it.