facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 15, 2007, 02:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Bashar still feeling good and doesnt want to retire!

According to the NAYA DIGANTA today, Bashar is not likely to retire after the 3rd ODI against India today. He said that he doesn’t feel it tiring to play and finds the same enthusiasm to practice. So, anything about retirement is not in his mind.
The news paper also anticipated that he has got the green signal from BCB that they will retain him as captain for some more time before finding out a new one!

To me....not a bad idea. Take ur time before making a big decision. Of course, selectors should not be in any kind of hurry.

What do u think?

Old May 15, 2007, 02:44 AM
Banned

Location: Uganda..where the smell of ganda Bashar cannot reach me
Favorite Player: Steffi Graff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikh
According to the NAYA DIGANTA today, Bashar is not likely to retire after the 3rd ODI against India today. He said that he doesn’t feel it tiring to play and finds the same enthusiasm to practice. So, anything about retirement is not in his mind.
The news paper also anticipated that he has got the green signal from BCB that they will retain him as captain for some more time before finding out a new one!

To me....not a bad idea. Take ur time before making a big decision. Of course, selectors should not be in any kind of hurry.

What do u think?
You ruined my day
Old May 15, 2007, 02:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Bloody hell.

At least give up the bloody captaincy to someone who has a clue.
Old May 15, 2007, 02:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Bashar is retiring from ODIs at the end of this series. You are very close to Ashraful, as you said. Do you think at 22, he is ready to lead the Bangladesh team?
I think he is ready. I know him from childhood days and he has been captaining since then. He was captaining a regional team in the first class competition; he has also been captaining one of the top domestic teams, Sonar Goan Sports Club, and he has been very successful there.
I think he has the required qualities that a captain needs.
rediff
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old May 15, 2007, 02:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Prothom-alo also said that Bashar is leaving ODI captaincy but still continue to play as ODI player. This guy doesn't want respect anymore. I used to think him as a sensible person. But now it seems that he doesn't want to keep his reputation high.
Old May 15, 2007, 02:57 AM

Very Disappointing. And I doubt if the selectors will ever drop him from the ODI team till he announces retirement
Old May 15, 2007, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I think bad decision by bashar. According to Prothom-alo, he is going to resign as ODI captain...but still want to play ODI. By doing this, he left the selectors no option but to drop him from the ODI side. BCB gave him the opportunity in this series to retire with honor....but Bashar is not in a mood to accept it.
I do not see him playing any ODI for Bangladesh anymore....today's rained out ODI is his last one....BCB gonna drop him for the ODI's for the Srilanka tour
Old May 15, 2007, 03:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Prothom alo news.

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news...0MDQ=&mid=OA==
Old May 15, 2007, 03:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Prothom alo news.

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news...0MDQ=&mid=OA==
Thanks for the link.
Old May 15, 2007, 03:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, mushy

bishsho behaiha habla-- its time to go man!!!
Old May 15, 2007, 03:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

It's also hinted in the Prothom-Alo news why he is not planning to go unless thrown away. Money. To many people that's more more important than pride. And, least can be said about Hablu is surely he belongs to that group.
Old May 15, 2007, 04:14 AM
Cricket Guru

What??/ Bashar Is Staying????? Please Tell Me Im Having A Mighmare!!!!
Old May 15, 2007, 04:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyobreeze
It's also hinted in the Prothom-Alo news why he is not planning to go unless thrown away. Money. To many people that's more more important than pride. And, least can be said about Hablu is surely he belongs to that group.
you've hit the nail right on the head. his বেহায়াপনা has more to do with his family's well-being than subjecting us further to his cricketing charms. if it didn't set such a bad example in a cricket culture of bad examples, i'd say just give him the money to get him out of the picture, and let us look forward to a better future without his stagnating, sterile, কেরানী-like and clueless presence in the team. he's asking to get sacked now... sadly, i'm sure faruikka and co. don't the cojones to do it.

Last edited by Sohel; May 15, 2007 at 04:23 AM..
Old May 15, 2007, 04:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
What??/ Bashar Is Staying????? Please Tell Me Im Having A Mighmare!!!!
i wish i could... i wish i could...
Old May 15, 2007, 04:20 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djuice
You ruined my day
Absoluately. Most of our Journalist n selector are in early days of our cricket. When our target is to play 50 overs or to lessen the margin of defeat.I was surprised to see when I found in papers, they prasied high as Habibul score some run in last ODI! Though he scored that from 88 balls! 43 from 88 balls! If he score 88 from 88,we could win. But he played for himself as he used to do for some times now. Somebody may say that we were not in good position.So what. A defeat is a defeat whether in 150 run or 50 run.
we have to play postive.we have to think postive now. we have to play only to win now.
Old May 15, 2007, 04:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Hablar dhanda onnorokom.

He is thinking that if Ash does not do well as captain, captaincy will be re-rewarded to him. This thinking prevented him retiring from ODI.
Old May 15, 2007, 04:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Hablar dhanda onnorokom.

He is thinking that if Ash does not do well as captain, captaincy will be re-rewarded to him. This thinking prevented him retiring from ODI.
i wish i could agree with you bhaijan. HaBar ekmatro dhanda hoilo ijjoter namey beton-rokkhar taley thaka...

Last edited by Sohel; May 15, 2007 at 04:59 AM..
Old May 15, 2007, 04:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Man, the way he captains, it's obvious that he does not realize his mistakes and so, he has absolutely no idea about his performance. If he continues as a captain in next ODIs, I will not watch BD matches. It makes no sense to watch the joke of the selectors.
Old May 15, 2007, 05:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

hello guys i know this thread is not for new coach but can anyone tell me weather BCB has announced the new leader of Bangladesh cricket team, it was suppose to be announced today?
Old May 15, 2007, 06:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
i wish i could... i wish i could...

DAM!!!! just when i thought i could tell my mother to make mishti becoz we all sooooooooo happy bashu was retiring.....
Old May 15, 2007, 06:41 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Hablar dhanda onnorokom.

one more thoughts to the lists +++ might be there is a reason that our next probable selectors (1 known as Akram Khan, other 2s unknown) has hinted him that he will be in the next ODI team . also money is a big factor . yes probable failing of ASH because all our next ODI's is away and we will surely do bad (with or withoug Hablu).
Old May 15, 2007, 07:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_cat
one more thoughts to the lists +++ might be there is a reason that our next probable selectors (1 known as Akram Khan, other 2s unknown) has hinted him that he will be in the next ODI team . also money is a big factor . yes probable failing of ASH because all our next ODI's is away and we will surely do bad (with or withoug Hablu).
guys this so called Akram khan what does he know about cricket all he knows is how to put weight on so rather then been a slector he should be some sort of instructer for people who can't eat.
Old May 15, 2007, 07:20 AM
Test Cricketer

I can handle him being in the side. If Omar is going to be dropped, as predicted, we can still afford to have one batsman in the side who scores at a snail's pace. There is also the slight possibility that he'll regain the form that made him the best batsman in our history.

I absolutely can't stand the idea that he'll stay on as captain though.
Old May 15, 2007, 07:39 AM
Street Cricketer

The time has come to prove that there is no internal politics in the BCB after there was a concern when Mashud was left out of the ODI squad for the last two campaigns. They should be done with a new coach by now and as far as Habibul's inclusion is concerned, I feel he has passed his ability to play the ODI. I would like to see someone young replacing Bashar. It could have been better if Mushfiq is kept only as a batsmen, since he is keeping like the best keeper in country wide inter-school tournaments. Mashud should be keeping and Mushfiq should be there at the slips to learn closely how the job is done at that level.
Old May 15, 2007, 07:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Hello Miraz bahi do you if BCB has announced the next BD coach yet, isn't it meant to be today? if you know anything please let us know, many thanks in advance.