facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2005, 11:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Should we have arranged a 3rd test to Prove Ourselves!

It definitely takes time for the test cricket's newest edition to apply itself in an alien condition such as the one in England. We could have played more practice matches like Zimbabwe did, but playing with the England team is what we needed to raise our game. This is What Arjuna Ranatunga had said before our series started when interviewed by Andrew Miller.

Quote:
AM: Bangladesh are about to land in England - do you see parallels with your first visit in 1984?

AR: Yes, to a certain extent. We didn\'t do well against the counties, but we played well in our one-off Test match and I felt we should have had a chance to play in a three-Test series long before we did. Personally, I feel you need three Tests in a series, regardless of which side is touring. Otherwise, a side can win an entire series on the back of three or four good days. It\'s unfair on the team that doesn\'t have time to fight back. Read more:

Old June 5, 2005, 11:55 AM
Banned

My thoughts are not exactly that (would have been good though), but very much along the line. I sorta recall the 92-93 tour of Pakistan. They did not play any less than 5 tour matches before the Tests. Ofcourse Pakistan then was a marquee team with a strong fan base.....but thats not the point.

What I hate about some English writers is their subtle comments like...pitch becoming lively, Harmison with a bad back.....just when BD manages to do better.

These guys take the art of sarcasm way to far, not remembering that the pen is not mightier than the sword....their pen is only to stroke their ego.

Abt our players...this last innings now gives them an excuse to put up a stupid grin, do anything that is not right, and act as if they are a Sumurai warrior with the bat when out their...for months to come, yet again.

A little discipline can take them so far......Dave Whatmore sir, bring out your cane and give them a good old English spanking..and not any Yorkshire puddings.
Old June 5, 2005, 12:34 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

What for? To lose a series 3-0 rather than 2-0? No thanks.

We had already played 3 warm up matches (at least, we were scheduled to play 3 games) and when we go on tour, we hardly get even 1 warm up match. So, we did have enough practice matches before the tour.

And to be more precise, we're gonna lose that 3rd test match (if we do arrange for it) not by an innings - that is the only improvement that we could have made if we had a 3-test match series. Just don't forget, it was our MAIDEN tour to England, and I'll be hoping that taking experience of this tour, Bangladesh will try to put up a better performance next time when we visit England after 5 years' time.
Old June 5, 2005, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeh, why not, it will matter another three days

Just because three batsmen clicked in the last match does not mean our misery is over. Knowing Bashar and Aftab, you can't expect them to accomplice the same fit every now and then. Anything better from Ash, Rajin, or Iqbal will be a pleasant surprise.

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 6:02 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old June 5, 2005, 02:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

With all due respect, I don't think England would of wanted to play more than two tests against you.

From Bangladeshis point of view this series is a big one, a big opportunity for the players, an allround great occasion. Wheras for England it is nothing more than a warm up for bigger challenges ahead. So there is two different mind sets completely.

However, knowing the ECB, the biggest mugs in cricket, if you had asked for 3 tests you would probably of got them.
Old June 5, 2005, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I think we should play more warm up matches like this tour in all of our tours. Probably like 3-4 warm up matches, 2 test, then 3 ODI. I think 2 test was enough.
Old June 5, 2005, 02:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

England took the vare minimum which is 2 test. Would have been nice to have more matches against the county sides or the Eng A side just so the guys gained more exposure so when they return to these shores they will have taken a great experience with them.