facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 3, 2005, 05:32 PM
Banned

Default BD should withdraw from Test Cricket

After so many humilating defeats, BD should withdraw from Test Cricket for a while. Compete with some other teams in domestic level like India and Pakistan. After a while when cricket players think they are ready, then we should come back.

Too many humilating defeats are not good for any country. For cricket we are loosing the dignity of our own country.

Edited on, June 3, 2005, 10:34 PM GMT, by m35helal.

Old June 3, 2005, 05:34 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Bar bar khali same topic ..jao ghumaitey jao .......

One more thing : No one withdraws the test status unless their management has a problem ...So , don't worry , people only can make comments but they can't withdraw it from our poor form .........

Test status khali performance diya bichaar korey nah ..............Australian got 44% success after 57th test and we got 14% success we are first from the last and Australia is the 3rd last from the last ....... when even Srilanka , Pakistan having more success after their 37th tests ..........

Edited on, June 3, 2005, 11:05 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 3, 2005, 05:37 PM
Banned

amar akhane ahkan to din ..dada...
Old June 3, 2005, 05:49 PM
Test Cricketer

It is actually not a bad idea. No question of losing our test status arises. We will simply voluntarily refrain from playing a lot of test cricket, especially overseas. Right now it's the ICC calendar that is forcing us to play teams on a home and away basis rather frequently. We can play most of our tests at home. Develop our technique, our mentality and learn how to win. I really don't see who is benefitting by this near constant diet of innings defeats in under three days.
Old June 3, 2005, 07:33 PM
Club Cricketer

I don't get the point at all. This is a stupid idea. We must have to play in this level doesn't matter how bad we perform for the time being. Playing with kenya or zim will not help us that much.
I admit BD played awful but consider the credibility of england team.They are number 2 in ranking and having a wonderul bowling attack right now let alone batting. Everyone is firing up for them and everyhting is going well for this team. After a long time they are in this shape and unfortuantely we are facing them now. I am an optimist and I am sure we will be out of this drag soon. BD will do better.......
Old June 3, 2005, 07:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

wow....r u a member of white supremacy group? messrs benaud,botham,hughes,warne will be proud of u!!
Old June 3, 2005, 08:08 PM
Test Cricketer

i am tired of hearing about our test status. why the hell should we withdraw our test status we are a test playing nation and we are getting better. past five years we have improved alot.just because we are having a bad series we should withdraw the test status? what will that do? england didnt win the ashes for past 16-17 years, i didnt hear anyone saying to them to withdraw from playing on the ashes because they cant win. so why the hell should we withdraw our test status? all of those cricket experts that wants our test status to be taken away they can kiss the *** of 140 million people.
Old June 3, 2005, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

I think we should tour Kenya, Zimbabwe, Namibia, and try to beat them. They should also come to Bangladesh. Another thing we can do is to take part in Ranji Trophy and County Cricket. I think we will come back as a much better team and anyway most of the players are young.
Old June 3, 2005, 08:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

we beat BU, did that help us to play well against england. we also beat ZIM, did that cause us to play well.

i think we need to think rationally
Old June 3, 2005, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I don't think we should leave test cricket. I think we should just play a little less. In that extra time we can send our best players of on tours to compete and get experience. We should have tests once in a while to see how much we improve. Once it looks like we are competitive (or somewhat) we should go back to full status.
Old June 4, 2005, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't think Bangladesh should leave test arena, but all the current team members should. The way they gave away their wickets is simply pathetic, they do not deserve to represent our country at international level.
Old June 4, 2005, 03:19 AM
Club Cricketer

shadhinota orjoner cheye shadhinota rokkha kora kothin.....ar ditio bar orjon kora may be aro kothin....
Old June 4, 2005, 03:30 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
We will simply voluntarily refrain from playing a lot of test cricket, especially overseas.
It IS a bad idea. Did you see how many matches we played AT HOME in the last 6 months? After the West Indies tour, we smiply did not play any longer version matches outside those spinning turf - typical Bangladeshi low bouncy wickets.

In fact, one of the major reasons that our batsman are not showing enough capability in handling Hoggard Harmison with their bounce right now is because we played our last 3 test series at home, where bounce is non-existent. Doesn't it say something?

It simply says that we SHOULD play MORE matches overseas than on those typical Bangladeshi pitches where the most technical flawed player will be able to have a batting average of 40.
Old June 4, 2005, 03:34 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
Develop our technique, our mentality and learn how to win.
That is just the point. We can't develop our technique by simply only playing at home.
Old June 4, 2005, 03:39 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
Another thing we can do is to take part in Ranji Trophy
Anwar Hossain Munir, who has not taken a single wicket either in the Lord's Test or in the current Chester-le-Street test match, and has a bowling economy rate of nearly 6 in both the tests together, he took 3 wickets per innings in the Duleep trophy - first class tournament of India (which is actually one level above the Ranji Trophy).

Now you tell me what we should do & what we shouldn't do.
Old June 4, 2005, 03:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bhai re, amra parbo ki kore jodi amra kali mone kori amra parbo na? Hartase, shochoniyo vabei. kintu emon to na je world record break kore felse. player der dosh ache, kintu tara to iccha kore karap kele na. Condition, skill sob milei ENG amader cheye onek agiye.

jara BD r test status niye prosno tulen tader sudu ekta jinis mone korai dite chai, je ENG, AUS era jokon test kela suru kore eder oponent rao silo somo samoik. ekon BD jokon khelse onanno test team gulo onek besi din dhore khelse, onek established. R khelatao hoye gese onek professional. simply, BD jokoni ZIM er sathe khelbe, win er chance thakbei. kajei keno re bhai sudu sudu BDr dosh den?

R-I-D-O-Y-E B-A-N-G-L-A-D-E-S-H
Old June 4, 2005, 07:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Some white collar cricket politician says Bangladesh was given test status due to strengthen the voice of asian test nations. But it was not completely our headace. After a long waiting from SriLanka and Zim it was a deciding issue to include one new country in the test arena to spread cricket all over the world, which was completeley in the hand of ICC. So, being a test nation, we did not make any mistake and it was in our control. At that time Bangladesh was the best choce and still we are. What do you think , if Kenya was given this status they can do better than us? I don't think so. Though they have some claasy players but they struggle to gather 30 moderate-class players still now. The infrastructure and management is much better in Bangladesh and also was at that time. Considering, all the matter there should not be any question of giving test status and not even leaving. However, from that time we came through a lot in every sectors. We were then, still we are and we will be in field in future; it is the truth. We played lot more tests than other team with the same time other teams had that chances. We played so many matches but we still did not spend that much time. All the things we need is experience, new bunch of experienced players and time. Before leaving hope, leave the idea of leaving test cricket....Please.

Edited on, June 4, 2005, 12:38 PM GMT, by gobdgo.
Old June 4, 2005, 07:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
It simply says that we SHOULD play MORE matches overseas than on those typical Bangladeshi pitches where the most technical flawed player will be able to have a batting average of 40.
Not that there are any batsman who averages 40 at home for BD. Performing well abroad is only secondary. Try perfroming well at home, then in countres with similar conditions and then in completely alien conditions.
Old June 4, 2005, 09:59 AM
Street Cricketer

r u born in bangladesh. i dont think so . when people like u ask about drop bd from test cricket then i have dought r they bengali. come on guys what ever happend we have to support our team and our country. so in the future dont ask about it plz. thanks

Edited on, June 4, 2005, 3:03 PM GMT, by teamsprit.