facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 5, 2017, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
there are 2 types of immigration -- skilled and not skilled.

the skilled workers and the seekers of higher education will always be able to move. a lot of engineering students from BD are moving to Germany and other Scandinavian countries for grad school or PhD programs. A lot of them are going to Aus/Canada as well. Some to US. I personally have many friends or families who migrated relatively easily even in this hostile climate. This will continue and I don't think being "muslim" will put a stop on that.

the unskilled workers will always struggle in the western and EU countries. USA/UK were good for those workers in the past decades (DV visa for USA and traditional ship workers in UK from predominantly Sylhet) but the strict immigration policy will make it very difficult. that's why you see these workers moving to Italy/Korea/Libya. Plus some new exotic places in south America. If all fails, they have the traditional places such as Saudi/Kuwait/Malaysia.

Technology will disrupt the second group of immigrants but will open doors for the first group as western countries will continue to invest heavily on innovation and will need smart and skilled people.

Immigration is not as straightforward. For a huge Bdeshi population, it has varied affects and impacts each groups differently.
This will continue and I don't think being "muslim" will put a stop on that.

Let's give it couple of years to see... this... I wouldn't be too sure and confident about it.

Lets see how more hostile..EU countries become. How religion is used as a tool to achieve many good or evil things.

Time will tell, I'm sure.

Old July 5, 2017, 07:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
This will continue and I don't think being "muslim" will put a stop on that.

Let's give it couple of years to see... this... I wouldn't be too sure and confident about it.

Lets see how more hostile..EU countries become. How religion is used as a tool to achieve many good or evil things.

Time will tell, I'm sure.
well then we "muslims" only have ourselves to blame. we have to respect the local culture and assimilate into the society. that doesn't mean ignore or leave your own religion/values, but adapt to the local customs and live peacefully. if there continues to be attacks then obviously at one point or another, the home country will need to tighten their policy.

in this respect, the US muslims or immigrants in general have done a better job assimilating than their european counterparts.

instead of just blaming others, it is better to look at ourselves and see what is going on.
Old July 6, 2017, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
well then we "muslims" only have ourselves to blame. we have to respect the local culture and assimilate into the society. that doesn't mean ignore or leave your own religion/values, but adapt to the local customs and live peacefully. if there continues to be attacks then obviously at one point or another, the home country will need to tighten their policy.

in this respect, the US muslims or immigrants in general have done a better job assimilating than their european counterparts.

instead of just blaming others, it is better to look at ourselves and see what is going on.
Spot on. But the problem is bigger than we think it is. I will give you an example, when our parents came to UK there main focus was how to send money back home. They fought against their own family here in UK just to send money back home to their brothers, sisters, relatives etc. In doing so majority of the parents, especially dads forget about their children's education (what are they doing? Where are they going? Who are they hanging around with?), lot of them are now drug addicts. Tell me what will those drug addicts know about Islam? some of them are now turning to Islam after a life of enjoyment, which is a good thing. BUT not all of them are able to hack it..some of them become extreme... (many different factors here also).. the problem is deep.. and I don't see it being sorted very soon.. the media is now representing Islam by focusing on those drug addicts and gangsters, which is really sad. I have to say also, in general our Bangladeshi communities have improved, and a lot more youngster are now doing well in education.. but it's probably about 15-20% maximum.. I hope this number increases a lot more IA.. again bring us back to time and waiting.. let's see.
Old July 6, 2017, 03:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Whats up with all the vietnamese folks signing up to the forum these days. Some members should welcome thanhlanh01 to the greatest bengali cricket forum.
Old July 6, 2017, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

:W:
Old July 6, 2017, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
@idumb aka gaa e poira jhogra expert: Yankees referenced something to aklemalp, why on earth do you need to get your "aunty" nose into the conversation? You need to turn on the table fan and drink a glass of thanda pani
hahaha thank you!
Old July 24, 2017, 10:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Once more:

Old October 18, 2017, 01:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Showing threads 1 to 40 of 5920 22 (1 members & 21 guests) Moderators : 14

Tigers_eye
RazabQ, Tintin, ammark, AsifTheManRahman, Rubu, kalpurush, shuziburo, PoorFan, tonoy, Navo, Jadukor, Nadim, Night_wolf, horizon
Old October 18, 2017, 07:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ welcome to the club, Mr T_E
Old October 18, 2017, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Title should be I,Myself and a multitude of russian/chinese bots.